PDA

View Full Version : Koshkonong Speed Runs August Sat 20th

sleekcrafter
08-06-2005, 08:00 PM
All right you midwest lurkers, heres your chance to kick some whacker butt, Should be a good turn out. Stay after after the races, for the Bikini contest, as the Gravity disappears and the tops fly off.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7363Firewater2005PostFORUM.jpg

P-Money
08-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Well be there in this:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/540DSC00732.JPG

sleekcrafter
08-13-2005, 07:11 AM
My Southwind is not race ready yet, need saftey equipment still. not sure if we are taking it, because were not competing, and don't want hassled for OT headers. Ant which way we will be there, with Sweetwater pontoon, Mastercraft prostar 205, HTM 24SS, and an Awsome Cat, and maybe a Southwind Tunnel Dragster. I think Carlson Jet (Rob)is going too, have not heard. See you there, and by the way nice ride!! :rollside:

P-Money
08-13-2005, 08:17 AM
If the cops think you are racing, they will leave you alone. We've ran boats with zoomies and had no problems. I'm not racing that tub.
Flattie will be there with the Shawano crew. I wouldn't worry about noise at all.
Should be a decent turnout.

kphayes
08-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Some how I manage to screw something up every year we go up there. 1st year races were postpond til Sunday because of wind. 2nd year I sheered one of my drive shafts and last year the water was so low that when we were launching my triple axle trailer dropped off the ramp and trashed the chrome fender wells. :mad: What will I do this year?
Kyle

P-Money
08-13-2005, 11:04 AM
FYI: Water is very low again this year (big shocker). We've been launching over at the Anchor Inn, which is about the nicest place. No problems, but then again I'm not floating a big tunnel either.

CARLSON-JET
08-13-2005, 05:33 PM
I'll be there, this is kind of exciting to me as it's a local thing with mixed company. Looking foward to meeting you P-Money. Sleek, bring the damn SWTD ready or not ... I'm sure you can wring her out. Kyle, where ya been mang?? haven't seen you out at the Island lately. After the runs I'm gonna try to make it back to miniola bay fire works. anybody else gonna try to hit it up?? R.B.

maxwedge
08-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey this sounds kinda cool. I was thinking about maybe taking the boat somewhere different next weekend. I think that lake is only about three hours away from me here in central IL. Don't think I'll be winning any races in my Sidewinder, but I would love to watch. Are there Campgounds or hotels nearby?

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Maxwedge, yes on both campgrounds and hotels. the east side of the lake, Fort Atikinson, and the west side is Newville and Milton on the south side of the lake.
Camping found on all sides of the lake
http://www.lake-link.com/images/lakes/arial/koshkonong_wi.jpg

maxwedge
08-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Sweet! I'm going to try and make it, if I'm not working.

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I'll be there, this is kind of exciting to me as it's a local thing with mixed company. Looking foward to meeting you P-Money. Sleek, bring the damn SWTD ready or not ... I'm sure you can wring her out. Kyle, where ya been mang?? haven't seen you out at the Island lately. After the runs I'm gonna try to make it back to miniola bay fire works. anybody else gonna try to hit it up?? R.B.
C-JET, I'll be there and will probly be staying there on North Shore, my buddy has a cabin there. If the Southwind goes, I'll be launching from Blackhawk Island, so I don't run out of fuel :devil: If not we will launch on the other side of the lake by I-90 at the Anchor Inn.

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 09:05 AM
C-JET, I'll be there and will probly be staying there on North Shore, my buddy has a cabin there. If the Southwind goes, I'll be launching from Blackhawk Island, so I don't run out of fuel :devil: If not we will launch on the other side of the lake by I-90 at the Anchor Inn.
sleek

P-Money
08-14-2005, 01:09 PM
We're goona launch at the Anchor Inn, then stay at my in-laws. There about 5 miles off the lake. We'll be hanging out at the Anchor afterwards, they usually have a band going.

sleekcrafter
08-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Well the cabin is out, so plan B...launch at the Anchor Inn across the lake :220v: see you there!!

flattie
08-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Were bringing 7 to 8 boats. I think only 3 of them wil race not sure if Im going to my gf got in a bad bike accident & is in a comma not really to excited to go fast this weekend but I might air it out once for ya!

flattie
08-15-2005, 07:33 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/709417IMG_5381.jpg

kphayes
08-18-2005, 09:38 AM
FYI: Water is very low again this year (big shocker). We've been launching over at the Anchor Inn, which is about the nicest place. No problems, but then again I'm not floating a big tunnel either.
That's where I launched from last year and the trailer dropped off. I will admit, it is the best launch. Just not for a tripple axle with a low water level. I think if I payed attention I would be alright. I just thought the ramp was longer then it was.

kphayes
08-18-2005, 09:44 AM
We haven't been for the last 4 weeks. Kinda sucks, paying all that money for a slip and not using it. We were in LOTO for one of them and the other 3 have been because of questionable weather. We were going to go out to the Island this Thursday but, the weather that looks likes going to roll in late Thursday doesn't look promising. When I launch on Thursday the boat stays in the water, in my slip, @ Inland Harbor until Sunday. I think I'm going to keep it in storage until Sat. and pull it out for the fireworks and Petite partying on Sunday.
We will see you out there.
Kyle

toleson1
09-03-2005, 01:53 PM
For those that didn't make it to firewater you can check it out at:
Firewater Races (http://www.racine-extreme.com/firewater_speed_runs_bikini_bash.htm)
Firewater Bikini Bash (http://www.racine-extreme.com/firewater_bikini_bash_2005.htm)