PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Help?

Kokopelli
08-02-2005, 07:31 PM
We're going to make our first Havasu trip this weekend (we usually are at Parker every weekend).
Is the water level up enough so that the trip to the sandbar isn't so hairy at the mouth of the lake? Can anyone offer suggestions to get up there?
Thanks!

Havasu Hangin'
08-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Throttle down, trim up, and don't look down.
If in doubt, follow a bigger boat (the "guinea pig" method).
:D

Kokopelli
08-02-2005, 07:51 PM
LOL. That's what I usually do, but I always look down and freak! :) And the last time I followed a big boat, he hit sand!

cxr133
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
i have a question....
a few weeks ago we were at Havi for the first time and our friend w/ 34 magic deckboat was showing us the way to the sandbar.
we came to this area that the depth finder on my boat (yamaha sport/jet boat) showed the depth was like 2.5 to 3 feet and there were like 7 other boats going less than wake speed through this area. But our friend in the Magic just blew through this area going like 40 mph.
Later when we got to the sandbar i asked him shouldnt he of slowed down in that area like the other boaters... he said NAH the secret is to stay up on plane. I dont have to worry because they say my boat can operate in 18 inches of water.. but what about the prop boats??
what are you guys opinions???

BoatFloating
08-02-2005, 08:04 PM
LOL. That's what I usually do, but I always look down and freak! :) And the last time I followed a big boat, he hit sand!
You must of been following HH then.... :rollside: :notam:

DEEZ NUTTS
08-02-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm a fan of the wide open and trimmed up method. Does make me pucker a little every time though.

Kokopelli
08-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I need to follow one of you guys with the BIG boats. Then, even if you hit sand, you'll plow a way for me to get through!

CornWater
08-02-2005, 08:33 PM
You must of been following HH then.... :rollside: :notam:
Well no kidding... let me know when the cast comes off of the "dialing" finger.... :jawdrop:

Kachina26
08-02-2005, 08:38 PM
The water level is way up right now, you have to try to ground your boat. I've been up there in February last year when the water was way down for the take off point ramp improvements. I made it just fine even then. I wouldn't recommend it though :jawdrop: Follow somebody up and stay on plane, you'll do fine.

BoatFloating
08-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Well no kidding... let me know when the cast comes off of the "dialing" finger.... :jawdrop:
Man the bitter bus just pulled in...... :supp:

dicudmore
08-04-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm a fan of the wide open and trimmed up method. Does make me pucker a little every time though.
that's how we do it :D

dicudmore
08-04-2005, 06:56 AM
We're going to make our first Havasu trip this weekend (we usually are at Parker every weekend).
Is the water level up enough so that the trip to the sandbar isn't so hairy at the mouth of the lake? Can anyone offer suggestions to get up there?
Thanks!
headed up saturday morning if you need to follow somebody

91nordic29
08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
yup, FAST, TRIMMED nad CLENTCHED. that's how we do it. :cool: