PDA

View Full Version : Conduct of Police Officers?

THOR
05-04-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a frend that is a cop and is on the juice. The question to all you LEO's or anyone for that matter. Is this legal? What if he gets caught?
Also, he is consistently cheating on his wife? What does the department do with guys like this?

Get415
05-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Your "friend" needs to get off the juice. its not not legal for anybody and should he get caught he is going to need a new job.
Cheating on the wifes not cool but shouldn't be a problem at work unless it gets ugly and spills over to work. Somehow it always does and then you have all those IA people involved in your business cause there is almost always some kind of accusations from either wife or the other chic that causes PD involvement.

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Juice is an illegal drug. He probably will get fired if caught. Cheating is not illegal..

Mandelon
05-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Cheating is not illegal.. But its not good.

91nordic29
05-04-2006, 01:00 PM
okay, what is "juice"?

Mardonzi
05-04-2006, 01:01 PM
okay, what is "juice"?
You don't need to know,,
Now get back to work....

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
But its not good.
Never said it was good :220v: The guy is obviously going through something. He's on drugs and cheats on his wife, and to top it off he's a cop. How wonderful.

Tom Brown
05-04-2006, 01:05 PM
okay, what is "juice"?
In this case, it is both anabolic steroid and semen.

Mrs.Killer
okay, what is "juice"?
steroids

NOTALENT
Juice....it really depends what he is taking, there are still legal supplements that are not yet banned that can have the same effect. Now if its injections..most likely illegal... :p

Kachina26
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
okay, what is "juice"?
It's the kool-aide that Charley distributes :D
Steroids

JB in so cal
05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
That shit does some strange stuff to the body...
http://www.strangepolice.com/images/content/115928.jpg

Tom Brown
05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
That chick loves the juice..... at least, she does in my fantasies.

NOTALENT
05-04-2006, 01:16 PM
That shit does some strange stuff to the body...
http://www.strangepolice.com/images/content/115928.jpg
I would bust a rodney king on that chick!!! Hit that chick over and over again!!! :crossx:

91nordic29
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
You don't need to know,,
Now get back to work....
YOU'RE not the boss of me!!!

unleashed
05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Juice....it really depends what he is taking, there are still legal supplements that are not yet banned that can have the same effect. Now if its injections..most likely illegal... :p
Alright...what are you taking?? I have your gear here ready for you to pickup???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

NOTALENT
05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Alright...what are you taking?? I have your gear here ready for you to pickup???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
haha..nothing yet...just pure adrenaline....you never told me how much??? pm me..

H20Advantage
05-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Juice is an illegal drug. He probably will get fired if caught. Cheating is not illegal..
Also not ethical... we are held to a higher standard than others....

Run_em_Hard
05-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I hate to say it but Police Officers are held to a little higher standards. Every kid wants to be one and they all look up to to em. He should take that into consideration a little. Even adults look to them for help.

lucky
05-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I have a frend that is a cop and is on the juice. The question to all you LEO's or anyone for that matter. Is this legal? What if he gets caught?
Also, he is consistently cheating on his wife? What does the department do with guys like this?
I see no problem as long as O.J doesn't mind !-- maybe the wife was a pain in his ass ??

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Your right about that

Flyinbowtie
05-04-2006, 02:10 PM
The Steroids are probably, but not certainly, illegal.
If they are banned substances, or legal but he is not under a licensed doctor's care, then his agency will probably put him into a substance abuse program. All public agencies in Ca. have zero-tolerance, and all are required to porvide their employees with the oppportunity to enter a monitored program and get them out of his system. The agency would likely prepare an Employee Improvment Plan and he will have to sign it. If he meets the objectives of the plan, he will retain his job. The plan is not unlike a contract, and if he fails to meet the objectives, he can be terminated.
All that aside, the combination of drugs, and regular cheating on his spouse are, as someone else has already pointed out, usually a sign of deeper underlying problems. This job does not allow anybody to get through a career unscathed, and he may be having some problems dealing with the things he sees and has to deal with on a daily basis.
Law Enforcement Personnel are held to a higher standard by the community, and I hope he is able to get his feet back on the ground. If he can't, then the profession is not the place for him; the good folks in it don't need him, and it will simply continue to create problems for him. It is a lose/lose.

BADBLOWN572
05-04-2006, 02:14 PM
I know quite a few LEO's that are on the juice. So far none of them have gotten caught, but they say that if they do, they get sent to drug counceling for it. A mark does go in their file, but typically they do not get fired. I think that people would be surprised on the number of police officers using it.

