PDA

View Full Version : $134,000/year -Stay at Home Mom

burtandnancy
05-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Just heard a report that a stay at home mom is worth $134,000 per year based on 92 hours per week (thats approximately $28.00/hour for you math challenged). I think I owe someone some back pay. Hope she doesn't see the same report...

Mrs. River918
05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about. It is good to know somebody out their is keeping track for the stay at home moms!!!! Now if we could just get them to pay up.. :idea:

Angry Inch
05-04-2006, 01:39 PM
So, if I make 50g a year and we get divorced, do I get to collect vaginamony?

Dave C
05-04-2006, 01:55 PM
how much do we get paid to listen to all the bitch/moaning/whining/complaining, etc..... thats a full time job too.
not to mention servicing all the debt incurred during shoe sales.....

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 02:18 PM
I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home with my kids and I dont expect anything in return. :p

Angry Inch
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
You know, a problem I have with that report is that they are claiming that this person ("mom" could be male) is working 13 hours a day, seven days a week; and, that the significant other is not doing anything to help out. I don't know about you, but it takes two to make it work. When that working half get home, you bet your ass (s)he is doing something to help out: dishes, mowing lawn, laundry, etc...

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 02:23 PM
You know, a problem I have with that report is that they are claiming that this person ("mom" could be male) is working 13 hours a day, seven days a week; and, that the significant other is not doing anything to help out. I don't know about you, but it takes two to make it work. When that working half get home, you bet your ass (s)he is doing something to help out: dishes, mowing lawn, laundry, etc...
That easy stuff is worth $5.00 an hour. Big deal.

cdog
05-04-2006, 02:33 PM
The rent at my house is $11,166 a month. :rollside:

BoaterX
05-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Grouchy the week before the monthly, grouchy the week of.... and the week after, so they're really only good for one week.
I think the week of their monthly cycle is time off without pay.

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Grouchy the week before the monthly, grouchy the week of.... and the week after, so they're really only good for one week.
I think the week of their monthly cycle is time off without pay.
Afraid of a little red stuff :rolleyes:

HOT ROD HOOLIGAN
05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Red wings anyone? :yuk: :yuk:

SoCalSouthpaw
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about. It is good to know somebody out their is keeping track for the stay at home moms!!!! Now if we could just get them to pay up.. :idea:
Ummm, what do ya tell your daughter when she asks what the funny sign with her hand (the shocker!) her mommy is teaching her to throw up? :idea:

MAINEVENT
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
FOCK THAT IS A LINE OF SHIT IF I EVER HEARD ONE.... :rolleyes: 94 hour a week work schedule LMFAO...

MAINEVENT
05-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Hahahaha Your so wrong... But if the river is flowing red take the muddy road home... :crossx:

OCMerrill
05-04-2006, 03:46 PM
We have two kids 6 and 3. The stuff my wife goes through....Yikes. :cry:
I say bump up the figure.
Oh, and I have a gardner. Forget that $5.00 hr crap.

Miss Jackie
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
See I knew I wasn't lazy! That's what I'm talking about. :p

sorry dog
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I was hoping a low base salary with good bonuses would increase performance, but the results have been ... dissapointing.

77Woodbridge
05-04-2006, 04:55 PM
It depends on the person doing the care taking at home.... I'm a single parent, male, black, VP MIS, children 14/12/12, not twins 11 months apart. Come home and go into second job - much more crucial - parent.
Some stay at homers are pieces of $hit that are lazy good for nothings who are escaping their own mediocrity by screaming how much they love their children, while not missing a Maurie, Oprah, Soap, you name it. However I believe that the vast majority are PRICELESS caretakers of America's only hope.
OUR AMERICAN WOMEN GIVE BIRTH TO THE FUTURE!
Remember that your sons and daughters will be the men and women that you are. I pray that they forget what I remember.

LUVNLIFE
05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Just heard a report that a stay at home mom is worth $134,000 per year based on 92 hours per week (thats approximately $28.00/hour for you math challenged). I think I owe someone some back pay. Hope she doesn't see the same report...
That is great news. Now I can quit my job and my wife can make the money to pay the bills. Just tell me where to pick up the check :rolleyes:

hoolign
05-04-2006, 05:13 PM
That was her starting salary! worth every penny!

prop check
05-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I must be crazy because I did not know we could place a dollar amount on the love a stay at home mom has for their children to want such a challenging thankless job.

hoolign
05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
I must be crazy because I did not know we could place a dollar amount on the love a stay at home mom has for their children to want such a challenging thankless job.
You musta been at the peelers last night :rollside:

hoolign
05-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Thnaks alot Burt...she just went on strike!! :mad: :D :D

GHT
05-04-2006, 05:30 PM
No doubt. My wife is always working and bustin' her ass. BUT if they are going to make $134,000 then there should be a few things to consider.
1. This would mean she needs to pay for gas in one of the vehicles.
2. Pay taxes on the income.
3. Pay half the house payment
4. Pay for all the utilities used all day at the house (these would normally be much less because there wouldn't be anyone there).
5. Pay for all the lunches with her girlfriends
6. Pay for her own manicure and Hair dooos.
I could keep going. Anyway I think this figure is over rated..
The Time they get with the kids and helping the household to run smooth is PRICELESS..... Some womens lib group probably financed this GAY study.

Kilrtoy
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home with my kids and I dont expect anything in return. :p
Hey honey i'll be home in 5 hours and you know what that means after a hard 3 days of not seeing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:
Have nothing on and my cold beer waiting....... :rollside:
i aint getting any after that comment :cry:

GHT
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey honey i'll be home in 5 hours and you know what that means after a hard 3 days of not seeing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:
Damn Mig... Are trying to ruin your chances? Now your going to have to stop and get a bottle of wine and walk in the house naked to win her back over... :)

MR HARLEY
05-04-2006, 05:37 PM
:D

hoolign
05-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Since when does the gardener get beer??

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:07 PM
dad for 10 months,130k sounds about right,whos hiring?

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Damn Mig... Are trying to ruin your chances? Now your going to have to stop and get a bottle of wine and walk in the house naked to win her back over... :)
Im sure you know how much he loves me :p :p

SummitKarl
05-04-2006, 07:53 PM
That was her starting salary! worth every penny!
WHIPPED!!!!! :)

GHT
05-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Im sure you know how much he loves me :p :p
I know.. I was just trying to get you a nice bottle of wine out of the whole deal... Let me know how it works out.. :)

hoolign
05-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Win her over????..or have her run down the block yelling " Some Mexican robbed a liquor store and he's in my house"
I'M KIDDING!
:rolleyes:

mikendel
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
I could never pay her back for the 21 years she has put in already. Raised 2 kids, took care of my lazy ass, worked, and stayed sexy through it all. Now when she wants, I get.