PDA

View Full Version : Nobody To Run With

Sleek468
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Anybody run there boat in the Cecil County Maryland area?????
I hear of some boats out there from other boaters at the sand bar, but I can't seem to run in to them. (Behemia River sand bar that is)

MarKist
08-02-2005, 09:11 PM
just hang in there! they'll look you up ! :cool: that's what happen to me ,I was at the lake, I think for my 2nd time,, and they saw me and came rite over...anyway Good Luck!
you otta go to Anna ?? you could meet the whole crew in one shot! :cool:
Markist

Sleek468
08-04-2005, 12:59 PM
I'd love to go. Just trying to get someone to go with me, for the ride you know.

Huffer
08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Take Your Dog!!!!

737jetmech
08-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Anybody run there boat in the Cecil County Maryland area?????
I hear of some boats out there from other boaters at the sand bar, but I can't seem to run in to them. (Behemia River sand bar that is)
Cecil county ... I live there but have never been to the sand bar on the Bohemia river. Is it the area veiwed from the route 213 bridge?
Bob

Sleek468
08-04-2005, 05:11 PM
If you were to go south on 213 over the chesapeak city bridge and keep driveing about 10 mins. you will go over another bridge and you'll see Hack's Point Marina on your right. As soon as you get over the bridge you take the first right and follow it around and the marina is on your left. They'll be 20-40 boats at the sand bar on the weekend. When you pull your boat out of the marina and you get out to the river, go under the bridge and the bar is right on the right of the point, you can't miss the boat's. From time to time there's a jetboat or v-drive that comes through. Those guy's down there love to see our old boats flying by. I'll be there on Sat. afternoon, if you have a chance stop down. I'll be the guy in the white boat :)

737jetmech
08-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes,
I know where your talking about.About 25 years ago we were there ... remember boats racing up and down the river past the beach.
Any water cops back there ???I don't run any mufflers on my jet.
This weekend traveling to Washington NC for the SBI race at the Fountain factory.
Bob

Sleek468
08-05-2005, 11:53 AM
No there's no water cop's, and I also run wide open headers. I did'nt know there was a law about that, but this is also my first year with a boat like this. I've seen other boats there before with ott wide open and never heard of anyone getting in trouble. If there is a law let me know, not that it will make me run mufflers. I'm sorry you can't make it this weekend, but you have your own fun to have. I know I'll be haveing some myself! Let me know if you ever come down that way, I'm there almost every weekend. I'll be looking for ya.

HammerDown
08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Sleek468, sometime you'll have to drag you boat up to NE Philly, just off 95 the Linden ave exit. Big free ramp, and we also go up to the Rancocas Creek (use same ramp)...and hang out with some of the Drag Racers (usually every Saturday) www.dvbrc.com
They have a 1/4 mile set up and sometimes do their testing and tuning on some big inch/HP engines. 130+mph :sqeyes:

Sleek468
08-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I'd like to meet up with you some time but I don't think I have a race for you. I mean I'll race you but my boat's not all that hot.
I did'nt know there was a trake up that way.

HammerDown
08-09-2005, 01:20 PM
I'd like to meet up with you some time but I don't think I have a race for you. I mean I'll race you but my boat's not all that hot.
I did'nt know there was a trake up that way.
No, no, no...no (offical race track) on the Delaware River!
Ya got this all wrong! :D
The DVBRC is a drag boat race club, but usually every saturday *(unless at one of their scheduled races)* a few of them get together on a part of the Delaware river called The Rancocas Creek in NE Philly.
Here they have a 1/4 mile marked off where they make some passes to test and tune...or make passes just (for fun). You can also make a pass, or if you want, run someone else...for fun. Or just hang out on the beach.
Their web-site for more info about the DVBRC is www.dvbrc.com
Really a great group of people that put on (4) good race per year and enjoy going fast!
PS. Go to that link...click on photos...scan down...last 8 pics are from the Rancocas Creek ( on some Saturdays) here in NE Philly, just off I95.