PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat at CBBB?

***boateditor
08-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey,
Brett Bayne from Hot Boat here. I'm tentatively planning to attend the Classic Boat Beach Bash at the Avi next weekend. It'll be my first time covering this event; I'll have my camera and will plan to run a major piece on CBBB in the December or January issues, with individual boat features (i.e., Performance Section) possible as well. I am hoping to meet lots of readers when I'm out there.
Brett @ Hot Boat

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 08:36 AM
That is good news.

78Southwind
08-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Excellent.........Excellent..........Excellent :cool:

HBjet
08-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Hey,
Brett Bayne from Hot Boat here. I'm tentatively planning to attend the Classic Boat Beach Bash at the Avi next weekend. It'll be my first time covering this event; I'll have my camera and will plan to run a major piece on CBBB in the December or January issues, with individual boat features (i.e., Performance Section) possible as well. I am hoping to meet lots of readers when I'm out there.
Brett @ Hot Boat
Sounds Good.... and thank god I decided to bust out the polish and clean my boat!!!
HBjet

roostwear
08-06-2005, 08:39 AM
I had better get to the Shack early to polish up the Circus boat!

Beautiful Noise
08-06-2005, 08:43 AM
thank god I decided to bust out the polish and clean my boat!!!HBjet
Randy, I take it you decided to Wax the bottom then for those extra couple mph :D :D

moneysucker
08-06-2005, 09:02 AM
That figures, And I am not going too. Oh well, One day I will have my day in the sun.
Cy

Brooski
08-06-2005, 09:10 AM
That figures, And I am not going too. Oh well, One day I will have my day in the sun.
CyDo you ever go? Git'er done and git out there!
Good news. Pics of boats on clear water instead of green water will be good! :D

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Cy
Come on...go boatless...I am.

hack job
08-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey,
Brett @ Hot Boat
Brett that is good news if you dont mind plese email me and we will talk more about it.
itstyson@cs.com
we are very happy that hot boat is making it back out again!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm very glad HB is covering this event. It is such a fun event and not too wild. Everyone there is into boats, not just partying (though we like to party, too! ) Make sure you check out HallettDave's original multi-color shag carpet in his boat :D You will have a great time. I'm sure you won't leave disappointed.

Big Kahunaa
08-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Come on...go boatless...I am.
i am going boatless to mabey we can hang and make fun of the chevy guys

***boateditor
08-06-2005, 10:02 AM
I will be going boatless too!

Squirtin Thunder
08-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Well my boat is open for a ride or ten !!!

Hustler
08-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Glad to hear your coming out to the bash. If you need a ride up river just let me know we always have room in the Hustler

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a plan! :D
I will be with my dad in his 21' Eliminator it has a BBF also!
:)

Wally_Gator
08-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Now let's not start that...
Next thing poeple will be asking for a line across the lagoon and parking lot to keep the chevy's and ford's apart...

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Now let's not start that...
Next thing poeple will be asking for a line across the lagoon and parking lot to keep the chevy's and ford's apart...
nahhh, cause then the chevy guys wouldnt have anyone to tow them in! :D
Its all good, Chevy or Ford everyone is there for one reason and one reason ONLY! PARTY!

Wally_Gator
08-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Its all good, Chevy or Ford everyone is there for one reason and one reason ONLY! PARTY!
Lol...
I seem to remember towing in a few people with my Olds Last year..
Didn't I see a ford towing a ford at Elsinore recently?
:idea: :D

Big Kahunaa
08-06-2005, 10:26 AM
leave mopar guys at the safeway parking lot, i don't care what you drive as long as you can handle a little ripping

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Lol...
I seem to remember towing in a few people with my Olds Last year..
Didn't I see a ford towing a ford at Elsinore recently?
:idea: :D
yes you did...that was when Dougs battery got wet and shorted out causing the battery to drain and kill the motor. :D

Wally_Gator
08-06-2005, 10:35 AM
So that was another time. The time I remember one heard a knock and thought something let go? Did you ever find out what it was?

