PDA

View Full Version : Fish Fry Saturday

oldbuck40
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
if you guys want to have a fish fry at snowmans place on saturday you better speak up :hammerhea

Black1975
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
hey oldbuck, count me in

oldbuck40
08-04-2005, 01:11 PM
hey oldbuck, count me inhello stranger! glad your coming,,now you better show up!

Taylorman
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Ok, add to this post so we can get a head count for the fish fry.
Taylorman
MR and MRS Oldbuck
Greaser
MR and MRS Devilman
Black
Bigmo

sdba069
08-04-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm thinking, start cooking about 7ish. What do you guys think? It doesn't really matter to me what time?

Taylorman
08-05-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm thinking, start cooking about 7ish. What do you guys think? It doesn't really matter to me what time?
Works for me. Come on guys. Let get a head count.

Greaser
08-05-2005, 04:50 AM
Hey Garry, I will give you a call today to ask you about how much fish I should bring.

oldbuck40
08-05-2005, 05:19 AM
I'm thinking, start cooking about 7ish. What do you guys think? It doesn't really matter to me what time? sounds good like 7:30 ish hey Garry not to change the subject but do you have a liquid filled fuel pressure gauge for sale laying around?

charlie f
08-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Count me in on the fish fry, I will be getting there friday early evening, I plan on staying till after the fish fry and then heading out.
Let me know what to bring, or I will just chip in$.
Are there any plans on Fri. night?
Look forward to meeting everyone.

oldbuck40
08-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Count me in on the fish fry, I will be getting there friday early evening, I plan on staying till after the fish fry and then heading out.
Look forward to meeting everyone.yea goofin off at indian lodge!!!

Devilman
08-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Morning people! :cool:

a catered life
08-05-2005, 05:41 AM
speaking up :supp: ..........dam it your in texas :burningm:

oldbuck40
08-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Morning people! :cool:whats going on D-man?

Devilman
08-05-2005, 06:13 AM
whats going on D-man?
Not a whole helluva lot!! Waiting for 5, like always! Tinkering with this pick-up off & on, when I get a break... Pretty slow today. Have you tried going to the Line yet? Don't work for me....

oldbuck40
08-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Not a whole helluva lot!! Waiting for 5, like always! Tinkering with this pick-up off & on, when I get a break... Pretty slow today. Have you tried going to the Line yet? Don't work for me....been working all morning just fine for me? do a restart and try it again,me and rivergoer been talkin quite a bit.

Devilman
08-05-2005, 06:21 AM
been working all morning just fine for me? do a restart and try it again,me and rivergoer been talkin quite a bit.
It finally loaded, but I'm gonna do that.

Taylorman
08-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Look forward to meeting everyone.
Dude, haven't you heard, we're having a party with our good buddy Jim Beam.

Taylorman
08-05-2005, 06:25 AM
Head count for fish fry.
Taylorman
MR and MRS Oldbuck
Greaser
MR and MRS Devilman
Black
Bigmo
charlief

oldbuck40
08-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Hey Kevin PM me your Cell #

Greaser
08-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, I called Garry's shop this morning, but his wife said he wasnt there. So I called my girlfriends father and asked hin to get me enough fish for about 20 people. I think he is gonna give me some french fries and hush puppies also.

sdba069
08-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey Greaser.......... I didn't know you had called. I was out on the tractor early this morning pushing brush and doing a little leveling. OldBuck, don't know for sure on the fuel gauge, but I'll check.

Taylorman
08-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Greg, i can pick up one for you if you need. I had to buy a new one the other day. Let me know before 5. The $20 one i bought from Summit was not accurate. I bought one from the local speed shop, $40 bucks but it works.

jdf
08-05-2005, 02:25 PM
sorry we can not make it but y'all have a great time for me

Greybeard
08-05-2005, 02:28 PM
if you guys want to have a fish fry at snowmans place on saturday you better speak up :hammerhea
What kind of fish you guys havin' ????

Taylorman
08-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Greg, got your gauge.

Greaser
08-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Greaser.......... I didn't know you had called. I was out on the tractor early this morning pushing brush and doing a little leveling. OldBuck, don't know for sure on the fuel gauge, but I'll check.
Thats alright Garry. I went ahead and bought 15 lbs of catfish fillet's and some french fries and hush puppies. I hope thats enough. If not, I could always bring a few links of deer sausage :cool:

sdba069
08-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Sounds like a deal to me. We'll probably scrounge up some more fish and helpings just to be safe.

sdba069
08-05-2005, 07:57 PM
We had about 2" of rain yesterday and today.

Greaser
08-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Sounds like a deal to me. We'll probably scrounge up some more fish and helpings just to be safe.
Sounds like we got it covered. We will prolly get to Indian Lodge around 3 today. So we will see ya this weekend.

Urine Luck
08-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Count me in for the Fish fry. What can i bring?

sdba069
08-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Some of you guys missed a damn good fish fry, only problem, I was too busy talking to eat as much as I would like to. Good to meet all the guys, and gals, that could make it. Look forward to doing it again.

Devilman
08-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Some of you guys missed a damn good fish fry, only problem, I was too busy talking to eat as much as I would like to. Good to meet all the guys, and gals, that could make it. Look forward to doing it again.
Thanks again for having us!! Your right, it was a damn good fry!! I did the opposite though, I ate more than I talked... We're looking forward to getting back up there again!!

