PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Kennedy Crashes Car Near Capitol

Wetracer
05-04-2006, 04:57 PM
What a dumb ass. He should resign.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) crashed his car near the U.S. Capitol early Thursday. He denied alcohol was a factor.
ADVERTISEMENT
[-105221]
"I was involved in a traffic accident last night at First and C Street SE, near the U.S. Capitol," Kennedy, who represents the New England state of Rhode Island, said in a written statement released by his office Thursday afternoon. "I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."
"I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake," Kennedy, son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), said in the statement. It was issued after news reports surfaced about the accident.
According to news reports, the single-car accident happened around 3 a.m.
Capitol Police did not immediately return phone calls for comment.
Kennedy, 38, spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went to Providence College in Rhode Island. He has openly discussed his personal mental health problems, including having been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Early this year he spoke about having been in recovery "for depression, for alcoholism and substance abuse."

Poster X
05-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Actually, he fits in perfect with the Washington crowd. All he needs to do now is rape an intern or have homesexual sex with a minor and he'll just be "one of the boys."

Flying Tiger
05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
What a tool.

Marty Gras
05-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I think he went to the same driving school that his dad went to, (or owns?) It's funny how the same 'names' keep getting elected in different states than the one's they actually live in. Kennedy, Clinton, Rockafeller, Bush. I guess when the 'illegals' take over they will vote out "our criminals" and vote in their own!! "America, of the polititions, by the polititions, for the polititions!!

Blown 472
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Actually, he fits in perfect with the Washington crowd. All he needs to do now is rape an intern or have homesexual sex with a minor and he'll just be "one of the boys."
YOu forgot, he also needs to go to a groove and wear a white suit and pray to a large stone owl.
HO yeah and single the star spangeled banner in vato to suck up to the vato vote, what a pos.

One Eyed Jack
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
YOu forgot, he also needs to go to a groove and wear a white suit and pray to a large stone owl.
HO yeah and single the star spangeled banner in vato to suck up to the vato vote, what a pos.
thats very liberal of you

Cas
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I wonder where the hooker that was giving him a blow job ran off to?

Old Texan
05-05-2006, 04:59 AM
This whole incident is again Bush's fault and can be blamed on global warming.
Young Mr. K being the environmental conscience of America obviously became disoriented from the .02 degree rise in normal temperature and lost his bearings and crashed his auto. There is apparently some flaw in the Kennedy genetics as this same disorientation happened to an elder Kennedy a number of years back causing him to crash his auto, forget what his responsibilities, were and run for the life of his politcal carrer hoping no one would notice. :rolleyes:
3:30 AM, no alcohol, disoriented by some sleeping potion causing him to hallucinate into thinking he was due for a House vote? This is the story I heard on morning AM talk radio.

Seadog
05-05-2006, 05:15 AM
The issue is going to be his being given special treatment by senior capital police. It would have been better if they had submitted to analysis. That would have either backed his claims of medication reaction, or quickly put a lie to it. As it is, he will always be suspect. Suites me, and being a drunk, pervert or coward has never hurt any democrat.

Flying Tiger
05-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Reported this morning by the local LEOS who said they were prevented thus far from investigating this incident.
He says he wasn't drinking, but a waitress at the Cock & Balls Pub says otherwise.

Forkin' Crazy
05-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Like father, like scum!
Says a lot about the people that put him in office, doesn't it!!!!
IDIOTS!!! :220v:

Old Texan
05-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Y'all hear the whining li' bastard talking about checking into the Mayo Clinic? I wanted to puke.
John and Bobby were somewhat sincere patriots but the rest of the bunch in politics are completely inept a-holes. Eunice seems to have some class.
Jackie grabbed the kids and ran.
Papa Joe was a racist bootlegger.
Keep in mind, the Kennedy's were Purple Heart Coward Kerry's inspiration. Dickheads of a feather......
What amazes me are the complete f-cks, mainly in the geriatric crowd that are awed and amazed with this crime family.

Flying Tiger
05-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Y'all hear the whining li' bastard talking about checking into the Mayo Clinic? I wanted to puke.
John and Bobby were somewhat sincere patriots but the rest of the bunch in politics are completely inept a-holes. Eunice seems to have some class.
Jackie grabbed the kids and ran.
Papa Joe was a racist bootlegger.
Keep in mind, the Kennedy's were Purple Heart Coward Kerry's inspiration. Dickheads of a feather......
What amazes me are the complete f-cks, mainly in the geriatric crowd that are awed and amazed with this crime family.
I'll tell ya how they do it:
They really take care of the few that hit the voting booth and ink the Kennedy name.
Everyone else can pound sand,, but they really serve the specific Kennedy voter:
My ex was the Sect for the Chairman of the Board AMGEN when they were testing some cutting edge cancer drugs.
Really revolutionary stuff, Epogen and Neupogen.
No one could reach the Chairman without going through the Ex.
He was usually off Alameda Canyon fishing for Albacore, at the track, or knocking a few balls around Los Robles golfcourse,, a few Mai Tais in his gut.
The chairman takes no calls from anyone but my ex, and she's a bitc# and never answers the phone. Not Billy Grahm,, not Harrison Ford, Shemp or Curly,, no one got through unless they went through the ex,, no one. A tough SOB.
We got phone calls at home from the Kennedy staff trying to get a hook up for the drugs.
The Kennedys muscled in their constituants for pre - F&D approval to get the drugs.
That's a good thing don't get me wrong (and the system sux),, but we had the impression if their wasn't a sound bite in it for Ted on the evening news,, or it wasn't a patient in the immediate specific Kennedy voting demographics, we never would have heard from them.
A complicated approval system that he makes work for votes. No incentive to make approval easier.

steelcomp
05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Kennedy (Liberal) BS. Earlier he gave a completely detailed account of events AFA what happened, and this afternoon in his press conference, he had no recollection of even waking up. He was seen drinking the night before, smelled of alcohol, and was taking a drug which is commonly used to negate the efects of a hangover. Funny how he can't remembre even waking up, but can clearly remember that he hadn't been drinking. His press conference is going to cause him more problems than if he had just kept his stupid mouth shut.
I love what Ann Colter said this afternoon...you can always tell when it's spring time...when the first Kennedy get's cought drinking and driving.
Welcome spring. :rolleyes:

Poster X
05-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Each party has their special collection of idiots and douche bags. We have the Kennedy's. At least they're unaffective. Y'all have Rummy and Cheney who are reinventing the "duck and cover" 60's school drill.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-06-2006, 03:11 PM
being a drunk, pervert or coward has never hurt any democrat.
THAT's sure dead right seadog. :cry:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-06-2006, 03:17 PM
The Kennedy's are INeffective eh? So, Teddy had nothing at all to do with getting Massacusets to be the first state to try to wreck the health care system?
Just watch him in the next 5 years as he tries to cover up what is about to become an enourmously expensive, abused, shambles that wrecks the Mass. economy and make it look as wonderous as the electric ham slicer.

steelcomp
05-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Each party has their special collection of idiots and douche bags. We have the Kennedy's. At least they're unaffective. Y'all have Rummy and Cheney who are reinventing the "duck and cover" 60's school drill.Mentalities like that, trying to justify those idiots, are why murdering, dope smoking, lying, drunken, womanizing, (ie: Kennedys and Clintons) are even in office at all. The Democrat party bows down to these fools as if they were God themselves, and could do no wrong. Never in my life have I heard more pure crap come out of anyone's mouth like I do from Kennedy, Shumer (that idiot oughta be lobotomized) and Hillary Clinton. (The Hildabeast!) You're right...they are ineffective, and so are their policies.
Why hasn't Ted Kennedy ever been brought to justice?
How is Bill Clinton thought of as anything but a lying, womanizing, self centered bafoon?
Hopefully the trend will continue that people are starting to see the light...there's more from the 60's than "duck and cover" that needs to be re- invented, that's for sure.
The last time this country was worth it's Stars and Stripes, we had a President with some sack, and he said, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
I say it's time to speak loudly and start swingin the sombich. :crossx:
BTW...it's INeffective, not UNeffective.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-06-2006, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=steelcomp]
The last time this country was worth it's Stars and Stripes, we had a President with some sack, and he said, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
I say it's time to speak loudly and start swingin the sombich. :crossx: QUOTE]
Damn right. And if someone gets wacked, so be it.
"Sometimes, all you need to solve a problem is a good piece of hickory" (The Pale Rider, (quote may be imperfect, but is close, and the intent accurate))

Forkin' Crazy
05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
BTW...ity's INeffective, not UNeffective.
LMAO!! He must be a (dirt) road scholar!!! :crossx:

Forkin' Crazy
05-06-2006, 05:22 PM
I tell you what I find to be crazy, not amazing, but crazy....
That the press has more of an interest in Rush Limbaugh then Rep Kennedy. Our politicians should be held to the utmost scrutiny!!! :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-07-2006, 01:43 AM
I tell you what I find to be crazy, not amazing, but crazy....
That the press has more of an interest in Rush Limbaugh then Rep Kennedy. Our politicians should be held to the utmost scrutiny!!! :mad:
Well, obviously a guy on the radio is more important and powerful that a United States Senator (crap, don't tell Teddy that, he'll have to drown the sorrows in ANOTHER case of Chivas and then go for a drive in the night air).
Fountaingate is already vanishing under the carpeting, right next to the lump in the corner known as "Chapaquidick" (sp?).

Old Texan
05-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Mentalities like that, trying to justify those idiots, are why murdering, dope smoking, lying, drunken, womanizing, (ie: Kennedys and Clintons) are even in office at all. The Democrat party bows down to these fools as if they were God themselves, and could do no wrong. Never in my life have I heard more pure crap come out of anyone's mouth like I do from Kennedy, Shumer (that idiot oughta be lobotomized) and Hillary Clinton. (The Hildabeast!) You're right...they are ineffective, and so are their policies.
Why hasn't Ted Kennedy ever been brought to justice?
How is Bill Clinton thought of as anything but a lying, womanizing, self centered bafoon?
Hopefully the trend will continue that people are starting to see the light...there's more from the 60's than "duck and cover" that needs to be re- invented, that's for sure.
I say it's time to speak loudly and start swingin the sombich. :crossx:
BTW...it's INeffective, not UNeffective.
Amen.
Well said.
The pols are too busy looking at their damned poll numbers. The people are too busy believing the media lies.

Poster X
05-07-2006, 07:09 AM
The "conservative media" is taking your attention away from the war by using illegal mexicans and a minor Kennedy scandal as bait. In the interim, the murder of unprotected American soldiers continues enmasse. <-- check spelling please.
What I find interesting is, no matter what crime the current administration commits, you guys look to the past for another crime to compare it to. By your standards, Bush could gas two million arab children and you'd just compare it to Pol Pot or a Kennedy? A lesser evil as it were. The past (look it up) means it already happened, therefore is irreversible. <--look that up too. The present and the future, are things we can control. Instead of justifying bad government by comparing it to the past, why not demand better government, because of the past?

steelcomp
05-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Nice try. The topic at hand is young Senator Kennedy's current behaviors, which are just a reminder of an ongoing pattern of rediculously juvinile and inexcusable behavior seemingly consistant with many current democratic polititions. You chose to try and move off topic and defend Kennedy by immediately diverting the attention from himself and his behavior and making a rediculous comparison to Rumsfeld and Cheney...again, a typical liberal move.
The murder of unprotected soldiers? (Again, were not talking about Kennedy, but more lib media lies)
Do you have any idea how stupid that makes you sound??
Have you forgoptten that we were attacked here on our soil and that over 3000 people were killed?
Oh, that's right...that was Bush's fault, and a complete cponspiracy. Actually, it was a Hollywood stunt that really never happened, they just hired David Copperfield to make the towers disappear. We never really landed on the moon, either.
The "conservative media" continues to grow in popularity, and people are starting to understand just how far down the path they've been led by the liberal lying machine. The "conservative media" continues to punch Howitzer-sized holes in the lies the libs have been telling , exposing the rediculous double standard they have, and showing those who are smart enough to open their minds, how terribly their policies have failed, and the harm and damage they have caused. That, my friend, is just the plain truth. Don't be so stupid.
Bush could gas two million arab children and you'd just compare it to Pol Pot or a Kennedy? A lesser evil as it were.
This makes no sense at all. PolPot and Kennedy have nothing in common. One is a useless drunken American politician, the other a murdering dictator responsible for millions of deaths. (OK...they're both murderers...I'll give you that) You probably heard someone say something like this and are trying to repeat it, thinking it sounded really astute. "Man, I'll lay this one on them, they won't know what to say! I'm gonna sound real cool!"
The truth is, Bush has liberated a nation, saved the lives of millions, rid the world of a murdering dictator, ended the mass murdering, and you pissy, mean spirited, hateful, jealous liberals, will never acknowledge anything good about him, continually coming up with crap like he's "murdering" soldiers.
You're a pathetic parrot without a thought of your own.

