PDA

View Full Version : Help AZ. dmv

sam pioske
08-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Can somebody on the Foums give me info. on what it would cost to deal with AZ. dmv - to register a 100k $ moter home i am buying. The unit is now with AZ. plates, i am in CA. but have a place in
havazoo. I has to be better then CA.'s $ #'s. Re. Plates, Sales tax, Transfers?
any guestimates please Sam

Outnumbered
08-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Their site is down right now but this should work. I am not sure about a MOHO, but with boats and cars a person to person used sale pays NO SALES TAX. Fees are minimal.
www.dot.state.az.us/MVD/mvd.htm

sam pioske
08-06-2005, 05:44 AM
WOW! Out#ed Thats what i was thinking, But needed another opinion.
Thanks for thoughts Sam

DMVQUEEN
08-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Here is the paragraph as described in the N.A.D.A. Title and Registration book for Arizona Highway Department:
SALES OR USE TAX APPLICABLE TO TITLING - Sales or use tax is paid on vehicles purchased by residents AND non-residents. NO TRADE-IN ALLOWED ON OUT OF STATE PURCHASES. Credit allowed for taxes paid to another state. NON-RESIDENT MILITARY PEOPLE ARE NOT EXPEMPT FROM SALES TAX AS OF 12/15/93. Sales or use tax is 5.6% and applicable county and city taxes. Taxes are paid to the dealer unless it is a vehicle purchased out of state, then any tax due would be paid at the Title and Regstration Office.
(Note the absence of any sales or use tax exemption)
Also I found this:
TAXES APPLICABLE TO REGISTRATION - VEHICLES LICENSE TAX IS PAID ON THE MANUFACTURER'S BASE RETAIL PRICE SHOWN ON THE FEDERAL STICKER and it is the same price listed in the N.A.D.A. Office Used Car Guide under MSRP. NO license tax or registration fee shall be collected from any VETERAN for a personally woned vehicle if such veteran is certified by the VA to be one hundred percent disabled and drawing compensation on that basis.
Hope this helps, but I think your best bet is to just call them, ask them point blank about sales tax.
602-255-0072
Good luck
Sara

Boatcop
08-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Just remember that if you are a California resident. (Work, vote, reside, etc.) you can only register an owned vehicle out of CA if it will NEVER be brought into California.
If said vehicle is in California, even passing through, for repairs, etc. you're subject to massive fines, possibly jail, and back registration fees, penalties, interest, etc. Not to mention having the vehicle impounded (more fees) until the previous fees, fines etc. are being taken care of.
It's not like boats. They want their residents to register their motor vehicles in the State.

sam pioske
08-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Sounded good a first but went down hill for me fast Thanks for info.
Sam