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I know quite a few LEO's that are on the juice. So far none of them have gotten caught, but they say that if they do, they get sent to drug counceling for it. A mark does go in their file, but typically they do not get fired. I think that people would be surprised on the number of police officers using it.
I think they all should get fired if caught. They know it's wrong and theres no excuse. That same cop would probably arrest someone for carrying it.

laveydayz
05-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I have several friends who are deputy sherriff's and everyone of them has been on the juice at some point of there career. The kicker is one of them has been having allot of problems with his bones. Doctor informed him that all the juice he did has made his bones extremely brittle. This is permanent damge. Now his buddies are all gettin worried!To me the long term health risks are not worth being the big buff guy. It is more of an ego thing I guess.

Deano
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
In the channel last weekend, there was a cop on a quad. I dont think he was on the juice, but he was definetely on the twinkies.
He almost kicked some poor girls ass for having a beer bottle. Fawking guy was all balled up and ready to blow a gasket.
ps. I got a ticket for no license plate light..........and I dont have plates on the truck, lol...

Boatcop
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't know how it is in CA, but here in AZ steroids are listed as Dangerous Drugs, in the same category as Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Peyote, etc.
Any use of steroids while a Certified Peace Officer is cause for immediate suspension, termination and revocation of certification. Mere possession is a felony.
Prior use, other than that which may be considered "youthful experimentation" (no more than 5 times total, no more than twice while over 21, and no use in the previous 5 years), is a disqualifying factor for consideration as an Arizona Peace Officer.
If you choose to report him, just be sure you have proof, and not just suspicions, of illegal substance use. There are many people who can and do bulk up by exercise and legal supplements.

91nordic29
05-04-2006, 03:26 PM
okay, what does"twinkies" stand for? i dont know much about this kinda stuff, lol.

Deano
05-04-2006, 03:29 PM
lil cream filled cakes........just got gay on hb :)

THOR
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
This guy has a 'napoleon' complex. He is 5'6" with his boots on and is very defensive. He is a total ass to his daughter and wife. Has given her numerous STD's. I was told by a cop buddy of mine that his CO would more than likely get very mad at the cheating thing cuz in some cases the jealous wife or boyfriend brings out a gun and............

HavasuSelect
05-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Your friend probably didn't know he was doing steroids. He probably thought that he was taking flaxseed oil for arthritis.

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 05:18 PM
This guy has a 'napoleon' complex. He is 5'6" with his boots on and is very defensive. He is a total ass to his daughter and wife. Has given her numerous STD's. I was told by a cop buddy of mine that his CO would more than likely get very mad at the cheating thing cuz in some cases the jealous wife or boyfriend brings out a gun and............
What can i say, she is an idiot for staying with him.

GHT
05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
The cops I know enjoy the thrill of their job and the challenges they are presented with and the adrenalin (sp) rush they get while performing it.
This F'ing clown is traveling down a one-way road to Sh1tsville and I think he has Kilrs old Vette for the ride. Because it sounds like he wants to ruin everything FAST.
Loser...

slink
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
"Roid Rage"..... it's only a matter of time before this guy does something really stupid like puts his hands on his wife/daughter.

ROZ
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I think they all should get fired if caught. They know it's wrong and theres no excuse. That same cop would probably arrest someone for carrying it.
You raise a good point.. Since it's sounds to be a problem, I wonder if a juiced defendant's lawyer can get a drug test done on a cop for court purposes? Maybe prove he was under the influence of an illegal substance when he arrested the perp and maybe get his client a lesser charge if not thrown out ?
Could a little roid rage be the cause of the few police brutality cases that have been in the news over the years?
<--- law abiding nonjuiced citizen :).. although you probably couldn't tell because of my weightlifter's physic :D

THOR
05-04-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a question that hasn't come up yet. Why, exactly, is this guy your friend?
I say he is a friend, but he is the hubby of one of my wifes workermates. I used friend so I wouldnt have to say "he is the hubby of one of my wifes workermates". It is to long to say "he is the hubby of one of my wifes workermates".

ROZ
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
It is to long to say "he is the hubby of one of my wifes workermates".
This would have been fine.. not too long... , heck, some of us have been here for quite a while and don't really have "time" issus :)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Excellent points!

JB in so cal
05-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Excellent points!
I think ROZ is 'roided out right now. :220v:

THOR
05-04-2006, 06:49 PM
What can i say, she is an idiot for staying with him.
My wife has told her that, but she is afraid to go out on her own. I personally think she is afraid of him. I have met him twice and he is a total tool.