Poster X
05-07-2006, 08:21 AM
I hate to diasagree with such a brilliant and paranoid observation, but. Iraqi militants are murdering American soldiers. Bush just put them in harms way. I love this little quote of yours: "Have you forgoptten that we were attacked here on our soil and that over 3000 people were killed?" Now that's funny. How many Iraqi's were on the planes? How much Iraqi soil was used to train terrorists? How many Iraqi's fought back when we responded with desert storm? How many Iraqi's made public threats to America pre invasion? And you say ruthless dictator. Would you like to estimate how many innocent Iraqi's we've killed? Kennedy is a red herring. Compared to what DeLay, Rummy and the rest of this administration has done, it's almost funny how quickly y'all jumped on this like it's big news. You are in WAY over your head.

steelcomp
05-07-2006, 08:33 AM
The links to Iraq and terrorism have been made time and time again, just obviously not by the source from which you get your info. They're too busy filling their need for hatred, like you. I'm not going to go into this all over again. Broaden your horizons, and get some actual, factual information, then make an intellectually honest arguement.
I'm over my head?? Yeah, right. LOL :rolleyes: I'm not the one wearing the paper bag. :notam: I hate to diasagree with such a brilliant and paranoid observation, but. Iraqi militants are murdering American soldiers. Bush just put them in harms way. I love this little quote of yours: "Have you forgoptten that we were attacked here on our soil and that over 3000 people were killed?" Now that's funny. How many Iraqi's were on the planes? How much Iraqi soil was used to train terrorists? How many Iraqi's fought back when we responded with desert storm? How many Iraqi's made public threats to America pre invasion? And you say ruthless dictator. Would you like to estimate how many innocent Iraqi's we've killed? Kennedy is a red herring. Compared to what DeLay, Rummy and the rest of this administration has done, it's almost funny how quickly y'all jumped on this like it's big news. You are in WAY over your head.

Forkin' Crazy
05-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I love this little quote of yours: "Have you forgoptten that we were attacked here on our soil and that over 3000 people were killed?" Now that's funny.
I don't find that funny at all. I find that odd that you would.
Well not really. You fit right in with all the other bleeding heartless liberals. :mad:

Seadog
05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Trying to reason with Posser X and his ilk, is ike trying to explain Einstein to a baby. Eventually it might sink in, but only after he grows up.

Poster X
05-07-2006, 02:27 PM
You can only talk smack. There IS no link between Iraq and 9/11. There is absolutely no way you can provide one, because it doesn't exist. I'll wait while you google your collective asses off.
Be honest with me, y'all went to what..the sixth grade?

Poster X
05-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Btw..please don't waste my time with the WMD snipe hunt or the stipend Saddam offered to martyrs families. Neither is relevant to 9/11.

Forkin' Crazy
05-07-2006, 02:35 PM
You can only talk smack. There IS no link between Iraq and 9/11. There is absolutely no way you can provide one, because it doesn't exist. I'll wait while you google your collective asses off.
LOL!!! Finding a link from liberal google would be like finding a sober Kennedy... there is none!!! :crossx:
And, junior, I made it just a weeee bit past 6 grade... :rolleyes:

steelcomp
05-07-2006, 03:45 PM
You wouldn't know honesty if it hit you square in the mouth. You, and the likes, aren't interested in anything about honesty. Just hatred and ignorance, repeating the same lame accusations over and over. Here's a news flash...Bush isn't running again! You lost...get over it, loser. :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
There IS no link between Iraq and 9/11. There is absolutely no way you can provide one, because it doesn't exist.
Again with the "No link between Iraq and 11Sep01". Good f'ing god........ :mad:
Follow closely here Posterx .... NOBODY HAS EVER CLAIMED THERE WAS A LINK BETWEEN IRAQ AND THE 11SEP AERIAL ATTACK ON THE WTC! THERE ARE NO SUCH CLAIM BY THIS ADMINISTRATION!!!!
What there is is denials of it (and false accusations of the administration claiming it) by the screeching liberals.
What THERE IS/WAS and has been repeatedly proven is the following:
THERE WAS A LINK BETWEEN THE HUSSEIN GOVERNMENT AND THE AL-QUEDA TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. Many meetings, money transfers, training, etc.

steelcomp
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Here's a question for you Poser X. Now, I understand this might be a little outside of your rhelm of thinking, but try and look within here, and see if you can keep to the question, without too much side tracking or diversions, which you seem to be so good at.
Fact...none of us really knows anything. We are all just basing our opinions on which ever source of information we choose to trust. None of it is 100% accurate, as the Con's news certainly has it's agenda, just as the lib's dose. None of us really knows any thing momre than what we hear, and choose to believe. Here's the key word...choice. We all have a choice as to which side of the table to sit at. Why do you choose to take a side that's so full of hatred, so bitter, and so angry? Your party, or those you align yourself with, have nothing to stand for any more. No platform, no agenda, no plan, except to HATE George Bush. What is it about you and your nature, what is it that works inside you, that you choose to be so negative and hateful? Why do you choose to hate this country? Why do you choose to align yourself with those who would put Sadaam ahead of their own president, imperfect as he is? What is it about you, inside, that's so angry and hateful that you'd rather see the rule of tyrany, murder, and destruction, even in another country, than defend your own? You, and the people you align yourselves with, have gone SO far left, it's uncanny. The double standard, the lies, the arrogance, that has become so blatently obvious, has become your trademark. You base nothing on fact, but run on pure emotion. You couldn't care less about anything factual, as long as you can blame Bush or his administration. It goes on and on, and as I get older and see more and more, I'm just astonished and disgusted at what level you libs will sink to, and justify. 40 years you/ve had your way. 40 years this country was basically run under liberal democratic rule, and 40 years later, your party has accomplished NOTHING. ZERO. NADA. Just as in New Orleans. There's a perfect example of liberalism at it's best. A completely failed liberal society, full of nothing but blame and finger pointing. Incompetance, ignorance, corruption, and failure...all under full democratic liberal control. 100%. NO accountability, on acceptance of responsibility. That's you, and your party in a nutshell.
Why do you choose to be like that? It is definately a choice you have made.

steelcomp
05-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks SLSS...as usual, the question was turned around as to not address the point. I never said anything about a connection between 9-11 and Iraq. My comment was exactly what you pointed out. Thanks for the follow up. Us 6'th graders need to stick togehter. :rolleyes:
POserX...why can't you just keep a linear discussion going, and quit running away from the facts?Again with the "No link between Iraq and 11Sep01". Good f'ing god........ :mad:
Follow closely here Posterx .... NOBODY HAS EVER CLAIMED THERE WAS A LINK BETWEEN IRAQ AND THE 11SEP AERIAL ATTACK ON THE WTC! THERE ARE NO SUCH CLAIM BY THIS ADMINISTRATION!!!!
What there is is denials of it (and false accusations of the administration claiming it) by the screeching liberals.
What THERE IS/WAS and has been repeatedly proven is the following:
THERE WAS A LINK BETWEEN THE HUSSEIN GOVERNMENT AND THE AL-QUEDA TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. Many meetings, money transfers, training, etc.

Poster X
05-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm impressed. I think I heard some of y'all bangining on your keyboards clear over here in the trailer park.
No connection to 9/11. We all agree. Then, what happened to the "war on terror?" What happened to the original disclosure that Saddam was closely linked to Al Qaeda and they were gonna nuke our sorry asses if we didn't invade and invade quick? I guess it's ok if a President lies, send his boys to war, gets them killed in the name of his own personal agenda, and tells the American people three (no, make it four) different reasons why he's having us fight this war. Some President in the past probably lied too so, It's ok. Why worry about that. Another Kennedy got drunk. Let's worry about that. It's much more important and apparently, makes you somehow feel important. You know, maybe when our death toll hits a hundred thousand and not a damn thing in Iraq has changed, Clinton will get caught with a prostitute and Boy George snorting coke? There's some news. Much better than a bunch of dead soldiers. Have a nice day. I have to go straighten out my pink flamingos. Makes the place look trashy when they're sideways.

Seadog
05-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Poser, The reason for going to war was not WMD. It was over a dozen years of Saddam Hussein thumbing his nose at the UN resolutions that was condition of his surrender after even fellow arab nations went to war against him. Everything else was just added information that was a concern to all nations.
Do I agree with the decision? Not expressly. The combat was well thought out, but the followup was not. Rumsfield, Powell, whoever, should have planned the restructuring better. It is a pity, but too many military leaders do not put enough effort into nation building and the civilian leaers are clueless. The same thing happened in Afganistan.
What people need to realize is that the major enemy is Iran. Iraq is like Japan to Iran being Germany. The problem is that Iran has learned from history that they cannot beat us militarily. So they beat us in where we are vulnerable. We react to overt threats, so they work clandestine assaults that cannot be tied to their leadership. Our people know that Al Queda is supported by Iran, as is Hamas, Islamic Jihad and many other groups. They are making major efforts to destroy us by screwing with the oil supplies. If we had left Iraq alone, the battles being fought now, would have been fought in Afganistan. The country that has foiled every attempt to occupy it. Where the major poppy growers of the world operate. The country that became the Vietnam of the USSR and a major part of its demise.
Most people are too ignorant to realize that both Iraq and Afganistan border Iran. Theoretically, it would be easier for us to battle fundamentalist radicals in a more enlightened nation like Iraq. However, many of our politicans underestimated the underlying forces that exist(ed) in Iraq.
Steelcomp. well said.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-08-2006, 06:12 PM
No connection to 9/11. We all agree.
Education occured.
Then, what happened to the "war on terror?" .
Still going on. Who do you think is fighting in Iraq? Clue, It's damn few IRAQIS.
I guess it's ok if a President lies,.
Explain the lies poster. And check a dictionary first. A lie is a DELIBERATE DECEPTION WHILE KNOWING THE TRUTH (see the clinton administration). A lie IS NOT working on eronious information that you think is accurate. HE WAS TOLD BY AT LEAST 7 INTEL AGENCIES NOT OF US ORIGIN about the Iraq WMD's. IRAQ HAD WMD IN THE PAST (documented history). What Pres Bush had is known as "reasonable suspicion" AND "Probable Cause" to believe the intel to be accurate.
EXPLAIN HOW IT IS A LIE POSTER.
in the name of his own personal agenda,. wHAT'S HIS PERSONAL AGENDA and justify it poster.
Some President in the past probably lied too so, It's ok..
You mean teh previous one????
Another Kennedy got drunk. Let's worry about that. It's much more important and apparently, makes you somehow feel important..
No, someone commited a crime, and since they are a kennedy, they are aparently ABOVE THE LAW, just like the other one was in the '60's.
You know, maybe when our death toll hits a hundred thousand . At this rate, that'll take about 200 years...............

Old Texan
05-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Hey Smokin', where do you place the odds between slim and none that you'll get a real answer IF you get a reply.... :cool:

Poster X
05-09-2006, 06:49 AM
First off it has been corroborated that Bush intended to go to war with Iraq before 9/11. Secondly, There is NO current war being fought on terror. Thirdly Bush has deceived us dozens of times but it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't believe it unless Rush reported it.
The war on Iraq was deception. (ie a lie)
The bird flu was and is a deception (ie a lie)
The use of Homeland Security is a deception (ie a lie)
The immigration law was a deception (ie a lie)
The selling of US Ports was a deception (ie a lie)
The robbing of social security was a deception (ie a lie)
The prewar decision to use Halliburton was a deception (ie a lie)
The banning of Canadian drugs was a deception (ie a lie)
The tax abatement was a deception (ie a lie)
Social reform for the elderly was a bald faced lie.
But, none of that matters. What matters is, you can find something in the past to compare it to, which makes it ok. They're gonna have to redefine duplicity when you guys get done. Any of y'all work for Webster?

