PDA

View Full Version : Lakers tonight! Game 6

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
They will win by 8.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Lets hope so, cuase if they loose this game, the will loose the next and the Suns will win the series.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 12:08 PM
hmmm...didnt the Lakers and clippers tie the season series at 2-2? with the last game being a Laker BLOWOUT, they were not clicking as much as they are now either, I think you underestimate how hard it is going to be for the clipps. :)

AirtimeLavey
05-04-2006, 12:11 PM
They will win by 8.
Sounds about right (or maybe a bit more). Staples will be rockin tonight. Raja Bell's an idiot. Whining about getting hit the face. The guy was constantly holding Kobe. What's he expect playing that tight. Glad he's out for the game. Phx. doesn't have enough of an arsenal now to beat the Lakers.
Should be another great game to watch. Then, bring on the Clips.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Not the time or place to start this shit. You guys aren't there yet Don. Don't be making yourself look silly until you have to.
Confidence my friend :)

460 jus getn it
05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
GO Suns, Kobe is a bitch. If they win tonite its game 7 here......................

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 12:23 PM
The last game was a no contest for the Clippers, their season was over. I believe that the Clippers beat the Lakers by 30 in their previous meeting, when the game actually counted for both teams.
You fellas take the Lakers lightly, VERY bad. You should hope the clippers do not take them lightly, just like the suns did.
:) :) :)

460 jus getn it
05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
HAHA...Good post :)
He is, ****er thinks cause he is this and he is that he can get away with what he wants. Im glad he got cloths lined, was it right NO, did he deserve it yes. Bell has shut him down this hole series............................................ .

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 12:26 PM
He is, ****er thinks cause he is this and he is that he can get away with what he wants. Im glad he got cloths lined, was it right NO, did he deserve it yes. Bell has shut him down this hole series............................................ .
Bell did not shut him down, he did a better than average job defensively, do not look at the points per game, Kobe was seeing the court and running the show still. Why did Kobe deserve it? cause of the fake elbow that suddenly has Raja's jaw closed on one side and "inside bruising". GAY. Raja got frustrated simply cause Kobe is a handful.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
You need to learn and watch more basketball before you come in here with your weak assessments. Kobe average 40 points a game againts Bell during the regular season and in the playoffs, Kobe has been running the offense to perfection. Kobe is not looking to shoot it all that much, he is playing team ball.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't think the Suns took anybody lightly. In fact, I'd say that the Lakers started taking the Suns lightly last game, looking forward to the Clippers. I don't think you're going to catch Cassell, Mobley or Brand taking anybody lightly, which is exactly why they came out and dispatched of the Nuggets rather easily.
Cassell is too busy trying to phone home.
:crossx:

AirtimeLavey
05-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Bring on? The Lakers are traveling TO the Clips :) Homecourt is the Clips.
Lol....that's funny. My bad, I forgot the Clips do rent the place occassionally. The Sparks do, too I guess. Hey, is that a combo ticket? ;)

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't think you're going to catch Cassell, Mobley or Brand taking anybody lightly, which is exactly why they came out and dispatched of the Nuggets rather easily.
I think any other team in the playoffs would have dispatched the Nuggets real easy. Clipps knew that, and postioned themselfs to play the easiest team in the playoffs.

460 jus getn it
05-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Bell did not shut him down, he did a better than average job defensively, do not look at the points per game, Kobe was seeing the court and running the show still. Why did Kobe deserve it? cause of the fake elbow that suddenly has Raja's jaw closed on one side and "inside bruising". GAY. Raja got frustrated simply cause Kobe is a handful.
You need to learn and watch more basketball before you come in here with your weak assessments. Kobe average 40 points a game againts Bell during the regular season and in the playoffs, Kobe has been running the offense to perfection. Kobe is not looking to shoot it all that much, he is playing team ball.
i know alot about the game, and yes ill give it to kobe he has to run the show cause he doesnt have anyone else to help him. Parker, not capable of running the offense, who next, Odom, he is a one game type guy, has one good game followed bye a couple ok games, Luke walton, only in the leauge cause of his last name, Kobe is running the team, yes, but i bet you, tonite when the rest of his team chokes, he will do all he can to over come it but it wont be enough. kobe is a hell of a player, but if he didnt have phill jackson he wouldnt be shit. Suns bye 6............

syke-o
05-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I think any other team in the playoffs would have dispatched the Nuggets real easy. Clipps knew that, and postioned themselfs to play the easiest team in the playoffs.
very true.. they wanted the nuggets in the first round because they knew they would have an easier series..