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 06:58 PM
My wife has told her that, but she is afraid to go out on her own. I personally think she is afraid of him. I have met him twice and he is a total tool.
Yeah, most women are afraid to leave until it's too late.....they leave in a body bag instead. Life is too short to be unhappy.

vdrivenman
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
growth hormone & test and be legally taken when a script is written through a licensed physican.
there are so many legal substances out now that really stack up compared to the illegal stuff and may give the appearence and attitude of steriods.
personally i'd stay out of his business.
we had a so called Pres. who cheated on his wife and nothing was done!
most pro atheletes are on the JUICE or have been on the juice. what kind of example do they set for children!
leave it alone ! if he is jucin it,he will self destruct on his own !

slowinhavasu
05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
The standard you hold, is way above average......your a great role model....

ROZ
05-04-2006, 08:37 PM
leave it alone ! if he is jucin it,he will self destruct on his own !
What would suck is if he takes his wife and kid with him when he self destructs.... Question is if any one of the three parties involved life get's better if he says something..

moneypit
05-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Personally I dont care about steroids. I think if someone is willing to take the risks that accompany taking them, its there choice. If he is taking such an amount that would affect his ability to do his job correct then thats a problem (rage factor). I have some people that I call friends. If any of them were taking something that is affecting them, I wouldnt have a problem confronting them. I hope for your friendships sake, he doesnt log on here and see that your posting stuff about him. He might not think of you as a friend. Maybe Im wrong.
Also, I think the department has bigger problems with employees that abuse other substances. I would think the department would call him on it if it became something that was interfering with his performance. Anyone can spot a "roided out dude". Just as long as its not something being thrown in their face. Alot of if's ands or but's...
Correct me if Im wrong but, isnt adultry somewhere in the code book?

DRMCAT
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Personally I dont care about steroids. I think if someone is willing to take the risks that accompany taking them, its there choice. If he is taking such an amount that would affect his ability to do his job correct then thats a problem (rage factor). I have some people that I call friends. If any of them were taking something that is affecting them, I wouldnt have a problem confronting them. I hope for your friendships sake, he doesnt log on here and see that your posting stuff about him. He might not think of you as a friend. Maybe Im wrong.
Also, I think the department has bigger problems with employees that abuse other substances. I would think the department would call him on it if it became something that was interfering with his performance. Anyone can spot a "roided out dude". Just as long as its not something being thrown in their face. Alot of if's ands or but's...
Yeah, I remember reading something about "Not coveting thy neighbors wife" somewhere!

Mrs.Killer
05-05-2006, 12:34 AM
yES AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE IS
ITS H&S 69

clownpuncher
05-05-2006, 01:02 AM
My advise.........................let it go. If he's roid'n, it'll catch up with him. If's he's cheatin' on his wife, shame on him, BUT, the PD won't judge him for that.
Ya can't control others actions, ever.
ROC

Wild Horses
05-05-2006, 05:44 AM
yES AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE IS
ITS H&S 69
To funny Yvonne.

THOR
05-05-2006, 06:12 AM
refer to post #37. He is not my friend and doesnt own a boat, and has no idea who I really am nor does he know about the secret cult here on the boards. F him anyways, he is a dick.

ChumpChange
05-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Too bad he's doing it in an illegal fashion but........
I for one am somewhat happy that people in LE stay in shape. I work out with some LEOs at the gym and besides them, there are so many officers that are fat or scrawny to the fact that one wouldn't think they could depend on them for safety. When I was training to be an officer, I'd go the physical tests and some people could barely do 30 sit-ups in a minute. For the love it was pathetic.
Good for him for being in shape, although not necessarily the right way.
Now the cheating thing.....that's just bad.

probablecause
05-05-2006, 07:06 AM
...Also, I think the department has bigger problems with employees that abuse other substances. I would think the department would call him on it if it became something that was interfering with his performance. Anyone can spot a "roided out dude". Just as long as its not something being thrown in their face. Alot of if's ands or but's...
That is exactly it. Departments (Administrations) just can't walk around making accusations. They have to have reasonable suspicion (ie. yanking someone out of their window several times on a traffic stop) – something that is affecting his work performance. The liability for a Department to approach an employee with any “accusation” could get the Admin in a lot of trouble. Also, Steroids are illegal to possess but there is no H&S crime section for being under the influence of steroids. Other HB posters are correct with saying that if a Doctor prescribed them, he is literally untouchable. I think most administrators understand the reality of the job, and I hate to say it, realized that every department needs their storm troopers. I am speaking from an L.A. County point of view and not South Orange County. These $hit-bags (criminals) are allowed to pump iron all day long in jail and work on anti-cop tactics (you have all seen pictures and videos), so if a cop wants to bulk up a little bit, oh well. All of the cop posters here will agree that size commands respect in a lot of situations.
I am not going to even touch the subject of cheating but stand-by if he gets caught having sex on duty or other “heavy petting”. I found H&S 69 very funny.

