PDA

View Full Version : Horror of lake perris [long post]

Scape Goat
08-02-2005, 08:41 AM
First the damn place has way to many jet skis. I'm waiting to launch and people are just driving around me to back in. Next there are some people parking there boats and jet skis right there at the launch ramp, I wait 45 min for them to move, Hell no dude decides to go BBQ. So I am asking him if he can move the jet skis but this dude gets pist and tells me to launch in the middle area. Then this guy in a big pinto type boat launches has no exsperience and turns the boat on with the drive all the way up showers the area, runs into another parked for 45 min boat, runs aground into the concrete, then proceeds to leave, this is with 15 20 kids no life jackets etc. and never learned to put the drive down.I find An open spot cool so I proceed to launch and alls cool. I drive the lincohn to park it put everyone in the boat and start to proceed, bump clunk. damn ran over this guys trailer.I get out to check it damn thing is thirty feet long all the wood is flooting, I am thinking I have to pay for this junk now. When I go to inspect it there is no bolts holding the wood and the wood is so rotting it looks like someome was trying to carve a canoo out of them. I offer to take care of the one wood that my rudder took a chunk from, this dude just said forget about it he was going to replace em any ways. The rest of the day was typical on coming lake lice at full speed then they cut you off and park in the middle of traffic. to many kids driving them and not knowing simple boating opp rules.well when I go to leave alls well except that someone not only keyed my all black navigator they tagged it on the hood with a key. Now I know why this is the most ghetto lake to go to, this is where all the dumn #### boat.so now I need to get the hook ups on some one who can repaint my hood for me

riverroyal
08-02-2005, 08:57 AM
we drive 5 hours to havasu,passing perris on the way...

Scape Goat
08-02-2005, 09:05 AM
I usually do to was there at labor day in the channel, even with the crowd that day I didn't exsperience this much b.s.
Thought I was going to have a relaxing day at the local lake.

RiverOtter
08-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Come to TN. This is how crowded our lake was on Saturday :cool:
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P1010278.JPG
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P1010269.JPG

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-02-2005, 09:41 AM
The last time I was at Perris I was pregnant with my youngest . . . 10 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long, but I don't miss it. I would rather put up with the algae of Lake Elsinore than deal with Perris. Plus, it will be 40% smaller in a few months. Wonder if they'll keep it open?

BarryMac
08-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Perris sucks, I'd rather go to Skinner, it's a 5mph lake but still more fun then Perris. BTW, how many diapers did you see floating on the shoreline? Last time I was there I saw 3, yes 3, pretty freaking gross...

Stoneman
08-02-2005, 09:57 AM
We also used to go to Perris, last time we were there all the locals were swimming/bathing in the water with all their clothes on. The water was very brown and nasty looking and speading out from the swimming area, I'm gettin kind of sick just thinking about it. Just go to Havasu.

a catered life
08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
i have gone to perris over the past 5 years and really didnt trip on how nasty is was the camp sites were decent and the shower were hot but after i became aware of how nasty and polluted it really was i was like :jawdrop: :yuk:

unleashed
08-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Not sure why they call it a lake...its more of a pond and attracts alot of Scum! :D
I havent been there in 20 years so I imagine its gotten really bad.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

a catered life
08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
contact p.pussy they own a body shop somewhere

dmontzsta
08-02-2005, 11:45 AM
You need to go during the week, the weekend crowd at Perris is as bad as it gets, just a bunch of wannabe boat owners.

BrendellaJet
08-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't touch that water. fuqing nasty disease ridden place.

Jbb
08-03-2005, 02:59 AM
Either ...we....or ....they...just dont get it....... :D
sorry to hear about your problems......

Freak
08-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Otter what lake is that?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Either ...we....or ....they...just dont get it....... :D
sorry to hear about your problems......
Nope, I get it, Brian. If Jeff's business wasn't doing so well, we would be gone faster than a cat after a cricket. Pretty much anywhere else in the country you can find nicer, bigger and cleaner lakes and rivers. And in more quantity also. We all have to share the ones out here and drive 3-5 hours to get to many of the decent ones. It sucks. We would love to live somewhere else with trees and more bodies of water, but in most of those places, Sportin' Wood can't make what he makes here and we have a pretty low mortgage. So we stay here for a while. We are planning for the future, though, and my teaching credential should help that as I will be able to get a job anywhere, including the southern states :D Probably will not go that far east, though.