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks again for having us!! Your right, it was a damn good fry!! I did the opposite though, I ate more than I talked... We're looking forward to getting back up there again!!uh huh! then i had to fight to stay awake,,sure was a good time !!! thanks Garry and Tammy!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

charlie f
08-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks again for a great Fish Fry, and the opportunity to meet all of you'all.
I had a great time, I am sorry I had to leave early.
You guys really know how to have a good time and make someone feel welcomed.
You will be seeing alot more of me and some of my friends up in this area, as I have already been telling them on what they missed out on.
Oldbuck you sure know how to get a party together...............
Thanks again to everyone.

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 06:33 AM
You will be seeing alot more of me and some of my friends up in this area, as I have already been telling them on what they missed out on.
Thanks again to everyone.glad you made it home ok and thanks for the Beer,,had some yesterday evening when i got home! be sure and rub it in good to your buddys that couldnt come.

Devilman
08-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Thanks again to everyone.
Sure thing! Nice meeting you as well! I'll share beer & Bugles with ya anytime!! Always look forward to meeting & hanging with some fellow boaters!

esabataj
08-09-2005, 06:39 AM
glad you made it home ok and thanks for the Beer,,had some yesterday evening when i got home! be sure and rub it in good to your buddys that couldnt come.
That's it Oldbuck. Rub it in and make an Oldman feel like SH*T. You really know how to hurt a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J/K
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
----------------------------------------------------------------
The good news is Dear Abby and Dr. Laura have both approved sex for old people. The bad news is they expect us to have sex with other old people.

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Hey D-man i sent Kevin the pics i had so he can post em up,i wonder if he went home or stayed in houston with his wife lastnight?

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 06:41 AM
That's it Oldbuck. Rub it in and make an Oldman feel like SH*T. You really know how to hurt a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J/K
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The good news is Dear Abby and Dr. Laura have both approved sex for old people. The bad news is they expect us to have sex with other old people.
----------------------------------------------------------------hahaha morning bud!

Devilman
08-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Hey D-man i sent Kevin the pics i had so he can post em up,i wonder if he went home or stayed in houston with his wife lastnight?
He posted some yesterday sometime in Just Jets on his diverter thread. We got some too, just gotta go back through them & send them this evening... Not sure if he got back home or not.

esabataj
08-09-2005, 07:01 AM
hahaha morning bud!
What's up youngster? Got your message last night. You're all set up for the 19th. Got 2 spaces side by side. Did you ever talk to greaser?

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 07:33 AM
havent heard from him this morning yet!

Devilman
08-09-2005, 08:48 AM
havent heard from him this morning yet!
Probably over there banging on the door of the insideline!! :D :D

Greaser
08-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Finally made it over here guys. First I would like to give a big thanks to Garry for hosting a great fish fry, and for also taking the time on Sunday to take a look at my boat. ( I am still licking my wounds from that one ) I had great time, and hung out with great people. Hopefully we can do it again real soon.

Devilman
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Shit, man! I heard about that!! What was the final verdict?? Hope I didn't jinx ya!!

Greaser
08-09-2005, 09:20 AM
2 blown head gaskets, and 3 dead cylnders. Hope fully its all from the gaskets

Devilman
08-09-2005, 09:33 AM
You gonna make it by with just a gasket job or are you pulling the motor? Either way, we'll send a positive vibe for ya!

Greaser
08-09-2005, 09:37 AM
You gonna make it by with just a gasket job or are you pulling the motor? Either way, we'll send a positive vibe for ya!
I'm not sure. I think Garry is gonna do some type of leak check, and deciede from there. I am really hoping I can get by with just head gaskets. It might be the decieding factor on if the boat see's the water again this year. :frown:

Devilman
08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure. I think Garry is gonna do some type of leak check, and deciede from there. I am really hoping I can get by with just head gaskets. It might be the decieding factor on if the boat see's the water again this year. :frown:
Ouch! Well, you never know.... Hopefully, it'll turn out alright. Keep it positive! :D

Taylorman
08-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Did you leave it with Gary?

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey Taylorman i did get your msg. you left on my phone, i guess sometime i hit the silent button,,,duhhhh but i missed 3 calls,,sorry. and yea greaser left his boat, i think Garry is gonna pressure check and then pull the heads off and see whats up. bert was saying that he and garry were just going to walk thru it on the cost and other nessassary repairs.

sdba069
08-09-2005, 12:07 PM
We are going to check it out further in the morning. Hopefully, it's just head gaskets. After learning of the history on that motor, my intuition tells me to tear it apart and start over, but for now, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Really enjoyed having everyone here. Look forward to doing it again. We'll be at Lake Bryan with the drag boats 2 weeks after Marble Falls and you guys are welcome to come hang out in the pits with us. Finished the blown alky Placecraft yesterday and it sounded great. Hey Esa, shoulda been here.

Greaser
08-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Garry, I talked to the Machine shop, and told them what we found out, and they said they wouldnt warranty any labor cost, but would give me another Felpro gasket set. I told them you were gonna check out the rings, and they said to let them know if we need those also. So atleast they are trying to work with me on this deal. :idea: I will fax you the engine build sheets the gave me tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything else.

Greaser
08-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Hopefully, it's just head gaskets.
Greaser<-------on his knees praying

sdba069
08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
You did better than I thought you would.