PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera Help!!????

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 05:53 AM
I have the Cannon SD100..It has been a great camera but all of the sudden it wont stay on when I swith it to camera or video camera mode....??? :confused: It will let me view pics...but when I switch it turns off, and doesnt even finish closing the lens all the way.... fully charged lithium batteris...I have no clue whats up!!??
Any ideas/??

Excessive Force
08-05-2005, 05:54 AM
if its under warranty, take it back!!

a catered life
08-05-2005, 05:55 AM
if its not get a hammer and have fun :wink:

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 05:56 AM
if its under warranty, take it back!!
Thats my last resort...I have to send it back to cannon to have them do it...and that takes forever.... :( I really wanted it for this weekend... :rolleyes:

a catered life
08-05-2005, 05:58 AM
Thats my last resort...I have to send it back to cannon to have them do it...and that takes forever.... :( I really wanted it for this weekend... :rolleyes:
yup we sent ours back and 4-5 week later it came back to only do the same thing 1 week later so now 7 weeks later they send us a new one

Excessive Force
08-05-2005, 06:00 AM
on the bright side, if you send it in, get you a cheapy one for the meantime. Wallie world has one for $100 even shoots video. :220v: :220v: :cool:

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 06:02 AM
damn...I dont want to deal with that..for 240 bucks on ebay I can get the S410...with 4 mega pix... I wish I would have took action on this earlier this week...or ordered the new one... :mad:

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 06:03 AM
Just go buy another one. You're a big baller. :D
whats ur definition of a big baller...??? :hammerhea Been slow since the freakin CEO's jacked prices on our jobbers...My bonus has dropped sufficently... :(

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 06:09 AM
There's very little I'd stay away from on eBay, but cameras are definately one of them. A lot of the big manufacturers are really sketchy on warranty with mail order/eBay items.
I bought this one of there back when it first came out...from ebay..the only thing I made sure was that they were an autorized dealer..I have had no problems with ebay so far...

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Just trying to impart some wisdom as a silver Power Seller. I can't wait to be a gold Power Seller, the uniform is much cooler. :D
haha..damn..ur pushing some stuff on there aint ya... :eek: :D

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 06:24 AM
You'd be surprised how many middle aged white guys want to be like Tiger Woods. :D
haha..what are u selling T shirts.?? :D

2Driver
08-05-2005, 06:35 AM
damn...I dont want to deal with that..for 240 bucks on ebay I can get the S410...with 4 mega pix... I wish I would have took action on this earlier this week...or ordered the new one... :mad:
I just got a S410 several weeks ago and am not happy at all. If you screw with the manual settings enough and take enough shots of the same thing you might get a good pic. Flash is weak, auto focus is bad, depth of field in auto mode sucks.. but hey it is samll :cry:
My old Kodak 4800 3 megapixal takes 10 times the picture in full auto mode. However, the cannon is good for travel as it is small...but who cares about size when you look at a sh---y picture.
Call cannon tech support aout your sd100

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 06:42 AM
I just got a S410 several weeks ago and am not happy at all. If you screw with the manual settings enough and take enough shots of the same thing you might get a good pic. Flash is weak, auto focus is bad, depth of field in auto mode sucks.. but hey it is samll :cry:
My old Kodak 4800 3 megapixal takes 10 times the picture in full auto mode. However, the cannon is good for travel as it is small...but who cares about size when you look at a sh---y picture.
Call cannon tech support aout your sd100
wow..I have heard nothing but good reviews...and They got one of the highest ratings?? I love the SD100 its basic, and I never had a bad pic with it...probably have taken over 8000 pics...and videos.. :supp: Maybe I will just save up for the Digital Rebel...

gramps
08-05-2005, 06:46 AM
The Canon service & repair center is right down the 405 from you in Irvine. You can drop it off there and probally get fast service.

2Driver
08-05-2005, 07:02 AM
wow..I have heard nothing but good reviews...and They got one of the highest ratings?? I love the SD100 its basic, and I never had a bad pic with it...probably have taken over 8000 pics...and videos.. :supp: Maybe I will just save up for the Digital Rebel...
lakeape has a s40 and likes it. I just don't like having to mess with a bunch of manual settings to get a really good pic all the time. Full auto mode is really bad...usually focused on wrong thing, over exposed or poor depth of field or all 3 and the camera is working ok.
good luck

cdog
08-05-2005, 07:52 AM
If you want to buy a new one . Check out this link, This is where I bought the wife a new SD400 and we love the camera.
http://www.niceelectronics.com/index.htm
BTW I hope your cell phone works. Were leaving tonight for parker. See you out there.

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 07:54 AM
If you want to buy a new one . Check out this link, This is where I bought the wife a new SD400 and we love the camera.
http://www.niceelectronics.com/index.htm
BTW I hope your cell phone works. Were leaving tonight for parker. See you out there.
Yeah...the cellie works...were leavin at 7ish...what time are you headed out???

cdog
08-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Yeah...the cellie works...were leavin at 7ish...what time are you headed out???
Same here. 7 ish. My cell is 714-658-6291 Corey.

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Same here. 7 ish. My cell is 714-658-6291 Corey.
are you going to be towing...???

cdog
08-05-2005, 08:08 AM
are you going to be towing...???
Ya. We have our 29 shockwave. Black Sub and a red white and blue boat. We take the 91 straight to the 10 and out the 10 to erinburg.

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Ya. We have our 29 shockwave. Black Sub and a red white and blue boat. We take the 91 straight to the 10 and out the 10 to erinburg.
I will probably see you then..I take the same route...and leaving around the same time...so if you see some girls flashing or mooning from a black dodge ram..1997 Thats us!!! :D

cdog
08-05-2005, 08:14 AM
I will probably see you then..I take the same route...and leaving around the same time...so if you see some girls flashing or mooning from a black dodge ram..1997 Thats us!!! :D
Sweet. I'll keep my eye out. See you out there, or on the way. Something tells me this is gonna be a good weekend.

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Sweet. I'll keep my eye out. See you out there, or on the way. Something tells me this is gonna be a good weekend.
Thats what im saying.....even if it rains all freakin weekend..it will be sweet... :rollside: but lets not ask for that... :cool: