Boat Loan Guy
05-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Is there a video yet...

Mrs.Racer277
05-04-2006, 05:49 PM
It was Awesome

CMATT21
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Watch the news, I just saw them talking about in the next segment. That's San Diego Channel eight. :cool:

JetBoatRich
05-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Watched it on ESPN :cool: no problem, looks easy :rolleyes:
They kept showing replays of Evil's crash :yuk: almost feel the pain :yuk:

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:03 PM
it was boring,he needs some public relation speech classes

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:04 PM
I liked it when one of his posse said on camera"your the shit"....another role model

Second "PLACE"
05-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately the whole "Freestyle" crowd has taken a little bit of prestige away from the sport of competition motorcycle racing IMO. The image that these guys portray and the look is being looked up to by many small children and is very influential.
I personally have more repect for a rider for his championships in racing, than succesfully surviving death defying stunts.
Nonetheless, it IS entertainment.

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately the whole "Freestyle" crowd has taken a little bit of prestige away from the sport of competition motorcycle racing IMO. The image that these guys portray and the look is being looked up to by many small children and is very influential.
I personally have more repect for a rider for his championships in racing, than succesfully surviving death defying stunts.
the exception may be pastrana when he is healthy,true is was a back flip at 125 feet,but Id rather see RC do a whip over a triple anyday

Second "PLACE"
05-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Pastrana is the ONLY exception. The rest are hard to tell if they are Outlaw Bikers or not.
I prefer Outdoor Motocross, or a good S.C.O.R.E. race in Baja. Carmichael, Everts, Campbell, Hengeveld........THOSE guys are "the shit" :p

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Pastrana is the ONLY exception. The rest are hard to tell if they are Outlaw Bikers or not.
I prefer Outdoor Motocross, or a good S.C.O.R.E. race in Baja. Carmichael, Everts, Campbell, Hengeveld........THOSE guys are "the shit" :p
starts in a few weeks,supercross is live on speed saturday night.It will be great to see how fast steward is outdoors

JetBoatRich
05-04-2006, 07:41 PM
starts in a few weeks,supercross is live on speed saturday night.It will be great to see how fast steward is outdoors
I looking forward to Saturday, could not make it out to Vegas :mad: hope the announcers don't F it up :rolleyes:

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I looking forward to Saturday, could not make it out to Vegas :mad: hope the announcers don't F it up :rolleyes:
I forgot about those idiots.They are gonna sound like a couple giddy school girls,I wonder if ralph shethead will call the riders "gladiators" again,I nearly threw my remote at the TV

Second "PLACE"
05-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Amazing how fast Stewart/Reed/Carmichael are every week. We are watching history every time these guys ride.
Vegas will be a close race. :p

riverroyal
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Amazing how fast Stewart/Reed/Carmichael are every week. We are watching history every time these guys ride.
Vegas will be a close race. :p
will win the title,steward will win the race,Reed will snap under the pressure

Racer277
05-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Whatever your feelings, the "Freestyle" crowd revitalized offroad motorcycling. By 1995 the sport was looking very grim. 4K bikes for a kid, people weren't buying, and everyone was against us. The biggest turn around for the industry was these guys bringing something new and exciting, very simple for kids to understand, jumping.
If they take away prestige, it is only because AMA Proracing has allowed it. Motorcycle racing (road, mx, sx, flat track, trials, sm) has all advanced despite the idiots at AMA. Well maybe not flat track, they've nearly killed that.
You should be thanking the Freestylers, and lynching AMA Pro Racing.
IMHO.

Racer277
05-04-2006, 08:56 PM
thank you sean, someone who gets it --- are you enjoying the e-mails i've been forwarding to you ???
Not just enjoying, looking forward to them.
They are the best thing I get all week, LOL.
You know I think most of the FMX guys are dorks, but there is no denying they revitalized the sport, and bring in guys that would otherwise have no interest. It's all good for us.
Maybe I've watch Frezno Smooth a few too many times.... :)
There is one or two that can actually turn a bike, not just jump...
"Where's all the Ramp Kids At?!?"
:D :D

unleashed
05-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Whatever your feelings, the "Freestyle" crowd revitalized offroad motorcycling. By 1995 the sport was looking very grim. 4K bikes for a kid, people weren't buying, and everyone was against us. The biggest turn around for the industry was these guys bringing something new and exciting, very simple for kids to understand, jumping.
If they take away prestige, it is only because AMA Proracing has allowed it. Motorcycle racing (road, mx, sx, flat track, trials, sm) has all advanced despite the idiots at AMA. Well maybe not flat track, they've nearly killed that.
IMHO.
Freakin good post! :)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Ivan Dan
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Impressive jump!!!
Metzger Jump (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2433858)