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 10:42 AM
So that was another time. The time I remember one heard a knock and thought something let go? Did you ever find out what it was?
yes, that is the same time. That knock ended up being the started, it was stuck engaged, the good thing is it did not break any teeth off the flywheel. Doug just had a valve job done too, fresh heads they are installing this weekend...he should be ready to rock with some new headers too. CBBB here we come! I cannot wait.

LakesOnly
08-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey,
Brett Bayne from Hot Boat here. I'm tentatively planning to attend the Classic Boat Beach Bash at the Avi next weekend; I'll have my camera and will plan to run a major piece on CBBB in the December or January issues, with individual boat features (i.e., Performance Section) possible as well.
Brett @ Hot Boat
Well then, I'll scratch Tahoe this w/e and polish the boat. As bad as it needs it, I knwo very well that my black gel coat will turn white again in, oh, about an hour in that Laughlin sun...
LO

Wally_Gator
08-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Just hope the thundershpwers stay away this year...
Driving into AVI from 40 my boat was covered in road mud...

disco_charger
08-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I wanted to cry when I saw what happened to my aluminum. All mud. All the time. I'm hearing the river levels are unusually low. That has me a little concerned.

Squirtin Thunder
08-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I wanted to cry when I saw what happened to my aluminum. All mud. All the time. I'm hearing the river levels are unusually low. That has me a little concerned.
You mean to come up in the morning Right ???

djdtpr
08-06-2005, 12:18 PM
I am stoked to hear that HB will be there.This event has a wide range of boats to take pics of and i think it will be great for the event also.(not that it needed the boost for atendance with almost 200 boats registered i think.)

wrightnow
08-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I am stoked to hear that HB will be there.This event has a wide range of boats to take pics of and i think it will be great for the event also.(not that it needed the boost for atendance with almost 200 boats registered i think.)
Yes Danny we know you need coverage and I dont mean HB kind.....
Mark

djdtpr
08-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes Danny we know you need coverage and I dont mean HB kind.....
Mark
I just cant wait to wear the news paper shoes and life jacket shirt.Thats all the coverage i need.Mark i cant wait to see the new boat i heard its really clean.see ya there.

Squirtcha?
08-06-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm hearing the river levels are unusually low. That has me a little concerned.
I couldn't tell that it was any lower the last couple trips to Big River. It's possible it was a little lower, but not enough to warrant concern (at least south of Parker).
Maybe some of the guys that run that Laughlin area will chime in?

roostwear
08-06-2005, 02:47 PM
River level thread on CBBB (http://classicboatbeachbash.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=476&)

flat broke
08-06-2005, 02:59 PM
I couldn't tell that it was any lower the last couple trips to Big River. It's possible it was a little lower, but not enough to warrant concern (at least south of Parker).
Maybe some of the guys that run that Laughlin area will chime in?
There's a thread covering this concern over on our forums. Greg/Acceptance was kind enough to give us his most recent take on the water levels.
Brett,
It will be good to have you out there. There are enough boats that if you busted ass, you could shoot/write enough "readers rides" type articles for the next 3 years. If you need help getting in touch with certain boats/owners, swing by and see us at the sign in table, and we'll get you in touch with whomever's ride your interested in.
Thanks,
Chris

***boateditor
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Brett,
It will be good to have you out there. There are enough boats that if you busted ass, you could shoot/write enough "readers rides" type articles for the next 3 years. If you need help getting in touch with certain boats/owners, swing by and see us at the sign in table, and we'll get you in touch with whomever's ride your interested in.
Thanks,
Chris
Thanks; I appreciate it. The only two things I'm concerned about are my transporation to and from Laughlin, and whether or not there will be any hot girls there to pose on the boats. I wonder if it would be worth trying to get some to come out special...

djdtpr
08-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I wonder if it would be worth trying to get some to come out special...
I think yes yes yes and yes.I will donate my time there this weekend to rubbing oil on them. :D

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks; I appreciate it. The only two things I'm concerned about are my transporation to and from Laughlin, and whether or not there will be any hot girls there to pose on the boats. I wonder if it would be worth trying to get some to come out special...
I think it would be...although you could always get some random chicks drunk and ask them if they want to pose for a magazine, that might be more fun!
:D

IMPATIENT 1
08-06-2005, 04:14 PM
LMAO :smile: I WORK FOR THE GENERAL AND I RUN BBF!

