PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to buy a boat

murphyjjr
05-04-2006, 01:30 PM
I've been considering buying a jetboat. However it seems hard to find new manufactures of these. I have found several including the ultra 19 shadow, Shockwave 20 and some from scorpion. The problem is I have contacted both via voice and email and have yet to get a response. Is the boat business this good that customers of smaller boats are not needed. Anyone know of any other makers to check out. If buying new i'd like a tunnel with BBC in the 19' range.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum wasn't sure where to put it.

Floored
05-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Kachina also builds a nice jet still.

jbtrailerjim
05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
John West the owner of Ultra is here on the boards. He goes by ULTRA28. Send him a pm. He is good about getting back to people.
When I was shopping for a new boat, I e-mailed him my questions and gave him my ph# and he called me back the next day.

Supultlbich
05-04-2006, 04:17 PM
John West the owner of Ultra is here on the boards. He goes by ULTRA28. Send him a pm. He is good about getting back to people.
When I was shopping for a new boat, I e-mailed him my questions and gave him my ph# and he called me back the next day.
No Sh&%&T he called him back, he's a sells boats for a living, good ones at that. I love all you Ultra people!!!

dicudmore
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM
No Sh&%&T he called him back, he's a sells boats for a living, good ones at that. I love all you Ultra people!!!
ahh thanks Sean, all warm and fuzzy that was :220v:

Supultlbich
05-04-2006, 06:55 PM
ahh thanks Sean, all warm and fuzzy that was :220v:
No harm intended :) I love you guys!!

jbtrailerjim
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Just giving the guy a suggestion. Maybe he sent an e-mail to the general e-mail address at Ultra and JW didn't read it? Maybe he called and left a voice mail on their general voice mailand JW didn't get it? Not trying to make excuses for Ultra or sticking up for them. Just trying to help the guy out with his question.
If he did leave JW a voice mail and sent him an e-mail and he didn't respond, shame on John for not getting back to the guy.
Murphyjjr,
Cobra also I believe still builds a jet. Contact Snakewrench here on the boards. He works for Cobra.

Supultlbich
05-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Just giving the guy a suggestion. Maybe he sent an e-mail to the general e-mail address at Ultra and JW didn't read it? Maybe he called and left a voice mail on their general voice mailand JW didn't get it? Not trying to make excuses for Ultra or sticking up for them. Just trying to help the guy out with his question.
If he did leave JW a voice mail and sent him an e-mail and he didn't respond, shame on John for not getting back to the guy.
Murphyjjr,
Cobra also I believe still builds a jet. Contact Snakewrench here on the boards. He works for Cobra.
I know, I was just funning around with you a bit. I'm sure JW got back to him.
Peace out

Goodtime$
05-05-2006, 12:02 PM
I think the Ultra 19 is the only 19 u can get right now, the 19 daytona will be pricey to have them pop one out.
There are also CPs to check into,there is a guy on the boards who builds a 18cp style boat Wicked Performance Boats and Carrera still builds the 20 closed deck boat, it runs hard with bigger power.
best of luck, pm me if you need some help.

Goodtime$
05-05-2006, 12:05 PM
oh duh..post in just jets..those guys know where to find the goods. see u on the river

LOWRIVER2
05-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Bill Scotten,
California Performance Boats
702-523-4808
18/19 foot jet boats.

cruser
05-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Check with Duane at HTP. He sells boats from three different builders. His prices don't seem to outragous. He will sell you a boat in any stage of completion so you can do as much or as little rugging as you want.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Barry from Shockwave also post here. He is very good about answering questions. You can pm him he is shockwavebd.

phebus
05-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Trident builds a jet :)

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
If I were you I'd buy a used one first, because after you drive it, you might want to buy a V-Drive.

bigheavyd2
06-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Dragboatcity.com has lots of jet boats for sale ? check them out.

superdave013
06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Renagade Boats in Anaheim, CA is still building them to. They have a nice 21 and the price is not to bad either.

Partycattin
06-15-2006, 07:08 AM
My brother bought a 21' Aftershock with a 496. Boat runs well. Price wise I think it's a little more than Cheetah but a lot less then most others. ($35K??).
http://www.aftershockboats.com/html/boatbow21.asp

NautiTwins
06-15-2006, 11:01 AM
I've been considering buying a jetboat. However it seems hard to find new manufactures of these. I have found several including the ultra 19 shadow, Shockwave 20 and some from scorpion. The problem is I have contacted both via voice and email and have yet to get a response. Is the boat business this good that customers of smaller boats are not needed. Anyone know of any other makers to check out. If buying new i'd like a tunnel with BBC in the 19' range.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum wasn't sure where to put it.
Have you looked at the WIcked I boat over on Just jets? I have yet to meet them, but they seem to be way above board and willing to build exactly what you want.

Towndrunk
06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Eliminator makes a nice tnnel jet.

Partycattin
06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Did you check out Focker's Ultra in the Spam section? Boat is very clean and much cheaper than new.

Windy
06-24-2006, 08:46 PM
dana performance boats builds a 19',and a 20.5'...any way you like it..pm atomickitn.for details