Ivan Dan
05-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Watched it on ESPN :cool: no problem, looks easy :rolleyes:
Thats because he's that good....not to mention has brass balls down to his knees.

AirtimeLavey
05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
It's come a hellova long ways from Evil's jump days. MM did make it look easy. Glad you guys posted something about it before hand, so I could catch it live on ESPN. Thanks. Would be cool to hear what Evil thought about it. :cool:

RiverRatMike
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
sick jump! he really had to stop the back tire from spinning to bring the front end down

JetBoatRich
05-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Thats because he's that good....not to mention has brass balls down to his knees.
:) agree with this :cool: He is that good!

JetBoatRich
05-05-2006, 05:16 AM
It's come a hellova long ways from Evil's jump days. MM did make it look easy. Glad you guys posted something about it before hand, so I could catch it live on ESPN. Thanks. Would be cool to hear what Evil thought about it. :cool:
That had an interview with Evil beofre the jump, guess he was to sick to be there, so after jump interview (yet)

Racer277
05-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Freakin good post! :)
Deano
So Deano, did you go to Laughlin with RG after the Poker Run?
He's trying to buy my buddy's bike. We got the call when we were in PHX at the races.

Hustler
05-05-2006, 09:07 AM
The jump was insane. He beat Robbie's distanst and did it while doing a back flip and on a smaller bike. Metzger has broke almost every bone in his body to make that jump look "easy"
My hats off to him

unleashed
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
So Deano, did you go to Laughlin with RG after the Poker Run?
He's trying to buy my buddy's bike. We got the call when we were in PHX at the races.
Actually Ron went to Havasu sunday while I went to Laughlin to go breakdown the booth. Where have you been??? I will be at the river almost every weekend till Memorial....see you guys out there.
Deano

dossangers
05-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I dont care what anybody thinks THAT WAS DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!!! Metz is a good guy hes found his niche in MX !! :rollside: :rollside:

HONDOUGH
05-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I dont care what anybody thinks THAT WAS DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!!! Metz is a good guy hes found his niche in MX !! :rollside: :rollside:
I agree wayne, metz is a good guy and definatley has a pair hangin`!!!!!

riverroyal
05-06-2006, 09:29 AM
IMHO.
i agree with that

Mrs.Racer277
05-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Boring?????? Did you see the replay from the helmet cam??????? Far from boring. Flat out crazy. IMO :)

Mrs.Racer277
05-06-2006, 10:19 AM
How are you doing??? Still racing??? Have not seen you around????
I think they helped bring back the sport of competition racing. Just my thought. :) :)

riverroyal
05-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Boring?????? Did you see the replay from the helmet cam??????? Far from boring. Flat out crazy. IMO :)
by the hype then the way he made it look easy,i cant jump 10 feet,I give him credit,but you know he had that ramp and landing ramp at his house,spaced perfect,practicing for months.So he made it look easy,but still crazy.

Mrs.Racer277
05-06-2006, 10:22 AM
by the hype then the way he made it look easy,i cant jump 10 feet,I give him credit,but you know he had that ramp and landing ramp at his house,spaced perfect,practicing for months.So he made it look easy,but still crazy.
LOL I scream if my front wheel gets off the ground. :p :p
Very Crazy!
And the landing Yikes. :)

riverroyal
05-06-2006, 10:23 AM
LOL I scream if my front wheel gets off the ground. :p :p
Very Crazy!
And the landing Yikes. :)
check in the air before the landing was cool

DUNDUN
05-06-2006, 10:32 AM
exactly.. the freestyle scene can get annoying.. especially living in south riverside county. haha.
hmm who is more respectable, brian deegan or bob hannah?..tough call. :rolleyes:
but im not knocking metz. he did kill it. :)