PDA

View Full Version : Boat Info?

Sleek468
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I have a 1973 18' Sleekcraft Reble and I'm trying to find some info on the boat. I just got it over the winter. I would like to know how fast is too fast for this boat. I would like to know how fast the hull is. I'm going fast enough for now but the winter here is long and I have major plans for this boat. Before I spend a bunch of money I would like to know if I should just goget a faster hull. Are people going 80,90,100mph in this boat or am I just dreaming.

sanger rat
08-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Ask for Chet on the MHB board. He has one. GPS 70 with BBC. http://forum.michigan***boats.com/

Tim_T
08-02-2005, 04:31 PM
I had a 72 rebel and it was a great boat. It had a 396 and a jacuzzi 12wj in it. But it had lots of room and was pretty good in the chop. Pretty heavy boat too. took 10 people to flip it when we painted it. I got 7 people in that thing once. That was a crazy ride. All in all it was a great lake boat. I think i have some pics of it somewhere. i will see if i can find them and send them to you. Hope this helps.

Sleek468
08-02-2005, 04:55 PM
So your telling me it's too heavy and I need to get something else to go real fast?

Sleek468
08-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Bump

Sleek468
08-03-2005, 05:58 AM
I had a 72 rebel and it was a great boat. It had a 396 and a jacuzzi 12wj in it. But it had lots of room and was pretty good in the chop. Pretty heavy boat too. took 10 people to flip it when we painted it. I got 7 people in that thing once. That was a crazy ride. All in all it was a great lake boat. I think i have some pics of it somewhere. i will see if i can find them and send them to you. Hope this helps.
I'd love to see some pics.!!!!!!!!

Tim_T
08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
I should have them in the next couple of days. They are on my wifes computer in atlanta so she has to email them to me so i can send them. I was in no way saying that boat wont go fast. It is heavy but mine did right about 55-60. And that was with a stock 396 in it. And a bronze a impeller.

Sleek468
08-04-2005, 12:17 PM
bump
:cool:

76elimspecial
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I have a 1973 18' Sleekcraft Reble and I'm trying to find some info on the boat. I just got it over the winter. I would like to know how fast is too fast for this boat. I would like to know how fast the hull is. I'm going fast enough for now but the winter here is long and I have major plans for this boat. Before I spend a bunch of money I would like to know if I should just goget a faster hull. Are people going 80,90,100mph in this boat or am I just dreaming.
I HAD THE EXACT BOAT. MY DAD BOUGHT IT NEW IN '73, THEN MY BROTHER AND I PURCHASED IT FROM HIOM ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO. I BOUGHT AN ELIMINATOR LAST YEAR, BUT MY BROTHER STILL OWNS THE SLEEK CRAFT. THEY ARE VERY WELL BUILT SOLID BOATS. IT HAS HELD UP GREAT FOR US FOR 30+ YEARS.... HOWEVER THEY ARE PRETTY HEAVY WITH THE FLOOR AND ALL. I DID LOOKED INTO BUILDING IT FOR A LITTTLE MORE SPEED AND OPTIONS WERE LIMITED. FOR ME IT WAS MORE WORTH THE MONEY TO BUT A HULL THAT WAS MADE FOR MORE SPEED THAN PUT THE MONEY INTO THE REBEL IN WHICH THERE WOULD BE VERY LIMITED RESULTS.

Sleek468
08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
So I think I need to look for a Tunnel boat or something. I should have done more investigating before I bought the boat. Not that I'm not happy with it but I took a ride in a 750hp v-drive at 97mph and now I know I need more. But I want it in jet form. I know it takes a lot of power to go fast in a jet, so I thought I'd see what I had before I spent alot of money.(not the I already have'nt!!) If anyone know's of a faster hull for sale in the delaware area, let me know, I'll come get it and I'm not afraid to drive a couple hours each way to do it.
Thanx!!