PDA

View Full Version : latest additions to motor

olbiezer
08-06-2005, 12:10 PM
latest additions to motor.......msd coil, dist, plug wires, 6al box and altinator and power take off. thanks johnboy and mike, hope it all works right lolhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1789P1010008.JPG

olbiezer
08-06-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1789P1010009.JPG sorry pics are so big got to get a decent photo program

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Please tell me the motor plates allready had holes where you put that coil :confused:
Put up some more pics of the rest of the boat. :cool:

olbiezer
08-06-2005, 02:42 PM
yes that was where the old worn out coil was jerry. the pic is deciving on distance from the alt belt its a good 2 inches. ok got to take a few its in the garage right now and there is a thunderstorm of epic proportion so will have to do it later

EXTREMEBOATS
08-06-2005, 03:00 PM
:cry: Come on Jerry.... I would have put the coil any where but there if there wasnt holes allready.. :confused:
Mike

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-06-2005, 03:37 PM
:cry: Come on Jerry.... I would have put the coil any where but there if there wasnt holes allready.. :confused:
Mike
Just my .02 but I still wouldn't have put it back there... :)

dmontzsta
08-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I wish my floors looked like that, although I think the glassed in tanks makes it the floor look tiny, your rigging looks pretty clean though, nice alternator. :)
I notice your water pick up is on the blast plate. The one in my boat originally was up further to the right of the strut through the floor, but it is plugged up, Bergeron also told me they were mounted on the blast plate, which leads me to believe someone else rigged mine, since he said he doesnt remember putting hex cav rod on any either.
oh yeah...uhhh...the coil and msd box looks good. :D

olbiezer
08-06-2005, 04:37 PM
i really dont see the problem with the coil there.......

steve d
08-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Please tell me the motor plates allready had holes where you put that coil :confused:
Put up some more pics of the rest of the boat. :cool:
RUTHLESS................................STEVE

Hallett
08-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Looks great olbiezer but the coil :idea:

EXTREMEBOATS
08-06-2005, 07:22 PM
So what your saying is the old beat up Mallory coil looked OK but the Blaster Dont??? I know a couple of fancy bolts in the holes would have been the right way.... :idea: Give one good reason for "NOT" putting it there.
Mike :confused:

Roman 1
08-06-2005, 08:24 PM
So what your saying is the old beat up Mallory coil looked OK but the Blaster Dont??? I know a couple of fancy bolts in the holes would have been the right way.... :idea: Give one good reason for "NOT" putting it there.
Mike :confused:
It looks tacky there. That plate looks way to nice to throw a coil dead bang in the center of it. Move it up to the cylinder head, that way you can keep the short coil wire. Fill the holes with button heads, shiny ones. I've seen a few circle boat installations in my day (ex crew chief for PS 126) and IMO that coil placement matches the seat choice. WRONG!!! :argue: But its bitchen boat anyway. Hey Oldgiezer, take that boat to someone who knows roundy round boats like say.....Bergeron marine. This extremeboats guy may be "all that" and a breadcrumb in the dragboat world but circleboats clearly aren't his expertise (with all due respect). :wink:
Roman 1 :cool:

GofastRacer
08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
WOW, can't agree more and what a place to put the box, but I just love the way the battery is secured!.. :D :D :D :D

GofastRacer
08-06-2005, 08:56 PM
take that boat to someone who knows roundy round boats like say.....Bergeron marine.
Roman 1 :cool:
Or ME!.. :wink:

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 04:17 AM
ya i'll just hook it up and tow it 1500 miles to have the coil moved sounds reasonable. the only think i agreee with u dudes is the battery hold down top.........keep it up,,,,,you'll find something else to bitch about soon. hey art still waiting on those roundie round seats u were going to buy me........

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 04:28 AM
hey art still waiting on those roundie round seats u were going to buy me........
Keep right on dreamin!.. :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
08-07-2005, 06:54 AM
ya i'll just hook it up and tow it 1500 miles to have the coil moved sounds reasonable. the only think i agreee with u dudes is the battery hold down top.........keep it up,,,,,you'll find something else to bitch about soon. hey art still waiting on those roundie round seats u were going to buy me........
olbiezer dont let it get to you. I think they are trying to help you build a clean true circle boat. Just roll with the punches, these guys know what they are talking about.

superdave013
08-07-2005, 07:04 AM
I like that pulley. Looks real slick. Maybe someday machine a 1/2 hex in the center of it so you can use it to run the valves.

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 09:04 AM
i guess i need a superdave interpetur.......dont get that one at all.

AzMandella
08-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I hate to be negative but I would not have mounted the box where you did.That is not a marine box and will almost certainly get shorted out when you get some water in it.The automotive boxes are not sealed like the marine boxes.I have argued this point to three of my friends who didn't listen and they have shorted out a total of 5 boxes between them.One of whom finaly put a ML6 on and has been trouble free since.And he had mounted his automotive box on the stringer under the deck and still got water on it and shorted it out.

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I like that pulley. Looks real slick. Maybe someday machine a 1/2 hex in the center of it so you can use it to run the valves.
Yep I made one not a pulley though, use it all the time sure is better than beatin on the starter!. :wink:

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 09:42 AM
thanks az i will keep that in mind.........thanks art i will put one in imeditally and run a generator for my house off it.....

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Whatever turns you on!. :rolleyes: :D

dossangers
08-07-2005, 10:21 AM
If you post pics of your boat you are sure to get some OPINIONS in here! personally i like mags no electronics to drain the batt and less shit hang'in around!

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 01:41 PM
your right about that dos lol.........have a mag and decided to go the other way.......because the mag i have was a external coil model so would have looked about the same as this. i will say this........i sure know how to stire up the crap in here lol........just buy putting seats in my boat....u would think i had keyed someones boat :rollside:

dossangers
08-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Well mixing DRAG and CIRCLE parts does get people a little EDGY you have to stay true to the brand and you know us circle boat owners are REAL arrogant!!!!!!! LMAO AND LOL!!! :cool: :cool:

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 04:06 PM
thanks dos........it would kill em if they knew i run stright most of the time and hardly any left turns lmao!!!!!!! besides.....never knew there were such things as circle boat seats till i got the so called drag boat seats......... ;)

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 07:50 PM
it would kill em if they knew i run stright most of the time and hardly any left turns lmao!!!!!!!
Kill who?????????????, please let us know what happens when you take a hop and you bounce out of the seat and your feet comes off the pedals and lose power and you fall into a hole and chine it and go on your ass!. And as you say "lmao"!.. :rolleyes: :D

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
i like mags no electronics to drain the batt and less shit hang'in around!
Right on the money Wayne!.. ;)

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 08:09 PM
art.....what the hell do u care?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Biez, your missin half the fun....START TURNIN THAT THING :D :D :D

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 08:12 PM
art.....what the hell do u care?
If you don't I sure as hell don't!..

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 08:12 PM
;) ;) ;) i do jerrry i do.......just trying to get a few licks in lol

olbiezer
08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
just dawned on me dave and the others that were talking about working the valves......u are right there, it would have been a good way if we had remembered to do that lol thanks guys