572Daytona
05-09-2006, 07:07 AM
First off it has been corroborated that Bush intended to go to war with Iraq before 9/11. Secondly, There is NO current war being fought on terror. Thirdly Bush has deceived us dozens of times but it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't believe it unless Rush reported it.
But, none of that matters. What matters is, you can find something in the past to compare it to, which makes it ok. They're gonna have to redefine duplicity when you guys get done. Any of y'all work for Webster?
Typical liberal, any policy that doesn't agree with their world view must be a lie :rolleyes:

Old Texan
05-09-2006, 10:18 AM
First off it has been corroborated that Bush intended to go to war with Iraq before 9/11. Secondly, There is NO current war being fought on terror.
This Zarqawi guy in Iraq, what orginization do you associate him with? The Cubs?

Poster X
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
You shoot enough missiles you're bound to finally hit a terrorist. The only problem is, most terrorists are watching the Iraqi war on CNN from their villa in the Gaza Strip or one of many guest rooms in the Sudanese Palace.

Schiada76
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM
This without a doubt the most idiotic post I have ever read anywhere.
Poser save yourself some time on your next post and just repeat, "I HATE BUSH!"

Schiada76
05-09-2006, 11:23 AM
"The prewar decision to use Halliburton was a deception (ie a lie)"
This above all else is my all time favorite liberal imbecile rant.
Thay cannot grasp for the life of them how long an actual BID process would take to rebuild an entire country.
Poser just who the fck would you have awarded the contract to, Bechtel?
Does Bechtel do the same things Halliburton does, for that matter do you have the faintest idea what Halliburton does?
Perhaps you in your infinite wisdom would have awarded the contract to a Fwench, German or Russian company. The ones that were being bribed by Saddam, yup that would be a choice a liberal would make. :rolleyes:

Forkin' Crazy
05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
:idea: More useless dribble from junior.
Don't forget about O'Reilly, Hannity, and Ingraham.

Seadog
05-09-2006, 01:32 PM
AND THE TRUE IDENTITY UNDER THE BAG IS;
Michael Moore or Less the truth.
Thanks Poser, you have given me the biggest laugh this week. Hopefully, even you are not dumb enough to believe that tripe.

Kurtis500
05-09-2006, 03:34 PM
wow.. sounds like the rally cry of the tin foil brigade.

Poster X
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
But yet, the Presidents approval ratings are falling to their knees like a crack ***** needing a dime bag. Almost daily we find out he tried to slip some bill under the table. But yet, oil profits skyrocket for Dubya and Daddy. Cheneys stock in Halliburton is reaching Microsoft proportions. Rumsfeld pharmaceutical stock has quadrupled since this administration outlawed Canadian drugs and raised pricing for the elderly and indigent while simultaneously creating a bird flu scare.
Oh yeah...and I hate Bush (with a passion)

SmokinLowriderSS
05-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Man oh man ........ THE FUN BEGINS!!!!!!!!
First off it has been corroborated that Bush intended to go to war with Iraq before 9/11.
So, Hussein risked invasion 17 times by the UN count, when we had a president without the balls to hold Hussein to an agreement. Then his time ran out.
Try again poser.
Secondly, There is NO current war being fought on terror.
Oh the ability to ignore the obvious. The terrorists being caught & killed in Iraq, the head of Al-Queda wanting a "cease-fire" becasuse he is loosing, The lamenting of the failing of the actions of the terrorists, BY THE TERRORISTS (there is a thread on the latest comunique intercept, as well as a thread here somewhere on the last one), yet there is no war against the very peoplke we are actually fighting against.
Pathetic poser, truly a bad try. Try again if you dare.
The war on Iraq was deception. (ie a lie).
Define for me the lie poser. I've debunked the one you will try a hundred times, but don't let that stop ya.
Are you going to explain this to the dead over the world that they did not die of what they died of??? Oh, don't leave out the CDC, tell them too. They deserve to be told.
Which use?
Which immigration law?
So, Dubai Ports World really doesn't exist? They didn't really just recently purchase P&O, the english company that was opperating our E-coast ports? P&O is still in charge then???
So, Congress never really used the money in it the year after it was formed, stuffing IOU's in it ever since???? No money has ever been saved for future retirees. Since 1939, federal law has required Social Security to “invest” its extra money in Treasury bonds. In other words, the government lends the money to itself. Those funds are then mixed in with all other tax revenue and spent on programs such as education, foreign aid and defense. The Social Security surplus is spent each year regardless of whether the budget is in surplus or deficit. When the federal budget is in deficit, the Social Security surplus funds current government programs. When the budget is in surplus, the Social Security surplus pays down the national debt. Either way, nothing is saved for future retirees.
Try it again poser, You're trenching in hard.
How was a lie perpetrated by using the only company in the world capable of doing what halliburton speciliuzes in? Oh, by the way, just what does Halliburton do? Also, why is the only Halliburton div that does contract work for the US govt FOR SALE, FOR 3 YEARS NOW, WITH NO TAKERS??
Sad buster, sad.
So there really is no law banning the importation of prescription drugs into the USA? You better explain this one to Customs and the Border Patroll, cause they are confiscating people's stuff. You better tell these folks too, as they are wasting attorney money Suing the US Govt to allow the re-importation of those prescription meds: Gaylee and Ray Andrews of Elk Grove Village, Ill.
What was a lie about it?
If you paid one snippet of attention to it, it wasn't intended for anyone over aprox age 45. How was it a lie??
Somebody put a fork in poser, he's done.

steelcomp
05-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Wow...this guy's worse than Kahanamoto! (What ever happened to that fool??)
So, PosterX, I noticed you didn't even touch my last question.
You're one really messed up dude. :rolleyes: It's sad that there's something so hateful inside you that you have gone out of your way to digest and repeat all this nonsense. You are the poster (X) child for the libs, and doing an excellent job at perpetuating their hatred. I think if I saw the leadership and future you libs see from within your crumbling party, I'd be pissed too. Your policies have failed society, and this country, miserably at every crossroads. Better take a long last breath, 'cause you and your party are going down. We've defeated communism and socialism on the battle fronts in foreign wars, and we'll defeat you, here.
If you think this place and the people running it are so terrible, why don't you spend your time coming up with better ideas and solutions instead of wasting your time and energy hating?
OR...maybe you should just
GET THE FOCK OUT, ASS HOLE!!

Forkin' Crazy
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
But yet, the Presidents approval ratings are falling to their knees like a crack ***** needing a dime bag.
You watching CNN again? That's bullsh!t.
Almost daily we find out he tried to slip some bill under the table. But yet, oil profits skyrocket for Dubya and Daddy. Cheneys stock in Halliburton is reaching Microsoft proportions. Rumsfeld pharmaceutical stock has quadrupled since this administration outlawed Canadian drugs and raised pricing for the elderly and indigent while simultaneously creating a bird flu scare.
I wonder how much the Clintons supposedly didn't make?
Oh yeah...and I hate Bush (with a passion)
No sh!t!!!! Why don't you answer some of the questions posed here and in other threads?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 03:01 AM
No sh!t!!!! Why don't you answer some of the questions posed here and in other threads?
Because he hasn't got any answers that will withstand any kind of honest scrutiny. Come-on poserboy, prove me wrong! Support yourself with facts like I do and I'll believe you (you can't tho).

Seadog
05-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Poser will never accept the truth. His is a hatred that follows the ways of many the Hollyweird liberals. They make their own rules and never step down to the real world. Anything goes, and the only morality they accept is what is convenient and approved by their publicist. They do not need logic, common sense or compromise. They have money and fame. Fools hang on their every word. Can you imagine any reasonable world that would accept Michael Moore, and so many other of his ilk?

Poster X
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I guess I'd compare your pathological sycophantaticism (<-- new word) To the old analogy "There's no fool like a fool in love." You are so intent on never being wrong and always better or smarter than others, that you completely shut off any news unless it's news you want to hear. You will take this country to the nuclear puff of fart that it's headed to, before you'd ever admit you elected an idiot. There is no link on earth you would believe unless it supported your truth. Your ideals. Your logic. I'm not about to post a bunch of links you'll disregard simply because the person who wrote it was a Democrat, or an Asian, Or a Middle Easterner, or a college nutcase (you know all those professors are dope smoking hippy's). No, I'd rather watch you rant and rave smugly and pat each others back all the way to the burning hell you are delivering this contry to. By all means, please carry on. :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 03:44 PM
I guess I'd compare your pathological sycophantaticism (<-- new word) To the old analogy "There's no fool like a fool in love." You are so intent on never being wrong and always better or smarter than others, that you completely shut off any news unless it's news you want to hear. You will take this country to the nuclear puff of fart that it's headed to, before you'd ever admit you elected an idiot. There is no link on earth you would believe unless it supported your truth. Your ideals. Your logic. I'm not about to post a bunch of links you'll disregard simply because the person who wrote it was a Democrat, or an Asian, Or a Middle Easterner, or a college nutcase (you know all those professors are dope smoking hippy's). No, I'd rather watch you rant and rave smugly and pat each others back all the way to the burning hell you are delivering this contry to. By all means, please carry on. :crossx:
When you come up with news, I'll give it an honest look.
Carry on ignoring reality poser.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
sycophantaticism (<-- new word) :crossx:
Oh yes, neat word. Guess you better explain it's meaning to Websters since you invented it. It does look nicely highbrow tho. :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Go ahead poser, prove yourself right. Take them all one at a time so as not to get lost. Try to prove me wrong. EDUCATE me buddy boy, I dare ya.
Yes, I get 10 cents every time I send them a word somebody other than me invents.

Schiada76
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Boy he sure convinced me I'll tell you right now.
GW invented the bird flu as a lie to ????????????????????????????????????????? :rolleyes:
What a nut job

Poster X
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Rumsfeld benefitted very nicely from the sale of the antivirus that was bought in panic.
It's a combination of sycophant and fanatic. You owe me a nickel.

steelcomp
05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
In otherwords, "no, I haven't got a leg to stand on". :rolleyes: I guess I'd compare your pathological sycophantaticism (<-- new word) To the old analogy "There's no fool like a fool in love." You are so intent on never being wrong and always better or smarter than others, that you completely shut off any news unless it's news you want to hear. You will take this country to the nuclear puff of fart that it's headed to, before you'd ever admit you elected an idiot. There is no link on earth you would believe unless it supported your truth. Your ideals. Your logic. I'm not about to post a bunch of links you'll disregard simply because the person who wrote it was a Democrat, or an Asian, Or a Middle Easterner, or a college nutcase (you know all those professors are dope smoking hippy's). No, I'd rather watch you rant and rave smugly and pat each others back all the way to the burning hell you are delivering this contry to. By all means, please carry on. :crossx:

steelcomp
05-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Rumsfeld benefitted very nicely from the sale of the antivirus that was bought in panic.
So what? So did a lot of other people, I would imagine. And how do you know he did?
You don't even know Donald Rumsfeld, you jackass.
Ever met him?
Ever talked to him?
Have you ever met any of the people that you continually verbally asassinate? Have you ever talked to any one of them?
Do you really know anything about what's going on in Iran, Iraq, Afghanastan, China, or anywhere else in the world except for at the tips of your two faced fingers? Have you ever been to any of those places? Talked to any of those people?
For someone who dosen't know a damn thing about what he's talking about, you sure have a condemning opinion of these people, and this country.
There's always two sides of every story, and one of the highest levels of arrogance and ignorance there can be, is for one person (such as yourself) to know only one side of the story, and take such a strong stand as you do, with all your criticizm and condemnation, and think you're "well informed". You base nothing on fact, just emotional opinion. Your information is as flawed and skewed as your opinion is, because you choose to listen to what makes you feel good.
Again, I ask you...how does all the trash, hatred, and negativity that you spew, make you feel good?
You're a sucker., and you're being played like a cheap fiddle! :rollside: :p
Proof: you can't answer a single question with anything but another question, or you go on to another topic.
Typical. :notam:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 05:53 PM
So which company manufactures bird flu antivirus? How can you be certain Don owns stock in it? By the way, I just might. :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
In otherwords, "no, I haven't got a leg to stand on". :rolleyes:
Yep, pretty much.
'Course, he did try something that vaugely resembled an attempt at an answer, without all the elements of a REAL answer (ie, information, conjecture does not count)
1 attempt, out of 13 accusations.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Nope, they said no dice. They want real, usable words only. No half-baked crap that would take several pages just to try to explain.

