PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Whipple 2300r. Anyone have one on the shelf?

nodigg
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Lost my bearings again and 3 months or more for a warranty replace/rebuild.
Anyone have a line on one sitting on a shelf or a 3300 complete?

Jordy
08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Here's what you need Homer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7989427901&rd=1
:D :D :D

plaster dave
08-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Try Teague they have alot in stock.

nodigg
08-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Try Teague they have alot in stock.
Tried 'em the first day, no luck, but thanks for the lead.

nodigg
08-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Here's what you need Homer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7989427901&rd=1
:D :D :D
Uh...yeah...sure Jordy...lol! Looks like a great set-up for the guy who likes to work on his boat a lot!..and does not need a back seat....but thanks for helping out!!

Risky Business
08-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Carreraboat has a complete HP500 system for sale. 2.3 radial entry (carb). I'm guessing that's what you need, 2300R. I just about bought it but finally found a new compressor (lucky)

nodigg
08-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Carreraboat has a complete HP500 system for sale. 2.3 radial entry (carb). I'm guessing that's what you need, 2300R. I just about bought it but finally found a new compressor (lucky)
I only need the compressor also, but I'll give 'em a call...

Risky Business
08-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Just for clarification: It's Carreraboat from here on the boards. I have his number if you want to PM me. We spoke earlier in the week. He doesn't want a whole lot more than the price of a new compressor. Could work out for you.

Whipple Charged
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Lost my bearings again and 3 months or more for a warranty replace/rebuild.
Anyone have a line on one sitting on a shelf or a 3300 complete?
Nodig,
We'll have some product in the next 60-90 days that will be able to fit your application, until then, there is really nothing around. We've done our best to find anything around since our severe supply shortage.
If you had another failure, I must tell you that your probably spinning the compressor to fast. I doubt it lost a bearing, thats very rare. Typically you see a rotor move forward. The compressors have a max speed of 16,000rpm and I do not know what pulley size you run but I remember you had a built motor and you may have changed the SC pulley. Normally, anything over 14,000rpm needs to be fed off the engine oil to keep the gear temp to a minimum. To figure compressor speed, take SC pulley size and divide by crank pulley size (8.75"), multiply by engine rpm.
Thanks,
Dustin

HP350SC
08-15-2005, 01:02 AM
All right, good to see you on the boards Dustin. :) Hope all is going well and looking forward to see your new products.

nodigg
08-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Nodig,
We'll have some product in the next 60-90 days that will be able to fit your application, until then, there is really nothing around. We've done our best to find anything around since our severe supply shortage.
If you had another failure, I must tell you that your probably spinning the compressor to fast. I doubt it lost a bearing, thats very rare. Typically you see a rotor move forward. The compressors have a max speed of 16,000rpm and I do not know what pulley size you run but I remember you had a built motor and you may have changed the SC pulley. Normally, anything over 14,000rpm needs to be fed off the engine oil to keep the gear temp to a minimum. To figure compressor speed, take SC pulley size and divide by crank pulley size (8.75"), multiply by engine rpm.
Thanks,
Dustin
Thanks for the reply Dustin, left some messages for you and Keith? in the shop about this problem. The pulley is the one size smaller unit (don't know the size) I got from you last spring. Until I switched pulleys I had no problem so it may be the rpm problem you speak of that caused both units to fail.
Anyway, after being told about the shortage, I decided to go natural until I can get a new blower. I could have plumbed the oil during the re-build or before but had not heard of this till now. Before I put it back together again, you can bet we will go that way.