PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinion

FOURQ
08-02-2005, 07:26 PM
ok guys i was asked to do a friend a favor and post this......
he needs help he is making the new southwind 20's and is trying to figure out what he should do for a standard target... so here is the question.. what would you pefer if you were going to buy a new cruser .. an old school target or a newer style target?

One Eyed Jack
08-02-2005, 08:17 PM
he needs help he is making the new southwind 20's and is trying to figure out what he should do for a standard target... so here is the question.. what would you pefer if you were going to buy a new cruser .. an old school target or a newer style target?
lend him your avatar
its the perfect target

Nucking futs
08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Don't you mean A Dana SW20? I kinda like the way Tyson did both with the old style hockey pucks and the flowing swoops on the sides.Gives it a retro new age look.IMO pucks will never go out of style.

BrendellaJet
08-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Why not build what the customer wants? If he's doing this as a business venture he needs to be able to adapt to what others want. Just my opinion.
If I were in the market, I think the classic hull shape of the sw20 is all I need, with a nice up to date interior and running gear would be killer.

FOURQ
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Why not build what the customer wants? If he's doing this as a business venture he needs to be able to adapt to what others want. Just my opinion.
If I were in the market, I think the classic hull shape of the sw20 is all I need, with a nice up to date interior and running gear would be killer.
that is an option but he wants to build a few for the show room and wanted to know what would sell better since they arnt already sold...
Q

flat broke
08-02-2005, 09:12 PM
that is an option but he wants to build a few for the show room and wanted to know what would sell better since they arnt already sold...
Q
I know for a fact he has artwork for a nice "timeless" target that is neither "old school" or "new school" :D
Just my opinion, but when you look at the Vectors and 21 RCs out there, the targets aren't new or old, just plain clean. That approach keeps from dating a hull with "flavor of the week" graphic schemes which hurt resale value down the road.
Just my .02
Chris

DeputyDawg
08-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I agree with the above. Clean and simple never go out of style.

FOURQ
08-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I know for a fact he has artwork for a nice "timeless" target that is neither "old school" or "new school" :D
Just my opinion, but when you look at the Vectors and 21 RCs out there, the targets aren't new or old, just plain clean. That approach keeps from dating a hull with "flavor of the week" graphic schemes which hurt resale value down the road.
Just my .02
Chris
is that the red art he has ??? i liked that one as well

flat broke
08-02-2005, 10:10 PM
is that the red art he has ??? i liked that one as well
Red on paper with colored pencil etc. But should show maroon/burngundy like on the 23 he poped out a couple weeks ago. Same color as the burgundy finish on the Dana billet goodies. That with a dark grey fade. Carry the lower stripes around the transom Schiada style. That's the one.
Chris

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-02-2005, 11:23 PM
old school never dies!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-02-2005, 11:23 PM
classic boat foe' life!!