AirtimeLavey
05-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow. Guess you don't see all the times Kobe gets fouled, but doesn't get the call. He got a lump on his head on a no-call just a few games ago. Raja was always holding Kobe and getting away with it. Then he started his flopping (Raja). Guy just flat can't guard Kobe legit, and paid the price. No excuse for the clothes-line. At least the Lakers were prof. enough not to start a riot over it. I'm sick of watching Nash driving with his left arm out everytime, too. He gets away with that all the time. For you guys that don't play (SW Bob, etc), that's against the rules and usually only guys that can't get it done athetically, cheat their way around it.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, first, I'd bet that not any team would have beaten them real easily. They are a high scoring team. The Clips held them 13 points below their season average. There's a difference between being able to dominate a team and actually doing it over 5 games. They were the completely dominate team, building double digit leads in every game except game 3.
Clipps did dominate them, but it was not hard to do, Denver has no outside shooting and no bench. If the Clipps were that good, they would not have thrown all those games and played the Mavs.

AirtimeLavey
05-04-2006, 12:46 PM
i know alot about the game, and yes ill give it to kobe he has to run the show cause he doesnt have anyone else to help him. Parker, not capable of running the offense, who next, Odom, he is a one game type guy, has one good game followed bye a couple ok games, Luke walton, only in the leauge cause of his last name, Kobe is running the team, yes, but i bet you, tonite when the rest of his team chokes, he will do all he can to over come it but it wont be enough. kobe is a hell of a player, but if he didnt have phill jackson he wouldnt be shit. Suns bye 6............
Lol. Ok. First off, in the triangle offense, it wouldn't be smush running the offense anyway. Luke's name def. helped, but at that level (esp. starting), you gotta be able to play. Luke's got more b-ball IQ, and skill than at least half of the NBA. Odom has come and gone in the past, but he's getting it together. It's still a young team. PJ is making the difference, so I agree w/you on that. Lakers by 8+. They'll still one of the most exciting teams to watch. If you don't agree, just try watching a Clipper's game.

AirtimeLavey
05-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I just posted this great article on the Lakers that is an excellant read. It is meant for Laker Fans as well as basketball fans in general. Enjoy:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113864
Lol...I bit. :yuk:

rsoscia
05-04-2006, 01:12 PM
after the Lakers win tonite and then beat the Clippers. Will the Clippers move to Anahiem and join the Ducks...Lakers and Kings home Staples Center...Clippers need to move out of our house.

AirtimeLavey
05-04-2006, 01:16 PM
after the Lakers win tonite and then beat the Clippers. Will the Clippers move to Anahiem and join the Ducks...Lakers and Kings home Staples Center...Clippers need to move out of our house.
That's probably the best move they could make. Then, they wouldn't seem like such a step-child.

Old Texan
05-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Here's how I see things. The Lakers are playing a Phoenix team that is decimated by injuries. They have no one up front to shut down any penetration nor offer any reasonable inside defense. Suns scoring is all from the outside.
The Nuggets were no push over and at this point probably a more formidable opponent than Phoenix.
The Clippers are for real and I think we'll see a heckuva series. The Lakers will not have the easy inside game they've had against the Suns. Kobe will have to be more of the regular season load carrier rather than the Sun series distributor if the Lakers are going to have a chance.
The clips have a stronger first five and a stronger bench making them a stronger playoff team at this juncture.
Just an outsider's opinion. But this will be a fun series.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Here's how I see things. The Lakers are playing a Phoenix team that is decimated by injuries. They have no one up front to shut down any penetration nor offer any reasonable inside defense. Suns scoring is all from the outside.
The Nuggets were no push over and at this point probably a more formidable opponent than Phoenix.
The Clippers are for real and I think we'll see a heckuva series. The Lakers will not have the easy inside game they've had against the Suns. Kobe will have to be more of the regular season load carrier rather than the Sun series distributor if the Lakers are going to have a chance.
The clips have a stronger first five and a stronger bench making them a stronger playoff team at this juncture.
Just an outsider's opinion. But this will be a fun series.
I agree with almost all of this except with the decimated Suns team. The Suns have fielded that team all year, every other teams has tried to beat the Suns at there game, well the Lakers are making them play there style. The Nuggets are a far worst team than the Suns, just look at their records. If it wasn't for the Nuggest wining their division, they would have been an 8th seed.

KineticoH20
05-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Im going to the game to represent HB Lakers fans, will be next to press area 2nd row from floor on isle, wearing a yellow #8. Clippers here we come! :yuk:

GAME TIME
05-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I agree with almost all of this except with the decimated Suns team. The Suns have fielded that team all year, every other teams has tried to beat the Suns at there game, well the Lakers are making them play there style. The Nuggets are a far worst team than the Suns, just look at their records. If it wasn't for the Nuggest wining their division, they would have been an 8th seed.
I absolutley agree.