Poster X
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Gee, I'm not feelin the love? I can't honestly say I've been to North Korea, Iraq or China. Went to Cozumel a few months ago. Does that count?
I can say, I read, Korean, Chinese, Australian, German and Al Jazeera news almost daily. As well as the Dallas Morning News. (Commie Bastards.) I also watch FOX and CNN almost pathologically. (Background while I work.) I do the New York Times Crossword but never read the paper so, guess I can't count that one? But it did teach me how to spell pteradactyl. I think that qualifies me as the best ill informed duck in this shallow pond of think tank guppies.
Since we are expressing opinions I'll give you a bye on your spiel on circumnavigational experience and just assume, you've probably seen a mountain once. My opinions are based on information much the same as you. You look for feel good news so you don't look like an idiot, and I go for the wide spectrum and try to piece together some fragment of truth from it.
Anyway, I have to get up early. I didn't cash my unemployment check on the first and if I don't get it in by tomorrow I can't get one next week. I don't suppose one of you guys would say I applied for a job in the last week or so and got turned down? I think I can push this another six months if y'all help me out. Do I get any kind of break if I marry a Mexican? I hear George has some amnesty deal cookin' that might come with an annuity? They don't really get fat at thirty do they?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-11-2006, 03:00 AM
I can say, I read, Al Jazeera news almost daily. I think that qualifies me as the best ill informed duck in this shallow pond of think tank guppies.
How many of us failed to spot THIS one coming up?

Old Texan
05-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Unemployment due to Chuck Barris' inability to push through a new cornier version of Gong Show?

Poster X
05-11-2006, 06:34 AM
Unemployment due to Chuck Barris' inability to push through a new cornier version of Gong Show?
Are you really a camel toe named old texan?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Could the Gong Show actually GET any cornier? LOL
Hey, there would surely be room for 2 guys with bags on their heads, The Unknown Comic (who wasn't funny) and the Unknown Poster (who doesn't know what he is talking about). :idea:

Old Texan
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Then there's the new pilot out for summer, "American Idiot". I know someone who will surely get a lotta votes from the audience.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Hey! Good idea, I might just watch that one, for about 5 minuiutes. Idiots bore me pretty soon. Guess that's why I never watch Springer. :yuk:

Poster X
05-12-2006, 06:33 AM
There is not one wise man among twenty will praise himself.
Shakespeare

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 02:30 PM
So which company manufactures bird flu antivirus? How can you be certain Don owns stock in it? By the way, I just might. :rolleyes:
Noting poser's lack of any idea as to the answer to these questions (especially WHO I need to buy stock in to get $$$ from their VACCINE (it's not anti-virus, idiot.), Aparently this one is yet another baseless accusation by another baseless fool.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 02:38 PM
At the risk of making poser look stupid (again, this is becoming a hobby of mine), I wonder if LYSOL (ya know, the cleaning and DISENFECTANT people) is a sufficient source for information about avian flu (the bird flu).
Anyhow, direct from their FAQ pages:
Has a vaccine been developed against the current (H5N1) strain of Bird Flu?
Although there has been some work in vaccine development against the current bird flu strain, the strain that professionals feel will develop in humans will be slightly different. Therefore, since the human strain doesn’t exist yet, a vaccine can not yet be developed.
Thus, NOBODY has made a single dime from "The Bird Flu Vaccine (er, anti-virus)" since such a substance does not exist yet.
Oh the lies lied by the lying liars and the lying liars who lie them.
Hmmm Maybe poser was talking about the new internet "bird flu" virus running arround. Poser, is it OK if Don & I buy stock in Symantec or McAffee? Panda? Is AVG a publicly traded company yet? Trend Micro perhaps?

Poster X
05-12-2006, 03:06 PM
You're not a very strong "disassembler." You the best they got around here?
http://mercola.com/blog/2005/oct/19/rumsfeld_to_profit_from_avian_flu_hoax

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 03:22 PM
As usual, someones BLOG. I at least dig up a valid site that is on the internet for INFORMATION, not a web-log of someone's opinion. You are entitled to THINK Don has engineered some hoax, I demand you PROVE IT. Especially since I can waste all day proving the disease EXISTS, just not in people yet.

Poster X
05-12-2006, 03:29 PM
You're almost no fun. The New York Times link to difficult for you to click? Maybe you'll believe Gilead (tamiflu mfg) themselves? I kinda doubt it though.
http://www.gilead.com/wt/sec/pr_933190157/

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Since you hate this one by default, I hit the CDC first:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/gen-info/vaccines.htm
H5N1 Vaccines
Currently no vaccine is available to protect humans against the H5N1 virus that is being seen in Asia. However, vaccine development efforts are under way. Research studies to test a vaccine to protect humans against H5N1 virus began in April 2005. (Researchers are also working on a vaccine against H9N2, another bird flu virus subtype.) For more information, please see the following sites:
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
NIAID Initiates Trial of Experimental Avian Flu Vaccine
World Health Organization (WHO)
Availability of H5N1 Strains for Use in Vaccine Development
Guidance on Sharing Influenza Viruses with Potential to Cause Human Pandemics
Available evidence suggests no need to change the WHO recommended influenza A/H5N1 vaccine prototype strains, WHO statement from July 20 2005
The location of data worldwide as to the infections & deaths.:
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/updates/en/index.html
Since this one isn't a governmental agency site, more up your alley:
http://birdflu.atspace.com/avianflu.htm
H5N1 in humans is currently limited to a few cases and not a pandemic yet.
Human H5N1 infection was first reported in 1997 when this virus infected 18 people in Hong Kong, 6 of whom dieds.
Since 2003, more than 100 human asian bird flu cases have been diagnosed in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Indonesia. More than half of the infected people have died from the virus.
Gotta throw in the complicitous BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3422839.stm
Since I am in England on the web, BUPA, latest article, 27Mar2006
http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/health_news/270306avianflu.html
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health:
http://www.jhsph.edu/flu/index.html
Wait a minuite, they aren't from ANY governmental agency, domestic or international, or some evil business out to make $$$$.
DYATMIKA SCHOOL Jakarta Bali, some bonafides:
The Dyatmika Foundation was established for the purpose of building a non-profit school that would meet the needs of children in Bali and prepare them to be conscientious adults in tomorrow's world.
The guiding principles of Dyatmika school comprise what the foundation believes to be basic pillars of a prosperous and responsible society:
moral integrity,
religious and social tolerance,
intellectual capacity,
broad knowledge,
civic responsibility,
cultural preservation, and
sensible management of the natural environment.
These principles, directly and indirectly, are fundamental to the educational vision of Dyatmika.
Dyatmika School strives to implement a broad, up-to-date and rigorous curriculum that teaches children the indispensable skill of how to learn. Students develop their critical thinking and creative skills in an atmosphere that respects their natural abilities and personal interests, while encouraging them to reach beyond their own perceived boundaries.
http://www.dyatmika.org/en/avian1.htm <--- the bird flu link.
Turn off the grille, poser's done. AGAIN :skull:
Looiks like the whole world is wrapped up in the great bird flu conspiracy, all for the sake of making Donald Rumsfeld & I rich, filthy, stinking rich. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who wants in on some of the dough???? We're banking plenty to spare. :rolleyes:

Poster X
05-12-2006, 03:47 PM
You're looking foolish now. I'm baiting you of course because I'm sure you are aware the federal government announced tamiflu virus was a safe alternative until a vaccine could be generated. This created a scare and rush on tamiflu that resulted in billions in profits. Of course, you already knew that.
Well, it's time to go to the liquor store and cash my welfare check. I'm tithing moveon.org so I'll go to heaven.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Your whine is about Tamaflu? Just how does that make "The Bird Flu" a LIE as you have accused?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I guess you can thow a party then as Gilead's stock is heading downhill currently. Don's loosing money.
Since you are now backtracking on this LIE now, care to try the others on now, or just throw the truck into reverse wholesale?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
By the way, when did it become illegal for Don Rumsfeld to own any stock in a company hm?

Poster X
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Not illegal. It's that everything this administration has done from, the avian flu scare, to the war in iraq to the port debaucle have all lined the pockets of Cheney, Rummy, Bush, his daddy or all 4. That's not very nice. Don't you think?

steelcomp
05-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Not illegal. It's that everything this administration has done from, the avian flu scare, to the war in iraq to the port debaucle have all lined the pockets of Cheney, Rummy, Bush, his daddy or all 4. That's not very nice. Don't you think?
Two words...
PROVE IT!
Quit repeating the mantra, and just show us the profit. Not a link, not someone else's homework or BS, just post up the hard numbers and be able to show where they came from, when, to whom, and how much.

Poster X
05-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, I could probaly drum up some numbers if I were so inclined. I figure common sense dictates they make huge profits and here's why.
Rumsfeld is obviously a very large shareholder in Gilead. We know Gileads profits were awesome during the flu scare.
We know Cheney is a HUGE shareholder in Haliburton and I think it goes without saying, they've done pretty well for themselves during Cheney's tenure in the White House.
We know George Sr and George Jr are heavily invested in oil futures especially with Saudi and other middle eastern interests as partners. We know that corporate oil is generating more profit in the six years this administration has been running things than ever before in their history. And that's saying something.
We know George Sr was working as an advisor to the Dubai and Saudi interests that were trying to take over and manage our major ports. That probably would have been very profitable for the family. It's still up in the air as to whether they slide that by or not.
So, with some degree of accuracy, I can say, this administration has profited from almost every policy and action they have taken.
Other than that, get off your lazy ass and read something besides the Drudge report. I'm not your teacher. Being stupid is a choice. You have to choose to educate yourself.

Forkin' Crazy
05-13-2006, 07:56 AM
You have to choose to educate yourself.
Don't forget, a stomach full of hate and contempt for the current administration helps determine the direction of your "education".

steelcomp
05-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Well, I could probaly drum up some numbers if I were so inclined. I figure common sense dictates they make huge profits and here's why.
Rumsfeld is obviously a very large shareholder in Gilead. We know Gileads profits were awesome during the flu scare.
We know Cheney is a HUGE shareholder in Haliburton and I think it goes without saying, they've done pretty well for themselves during Cheney's tenure in the White House.
We know George Sr and George Jr are heavily invested in oil futures especially with Saudi and other middle eastern interests as partners. We know that corporate oil is generating more profit in the six years this administration has been running things than ever before in their history. And that's saying something.
We know George Sr was working as an advisor to the Dubai and Saudi interests that were trying to take over and manage our major ports. That probably would have been very profitable for the family. It's still up in the air as to whether they slide that by or not.
So, with some degree of accuracy, I can say, this administration has profited from almost every policy and action they have taken.
Other than that, get off your lazy ass and read something besides the Drudge report. I'm not your teacher. Being stupid is a choice. You have to choose to educate yourself.
In otherwords, no, you can't prove it. My point exactly...you're just assuming.
Lazy ass???
Dude, I'm just amazed at how stupid you've been throughout this whole thread, and what a sucker you are for the lies and hatred that the left has been daily and relentlessly creating about Bush and his admin., all the while being twice as guilty of the things they whine about like the butt-hurt little bitches they are, you included. Why don't you open your pee wee mind, and try getting a little more objective approach to developing your opinion? Nothing in the world is as one-sided as you psyco leftists try and make it seem. You're an extremist, and no matter what the subject is, there's always going to be people like you that couldn't care what the truth is, what the facts are, or where they came from, as long as they support your paranoid agenda, and give you a place to vent your inner anger and hatred. That's called prejudice. (People with your mentality used to want Blacks to sit at the back of the bus, and warn their kids not to drink from the same water fountain) It's not about politics, and it's not about Bush, it's about you, and how your mom's boyfriend probably made you wear dresses when you were a little boy. Now you've found an entire nation of people with as much hatred as you, schooled by a system of not schools, but liberal indoctrination centers, and with as many unresolved childhood issues as you, to band together with, and now you're going to FIX THIS COUNTRY!! (LIke you have for the lastr 40 yrs) Hooo fokinn raaahhh!
Problem is, not one of you can say how, from Hillary, right down to your dumb ass. Your whole platform is "hate Bush", and what's funny is, that for nearly 6 years now, none of it has stuck...it hasn't worked, and you collectively as a party, have never looked worse. Don't bother quoting popularity polls, either. They mean nothing. They're just as skewed and manipulated as everything else you try and throw out there as fact, and aren't any more accurate than you are. You have NO leadership, you have NO ideas, you have NO platform, and you have NO future.
So you just go ahead and keep on this "hate Bush" plan of y'alls. You just go ahead and keep hating, keep lying, and keep living in that pig trough of emotions you live in. I'd say you're the lazy ass...mentally, that is.

