08-07-2005, 10:09 AM
...belong in the Hall of Fame?
msn is taking votes.
62% say no
38% say yes
I voted yes............. :idea:

Boatcop
08-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Here's a guy who, in March, testified in Congress that he had never used steroids. Now he gets popped for a steroid, not found in "nutritional Supplements".
Several years ago he was just a mid-talent player, knocking 8 or 9 homers a year. Mediocre at best.
Then, the season after he met and started hanging out with Jose Canseco, he's dinging 30 or more a year. Coincidence? I think Canseco was doing more than just giving Ralphie a few tips on his swing.

Charley
08-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Absolutely YES

ratso
08-07-2005, 11:16 AM
I know a lot of people will disagree, but as a professional athlete, I feel they should be able to use whatever they choose to enhance their performance...You can buy the juice over the counter in Mexico, but in the US you can't use it because a few people decided to make it illegal...

Boatcop
08-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Tell that to John Matuszak and Lyle Alzado.
Oh. You can't. They're dead, as a result of complications from steroid use.

ratso
08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Tell that to John Matuszak and Lyle Alzado.
Oh. You can't. They're dead, as a result of complications from steroid use.
...right, but that was their choice, like smoking and drinking, which kills even more people. I repect everyones opinion, that just so happens to be mine. :D

ratso
08-07-2005, 11:35 AM
BTW Boatcop, how do you like your weekends off??? :D

ratso
08-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Oh, and a BTW, FYI, FWIW, Ryan Franklin of the Seattle Mariners was suspended for 10 days the day after Palmeiro. He is the losingest pitcher in MLB over the last two seasons. Nice work steroids.
lmao................. Remind me to never get into a sports debate with you. :hammer2:

HOSS
08-07-2005, 05:19 PM
:boxingguy 8years of forgetting,,no phucin way,,,ask Pete Rose what 8 years did for him and forgetting.
On steroid use I stand that it stays illegal. Kids as well as adults look up to sports figures. Natural ability makes a standout pro. NOT CHEMICALS. If it were legal then the only level feild would be mandatory taking them.
If you think they should be legal or its usage condoned,,,,PHUC YU

BoatFloating
08-07-2005, 06:09 PM
So he cheats and should be in the hall of fame.... :confused: Pete Rose breaks the rules and can't be in the hall of fame.... :cool: Bottom line is Rafael Palmeiro is a cheater and a even worse liar and I hope he faces charges for lying under oath and shaking he's finger at Congress and saying in a stern voice "I've never done steriods" :eat: ....

plaster dave
08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
My vote would still be yes cause steroids only helps with his recovery not his talent.
If every athlete was tested for steroids every body would be so suprised at the out come.

*BN*
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Conseco has already admitted to taking steroids in 1988. He also has stated that he injected Palcheater.
Palmero should never be considered for the hall, he not only cheated he has broken the law of the land by taking illegal substances and by committing perjury in front of congress.
Are you aware that he has asked the player union to file a lawsuit against baseball because baseball released the name of the DRUG he took. Now isn't that a crock of $HIT..... F...Palmero friggin cheater! You know why he is upset the name was released, because it blows another LIE...."unintentional". That drug is taken intentionally!.

plaster dave
08-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Conseco has already admitted to taking steroids in 1988. He also has stated that he injected Palcheater.
Palmero should never be considered for the hall, he not only cheated he has broken the law of the land by taking illegal substances and by committing perjury in front of congress.
Are you aware that he has asked the player union to file a lawsuit against baseball because baseball released the name of the DRUG he took. Now isn't that a crock of $HIT..... F...Palmero friggin cheater!
That is a bunch of crap so if you smoked pot you cant be in the hall of fame cause it is illegal. What about athletes that drank during probition should they be throw out?
If I am correct winstal is a cutting steriod not for power so is that different?

HOSS
08-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Winstral V or commonly known as V-cut. Does cut but also is a very potent strencth enhancer. The cleanest steriod you can get.