Wicked Performance Boats
08-06-2005, 04:16 PM
HB editor, We'll have our yellow CP tunnel, #111 "Misfit" and my wife Julie[ who looks great in a thong] to pose for you and if you talk nice to her, she will probably make a couple 100 plus passes for you! And I'll give you a cold Budlight! Budlight :D

disco_charger
08-06-2005, 05:11 PM
You mean to come up in the morning Right ???
I'm staying at the Avi, but that ramp sucks when the water is down.

roostwear
08-06-2005, 07:09 PM
We'll be at the Shack in Bullhead for 4 days.... we can get you where you need to go.... water or land. :D Don't know what I can do about hot chicks... sssshhh the wife is close. :jawdrop:

Brooski
08-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I think Nikki would enjoy coming out......... :D :D :D

WUTWZAT
08-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Ah heck, someones gotta say it. ***boat'S GOTTA MAGAZINE? LOL
Rio :D
Ha ha ha, yes it does I keep them in the truck to keep people from getting motion sickness. If they can focus on the boats or boobs they don't see the world blur by them. :2purples:
Jason

Cas
08-07-2005, 06:43 AM
just told my wife that HB is going to CBBB, she said "after how they handled things 2 years ago, F*CK Hot Boat!"" :D :D

***boateditor
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
just told my wife that HB is going to CBBB, she said "after how they handled things 2 years ago, F*CK Hot Boat!"" :D :D
I'll make sure somebody else gets the T-shirt I was going to bring out to her.
Brett

Cas
08-10-2005, 10:00 AM
do I still get mine? :wink:
Can you blame her? 3 years running someone from HB said they would be there and nothing. 2 years ago, she arranged a place for all the boats to be to take a group pic. She's the "Plan Queen" and when things fall apart, she's not a real happy camper.
Maybe it's because I found a pic of Kevin Spaise in a 1977 Competition & Ski Boat magazine that I sent off? :)
Have Fun Everyone!

***boateditor
08-10-2005, 10:17 AM
3 years running someone from HB said they would be there and nothing.
I have been the editor of Hot Boat for 10 years, and I have never promised anybody we would be at the event (including this year). Although I am still planning to come this weekend, infuriated wives notwithstanding.
But I understand the concept of disappointment. I emailed the guy who's organizing the event, and never got a reply. Maybe I wound up in his spam folder?
Brett

Sportin' Wood
08-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I have been the editor of Hot Boat for 10 years, and I have never promised anybody we would be at the event (including this year). Although I am still planning to come this weekend, infuriated wives notwithstanding.
But I understand the concept of disappointment. I emailed the guy who's organizing the event, and never got a reply. Maybe I wound up in his spam folder?
Brett
I'll play match maker, Cause I wanna see events like this in the mag more often. Here ya go....
Quote:
Brett,
Thanks,
Chris
www.classicboatbeachbash.com

***boateditor
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
I'll play match maker, Cause I wanna see events like this in the mag more often. Here ya go....(snip post from Chris)
Oh, I was referring to Tyson Lloyd, who posted: "Brett that is good news if you dont mind plese email me and we will talk more about it." I did email him off list, but got no response. It's not a big deal. I'll be out there in any case.

disco_charger
08-10-2005, 11:05 AM
PM or Email. I know the PM's have been touchy of late. I'm sure Tyson is stoked you're going to be there. I haven't missed one yet and they're all good times. You'll find hot chicks to take pictures of with no problem. There will be some smokin hot boats too. Get a hold of the guy with the Eagle (Beismeyerish flatty) and chat with him (Steve). Cool ass boat. If you need a ride, I'm thinking you won't have much of a problem finding one. You can ride in my tug to take pictures of the nice boats. If you can't get a hold of Tyson Lloyd his partner in crime/brother Chris Lloyd (Flat Broke) can help you too.

flat broke
08-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Brett,
You should have my contact information via PM. If not, post up on here and I'll get it to via another media.
Thanks,
Chris