PDA

View Full Version : John Wayne to Vegas

cc322
08-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Leaving thurs to Vegas from OC anybody flown that route? It will be my first trip to Vegas, wife is allready there on business and stayin at Paris, Any tips places to go or things to do??????? Not real hip on flying but her car is allready there so we will drive that home. :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2005, 04:16 PM
I've flow that route many times. Try the Bacardi Cokes on the plane...they are excellent this time of year.
:D

Nord
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
HOOKERS AND BLOW MAN!!!! HOOKERS AND BLOW!!!!
J/K
Paris is really nice there but pricey. The flight takes all of about 40 minutes gate to gate!!!

ahhell
08-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Hell, getting thru security and bording and taking off, and, and ....it would be faster to drive...stop by for a beer

JB in so cal
08-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Leaving thurs to Vegas from OC anybody flown that route? It will be my first trip to Vegas, wife is allready there on business and stayin at Paris, Any tips places to go or things to do??????? Not real hip on flying but her car is allready there so we will drive that home. :D
You'll be at the airports longer than in the air. Turbulence is a given; later in the day, the more severe (You're not scared, are you). If you do it enough, you can spot the whor, er,...... dancers going over to make bank for the weekend.
Have fun!

cc322
08-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I've flow that route many times. Try the Bacardi Cokes on the plane...they are excellent this time of year.
:D
Thats the drink I was thinking of :D Do I get a choice like Capt Morgans??

cc322
08-03-2005, 04:42 PM
(You're not scared, are you).
Hell no....... :mad: ..OK maybe a little :D Yeah I hear its a real quick flight.Should be fun the room is free ;)

Punchy
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
flew once and have never driven since. Driving for 4 hours across the desert is boring and sucks unless you're renting a drunk bus or limo. Get to the airport, go to the bar, get on the plane, drink some more, good times are had by all. Even in extreme instances where flying (with the airports and everything) takes as long as the drive (I've never had this problem) you get
to Vegas relaxed, stress free, drunk, and ready to get down to business.
As far as where to go, where do I start. I enjoy the Hard Rock for gambling as well as the Rio. I almost always stay at the Rio. You have to go to the Voodoo Lounge at the top of the Rio and order a "What The Witch Doctor Ordered". Comes in a fish bowl of a brandy glass, has every liquor you can imagine, smokes and bubbles like witches brew, and tastes like high class jungle juice. It will knock you on your ass :messedup: . Plus the view up there is cool. Outside of that, ask a cabbie. They'll always be glad to take you to the hottest spots.

cc322
08-03-2005, 05:46 PM
flew once and have never driven since. Driving for 4 hours across the desert is boring and sucks unless you're renting a drunk bus or limo. Get to the airport, go to the bar, get on the plane, drink some more, good times are had by all. Even in extreme instances where flying (with the airports and everything) takes as long as the drive (I've never had this problem) you get
to Vegas relaxed, stress free, drunk, and ready to get down to business.
As far as where to go, where do I start. I enjoy the Hard Rock for gambling as well as the Rio. I almost always stay at the Rio. You have to go to the Voodoo Lounge at the top of the Rio and order a "What The Witch Doctor Ordered". Comes in a fish bowl of a brandy glass, has every liquor you can imagine, smokes and bubbles like witches brew, and tastes like high class jungle juice. It will knock you on your ass :messedup: . Plus the view up there is cool. Outside of that, ask a cabbie. They'll always be glad to take you to the hottest spots.
Great tip thanks

Man-de-lone
08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Craig are your PM's working?

Caribbean Jet
08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
By the time your altitude your alredy coming down, you bareky have a chance to finish two drinks.

cc322
08-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Craig are your PM's working?
Nope havent been working for a longtime :mad: try this cc322@cox.net

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Thats the drink I was thinking of :D Do I get a choice like Capt Morgans??
Not sure...better bring a flask and just order Cokes...
;)

GOTLDH
08-03-2005, 10:19 PM
It's a cool flight, gets a little bumpy from time to time. If you can swing it, just take a carry on that will cut you time in the airport in half. Sit back relax and you should be in vegas in about 50 mins.

bunny 166
08-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Have you flown out of John Wayne before? A really steep incline so as not to bother the Newport Beach folk, then let off the throttle and fall back a bit.... :squiggle: :squiggle:
Have a couple of drinks, and bet $20 on red for me.... :rollside: :rollside:

bunny 166
08-03-2005, 11:01 PM
I just saw you wanted to know things to do....
If you can, try to eat at La Taqueria Canonita in The Venetian...it's on the canals, and you can hear and see the gondoliers singing....great mexican food... :cool: :cool:

cc322
08-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Have you flown out of John Wayne before? A really steep incline so as not to bother the Newport Beach folk, then let off the throttle and fall back a bit.... :squiggle: :squiggle:
Have a couple of drinks, and bet $20 on red for me.... :rollside: :rollside:
Yes I have flown out of JW its like a slingshot, rev it and go :supp: Great tips thanks peeps :)

Big Warlock
08-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Make sure it's not Air France!!! :eek:

Windy
08-04-2005, 08:07 AM
I just flew from John Wayne to Vegas 2 weeks ago....good times.
Have fun in Vegas.

prozach
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
My advice is...don't gamble. Vegas wasn't built on winners. You will have a much better time just going to the shows and checking out the hotels.