Jbb
08-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Nope, I get it, Brian. If Jeff's business wasn't doing so well, we would be gone faster than a cat after a cricket. Pretty much anywhere else in the country you can find nicer, bigger and cleaner lakes and rivers. And in more quantity also. We all have to share the ones out here and drive 3-5 hours to get to many of the decent ones. It sucks. We would love to live somewhere else with trees and more bodies of water, but in most of those places, Sportin' Wood can't make what he makes here and we have a pretty low mortgage. So we stay here for a while. We are planning for the future, though, and my teaching credential should help that as I will be able to get a job anywhere, including the southern states :D Probably will not go that far east, though.
You might be looking at things backwards.,......The cost of living here is MUCH less...you dont need to earn what you do there ...to have a whole lot more here.....It has some downsides...Ocean areas are expensive...its humid....and there are winters.....but for what you can buy and have ......there is really no comparasin.....I see more and more Cali license plates driving around here in Atl....then ever before ....and there buying some pretty nice ...estates with the winfall profits from Cali house sales....Bet you dont see many peach state tags there...lol...I live 10 minutes from the launch ramp....no waiting...ever...and within an hour I can be at 7 or 8 other lakes....the fee for a year to launch at any lake in the state is $30.....There are no gangs ...or trouble makers on our lakes....they would be promptly shot and made into fish food here.....we tend not to let bad people ruin our fun....we work too hard to put up with any shit during fun time....Our sandbars and party coves are a little more sedate as well....but judging from what I have read recently about weekends at Havasu...It doesnt seem like Im missing much......remember ...you only live once :D

RiverOtter
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
You might be looking at things backwards.,......The cost of living here is MUCH less...you dont need to earn what you do there ...to have a whole lot more here.....It has some downsides...Ocean areas are expensive...its humid....and there are winters.....but for what you can buy and have ......there is really no comparasin.....I see more and more Cali license plates driving around here in Atl....then ever before ....and there buying some pretty nice ...estates with the winfall profits from Cali house sales....Bet you dont see many peach state tags there...lol...I live 10 minutes from the launch ramp....no waiting...ever...and within an hour I can be at 7 or 8 other lakes....the fee for a year to launch at any lake in the state is $30.....There are no gangs ...or trouble makers on our lakes....they would be promptly shot and made into fish food here.....we tend not to let bad people ruin our fun....we work too hard to put up with any shit during fun time....Our sandbars and party coves are a little more sedate as well....but judging from what I have read recently about weekends at Havasu...It doesnt seem like Im missing much......remember ...you only live once :D
Very well said JBB. Nashvillebound would agree. BTW... What is this "Launch Fee" you speak of :hammer2: . None here. No ramp lines, No gangs and the Lake River Lots are lots bigger than out west. Here is a pic of mine.
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/IMG_1074.JPG
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/IMG_1065.JPG
This in on the TN River (Nickajack Lake) literally 5 minutes from downtown Chattanooga by boat or car. Any day of the week including the weekends you have smoothe water for skiing or running flat out.

RiverOtter
08-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Otter what lake is that?
Those pics were taken last Saturday around 1PM on the TN River (Nickajack Lake) approaching the TN River Gourge. :cool:

Jbb
08-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Very well said JBB. Nashvillebound would agree. BTW... What is this "Launch Fee" you speak of :hammer2: . None here. No ramp lines, No gangs and the Lake River Lots are lots bigger than out west. Here is a pic of mine.
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/IMG_1074.JPG
http://sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/IMG_1065.JPG
This in on the TN River (Nickajack Lake) literally 5 minutes from downtown Chattanooga by boat or car. Any day of the week including the weekends you have smoothe water for skiing or running flat out.
we pay $30 ...I think...I launch at the Marina where I keep my boats now ...It used to be $20....that gets you in every state park ...lake ..and launch ramp in the State...all well staffed, secure ..clean... camping and day use facilities..ect ect.....that fee is good for the whole year.....I dont mind paying it...even though I rarely use it anymore...

WILD LAVEY
08-03-2005, 08:01 PM
scape goat, were you at perris last thursday? i saw a boat similar to yours out there.

acatitude
08-03-2005, 09:06 PM
river otter thats a great lookin lake but theres no one there to tow me in when I break :confused:

RiverOtter
08-04-2005, 03:19 AM
river otter thats a great lookin lake but theres no one there to tow me in when I break :confused:
LMAO! We did see 20... maybe a few more boats that day and 1 TN Wildlife Resources Boat. You coulda gotten a tow :D

Freak
08-04-2005, 03:51 AM
What's a water front lot go for around there?