Poster X
05-13-2006, 06:07 PM
The points I stated are facts. You can choose to ignore them and suck your thumb while this administration drains you dry or admit to yourself this administration just might have an agenda other than governing. It's America. You are free to be a fool. (If you are so inclined?) :wink:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-13-2006, 06:14 PM
The points I stated are facts. You can choose to ignore them and suck your thumb while this administration drains you dry or admit to yourself this administration just might have an agenda other than governing. It's America. You are free to be a fool. (If you are so inclined?) :wink:
Then prove your "facts" with something other than some libs weblog.

Poster X
05-13-2006, 06:36 PM
You aren't aware that George Sr is an advisor to Eastern oil interests?
You aren't aware of Cheney's past chair and stock holdings in Haliburton?
You aren't aware of Rumsfelds past history in pharmaceutical management and stock interests?
You aren't aware of George Jr's failed oil ventures financed by the middle east?
You aren't aware of the Bush family's current stock holdings in French, Canadian and Middle eastern oil production?
You aren't aware that almost every member of the cabinet has major holdings in aircraft and military production?
If you are THAT ill informed and ignorant of the people you vote for...I can't help you with a million links.
You ignored the New York Times link and the press release from the pharmaceutical company itself. You see, what you only want to see.
Have a nice night. I have to get to the front porch and join my extended family for blues singing and hide and seek. I think my wine is fermented by now?

SmokinLowriderSS
05-13-2006, 06:56 PM
You aren't aware that George Sr is an advisor to Eastern oil interests?
So is Ex-pres Clinton. So?
You aren't aware of Cheney's past chair and stock holdings in Haliburton?
And the illegality there is? Pointless
You aren't aware of Rumsfelds past history in pharmaceutical management and stock interests?
So does Mikey Moore. Pointless, again.
You aren't aware of George Jr's failed oil ventures financed by the middle east?
Just what proof do you have "the middle east" gave him oil companies to run back in the day?
You aren't aware of the Bush family's current stock holdings in French, Canadian and Middle eastern oil production?
You must not be aware of Teddy Kennedy's. So? Pointless, AGAIN.
You aren't aware that almost every member of the cabinet has major holdings in aircraft and military production?
Only the smart ones that want investments to make money, like my investments, which are.
If you are THAT ill informed and ignorant of the people you vote for...I can't help you with a million links.
Because you haven't got any. I asked for PROOF, you post ACCUSATION and CONJECTURE.
POINTLESS..... Over and over.
You ignored the New York Times link and the press release from the pharmaceutical company itself. You see, what you only want to see.
Just becausde I had nothing to say about the times doesn't mean I didn't look at it. I also strolled thru Gilead's last 5 yrs stock performance, and current. Did you? No.
POINTLESS .................. AS USUAL.
Have a nice night. I have to get to the front porch and join my extended family for blues singing and hide and seek. I think my wine is fermented by now
Figures, the unemployment check is in the mail.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Then prove your "facts" with something other than some libs weblog.
Again. :rolleyes:

steelcomp
05-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Let's see...how is this admin. sucking us dry?? This economy is as good as any economy's ever been, IN SPITE of 911, IN SPITE of a war, IN SPITE of the hurricanes, IN SPITE of high gas prices. Unemployment below 5%, the stock market nearing an alltime record, new housing sales still climbing, retail sales still strong. Shall I go on? Oh yeah, that favorite criticizm, the nat'l debt. Well, as a precentage of the GNP, it's no worse than it's ever been. Federal spending down, and what was it...over 400 BILLION dollars more in the people's pockets due to the Presidnt's tax cuts? If I'm not mistaken, some of your lib demorats even had to choke down the fact and admit that the tax cuts were most likely a major contributor to this robust economy, if not soley responsible. Oh, let's see, I'll save you the next whine...it's just a tax cut for the rich, right? :rolleyes: Well, guess who pays the bills in this country.
I don't hear Kennedy, Kerry, or Shumer crying.
You haven't posted anything that proves anything except that you're a bitter, hateful, angry, ungreatful liberal looser.
But I do get a kick out of how stupid you are. :rollside:

Poster X
05-14-2006, 06:20 AM
You have a false economy. You are cutting taxes you can't afford to cut. Who's gonna pay the defecit? Our oil reserves are at an all time low. Inflation is exceeding income in the lower sectors. Real Estate is NOT at an all time high. Don't know where you found that? Car sales are dropping like a rock. Layoffs in American auto manufacturing are imminent and catostrauphic. You are looking through rose colored glasses. Middle management and upper mangement are doing well when the rest of the populace (lower middle class and the poor) are being reduced to new segment we'll call DIRT FARMER POOR!!! Middle management is next so don't get too smug. Since Dubya took over bankruptsies are at an all time high. Layoffs are at an all time high. Small business failure is at an all time high. He has spent more money than all other American Presidents COMBINED and that's accounting for inflation and relative dollar values. It's a house of cards that will crumble and the only thing left standing will be the very rich leaving us in an India like caste system. Don't let a partisan economist do your thinking for you. That means from either side. Look at the facts, and think for yourself. Assuming you still can.

steelcomp
05-14-2006, 10:24 AM
LMFAO!!!
Unbelievable.
Dude, why don't you just go cut your wrists??
Jump off a bridge?
Eat a handfull of sleeping pills?
Shoot yourself?
You're a freekin liberal moron parrot.
You guys are right...there's no reasoning with someone who isn't open minded enough to even get the facts straight.
You liberal loosers are so bent on perpetuating this doom and gloom that you're going to completely miss these good times. You did say one thing correct, I definately look at things through rose clolred glasses...I always do, along with the facts. It's called optomism. I wake up every single day, and praise God that I'm not cought up in the emotional cesspool called liberalism. Facts aside, you're a miserable, hateful, angry lot of human beings, and I'm so greatful for what this country has, is, and does, throughout the world, that listening to someone like you whine, complain, lie and hate like you do just sickens me. Maybe I have rose colored glasses on, but like I said earlier...it's all a matter of perspective and choice. You choose to believe the facts that serve your miserable politics, I choose to to believe the truth.
Let me share some of it with you.
Ford, Chrysler, adn GM all had slightly lower sales this montrh (less than 10% and less than the analysts had predicted) but imports had strong sales in this country. (BTW...funny how when the big three "announced" their sales drop, their stocks went up sharply) so auto sales aren't "dropping like a rock" as you so positively put it. (See how you spin that?)
I never said "real estate was at an all time high"...those are your words. (Again, the spin. You can't even get a simple quote right...no wonder your facts are so screwed up) I said new housing sales are still climbing. Truth is, one day they're up, the next day they're down. Depends on a lot of things, mainly seasonal, but the "bubble" still hasn't burst. Last repoirt I read was, they're up, and holding steady.
Auto mfgr layoff imminent? That means "yet to happen"...but they haven't happened yet...so you're hoping they do? And I love the word "catostrauphic"!! (it's catastrauphic) How dramatic!!! Layoffs happen every day. As has happened in the past, the private sector and small businesses will absorb those who really want to find a job. Thoes who don't, wont.
We're cutting taxes that we can't afford to cut? Hmmm. Well, the latest report friday was that the tax revenue was higher than it's ever been...due to the tax cuts. Tax revenue...that means the amount of money collected. It was more. Up. Increased! MORE!!!!! Do you get that??? Cut taxes, and tax revenues will always go up!
Inflation exceeding incomes in lower sectors? This isn't uncommon no matter what the economy. Lets look at what causes the lower sectors, shal we? Oh, wait a minute...you don't want to see that truth, do you. (New Orleans was a perfect example of the "lower sector" liberal controlled cesspool failure that I was going to refer to). Without those "lower sectors" you libs would be out of a job. Those "lower sectors" are mostly in blue states or counties, and typically run by democrats putting the money in their pockest instead of helping those lower sectors become better places to live, and keeping them dependant on the liberal programs in order to keep those supressed people supressed.
But you're all about helping the little guy, right? :rolleyes:
Since Dubya took over bankruptsies (I love the way you spelled that one!) are at an all time high. Layoffs are at an all time high. Small business failure is at an all time high.
Prove it. The economy and unemployment, the stock market, just don't bear that out. Show me the numbers, cause I don't have time to go into all that. Just more of your doom and gloom. I do know one thing about small business. The SBA's 2004 report says that small businesses aren't any where near failing, and continue to grow.
Here's a quote from the overview of the report from the SBA to the President:
"The Office of Advocacy of the U.S. SBA is pleased to present...that in 2004, the overall economic indicators improved as the recovery gained momentum, and small businesses lead the way. Continued strong growth requires an environment that fosters ongoing small business activity.
Small businesses were active in the economy of 2004, which was characterized by stable prices and healthy increases in output, productivity, and private sector employment. Financial market conditions favored continued growth, and small business borrowing increased. Small businesses also continued to benefit from federal government acquisition of goods and services in 2004."
It continues:
"The economic recovery that began to emerge in 2003 continued apace in 2004. Real gross domestic product increased at anual rates of 3.75% over the course of the year. The labor market experienced moderate growth as the economy added 1.3 million net new nonfarm private jobs. The estimated number of new employer firms increased more rapidly that terminations and the number of self-employed also increased. Five quarters of available data, including data for the first three quarters of '04 indicated increases in establishments and employment from firm turnover, in contrast to the negative figures from the beginning of 2001 to mid-2003"
So I'm not seeing the all time high small business failure that you quote. Quite the opposite. Just more of your partisan BS gloom and doom. This one's a pure lie.
(BTW...I had to type this out longhand as this report is in Adobe and can't be copied and pasted. There's a lot of very interesting information about small businesses in this country as I read, and they're FAR from failing, more, they're basically what's leading this country's economy.)
He has spent more money than all other American Presidents COMBINED and that's accounting for inflation and relative dollar values.I've never been in favor of the amount of spending this administration has done, and it has been cut back sharply. Those numbers don't account for the increase in tax revenues.
Don't let a partisan economist do your thinking for you. That means from either side. Look at the facts, and think for yourself. Assuming you still can.This is a joke, right? You have the balls to make an accusation of partisanship? You're just too much.
Here's pokin holes in ya. :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
You have a false economy.
Care to explain the difference oh wise one?
Who's gonna pay the defecit?
What, the one that is HALF AS BIG as the one we had at the end of WW2? That one sure wrecked the economy didn't it. :rolleyes:
Inflation is exceeding income in the lower sectors.
Inflation doesn't get much closer toi ZERO than a DROP of .1% 3.4% over the ENTIRE of 2005, including the spike in gasoline. Only 2.2% when you remove food & energy prices. The only income inflation is outrunning at that rate your unemployment check. Go get a job.
Real Estate is NOT at an all time high. Don't know where you found that?
The "housing bubble" the press fabricated has now evaporated like a spilled cola in the Mohave.
Sales of new one-family houses in March 2006 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,213,000, according
to estimates released jointly today by the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban
Development. This is 13.8 percent (±14.9%)* above the revised February rate of 1,066,000,
Wait, those are GOVT data, must be bad. darn. :rolleyes:
Car sales are dropping like a rock.
The overall sales of light vehicles for April weren't so bad, with the number of light trucks sold down 6.8% and passenger cars down 0.2% from April 2005, according to Motor Intelligence. Total light vehicle sales down ONLY 3.8% That's a pretty light rock, down 7%. I have chicken feathers here that fall faster.
Layoffs in American auto manufacturing are imminent and catostrauphic.
Ya don't want to see me show this one belongs 50% to unions demending 100% free health care for RETIREES and 50% to manufacturers doing 2 things wrong:
1, agreeing to the above mentioned union demands back in the 60's & 70's.
2, failing to stay inovative in auto design & maintain a large market share. Beaten by the competition.
Guess the UAW members have your Wal-mart job now eh?
Since Dubya took over bankruptsies are at an all time high.
No, since the new anti-deadbeat bankruptcy law was passed (2005), a ton of them were filed to beat the deadline. Then they came to a near stop. In the 3 months AFTER it went into effect, 2% of 2005's bankruptcys were filed, 98% of them BEFORE, durring 75% of the year.
Layoffs are at an all time high.
With the mass layoffs, why is the unemployment rate so low? Since 4.5% of this country will never be employed (used to be considered 5%), looks like the horrors of a layoff make people go get new jobs. Good for them.
Small business failure is at an all time high. Must have been the jump caused by my friend who closed his Vietnamese resteraunt because he was loosing money after a year.
It's GW's fault he opened it in a MEXICAN NEIGHBORHOOD.
You make this crap too easy to blast. You really ought to try moving away from the Al-Jazeera.net and DNC talking points. :rolleyes:
Oh, Chicken Little just came in screaming about the sky falling, so I'm gonna hide in the basement now. :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Steelcomp, I guess a "partisan economist" is one that spins the numbers to fit an agenda. Oh wait, I think I know a WANABE economist, one that is DEFINITELY partisan.
That's be poser there, in the sack. Not WITH a sack, just in a sack.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Steel, for heaven's sake don't tell him the economy showes the same growth figures it did in 1996, before Clinton f'd it with a tax-hike. Back in '96, the news couldn't say enough good about it. Today, they have to throw qualifiers in like "despite blah blah blah".

