PDA

View Full Version : No wake zone on river OK'd

liftedtacoma4x
05-05-2006, 05:13 AM
http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2006/05/05/news/news01.txt

KLEPTOW
05-05-2006, 05:44 AM
I wonder how many accidents this great idea will create.

havaduner
05-05-2006, 05:56 AM
I wonder how many accidents this great idea will create.
So.....
does this mean that they will set the bouys, and then for the first season till everybody knows it's there, they'll have a traffic cop nearby making sure the rulles are adhered too???

UncleLarry
05-05-2006, 05:59 AM
It means the buoy's are up .. And as a good boater you will follow the rules.
No difference then when they put a new stop sign or stop light on a road.
This should not be a big deal unless you decide to make it one.

havaduner
05-05-2006, 06:06 AM
No big deal to me...

Hustler
05-05-2006, 06:20 AM
This will only make the water conditions worse in that area. The roughest part in Laughlin is right in front of Harrahs where they a "no wake zone"
This is some thing that worries me also.....
"And loud boats are not permitted to operate on any area of the Havasu National Wildlife Refuge."

KLEPTOW
05-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Tell this to the first guy that Sinks his boat because he had to stop-in 3ft of chop.

mbrown2
05-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Its too bad, but only 7-10 years ago, this area was rarely traveled...now with the large migration to the sandbar away from other spots and the daily weekend treks to Moabi, boats race regularly through the gorge....figured it was only a matter of time...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Which part if the Devil's Elbow?

andy01
05-05-2006, 06:34 AM
I think it isn't a bad idea at all. In fact for the "it's going to be rough and I can't stop croud" I would say if you don't boat to Catalina then you won't go through there if you know it is going to be that bad. As for the noise, that is no big deal either. I say they won't have a cop there and the only thing that will be different is slowing down then taking off again. People will bitch if there is something to bitch about.
Andy

Hustler
05-05-2006, 06:43 AM
I think it isn't a bad idea at all. In fact for the "it's going to be rough and I can't stop croud" I would say if you don't boat to Catalina then you won't go through there if you know it is going to be that bad. As for the noise, that is no big deal either. I say they won't have a cop there and the only thing that will be different is slowing down then taking off again. People will bitch if there is something to bitch about.
Andy
If you think it's rough now it will 10 times rougher with boats coming off plane and getting back on plane in that area.

steve d
05-05-2006, 07:01 AM
Its too bad, but only 7-10 years ago, this area was rarely traveled...now with the large migration to the sandbar away from other spots and the daily weekend treks to Moabi, boats race regularly through the gorge....figured it was only a matter of time...
Yep....and 25yrs ago the sandbar only had 3 reeds sticking up...heaven