RiverOtter
08-04-2005, 04:31 AM
What's a water front lot go for around there?
Of course depending on size and location. Location being the most important. A good location would be close to the city with a view and year round water. $150,000 to $550,000 for a typical acre lot.

jbtrailerjim
08-04-2005, 04:58 AM
Stop it!! You're making me cry now! :cry: ;) I'd love to get out of Cali. I'm so tired of having to drive 4 or 5 hours to get to the lake, the traffic out here, rude people.......... I could go on and on. I'm sure there has to be a need for another semi-trailer repair shop down south somewhere. :idea:

purrfecttremor
08-04-2005, 05:05 AM
i wouldnt put my foot in that ****ing water let alone my boat.sasty and low class people.DONT GO THERE!

Jbb
08-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Stop it!! You're making me cry now! :cry: ;) I'd love to get out of Cali. I'm so tired of having to drive 4 or 5 hours to get to the lake, the traffic out here, rude people.......... I could go on and on. I'm sure there has to be a need for another semi-trailer repair shop down south somewhere. :idea:
There is plenty of room for everyone......come on down.....do you like ribs...lol... :D

RiverOtter
08-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Dude! Chattanooga alone is home to two of the largest trucking companies in the stares. US Express and Covenant Transport. Bunch of other smaller ones in town also. Averit (sp?) Express is in Nashville. Several other in the area. Chattanooga and Nashville are at major intersections of major highways.

Scape Goat
08-04-2005, 10:06 AM
No It was not me on Perris last Thurs.
I just came back from Omaha neb.
boated on the missouri river during the fourth of July.
first less traffic, no launch fees and we drove for at least an hour up river.
But they just don't do it like we do it in cali/az. No punn intended.
I was thinking of moving there but don't think it will happen, Teachers only make $25,ooo a year starting, I eat that much. :notam:
On the lake some ladies decided to do a little sandbar tradition with us :D and some mulletts started hissing and fussing, that they had kids there. :cry: Funny thing was that they were drunk as can be Had illegal fire works. And every other word out of there mouth was profanity. So the problem can happen anywhere. :idea:
The perps jet ski happen to show up in a pict that budtook of the my boat,but It is his word agaist mine.

Sportin' Wood
08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
In almost all cases I would agree with you, Mine is different. Low morgage, Low tax, and I am capitalizing on the boom. I don't need to make California money.... I want too! :) :wink: 10 more years and I'm outta here.

johnsonmarine
08-05-2005, 01:24 PM
F### THAT PLACE!!!!!! :argue:

phuggit
08-05-2005, 01:41 PM
The only redeeming value Perris has, is it's a place for dirt heads w/gayliners to hang out at. If Perris wasn't there, They would all be looking for someplace else to infect.

lakesmodified
08-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally from SoCal.... MOved to Tennessee 12 years ago... Used to boat at Elsinore, Perris, The RIVER, Nacimiento, Silverwood, Pyramid, etc etc... Bought a lake front lot with 230 ft of frontage on Lewis Smith Lake(Smith Lake in Alabama) approx a 3 hour drive from Memphis, Tn... 22,000 acres of water, 500 miles of shoreline. Average lake depth of 165 ft, as deep as 300 ft! Third cleanest lake in the USA.... Building 3800 sqft all brick home on our .6 acre waterfront lot with 230 ft water frontage. Depth right of the bank is over 30 ft water. Boat dock sitting in 50 ft deep water, with center of channel at 160 ft deep. This lake is very similar to Nacimiento, with many "fingers" only a much larger body of water. For those Californian's, with those houses that are selling into the millions.... I'll have approx $400K TOTAL. between the lot, boat dock and home!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149DDock055.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149DDock036.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149DDock059.jpg

meaniam
08-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally from SoCal.... MOved to Tennessee 12 years ago... Used to boat at Elsinore, Perris, The RIVER, Nacimiento, Silverwood, Pyramid, etc etc... Bought a lake front lot with 230 ft of frontage on Lewis Smith Lake(Smith Lake in Alabama) approx a 3 hour drive from Memphis, Tn... 22,000 acres of water, 500 miles of shoreline. Average lake depth of 165 ft, as deep as 300 ft! Third cleanest lake in the USA.... Building 3800 sqft all brick home on our .6 acre waterfront lot with 230 ft water frontage. Depth right of the bank is over 30 ft water. Boat dock sitting in 50 ft deep water, with center of channel at 160 ft deep. This lake is very similar to Nacimiento, with many "fingers" only a much larger body of water. For those Californian's, with those houses that are selling into the millions.... I'll have approx $400K TOTAL. between the lot, boat dock and home!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149DDock055.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149DDock036.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149DDock059.jpg
really nice i have friends it tenn. i would love to live there. but i wouldnt be able to leave mine or her family. its a support system. if something goes wrong