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Thought I'd add this, the taxes can't afford to be cut and all ........
In its monthly accounting of the government's books, the Treasury Department said Wednesday that revenue for the month totaled $315.1 billion as Americans filed their tax returns by the April deadline. The gusher of tax revenue pushed total receipts up by 13.4 percent from April 2005.
It marked the largest one-month receipt total since the government collected $332 billion in revenue in April 2001, reflecting a boom in capital gains from stock investors lucky enough to cash out their investments before the bursting of the stock market bubble in early 2000.
By the way poser, 322 billion is the reccord, only 2.2% more than the 315 billion (the #2 reccord). Why were the tax reciepts not this high back when Clinton was running the country "The Right Way"????????

steelcomp
05-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, Chicken Little just came in screaming about the sky falling, so I'm gonna hide in the basement now.
Hee hee...that was pretty funny. LOL :D
Run, poster child, run!!!

Poster X
05-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Twits :crossx:
The economy the cable news networks gush about is going gangbusters. We're hearing about 10 straight quarters of strong growth in gross domestic product, and jobs being created at a clip of over 2 million per year. Unemployment is down, and more Americans own their homes than ever before. And don't forget, Americans' net worth is at an all-time high! And all this prosperity, the corporate media will tell you, is thanks to five years of President George Bush.
But that's an economic picture you won't find hanging on the wall in any normal American house. Most of us know that we're not doing as well today as we were a few years ago. According to a recent Gallup Poll, almost two-thirds of those asked said the economy was "fair" or "poor," and almost six in 10 thought it was getting worse.
That disconnect has left many commentators -- especially on the right -- either scratching their heads with befuddlement or raging apoplectically at the bias of the "liberal media."
National Review author Victor Davis Hanson scolded those who read the New York Times for living "in an alternate universe where everything is supposedly going to hell." In "the real adult world," Hanson wrote, "the economy is red-hot, not mired in joblessness or relegating millions to poverty." But in fact, there are 5 million more Americans living in poverty today than there were four years ago.
Gerard Baker, the U.S. editor for Rupert Murdoch's Times of London wrote, "when it comes to economics, all but America's most fervent critics can still only marvel."
"Everything in the American garden is lovely," Baker continued, "So why the long face, buddy?"
I'll tell you why the long face: The economy most of us experience from day to day has been nothing short of painful over the past five years.
Consider these numbers from the Economic Policy Institute -- (this essay leans heavily on EPI's excellent research):
* Salaries are still below where they were at the start of the recovery in November 2001. That, while productivity -- the growth of the economic pie -- is up by almost 15 percent. Meaning we're working harder, producing more, for the same money as five years ago.
* Since the recession ended in 2001, 50 percent more of the growth in corporate income was sucked up as profits than after past recessions. That's left less for those of us who work for a living.
* As a result, median household income has now fallen for five years in a row. It was 4 percent, or $2,000, lower in 2004 than it was in 1999.
That last figure means that Joe and Jane Average American -- the household smack in the middle of the booming go-go American economy -- have gotten a pay cut for five years in a row. Small wonder they're sporting long faces.
And that hasn't occurred in a bubble; health care costs for that same family (with kids) rose over 40 percent -- yeah, 40 percent --between 2000 and 2003.
Here's a brief guide for sorting out the economy we live in versus the one we're supposed to feel fuzzy and warm about.
Go-go GDP
It's not just that the growth in GDP over the past four years has been skewed towards investors -- it has -- it's that much of it is a chimera. Defense spending, consumer spending -- financed largely by debt -- and rising home values have been the growth engines for the current recovery. Author James Howard Kunstler estimates that from "2001 through 2005, consumer spending and residential construction had together accounted for 90 percent of the total growth in GDP." [italics mine]
That growth hasn't been free and isn't sustainable. U.S. household debt, adjusted for inflation, rose by more than a third over the last four years. Mortgage and consumer debt equals 115 percent of after-tax income, and the amount American families spend paying off those debts is at an all-time high of almost 14 percent of their paychecks. In other words Americans are all paying a hefty monthly debt tax to banks and creditors on top of what we already pay the government.
Wealth, wealth everywhere
The National Review's Jerry Bowyer blames the "mainstream media" for "obsessing over the level of debt of the average American family, which they only look at in a vacuum, [and] completely ignoring the growth of family net worth." If they were honest, he argues, they'd have to acknowledge "the highest level of household wealth in our nation's history."
But much of that newfound wealth is in our homes, and all signs point to a bubble in the sky-high housing market (although it varies widely by region). According to the Center for Economic Policy Research [PDF] -- a progressive think tank -- the current market "has created more than $5 trillion in bubble wealth, the equivalent of $70,000 per average family of four." Housing prices are way above their historic pattern when you look at demand, population and earnings. What's more, the price for home sales has been way out of step with the rental market -- something one wouldn't expect to see if the high prices were based on economic fundamentals. The estate might be real, but its value isn't.
Unemployment
The headline is that the unemployment rate is low and holding steady at around 5 percent. But it's a tricky statistic: people who give up trying to find a job aren't counted, nor are people who are underemployed. Private sector jobs have increased by only about 1 percent since the start of the current economic recovery. Four years into previous recoveries, private sector job growth had averaged almost 9 percent and it's never been less than 6 percent. According to EPI, "The percent of the population that has a job has never recovered since the recession and is still 1.3 percent lower than in March 2001."
The data tell the tale. While one can spin all day long according to his or her worldview and offer up grand theories about Americans' pessimism, the truth is that for about eight out of 10 people on American payrolls, the economy sucks.
Add in high fuel costs and large, highly visible rounds of layoffs in some of America's leading firms, especially in the auto industry. Then consider the latest tactic sweeping across corporate America: using bankruptcy to "seek relief" from pension and health care obligations. As the Wall Street Journal reported:
Whether an assembly-line worker or middle manager, an employee can no longer assume that promises made earlier -- health benefits or fully funded pensions -- will be there when he or she retires. The loss of security arising from Chapter 11 reorganizations has introduced a new element of anxiety into the lives of baby boomers who are approaching 60, not to mention younger workers just starting out in their careers.
That's just part of a growing trend. Of course, last year's bankruptcy reform bill will prevent most working families from enjoying similar "relief."
None of these issues are of any concern to people earning a couple of hundred grand to discuss the economy on Fox or MSNBC. Contra the right's liberal media conspiracy theories, the major media from across the spectrum are reporting the good news about America's booming economy with zeal.
That endless drumbeat comes with social costs.
First, it fuels the bubble mentality. If the economy's going gangbusters but you're struggling, of course you want to get in on the latest billionaire-creating wealth machine. That mentality infected anyone who bought tech stocks in 1999 hoping to become a "dot-com millionaire," just as it has them running around today buying houses at any price with the expectation that they'll get a 10 percent annual return. Alan Greenspan characterized the mindset as being one of "irrational exuberance." But what could be more rational than piling onto the latest bandwagon after watching a half-hour of CNBC's economic triumphalism?
Less easy to quantify is the psychic cost this has on us. The message we get all the time is that our unrivalled, dynamic economy affords opportunities for us all. So, if you're one of the majority who is not doing so well, it must be your fault. It is you, and not any external economic factor, that is keeping you from profiting from the Ownership Society. You are a loser.
A while back, I wrote an article about how the job outsourcing trend has happened at the same time, as deep cuts in transitional training and assistance came down from Washington. A reader sent me an email about how her middle-aged brother had been laid off by the aircraft parts manufacturer where he had worked for 20 years. "You know the hardest part," she wrote, "has been how he's internalized everything. He has such a low sense of self-worth."
Despite our great wealth, we're an unhappy people; we lead the world in mental health problems year in and year out. It's impossible to know to what degree that results from failing to live up to the economic expectations drummed into our heads every time we hear about the wonders of the American economy. But the message to all those families struggling to get by should be: You're not alone, it's all of us.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2006, 07:35 PM
The economy the cable news networks gush about is going gangbusters. We're hearing about 10 straight quarters of strong growth in gross domestic product, and jobs being created at a clip of over 2 million per year. Unemployment is down, and more Americans own their homes than ever before. And don't forget, Americans' net worth is at an all-time high! And all this prosperity, the corporate media will tell you, is thanks to five years of President George Bush..
That's the version hanging on 95.2% of walls poser. That must mean it's a lie. :rolleyes:
But that's an economic picture you won't find hanging on the wall in any normal American house. ..
So, 4.8% is normal now. I finally understand. :rolleyes:
Most of us know that we're not doing as well today as we were a few years ago. According to a recent Gallup Poll, almost two-thirds of those asked said the economy was "fair" or "poor," and almost six in 10 thought it was getting worse
That's from the press consistently denying in every report that the economy is positive. A check was recently run (not by fox either). Of the "big 3 TV media, from 17 April to 3 may, this year, the 3 networks, between morning and nightly news, ran 128 stories on the high gas prices. They ran precisely 4, FOUR stories mentioning the sub-5% unemployment rate. Since 5% are considered (for the last 30 years) to be "unemployable", the whole damn nation has a job, but that isn't newsworthy. The stories on gas prices included such terms as "skyrocketing", reccord-setting", reccord high", and others. Find a positive story (like unemployment, a housing report, low inflation, positive stock market activity, etc, and it inevitably has DISCLAIMERS in it such as "despite x", "In spite of y", as if the economy is doing things that it should not.
So far, THERE is the only "lie" I've seen on here, and it wasn't posted by YOU. Tell the same lie long enough, and it'll be believed by the maasses. Hell, 98% of N koreans believe WE invaded THEM back in 1950. Why? Because the N Korean govt has spent 56 years telling it that way to a captive audience.
National Review author Victor Davis Hanson scolded those who read the New York Times for living "in an alternate universe where everything is supposedly going to hell." In "the real adult world," Hanson wrote, "the economy is red-hot, not mired in joblessness or relegating millions to poverty." But in fact, there are 5 million more Americans living in poverty today than there were four years ago.
Do you even know what poverty is defined as poser? Poverty for a single person, or a family of 2, 3, 4, 15??? The dollar figure is different. Poverty in the US is no detriment to eating. It's whether you have a reg TV or a flat-screen anymore. Christ.
But much of that newfound wealth is in our homes, and all signs point to a bubble in the sky-high housing market (although it varies widely by region).
This one fell apart over the winter poser.
I tired of trashing the diatribe.
just in case you thought he actually wrote a word of that himself:
http://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/blogs/2006_01_06_archive.html
http://www.trueblueliberal.com/?p=2538
http://www.alternet.org/story/30447/
http://agonist.org/man_in_the_middle/20060303/prosperity_in_george_bushs_economy
http://www.neilrogers.com/news/articles/2006010705.html
http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2006/01/251003.shtml
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x183600
http://billionairesforbush.com/pipermail/philly-discuss_billionairesforbush.com/2006-January/000440.html
And a hundred others, all identical. :yuk:

steelcomp
05-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Happy is a state of mind, reflective of the choices we make, and the goals we set. I couldn't give a rats ass about a poll that targets "happy".
You can spin anything you want in a negative way, again, to promote your own personal misery, or political agenda. Create a "poor me" or entitlement mentality like the dem's have for the last 40 yrs, and people aren't going to be "happy", no matter how good things are, unless someone's handing it to them on a silver platter, with no accountability or responsibility. (This is why socialism fails) Yet, statistically, every working American has a job, and is making an income. We have created those 2 million+ new jobs, and small buisnesses are booming. Regardless of how you want to spin it, that's a good thing, and these are going to be looked back to as some of the best of times. The opportunity is there for every American that wants it. Opportunity has never been better and anyone that can't see that, just dosen't want to.
Poster X, if everyone in this country had your attitude, we'd all be speaking German. You're a pussy. You're a whining, crybaby looser liberal. You live in the greatest country in the world. You live in the most freedom, with the most opportunity, the greatest knowledge, the highest technology, and on and on, and all you can do is complain, whine, and lie. You must be one unhappy, miserable soul, and I truly feel sorry for you. If you put near the effort towards seeing the positive in this world as you do looking for the negative, I dare say, you just might see the light. Unfortunately, there are those of you who are so full of hatred and so bitter, it'll never happen.
BTW...nice cut and paste. Its amazing that with all the good that's going on, there are still people out there who are bound and determined to undermine it, or even destroy it. One thing's for sure...what's good for America, is definately bad for liberals.
Interestingly enough, I have yet to hear you say ONE positive thing.
Not one.
I've had enough of this. Like beating your head against the wall.
Try to enjoy your life, looser. Being you, it must be hard.