GAME TIME
05-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Im going to the game to represent HB Lakers fans, will be next to press area 2nd row from floor on isle, wearing a yellow #8. Clippers here we come! :yuk:
Give em hell tonight!!! :crossx: :crossx: Bring a box of tissues to give to the Suns for all the crying they have been doing and will be doing after tonight. :)

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 02:37 PM
If the Lakers beat the clippers and send them on vacation, then what? do we totally flood the boards like the CFs did when the clippers won a regular season game?...

460 jus getn it
05-04-2006, 02:39 PM
GO SUNS, i just like playing with all you fakers fans. I have to say, its Much more fun to talk about the Faiders. GO SUNS.........................................

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 02:40 PM
You have no idea what is waiting for you Don. The Lakers need to finish up first :) Still sucking up on the Clippers nut sack
And you say you do not take them lightly.
:rolleyes:

GAME TIME
05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Don, where did you get that little guy in your signature???

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Don, where did you get that little guy in your signature???
The dudes penis? oh, I borrowed that from a clippers fan, they all have small ones.
:)
:D
Just right click on it, I have it on my site.

GAME TIME
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
The dudes penis? oh, I borrowed that from a clippers fan, they all have small ones.
:)
:D
Just right click on it, I have it on my site.
Well, I'm trying to send the whole pic to a CF but I noticed they were two seperate pictures. When I try to save the little guy, it is a blank screen. Just wanted to know where you picked him up.

GAME TIME
05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
nevermind, I got it. I had to open it with a different application.

GAME TIME
05-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I see LF's are also technologically savy :)
LOL. Hey, I'm sending that little pic to Barry. You knew he was a Clipper fan right???

SnoopJonnyJon
05-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, I got my old Odom Clippers' jersey on... it'll be a confusing series. :)

Old Texan
05-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Both Thomas' have gone down from what was an already weak backline.
The Suns are the weakest playoff team in the tourney. Career best streaks in this series by Marion and Diaw are the only reason they didn't leave in 4.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Both Thomas' have gone down from what was an already weak backline.
The Suns are the weakest playoff team in the tourney. Career best streaks in this series by Marion and Diaw are the only reason they didn't leave in 4.
They let go of Jim Jackson and picked up Thomas, and that improved there team. Thoma is still playing and the Lakers are also not at full strenth. Diaw is most improved player and Marion is an all-star, so the Suns are more loaded than the Lakers. Don't kidd yourself, the Suns are not the weakest team in the playoffs, the Nuggets were.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 05:28 PM
The Lakers are still missing their 7'1" starting center, who was just starting to peak as he got injured. If he was in there, they could bang it in to him and as long as he is within 5' of the rim you are in trouble.

SnoopJonnyJon
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
No, the Grizzilies were.
yup.

OutCole'd
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
F the haters....GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!! :cool:

SnoopJonnyJon
05-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I feel sorry for the Griz. They win 50 games every year and they've never won a single playoff game. :rollside:
Me too.. i've always liked the grizzlies. I was sad when they left vancouver.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Most important, anyone know how many fouls? this game is taking forever, there is a foul every damn posession, it is getting rediculous, little ticky tack shit.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 08:06 PM
The refs are on pace for a 60 foul night, which is a lot. They might be trying to keep control of the game so that no more "incidents" take place. Or it might just be a hotly contested game 6.
This must be driving you nuts watching this, since you like the aggressive play. It is starting to drive me crazy.

Jordy
05-04-2006, 09:23 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! I hate pro sports and I'm on the edge of my seat with this game. All tied up with 6 seconds left. :220v:

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Overtime, ****

Jordy
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey Tom, look at your f'n post count... w hore. :D

Jordy
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
They will win by 8.
Good call. The Suns did win by 8. Pretty impressive that you picked it. :D :D :D

Rod-64
05-04-2006, 09:45 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
We'd be drinking champagne now if not for the LA owned ref's in the last game. :mad:
OK flame away. :crossx:

cigar
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Phil Jackson has got to be unhappy. Kobe totally took the Lakers out of there game plan! He can't even carry Nashs jock strap.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
****ing Lakers had that game won, they choked. Up 3-1, heart attack is right. The Lakers are not doing a great job defending the Smush to Diaw and Nash to Kwame switch, that is what is killing them, then someone comes to help Smush and it gets kicked out. I saw FORCE Nash to shoot and go under, he is not going to score alot of points, stick to your man, this is what they did to start the series and it worked.

dmontzsta
05-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Phil Jackson has got to be unhappy. Kobe totally took the Lakers out of there game plan! He can't even carry Nashs jock strap.
No, Kobe kept them in the game, Smush with 2 points? gimme a break, they were walking around with their heads down.

cigar
05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
They win when they stay with Phil Jacksons game plan!!

Rod-64
05-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Got lost on last page............worth a reapeat :crossx:
BUWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
We'd be drinking champagne now if not for the LA owned ref's in the last game.
OK flame away.