THOR
05-05-2006, 07:18 AM
What does H&S stand for.

probablecause
05-05-2006, 07:22 AM
What does H&S stand for.
Health and Safety. Most of the California Drug/Narcotic codes and violations are covered under this section. Although, I looked long and hard and could not fine Mrs. Killer's 69 section.

Old Texan
05-05-2006, 07:53 AM
This guy sounds like an abuser of women. The lady needs help escaping the hell she is probably living and scared sh--less. Abusers are bad to begin with but "Roid Rage" could escalate to serious consequences.
Bad scenario.

BoaterX
05-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Geez, where have I been?? I though cheating on your wife was part of the job duties for a cop. I have cop friends and there's not one of them who I know is faithful.
Most of us who see that nice looking honey driving next to us can't require her to pull over to see if she's game (Of course we can try, but she's more likely to pull over with a uniformed officer). Every Barney Five mofo I know pulls girls over, then gets the number.
My cop buddies wife told him to imagine her gettin it real good from another guy, cuz once he got it in his head, he'd know what she'd be doin if he got caught cheatin.

Boatcop
05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Geez, where have I been?? I though cheating on your wife was part of the job duties for a cop. I have cop friends and there's not one of them who I know is faithful.
Most of us who see that nice looking honey driving next to us can't require her to pull over to see if she's game (Of course we can try, but she's more likely to pull over with a uniformed officer). Every Barney Five mofo I know pulls girls over, then gets the number.
Well, I guess I'm the only cop that doesn't do that. 29 years with my wife and 28 years married, and never cheated. Never pulled women over for telephone numbers. Never even wanted to. And I actually know very few (if any) that do.
Men (or women) who cheat on their spouses, no matter what profession they're in have no respect for their spouse and no respect for themselves. Not to mention insecurity issues.
If you don't want to be with your wife, then divorce her and do whatever you want. But saying all cops cheat and use the badge to get pussy is like saying all investment bankers, Machinests, Firemen, or Wal Mart greeters cheat, just because you might know some that do.
If that's the caliber of friends you have, I'd keep a close eye on your wife, if I were you.

BoaterX
05-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't agree with cheating and agree that u should leave her if ur not happy, but I see it around the popo I know, although Maybe it's just the young bucks....who knows??.......but I have a two female cousins who have done some modeling in their day and they get pulled over all the freakin time by cops. The reality is that it happens. I plan to live a long healthy life with all my body parts intact, so I don't mess around.

H20Advantage
05-05-2006, 07:33 PM
The standard you hold, is way above average......your a great role model....
Thanks Carey now can you email my mom and let her know she raised me right... :p
Words to live by:
Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all persons to liberty, equality and justice.
I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.
I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminal, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.
I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession...law enforcement.

Boatcop
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM
^
|
|
|
|
What he said!

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2006, 12:41 AM
from what i've seen he's a shoe in for a promotion.

LOWRIVER2
05-06-2006, 06:06 AM
We have about 2 officers a year fired over roids. It depends on the situation, officer's history. If it's the first problem of any type of a guy with 10 + years, and he admits he has a problem, most likely demotion, heavy hit of days off and around 5 years before he'll work any specialized spots or promote. I remember our whole football team (Centurions) taking 2 days back in the early 90's for injectiung B-12. The vitamin was'nt the issue, the self injecting was.
Aside from the ego side, many of us use legal enhancements to stay up with what we deal with out in the street. I don't condone roids, but I remember using Andro stack/Estro block before it was banned and it definately helped in knocking the bigger suspects down. You go up against enough suspects that are stacked up/have some wind in a fight and you'll be doing what you can legally to even the odds. The Taser and the bean bag/baton are not the end all in taking a guy into custody. Size and wind (aerobic fitness) matter.
As for the friend, he needs help. Hopefully his friends (ie: you) or his peers step up and suggest counseling (most are free/confidential) through insurance programs. And yes I know how stubborn guys can be to accepting this help, keep the pressure on if he's a friend worth saving.
As for the infedelity, it's a result of stress, lack of time at home, and sometimes, unfortunately, a power trip. I'd would'nt say it occurs solely with this profession but it goes hand in hand with drug dependancy/depression.
Good luck

LOWRIVER2
05-06-2006, 06:18 AM
The mention of the 5'6 reminds me of the change in times.
I think it was the mid 70's when LAPD lowered the height requirement. Men shorter than 5'9 were'nt hired. The hiring adds used to read "A man's pay for a man's job" in the LA Times (800 bucks/month). Funny how the little man complex still prevails. Most of the cops I see that are under 5'9 have that complex and get challeneged/attacked twice as much as us over 6'0 guys.
Oh well, guess they won't do a study on that one over at risk management, might bring on an ACLU lawsuit/LOL.