Boy Named Sue
05-14-2006, 07:57 PM
What up EHSGS?
Never trust a Kennedy in your tree with a golf club in one hand and his ? in the other!

steelcomp
05-14-2006, 08:01 PM
What up EHSGS?
Never trust a Kennedy in your tree with a golf club in one hand and his ? in the other!
Suey!! Wassssuuuppp!
My head hurts...this guy's a freekin idiot.
Back to bein happy. :D
Thanks for makin me laugh. :p

Boy Named Sue
05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Glad I could help! :p

Poster X
05-15-2006, 06:34 AM
The mere fact you call anyone a liberal who dares speak out against your President tells us you are the poster child for FOX news and do not think for yourself. We that are opposed to Bush are NOT all liberal. Some of us even voted Republican several times.
Secondly, speaking out against your government is about the most American thing one can do. I refer you to Mr Thomas Jefferson for further research on this nazi pussy activity.
And thirdly, as I have said on several occasions, nothing is going to change your mind about the Three Amigos. Nor mine. No fact on Earth will sway you. No debt attained will garner your attention. No percentage of American deaths will penetrate the unibrow on your forehead and find a spark of synapses that doesn't believe you are right. Until Rush himself tells you it's ok to think differently... you are merely a pawn of the party. Before Hitler obtained total power the people thought they were supporting an economic saviour and patriot. They didn't know how much bullshit they had bought into until there were 20 million dead and economic devastation. Were they just that stupid? Or, did they just want to believe they were right about him until the final moment of loss?

Old Texan
05-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Bush, Hitler. Hitler, Bush. Three amigos. Liberals vs. Conservatives. Debt vs. Tax cuts. Debate is a wonderful thing but comes a time to apply the lessons learned in real life and go about the business of securing your own personal business and then working up the ladder to secure business of the country you live in.
Paranoia and fear of the system in which you live is positive to a point and then it becomes counterproductive. Each individual needs to assume responsibility in their roles as citizens to make sure the stability of the homeland is intact.
PX, your ridicule of every point brought against YOUR views fits where in the equation?

steelcomp
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Secondly, speaking out against your government is about the most American thing one can do. I refer you to Mr Thomas Jefferson for further research on this nazi pussy activity.
Now you're comparing yourself to Thomas Freekin Jefferson. :notam:
You're just as arrogant as you are ignorant.

steelcomp
05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Bush, Hitler. Hitler, Bush. Three amigos. Liberals vs. Conservatives. Debt vs. Tax cuts. Debate is a wonderful thing but comes a time to apply the lessons learned in real life and go about the business of securing your own personal business and then working up the ladder to secure business of the country you live in.
Paranoia and fear of the system in which you live is positive to a point and then it becomes counterproductive. Each individual needs to assume responsibility in their roles as citizens to make sure the stability of the homeland is intact.
PX, your ridicule of every point brought against YOUR views fits where in the equation?
Old T...some don't learn the lessons.
If I may disagree...I don't believe paranoia is ever positive or constructive, but I do believe a healthy fear is, as long as it's based on fact, and not paranoia.
Assuming responsibility has all but been done away with now days. It's why there's as much instability in this country as there is. We are living in a society of non-accountability and self interest where "civil rights" activists, along with greedy trial lawyers seem to have the last laugh, and the socialistic liberalization of our school systems teaches our children the content of the Coran and hands out condoms, yet discriminates against anything Christian, which is what principals this country was founded on.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
The mere fact you call anyone a liberal who dares speak out against your President tells us you are the poster child for FOX news and do not think for yourself. We that are opposed to Bush are NOT all liberal. Some of us even voted Republican several times. ?
The usual blah, blah, blah
The usual current liberal "We don't need solutions, we just need to oppose (Dean, Pelosi, and soooooo many others). blah, blah,
And thirdly, as I have said on several occasions, nothing is going to change your mind about the Three Amigos. Nor mine. No fact on Earth will sway you.
You have yet to post an accurate fact. try it sometime, it's refreshing.
No debt attained will garner your attention.
You, of course are, as always, right, er left, er, something. :rolleyes:
No percentage of American deaths will penetrate the unibrow on your forehead and find a spark of synapses that doesn't believe you are right.
Last time I checked, there STILL aren't as many dead soldiers as civilians from an hour in the morning of 11 Sep 2001. And Bush has been slaughtering THEM for 5 years now. blah, blah.........
Until Rush himself tells you it's ok to think differently... you are merely a pawn of the party.
You still keep getting checkmated, by PAWNS. BWAHAHAHAHAhhahahahahaha.
Before Hitler obtained total power the people thought they were supporting an economic saviour and patriot. They didn't know how much bullshit they had bought into until there were 20 million dead and economic devastation. Were they just that stupid? Or, did they just want to believe they were right about him until the final moment of loss?
Once again, the move-on.org comparison of Bush to hitler. ho hum. Been done since '03, and was unimpressive then. Even more so now.

steelcomp
05-15-2006, 05:52 PM
It's funny how he keeps throwing out these lib talking points like a parrot, gets creamed on them, then comes out with more parroting, but never re-addresses the previous points.
At least it shows he's got a bit of common sense. :)

Poster X
05-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Lib again? Worked yourself up from the bottom rung of the ladder again? Not taking responsibility and wanting to liberalize America into blanket weaving pussies..again?
You guys are so caught up in your own machismo, you're hardly prepared to deal with reality or common sense.
You think you're the only ones with jobs or companies? You think you're the only ones that have served in the military? You think you are the only ones good enough to be Americans because you are somehow entitled? The separation in the parties, this irreparable distance between us, is not just politics. It is what will be the downfall of this nation. No concessions, no middle ground. My way or the highway. Welcome to Rome. Arrogance will destroy America. Not terrorists.

steelcomp
05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Lib again? Worked yourself up from the bottom rung of the ladder again? Not taking responsibility and wanting to liberalize America into blanket weaving pussies..again?
You guys are so caught up in your own machismo, you're hardly prepared to deal with reality or common sense.
You think you're the only ones with jobs or companies? You think you're the only ones that have served in the military? You think you are the only ones good enough to be Americans because you are somehow entitled? The separation in the parties, this irreparable distance between us, is not just politics. It is what will be the downfall of this nation. No concessions, no middle ground. My way or the highway. Welcome to Rome. Arrogance will destroy America. Not terrorists.
Arrogance??? You're the one comparing yourself with Jefferson, and I haven't heard a word about any "middle ground" from you, either. Entitlement is the trademark mentality of the libs, so you can shove that one. This irrerparable distance is, and if this nation falls, will be your own doing...you're the one with all the criticizm, the anger, and the hate. It's blatant. You've been given example after example, and yet you just keep on. You've been proven wrong time and again, and made a fool out of here, but you insist that you're right, and we're wrong. We're not the ones criticizing the administration, blaming it for every single little stinkin' thing that's wrong, or whining and crying about how terrible everything is. Now you're crying 'cause we're playing too rough. :cry: :cry:

Poster X
05-16-2006, 06:17 AM
I do not see where I've been proven wrong? I see people making a choice at what they want to believe. I can disprove anything you say but you will deny the source or miss the gist. I will do the same. I did not compare myself to Thomas Jefferson. I'm much shorter. He did however, speak often on the populace always keeping the government in check and questioning the status quo at every turn. Perhaps you never studied Jefferson, so were unfamiliar with his tenents? I assumed you would get that? I suppose I gave you too much credit, and assumed you'd understand the historical significance?
I am not the one who speaks with hate and contempt. Almost every post toward me is filled with hate and contempt. Do you not see that? This is why I compare this administration and it's constituents with Nazi Germany. You are in a defensive fervor that generates hate and despises all who do not believe what you believe. In Nazi Germany, Hitlers supporters did the same thing. Those who publicly opposed Hitler, and saw him for what he was, were beaten, murdered and lived under constant threat for voicing their opinions. What survivors there were among them, became dissidents.
There is a division in this country between the parties like never before in History. On the right, you believe everyone that doesn't support you choices is a traitor and a liberal. On the left, we see no future for compromise and hear only allegory where you hear truisms. We cannot (and will not) submit to a government based on expansionism, personal wealth and power. To us, this is why our forefathers left Europe and founded this nation in the first place. The only answer is inevitably... civil war. Which, we will lose. I see only hate and war for the future. Have you noticed that this entire forum is made up of only 6 or 7 very loud Righties although there are thousands of members? Intermittently your bretheren will jump in with a "hell yeah", or "go get 'em" but essentially, they allow you to speak for them. On the left..there is no one. Not because they don't exist, but because they don't want to be ridiculed and bashed for saying what they believe.
Naw, I'm not the one filled with hate. I'm the one willing to waste my time on ignorance. For whatever reason... it amuses me.

Old Texan
05-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Talk about going through life wearing blinders.
I only wish that I could be so sure of my assumptions, but alas the old saying ASS U ME always holds true.
PX you talk as if you can see deeply into the souls of individuals based on their opinions expressed on an internet forum. You assume people to be shallow and incompetent. You describe yourself as being willing to take on the inevitable abuse yet find such trifling a waste of your precious time. You banter and condemn and come back with others being the ones raining down hatred on you.
There's a pattern here, it's really all about YOU.
My friend when the time comes for the nut cutting, those few rightie oppnents you so dearly love to debate, may just represent the backbone of the country on which the country's survival depends.
I could give a rat's rear end whether a person is liberal or conservative, dem or rep, black, brown, yellow, green, or white. It's his core values that are important and whether you agree or disagree a lot of our leaders have the right stuff in the form of core values. And a hell of a lot of our governmental members and their followers have not a clue.
The debate shall continue...................

Poster X
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Talk about going through life wearing blinders.
I only wish that I could be so sure of my assumptions, but alas the old saying ASS U ME always holds true.
PX you talk as if you can see deeply into the souls of individuals based on their opinions expressed on an internet forum. You assume people to be shallow and incompetent. You describe yourself as being willing to take on the inevitable abuse yet find such trifling a waste of your precious time. You banter and condemn and come back with others being the ones raining down hatred on you.
There's a pattern here, it's really all about YOU.
My friend when the time comes for the nut cutting, those few rightie oppnents you so dearly love to debate, may just represent the backbone of the country on which the country's survival depends.
I could give a rat's rear end whether a person is liberal or conservative, dem or rep, black, brown, yellow, green, or white. It's his core values that are important and whether you agree or disagree a lot of our leaders have the right stuff in the form of core values. And a hell of a lot of our governmental members and their followers have not a clue.
The debate shall continue...................
I cannot look into the souls of men. I can only look to the past. There were clues along the way before the fall of all great empires in time. The general rhetoric of the times are similar and becoming moreso each day. I think I'll compare myself to Nostrodamus today. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
05-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I do not see where I've been proven wrong?
No, of course you do not. Must be rough going thru every day with a blindfold on. I'd never manage such an impressive feat. :rolleyes:
I see people making a choice at what they want to believe..
So do I, in all defiance of logic, reason, fact, and comon sense.
I can disprove anything you say but you will deny the source or miss the gist.
Because you try to support accusatory OPINION with UNSUPPORTED OPINION as opposed to fact.
I did not compare myself to Thomas Jefferson. I'm much shorter...
And much less interested in the survival of this nation.
questioning the status quo at every turn.
At this you excell, to a rediculous, nonsensical degree.
I am not the one who speaks with hate and contempt.
No, of course you don't. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You also never support the hateful accusations you make when someone calls you on them either.
Almost every post toward me is filled with hate and contempt.
Because we are tired of your stupid talking point parroting accusations.
There is a division in this country between the parties like never before in History. On the right, you believe everyone that doesn't support you choices is a traitor and a liberal.
The ACLU, who want captured terrorists, extended geneva convention rights that they are not entitled to BY THE GENEVA CONVERNTION, are traitors. Their supporters are traitors. Those who GIVE AID AND COMFORT TO THE ENEMY (Islamo-fascist terrorists) ARE LEGALLY TRAITORS. Aid and comfort in this day and age includes those acts which, broadcast worldwide, make the terrorists think that we are going to back down, that they have hope of winning.
On the left, we see no future for compromise and hear only allegory where you hear truisms.
From the left I hear "I don't know. There are many theories about it. The most interesting theory that I've heard so far, which is nothing more than a theory, I can't—think it can't be proved, is that he was warned ahead of time by the Saudis. Now, who knows what the real situation is, but the trouble is that by suppressing that kind of information, you lead to those kinds of theories, whether they have any truth to them or not, and then eventually they get repeated as fact."
"I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for."
"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."
Dean charged that some in the Republican Party did not understand the lives of hard-working Americans because they "never made an honest living in their lives."
Need I did deeper in the closet?????
We cannot (and will not) submit to a government based on expansionism, personal wealth and power.
But you WOULD like to submit the country to the govt controlling a 1/6th of the economy (the health care industry). I guess that isn't "expansionism" or "power".
To us, this is why our forefathers left Europe and founded this nation in the first place. The only answer is inevitably... civil war. Which, we will lose. I see only hate and war for the future. Have you noticed that this entire forum is made up of only 6 or 7 very loud Righties although there are thousands of members? Intermittently your bretheren will jump in with a "hell yeah", or "go get 'em" but essentially, they allow you to speak for them. On the left..there is no one. Not because they don't exist, but because they don't want to be ridiculed and bashed for saying what they believe.
You can believe what you want, problem is you cannot back up what you say.

