PDA

View Full Version : Drag boats at Clearlake!

Boat211
08-03-2005, 08:10 PM
You have got to see this! A group of us went to the Lakeport speedway last weekend while up at the lake. We were told about these drag boat races and had to check it out ourselves. When I say "DRAG BOATS" I mean it in the most literal sense. They start by soaking down the paved and banked oval track with soapy water. Then they bring 15 cars onto the track but in the opposite direction, Oh did I mention that they each have a boat attatched to the back. These things are not even on trailers. They were attatched in various manners, chain, cables, straps,etc. The object is to be the last car with a boat attatched. It is basically a demolition derby that runs in circles. As they come down the strightaway and start the turn the boats fly out the side right into the wall, tractor tire barricades, other cars... It is a Fricken riot The cars were of all types. There was crap everywhere at the end. Glad I didnt have to clean that up.

Oldsquirt
08-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Got my attention, but not what I expected.
So, where's the pictures? :D

Outnumbered
08-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Found this on Google, its small though:
http://www.racingwest.com/images/news/04/drake_08-01.jpg
That is nuts. Is there some poor guy in the boat :hammer2:

Water Romper
08-04-2005, 08:46 AM
This is the most ridicules thing I have ever seen….If I didn’t see the the pic’ I would have said you were insane! :2purples:
This is worth posting over on the “Sandbar” ….the regulars their will have a holiday with this one…
What an absolute crack up… !!! :D

Lightning
08-04-2005, 09:23 AM
This is a great way to get rid of Bayliners.

NorCalCat
08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Boat211, Lets get a Hot Boat group together for the next one. I think they are doing it again in September. The lake should be nice as well. Day on the water, night at the lakeport speedway!

Boat211
08-04-2005, 08:53 PM
The next one isnt until Sept. 17. Not sure if we can make it. We will be comin home from Shasta on the 16th. We talked about stoppin by the lake on the way home but it just depends how we feel. I think everyone would get a kick out of it though.

Heatseeker
08-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I work with a guy who lives in Lakeport. Wait'll I raz him about this!!!

NorCalCat
08-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I work with a guy who lives in Lakeport. Wait'll I raz him about this!!!
Lakeport kicks ass! Everyone willing to give a hand when needed.