PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Cougar 22MTR O/B!!

Hydrogasm
08-02-2005, 07:40 AM
I am looking to buy Cougar 22MTR outboard powered boat with or without power. If you know of one for sale in your area let me know. I will pay a $100. finders fee for the info on the boat if I buy it. I can be reached at nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca with any leads. I have a Couagr 21MTR/300X package now that I like alot but would like a little more interior room. Also if anyone knows this boat that I believe is in Michigan let me know as well.
http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/ads/view.cfm?ad=684&title=2003%20Cougar%2022MTR
Thanks
Gary

Hydrogasm
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Still looking. I have had only reply so far which surprises me. Any other leads please e-mail ne at nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca
Thanks
Gary

Tunnel Vision
08-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Would you be interested in a DCB Mach22 with twins?

Hydrogasm
08-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Tunnel Vision
That would be my second choice but most of the ones have seen are still priced very high. E-mail me a few photos, more details and price to nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca Make the files small as I am dial-up or they won't come through.
Thanks
Gary

andylohr
08-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Freind Of Mine Has 23mtr With Dual Jsre 2.5s His # Is 540 894 3122,has Tripple Axle Trailer With It Also His Name Id Chris

Hydrogasm
08-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Andylohr
Thanks for the tip but I really want a single engine 22'. We live on a lake that is only 3 miles long and the boat is used mainly for skiing, so a 23' twin would be overkill, not to mention the gas prices. If you hear of a 22' let me know.
Thanks again
Gary

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-14-2005, 06:29 AM
What price range are you trying to stay in? I have a 22 dcb w/single it an 02 with about 100hrs on it

Hydrogasm
08-14-2005, 08:29 AM
MONEYFURNOTHIN
I am interested in hearing what you have. E-mail me the details,price,location and a few photos to nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca
Thanks
Gary

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-14-2005, 09:28 AM
sent some info to you email, let me know if you dont get it.

Hydrogasm
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
MONEYFURNOTHIN
Got your photo and video. E-mail me at nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca with price,features,options and location.
Thanks
Gary

Hydrogasm
09-09-2005, 05:59 AM
I am still looking, let me know if you find anything at nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca
Thanks
Gary

plaster dave
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I have seen moneyfornothins boat it's the cleanest 22 you could find.

Hydrogasm
09-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Plaster Dave
Moneyfurnothin's boat is very nice from the photos he sent to me but out of my price range plus the boat is on the west coast and I am on the east coast, so I have to take the cost of getting it to me into consideration as well.
Havasu Secret
I have been searching BoatTrader on line every day and have looked at a few Eliminator Daytona 22s but most of them are on the west coast as well. The ads you sent were of 21s though. For your info the Cougars are now being built for now in California. I have a 21MTR/300X (which will be for sale) now and I like it alot but I just want more interior space and a ski locker which the DCB does not have. Hopefully someone will spot a nice 22MTR and let me know about it.
Thanks
Gary

MONEYFURNOTHIN
09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Dave thanks for the kind words about my boat.
Hydrorgasm, still keeping an eye out for you, good luck

mbrown2
09-10-2005, 12:22 PM
For your info the Cougars are now being built for now in California.
Where are they being built? I knew they used to have a dealership in Landcaster, but had not heard they moved manufacturing.

HavasuDreamin'
09-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Where are they being built? I knew they used to have a dealership in Landcaster, but had not heard they moved manufacturing.
Company was sold a few months back to a guy based in the U.S. I thought they were being made out of Arkansas or Oklahoma, but who knows. I haven't heard squat or seen any advertising since the sale.
The 22' Cougar is a nice boat. It is large, has great freeboard, and a lot of interior room for a 22'er. Good Luck.

mbrown2
09-10-2005, 12:58 PM
The 22' Cougar is a nice boat. It is large, has great freeboard, and a lot of interior room for a 22'er. Good Luck.
Agreed...I have always liked the 22MTR OB or I/O and the new 27...their Canadian based rigging and finish was definitely on par with DCB without the proprietary hardware....

Hydrogasm
09-10-2005, 01:08 PM
The factory is being set-up in Hill City,Kansas but until it is up and running the boats are being built in California and the interiors are coming out of Utah. So far they have not built any 22s yet but I can order a new one, up to 5 colors in gel, interior and gas tanks on a tandem trailer unrigged for between $30 and 35K. I would rig it with my engine but that would up my investment considerably though. I would rather buy a good used one. They sold quite a few of them but I guess people are happy with them and not selling them.
Thanks
Gary

Hydrogasm
09-30-2005, 03:45 AM
I have only found one so far. Are there others out there for sale? Let me know if you find one. E-mail me at nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca with the details and if I buy it, I will pay you a $100. FINDERS FEE.
Thanks
Gary

blender over
09-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Have you tried the Boat Trader online. I found a few nice Eliminator 21 Daytona's listed.
Look at these:
CLICK HERE #1 (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/4/80776844.htm)
CLICK HERE #2 (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/1/80590911.htm)
CLICK HERE #3 (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/1/80573411.htm)
CLICK HERE #4 (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/1/80347421.htm)
As you can tell I'm a big Eliminator fan. I grew up living in Anaheim California next to the Old Eliminator factory that was off the 91 and 57 freeways. Eliminator builds a quality tunnel at a reasonable price. DCB is a the best if you can pony up the big dollars. If you are on a budget... take a look at Liberator boats. They have the old style Eliminator Daytona molds and they are made in Texas. Liberator is in the same class as a Cougar and you don't have to deal with a Canadian company like you would if you have any issues with Cougar. The URL #4 is the old style Eliminator hull that Liberator now sells.
With the price of gas today... I'm glad I have a single engine outboard that gets me up to 96 MPH on Lake Havasu and that I can waterski behind.
Good Luck!!!
The rigging and attention to detial elimintor is better then liberator, but if you want to go fast, liberators are set up lighter and have wider sponsons and a taller freeboard compared to eliminator and are cheaper in price.
My buddy has a eliminator 21 with a 2.5 280hp merc and i have a liberator 21, 2.5 225hp merc and i beat him every time in a race!!!
I would post some pics b ut it wont allow me to move them.

Hydrogasm
10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I just had a seriuos inquiry on my Cougar 21MTR , so I neeed to find a 22MTR before I sell my boat. Does anyone have any new leads for me. Please e-mail me at nancy.hindle@ns.sympatico.ca with any info.
Thanks
Gary