Poster X
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
You sure worked hard on that post. I can back up anything I say. The problem is, the only source you would believe is a source that supports your views, which would not happen in a million years. It's best we take the altruistic course and state our views. Any source you can come up with I can find a source to disclaim it, and vice-versa. There's no point. I think Dubya's an idiot. Nothing will ever change that. I have 14 years experience thinking he's an idiot. No article you can paste will change my mind. However, I do like the fact he has brought the immigration problem into the limelight and made it popular debate. Something will assuredly happen now. I don't know who loaded his lips but, they have my thanks. :wink:

steelcomp
05-16-2006, 07:37 PM
POster X, in a nutshell, you on the left are directly linked to socializm, and communism. The principles you base your opinions and agendas on are just so. I've dug deep into this, and it's a simple fact. The money dosen't lie.
Have you ever read the Communist Manifesto?? The parallel that the left has is uncanny.
Wonder why that is?
You call yourself American, yet you, IMO, are anything but. You are met with contempt because you and those you align yourself with represent a real and present threat to what I, and many others, believe this country stands for, and what it was founded on. You are as much the enemy as those who perpetuated your beliefs in the past. You were defeated then, and you will be defeated here. LIke Old Texan said, this isn't about politics, it's about values. Core values. I don't care that you're a Democrat, but I do care that you're a left wing liberal. Republicans and Democrats used to share at least similar beliefs and worked toward a common goal, and believed that the foundations on which this country was built were worth preserving. Not any more. Christianity wasn't a bad thing, then. God was a good thing, and respectfully recognised as the giver of the greatness that we all inherited by being Americans. "In God We Trust" wasn't just a popular slogan. It was what this country was built on. It is why and how we rose to the greatness in the short period that we did. People flocked to this great nation to embrace and respect our culture, and participate in our freedom. Now we have civil rights activists that support anything but freedom. We have envitonmental activist extremists who have managed to Lobby enough authority to take a mans personal private property away from him. We have anti-religious fanatics that have all but eliminated God from being legally spoken, yet, as I spoke of earlier (and coincidentally you never responded to) teach our children in our PUBLIC schools to memorize the Coran. We have liberal policies in place that encourage and enable people to sit on theier asses, and play the victim while getting a free handout from all of us that work. It's called welfare, and it's the biggest single most destructive policy that was ever enacted in this country, and the beginning of this seperation, as you so call it. There's a reason that Americans won't do the jobs illegals will...we pay them not to. We have created an entitlement state where people think that they deserve the gifts in life that those before them died for, in order that these spoiled brats could freely spit on this country. This is what the 40+ years of liberal control over this country has led to. We are divided, yes, but it's far deeper than political. You would be so superficial and shallow to think that. You, on the left, are a socialistic, self serving, unGodly congregation that have no interest in preserving anything about what this country was founded on, or what it stands for. You have twisted the meaning, and the words, untill there is nothing left. You have no structure to your party any longer because your party only serves the powerful few, who are focused on themselves. The reason Christianity is so haneously discriminated against today, in this country, is that it represents the one most significant threat to what it is that you and those like you, stand for. Without God, you have a free ride. No accountability, no conscience, no consequences. Those of us who recognise what it is ytou're trying to accomplish are reacting to you and those that you align yourself with as the very threat that you are intending to represent, so you can stop with the dramatics. You know why you are hated among Conservatives. It's not political, it's definately personal. Remember..."Don't Tread on Me"! You better hope we don't have a civil war...we all have the guns. :crossx: You sure worked hard on that post. I can back up anything I say. The problem is, the only source you would believe is a source that supports your views, which would not happen in a million years. It's best we take the altruistic course and state our views. Any source you can come up with I can find a source to disclaim it, and vice-versa. There's no point. I think Dubya's an idiot. Nothing will ever change that. I have 14 years experience thinking he's an idiot. No article you can paste will change my mind. However, I do like the fact he has brought the immigration problem into the limelight and made it popular debate. Something will assuredly happen now. I don't know who loaded his lips but, they have my thanks. :wink:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Well said steel. :)

Seadog
05-17-2006, 05:19 AM
We cannot (and will not) submit to a government based on expansionism, personal wealth and power.
That is about the biggest bullmalarky I have ever heard. We have a country based on those aspects. That is why we are 50 states, not 13 and the most powerful nation in the world.
What keeps our country great is that we base our policies on compromise. The left and right extremists have found that compromise does not appease those who contribute money to their cause. So the more that is done to appease them, the more radical they get. If they compromise, they lose their financial base. And this attitude is permeating our society. The 'We will not compromise our integrity' idiots are what will destroy our nation. There is a difference between idealism and stupidity. Environmental issues are always big headlines. The left was always attacking the dirty oil industry and energy industry. Laws were passed to limit drilling, development and production. Now we are paying triple the price for fuel and are facing problems with elctrical shortfalls. Education has always been about teacher salaries and being PC. Now we have students failing to achieve basic knowledge skills because only selected history is taught, programs that should be priority are superceded by activities that are not a pertinent, and teachers are forced to deal with students that do not belong.
Right now, the left is firmly embedded in the Democratic party. And they refuse to compromise. Instead they attack any plan presented by the Republicans on its weak points, making them up if they cannot find any. It makes for good press, but lousy government.

Poster X
05-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Gee, you guys really fired up the synapses for those replies. Hope you didn't get a headache?
First off, I'm not a liberal. I'm diverse enough to accept some liberal ideals but I covet such institutions as the right to bear arms, the death penalty, the stock market and many other conservative standards. However, I do not believe I need the government in my bedroom, cell phone and car (and yes, even my boat.) I do not believe the government should be used to gain personal wealth and I also understand there has to be balance in a society and liberal and extreme tightie righties..umm..I mean conservatives, both have a place in that balance.
The current trend by the GOP wreaks of fascism. I am no more a communist than Ella Fitzgerald. But your writings tell me you know nothing of Socialism. In intellectual circles socialism is referred to as euphoric socialism. Why? Because true socialism (by definition) has never been practiced on this planet. EVER. Because a government decided to call itself socialist, does not mean it WAS socialist. It just means you were dumb enough to believe it. Kind of like believing this administration has American principles. This administration is about as American as Franco or Mussolini. IMHO.

Old Texan
05-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Gee, you guys really fired up the synapses for those replies. Hope you didn't get a headache?
First off, I'm not a liberal. I'm diverse enough to accept some liberal ideals but I covet such institutions as the right to bear arms, the death penalty, the stock market and many other conservative standards. However, I do not believe I need the government in my bedroom, cell phone and car (and yes, even my boat.) I do not believe the government should be used to gain personal wealth and I also understand there has to be balance in a society and liberal and extreme tightie righties..umm..I mean conservatives, both have a place in that balance.
The current trend by the GOP wreaks of fascism. I am no more a communist than Ella Fitzgerald. But your writings tell me you know nothing of Socialism. In intellectual circles socialism is referred to as euphoric socialism. Why? Because true socialism (by definition) has never been practiced on this planet. EVER. Because a government decided to call itself socialist, does not mean it WAS socialist. It just means you were dumb enough to believe it. Kind of like believing this administration has American principles. This administration is about as American as Franco or Mussolini. IMHO.
"Intellectual Circles". Why do I have pictures of "Animal House" and "Back to School" suddenly appearing in my thoughts. :rolleyes:
Both extremes of Liberal and Conservative are bad. Like the Seadog said, it's about compromise, and that means the best way is in the middle. From what I read here, that's the desire of most of us.

Poster X
05-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Referring to "Intellectual circles" wasn't meant as a MENSA aside nor an "I'm smarter than you are" jab. It's just that true socialism under the auspices of it's intended definition are rarely discussed or even understood by people who have not taken the educational leap to truly dissect the social sciences at their highest level. Therefore, those discussions are normally limited to "scholarly types."

Seadog
05-17-2006, 01:57 PM
The reason 'pure' socialism does not exist and cannot exist is that like any narrow focus idealistic society, it cannot survive the human elements. In stead, society has to define a balancing act between capitalistic society and socialistic society with a bit of everything else thrown in. As for knocking this President because of what has prevailed since he took office, let's look at the facts. The last President that was in office when an attack of the magnitude of 9/11 happened, was FDR. The population had a totally different perspective on life and the opponent was tangible target of great power. And look at the number of dead from that. We have a deadly enemy that hides under religion and in caves. It is a lot harder to defeat such an enemy, but at least we are keeping him at bay.
We have suffered a natural catastrophy greater than any in the past few decades. You can look at the numbers. The failure to evacuate was not a federal failure, but a local failure. While things went wrong, that is why they are disasters. They overwhelm the normal ability of any government to maintain a natural form of living in the affected zone.
We are suffering from the highest increase in fuel prices in history. We have not run out of fuel, but it is affecting our daily lives.
All these events have happened on President Bush's watch. Overall, he has done a decent job of handling the situation. Not one of the above events can be laid at his door. 9/11 can be blame on Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton more than anyone else. Katrina was a force of nature, and the fuel prices are a global event compunded by decades of head in butt Congressional action.
You can nit pick all you want about how secretive Bush and his people are, but our government is under more scrutiny than ever before. Look at the events of history and then talk about secrecy.

Poster X
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I pretty much agree except the war in Iraq is not (nor ever has been) a part of the war on terror.
Did I mention I hate Bush?

Seadog
05-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Terrorism has many forms and allies. I may dissagree with some of the logistics of the war, but it will be decades before the poper analysis can be made of the decision. And the worse part about it is it will not be viewed from today's mentality.
I hate Clinton, but the difference is that I hate him as a sexual predator and deviant, and as a master manipulator of public opinion with no regard to truth and public responsibility.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Doesn't help matters much that Billy-boy spent the Vietnam war protesting it (which is acceptable) FROM GREAT BRITTAIN (which is a sure sign of cowardice).
I was just remiscing the thread. First off topic post was #23. Didn't even make a full page before someone tried to divert the attention from a young Rep Kennedy likely DUI cover-up to the current presiding administration for a blame-fest.
100+ posts later, still following poser's bs lead :cry: .

SmokinLowriderSS
05-17-2006, 06:01 PM
By the way, on the orriginal topic.............
May 5, 2006 — Capitol Police have taken disciplinary action against a watch commander for the handling of Rep. Patrick Kennedy's car accident, acting Capitol Police Chief Christopher McGaffin said.
McGaffin said the incident was improperly delayed due to "poor judgment" on the part of police managers and that a field sobriety test should have been administered to Kennedy after his car hit a barrier near the Capitol at 2:45 a.m. on Thursday.
The police report said Kennedy was speeding and his eyes were "red and watery." It also stated that his speech was slightly slurred and that upon exiting his vehicle his balance was "unsure."
So far I have been unable to find out just what the DA was (maybe a week off unpaid fishing from the Kennedy Yacht).
McGaffin would not elaborate on the disciplinary actions, but he did say "significant administrative and personnel corrective action has been taken." Other officers may be disciplined. No one has been fired at this point.
It's pretty much been "rug-swept" now. :mad:

Forkin' Crazy
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Surveys say 1 in 36 people are behind bars… and 1 of 3 Kennedys are at a bar.
:rollside: LMAO!!!