Flashover
08-06-2005, 09:13 AM
That looks great :D What is the lake temp like and how long is your boating season? :cool: :cool:

lakesmodified
08-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Boating season starts right around early May and ends early October. This is for water contact sports, ie.. skiing, tubing, etc. The cold actually doesn't come in until about Nov., some light snow around late Dec(At the earliest) and by March, it's in the 60's again. Definitely not SoCal weather, but you don't have to worry about lake lice, thiefs, assholes, long lines at boat ramps, overcrowded lakes, etc... I usually boat from Mar-Oct, doing some fishing on either end, and cruising anywhere during that season. Water temps during the Summer months are like any other lake. During the 4th of July weekend, the water was in the mid 80's...

Flashover
08-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Sounds like you got it pretty good there my friend, Im jelouse.... :D :D :D

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Boating season starts right around early May and ends early October. This is for water contact sports, ie.. skiing, tubing, etc. The cold actually doesn't come in until about Nov., some light snow around late Dec(At the earliest) and by March, it's in the 60's again. Definitely not SoCal weather, but you don't have to worry about lake lice, thiefs, assholes, long lines at boat ramps, overcrowded lakes, etc... I usually boat from Mar-Oct, doing some fishing on either end, and cruising anywhere during that season. Water temps during the Summer months are like any other lake. During the 4th of July weekend, the water was in the mid 80's...
Nice set up ya got there :cool:

Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Thats a slice of heaven it sounds like, lucky lucky you. I can't have it that good yet, because I would never be able to leave for work, if that was in the back yard. :D

lakesmodified
08-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys, but unfortunately, it's not in my backyard just yet... I'm still working for a living, so that home when completed will be a 3 hour drive from my present job at Memphis International Airport... Now, if I can finally transfer to the Birmingham Airport in Alabama, then I will be approx one hour away from my lake home, which is way less than I used to drive in California, when I lived in Fontana and drove to LAX on a daily basis. For now, it will just be a weekend home... Did I mention that I can scuba dive right from my deck? What's really great is the lack of traffic... As you can see in the pictures, there's no one around, and they were taken on a Saturday! July 4th weekend was busy, with about one boat passing by every 15-30 minutes!

572Daytona
08-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I agree, the southeast is a great place to live if you like boating. Here's the veiw from my bedroom window:
http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/Dscn9131e.jpg
Too crowded you say?
http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/Dscn2306ee.jpg
If you worry about getting a tow in, just make sure you have an extra boat or 2 around and a kid that knows how to drive them to come get you...lol
http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/allboats.jpg
People boat on Lake Lanier year round here in Georgia, water temp range from probably 40's - 50's in the winter to 70's to 80's in the summer. If anyone is considering moving out this way I can send you information on properties for sale.

Jbb
08-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Showoff.... :mad: .... :D

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Showoff.... :mad: .... :D
Pretty dam sweet eh? :cool:

Jbb
08-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Pretty dam sweet eh? :cool:
Yep...he dont live in the ghetto ....like me...
<embed src=http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/deliverance/drop.wav autostart="true" loop="false" width="0" height="0"></embed>

572Daytona
08-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Yep...he dont live in the ghetto ....like me...
What, you mean Casa JBB with it's impeccably manicured lawn? If I lived in CA, I could only afford the ghetto, that's for sure.

Mohave Vice
08-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Beautiful home. Fontana is GROWING as well as the traffic. I live in So. Ontario below the 60.

lakesmodified
08-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Well gentlemen, I can't say I miss living in Fontana one bit! I used to live on Hemlock, which was about a mile away from the Old Kaiser Steel Plant, which is now Fontana Raceway. Needless to say, the Mexican Gangs, were all over the place, and I can remember very vividly, having to place a pump riot shotgun on the hood of my truck while changing the oil and filter, since there was a crack house right across the street from our home. Between the damn graffiti and all the other BS that went along with them, I was glad to get the Hell out of there. Not saying there isn't any crime in Memphis, but where I actually live, the undesireables are kept at bay... Simply, they get pulled over and harrassed anytime they decide to drive through our town. As far as in Alabama where I'm building my lakehome, I keep my pontoon boat and two jet skis docked on the boat dock, and no one messes with anyones stuff. Reminds me of the way the River used to be about twenty years ago! I just sure hope that the undesireables don't start moving out here...

lakesmodified
08-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Just a picture off the bridge on Sunday.... Where's all the boat traffic? :D :D :D http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149IMG_1762.JPG http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/149IMG_1764.JPG