PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Needles

4day!!
05-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Needles. (if there is such a thing). Boat security is not a huge factor as i can drop my boat at storage each night if need be. Just looking for something clean and without a meth lab next door. Also thinking of maybe launching from Havasu landing, would that be a pain in the ass? I would like to enter the water more central to the lake, instead of moabi or needles park marina.
Come to think of it, does anyone have a place at the Landing for rent on Mothers Day weekend?
Also any hotels to definately avoid?

prop check
05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Have you checked the fire flyer I think I saw some havasu landing stuff in there. I have stayed at fenders river road resort it was ok if your only standard is an air conditioner and a shower. other than that you will be better off going into havasu or up to the AVI. Good luck...

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I have stayed at the Best Western right off the Broadway exit and never had a problem, the rooms were clean too.

4day!!
05-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I have stayed at the Best Western right off the Broadway exit and never had a problem, the rooms were clean too.
Did you leave your boat in the parking lot? Is that the one next to the Carl's Jr. at the first Broadway coming east on the 40? If so my boat storage is just on the other side of the frwy. Is there plenty of room for boat/trailer parking?

hotsand65
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
We have stayed at Days Inn several times, pretty clean, boat right outside our window and they allow pets.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Did you leave your boat in the parking lot? Is that the one next to the Carl's Jr. at the first Broadway coming east on the 40? If so my boat storage is just on the other side of the frwy. Is there plenty of room for boat/trailer parking?
Yes, and yes, but my boat at the time was an 18' Crownline. My friends left there skis there too, no problems. There is room, but I would not say plenty of it, but I always got parking in front of my room

Charley
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
There are actually two of them, call and ask them if they are the "newer of the two"

4day!!
05-05-2006, 06:54 AM
There are actually two of them, call and ask them if they are the "newer of the two"
Thanks for the info. Is the one on Broadway the newer one?

PACKERFAN
05-05-2006, 07:06 AM
We recently stayed at the Best Western "Colorado River Inn" which is the second Best Western off the 40 at Broadway. There is a closed down restaurant next door that I parked my boat at. If you make a reservation there just ask for a room looking out towards the restaurant. The rooms are simple but clean.

Charley
05-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the info. Is the one on Broadway the newer one?
Ironically I think they are both on Broadway.... I would try the AVI too, only a little bit outta the way but nice to have beach access. There is also a riverfront mobile across the river just below the needles bridge that a guy rents out..... All I remember is he is a construction guy... maybe someone here has his info>?

4day!!
05-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Ironically I think they are both on Broadway.... I would try the AVI too, only a little bit outta the way but nice to have beach access. There is also a riverfront mobile across the river just below the needles bridge that a guy rents out..... All I remember is he is a construction guy... maybe someone here has his info>?
Funny that you mentioned this. I stayed there last summer 3 times. He has 2 rentals next to each other and a third house that is his. Pretty bitchin places, right across from needles marina. Thanks, but i wanna spend most of the time on the lake..

thumbs
05-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Days inn is cheap and clean. Never had a problem with the boat in the parking lot. We wll be there next weekend.
There is also a riverfront mobile across the river just below the needles bridge that a guy rents out..... All I remember is he is a construction guy... maybe someone here has his info>?
I would like this guys contact info if someone has it.

OliverM5
05-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Anyone know where I can find a rental on the Needles River? Something with a dock??

Hustler
05-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Needles Marina has cabins you can rent.

pixilatedpussy
05-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Needles. (if there is such a thing). Boat security is not a huge factor as i can drop my boat at storage each night if need be. Just looking for something clean and without a meth lab next door. Also thinking of maybe launching from Havasu landing, would that be a pain in the ass? I would like to enter the water more central to the lake, instead of moabi or needles park marina.
Come to think of it, does anyone have a place at the Landing for rent on Mothers Day weekend?
Also any hotels to definately avoid?
Spend the money to move up river to the Avi. I have heard nothing good about the hotels in Needles!

NeedlesNut
05-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I have a home that I rent in Needles next to Needles Marina. Brand new 2 bdrm + den, 2 bath. PM me for more info if interested.

pixilatedpussy
05-05-2006, 11:03 AM
I have a home that I rent in Needles next to Needles Marina. Brand new 2 bdrm + den, 2 bath. PM me for more info if interested.
Now that is a deal! :p I will pass the info to any friends that need a pad. :p
I see you live in HB...My hunny & I grew up in HB. :idea:

NeedlesNut
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
pixi:
yes we live in HB... beach & atlanta area.... Huntington Harbor for many years prior to that. Did your honey graduate from Oceanview of HB High? Our home was just finished in late November and just got things set up for rental recently..... hoping things go well for it..... PM me if you want more info or go onto the website at WWW.VRBO.COM - Property #85597. Can you tell I am working it.....LOL

NeedlesNut
05-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes I think not a bad deal for what your getting.... and yes we are in HB. Beach & Atlanta area and prior to that 22+ years in the Harbor area of HB. Did you honey graduate from HB or Oceanview. If you want more info PM me or you can go to the website: WWW.VRBO.COM property #85597. I thinks it's set up pretty nice for rental property.... still working on getting patio cover done (damm contracters always on RIVER TIME)

disco_charger
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Needles Marina has cabins you can rent.
Needles Marina Sucks!
Joe, WTF???!!! I thought we talked about this. :mad:

Charley
05-06-2006, 06:55 AM
I see you live in HB...My hunny & I grew up in HB. :idea:
what high school did you 2 graduate from? year?
I'm Edison class of 83, my wife graduated from my rival school (fountain Valley) class of 87

hava life
05-06-2006, 07:05 AM
We use to stay at the Travelers Inn off of J street. It was clean and we had no problems with any of or boats or skis. They let you park in the parking lot with your boat. They use to have security that would walk the lot I don't know if they still do that or not. The rooms had great a/c and they allowed pets. We use to launch a Jack Smiths landing at the south end of town.

TheLurker
05-06-2006, 07:11 AM
Charlie, I'm an Edison grad myself. Funny how we wind up with weekend homes about a mile from each other. Small world

TheLurker
05-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Anyone know where I can find a rental on the Needles River? Something with a dock??
There is also a riverfront mobile across the river just below the needles bridge that a guy rents out..... All I remember is he is a construction guy... maybe someone here has his info>?
I dont know if the info in the link is current says it was last updated on 05/06/06 so try this.
http://www.onthewaterrentals.com/

Charley
05-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Charlie, I'm an Edison grad myself. Funny how we wind up with weekend homes about a mile from each other. Small world
what year?

TheLurker
05-06-2006, 07:28 AM

Charley
05-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Cool deal, another reason for us to meet up :D ... my wife thinks the boat colors are way too close to Charger colors :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/384_3_06_032.jpg