PDA

View Full Version : Who bought it this time????

72 superlite
08-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Anybody know who bought the Cheyenne Hydro that was on dragboats.com? The unrigged one in primer, I mean. That poor boat is on its 8th or 9th owner.

Sanger D
08-06-2005, 03:21 PM
MY neighbor !!! I,m meeting the guy in the morning to pick it up!!! my buddys out of town so I,m gonna meet him instead, got it for 2500 bucks and a BUNCH of other parts!!!

Sanger D
08-06-2005, 03:24 PM
I hope this is not a POS ,bobby will be bummed!!! they guy said he was the origenal owner,hope he,s not gettin screwwed

72 superlite
08-06-2005, 04:03 PM
sent you a PM, might want to get a cup of coffee, and a note pad.

RaysonKid
08-06-2005, 04:14 PM
You mean my old Hydro.
That I put in primer (epoxy) and worked on the floor at the rear?
Should be the outboard steering setup for it.
And the red tandem axle hydro trailer that I bought from the guy that owned the '' Yikes" Hydro racing team.
Did you give him the whole history Rick???
Hope it finally gets put together. I can confirm its never been in the water.

Sanger D
08-06-2005, 04:56 PM
thanks for the pm , so it sound s like the hull should be plenty strong for a mild motor in a conservative set up!!I think its gonna get rigged and then he,ll play with it and then aventually sold (for a good fair price), at least it won,t end up in a trash heap!!! :smile: just something to mess around with, the guy said it has a bunch of parts to go with it!!!

Sanger D
08-07-2005, 02:39 PM
hey rayson kid,we do have that boat,it came this morning!! the title on the trailer and boat say a victor steele??????????? ever heard of em? and the boat seems to be in pretty good shape, should be intresting,oh the titles are from WASHINGTON,is that where your from?

RaysonKid
08-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Sanger D,
We are in Wa. and the boat is from Wa.
I dont know how much Rick (72 superlite) told you.
Our Dad use to deal Sanger and Cheyenne boats.
The hydro that you guys now have has really been around.
Its been in Tacoma and Port Angeles were it set out side by a trucking co. for a long time. When I bought the hydro. It was from a kid that was in the Coast Guard and was station out in Neah Bay. I brought it back to Tacoma and started working on it. I sanded off all the old graphics (factory) it was originally white with red and blue graphics. It was all badly faded and checked.
I then sprayed the epoxy primer thats on it now and started chasing down parts.
I got the outboard steering from a guy in South Dakota.
I sold the boat or gave it to a friend that I owed some money to. He is in Graham, WA. He had the boat for 2 or 3 years.
He sold it to someone and last I heard about it was when it was on E-bay awhile back. I believethe guy that was selling it then lived in University Place, WA.
I have no idea who Victor Steele is. The guy I bought the trailer from lives in Vancover , Wa.
I never titled the boat or trailer while I had it.
Did you get the original sales receipt made out to Puget Sound Dragboats?
That was our Dads business.
I am still trying to find some old pictures of that hydro when it was new and shiney.
It sure needs someone to finally put it together and enjoy it.

RaysonKid
08-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Heres a picture of the hydro from around 1982
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/269cheyennehydro1.jpg
Another from rear
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/269cheyennehydr02.jpg

RaysonKid
08-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Heres one when we brought it home from Heah bay.
Yes, Its sitting on a car trailer. I didnt have the hydro trailer yet.
I think this is also the closest its been to water.... :wink:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/269cheyennehydro3.jpg
And heres one after I finished sanding it down. Before the primer was shot.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/269cheyennehydro4.jpg

72 superlite
08-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Victor Steele is the guy who bought it from the guy who bought it from raysonkid( you should really change your name to Ski Supreme kid ). He was the one who tried to sell it on ebay a month or so ago. He is in University Place, Wa.

RaysonKid
08-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks Rick,
Aren't you suppose to be out on Alder Lake with your boat?
Lay off the Skii Supreme... Its a good family boat and has beer holders.

72 superlite
08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Couldn't make Alder today, up all night with sick Nick. :sleeping: might be done for the year.

Sanger D
08-07-2005, 08:08 PM
thanks you guys for all the history!!maybe this time it will finally get to go on the water!!! :D

08-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Heres one when we brought it home from Heah bay.
Yes, Its sitting on a car trailer. I didnt have the hydro trailer yet.
I think this is also the closest its been to water.... :wink:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/269cheyennehydro3.jpg
And heres one after I finished sanding it down. Before the primer was shot.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/269cheyennehydro4.jpgJeff, that looks like Lake Cresent in the background...is it?

RaysonKid
08-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Jeff, that looks like Lake Cresent in the background...is it?
Ready to sell your Hondo yet??? :idea:

meaniam
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
that is funny a boat having that much history. and being able to find it. what state is this in now

72 superlite
08-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Bob, I went by Lake Crescent yesterday, 15 miles long, 2 boats and a kayak out there. Busy day on that lake!! Bring a boat up , lets go boating.

08-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Bob, I went by Lake Crescent yesterday, 15 miles long, 2 boats and a kayak out there. Busy day on that lake!! Bring a boat up , lets go boating.I'd love to slide a boat into that water but I'm afraid if I did I'd never come home :D Hey, whats this I hear you are done for the season? Its only mid August and you are ready to garage the boat? You ain't that far north. :confused: :hammer2:

72 superlite
08-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Bob, with real estate prices in the bay area, you could sell your place and come up here and buy half the lake. So what are you waiting for? I might be done for the year, haven't broke anything so I'm ahead. Can hardly afford to put gas in the thing. Good thing its a hybrid, paddle and engine.

08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Bob, with real estate prices in the bay area, you could sell your place and come up here and buy half the lake. So what are you waiting for? I might be done for the year, haven't broke anything so I'm ahead. Can hardly afford to put gas in the thing. Good thing its a hybrid, paddle and engine.
Thats a tempting thought...Ya think I could get that lodge thats on the lake too? :D

RaysonKid
08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
This is starting to sound like that movie... The Great Outdoors.

72 superlite
08-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Thats a tempting thought...Ya think I could get that lodge thats on the lake too? :D
Sure , but you better hurry. I went by the lake on thursday and there were 4 boats, 2 kayaks and 2 air mattresses. They must have seen my post. So get up here before more find out. Oh, did I mention that it was "flatbottom water" from one end to the other. I'll meet you at the launch ramp at said lodge. What day should we shoot for. ;) ;) ;)

08-14-2005, 10:08 AM
What???? No jetskis??? That must be heaven. I'm on my way :D

72 superlite
08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Personal watercraft are ILLEGAL on Crescent Lake, have been for a few years now. How do you like that???!!!

08-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Personal watercraft are ILLEGAL on Crescent Lake, have been for a few years now. How do you like that???!!!I love it.....How'd they do that? Maybe we should take lessons from you guys.