ZZ-Man
08-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I still would like to see any ball player make it that earned the right. Anyone who can hit a 90 mph ball and accomplish Rafys 20 years is not normal anymore. Steroids are wrong and I would not be proud of my son if he were to use them and be very dissappointed in him as well. On the other hand if he did'nt use them intentienally it is very unfortunate. He probably won't be going in to the hall of fame. Just like Pete Rose who was one of the all time great players got blackballed for something he did as a manager not a player. The league right now is trying to make a statement it seems like. Maybe some one put something in his drink or food, whatever the case may be he was busted. Just my .02

coolchange
08-07-2005, 08:15 PM
NO
Rules are rules. Doesn't matter if its pot or whatever.
If I'm runnin a gas class and I "tip the can" is that ok? Some might say its only cheatin if you're caught. UP AGAINST THE WALL MOFO!
How much college level use is there? Do they have to to compete for the scouts? High School? Does my kid have to compete with kids juicin in high school? .300 hitter with 19 stolen bases all position player and he gets over looked cause some LeeRoid can ding it 400 feet? F that.

C-2
08-07-2005, 08:31 PM
NO!!!
"Never intentionally" - yeah, tell that to the cops when you're busted for speed.

Woodster
08-07-2005, 08:38 PM
No offense, but your baseball knowledge, or lack thereof, or hatred of anybody that has taken steroids has clouded your judgement. Rafael Palmeiro was never a mid level talent. That's like calling Secretariat a kid's birthday party pony. Rafael Palmeiro was a highly touted baseball player that went to Miss St and won a college World Series. He was drafted #22 overall in the 1st round of the 1985 amateur draft. Before that he was drafted in the 8th round out of high school by the Yankees, but did not sign. That's extremely high for a high school kid that had already committed to Miss State.
He will retire with 3000+ hits and, likely, 625+ HRs. He hit 14 HRs in 221 ABs in his first real test with the Cubs in 1987. Palmeiro is a dead pull hitter, even today after 19 seasons in the majors. It always takes those guy more time to adjust to ML pitching than guys that are capable of using the whole field. When pitchers learned that he had power, they were able to pitch him away early in his career until he learned to handle that pitch. Palmeiro has ALWAYS had power, in high school and college, it's not steroids that enables a guy to hit 600 HRs in his career. By the time Palmeiro retires, he will likely be 5th all time in HRs, 5th or 6th in doubles and 5th or 6th all time in RBIs, which is incredible for a guy that is a career .290 hitter and has never won an MVP.
Diminishing his accomplishments over a nearly 20 year career by attributing his success to steroids in ridiculous. Take all the steroids you want, I'd be surprised if you could hit one ball over the fence. Rafael Palmeiro is not a big guy, I've stood next to him and I'm probably 2" taller and 20 pounds heavier. Baseball is not about big. Palmeiro has almost 600 HRs because he has a command of the strike zone (1300 Ks in over 10000 ABs, only 3 seasons with more than 100 Ks) and because he has exceptional bat speed. He has also been extremely durable, which is likely what the steroids aided with more than anything, missing only about 50 teams games in 20 years (including this season, but not counting his suspension). Let's not kids ourselves or anybody else, Palmeiro was a can't miss kid that didn't, hardly a mid level talent.
As for my vote, if I had one, it would be yes. Luckily, for Mr. Palmeiro, baseball has a five year cooling off period after he retires. He'll need to play for another three season, amass some more numbers and that will put 8 years between today and his first ballot. People forget a lot of things in 8 years.
Very good post and I couldnt agree more..Sterioids does not help your hand/eye coordination. Do you guys think Bonds wiill be held out of the HAll of Fame? Hell no he wont

plaster dave
08-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Winstral V or commonly known as V-cut. Does cut but also is a very potent strencth enhancer. The cleanest steriod you can get.
Thanks for the Clarification on that.

THOR
08-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Uh, first Winstrol is also a strength builder which rebuilds muscle among the fastest, lets not forget that.
Many of you are forgetting what also gets you in the Hall of Fame. Being an exceptional player is first and foremost which Raffy is and was, but defaming and embarassing the game should keep him out. He has severely compromised the integrity of the game and should pay for it. That is reason one.
Reason two is his judge of character. Not many know by Raffy personally handed Clinton a letter asking, in fact begging for the United States Government to get his family out of Cuba. Guess what, it happened. Thanks USA. Now he slaps the Government in the face by lying under oath to Congress. What a pile of S HIT he is in my opinion.
Third, how the hell do you no know when someone has stuck you with a needle? He has lied to all of the fans now to. F^&* Raffy and the Cuban horse he road in on.
This is just my opinion.

*BN*
08-08-2005, 08:45 AM
That is a bunch of crap so if you smoked pot you cant be in the hall of fame cause it is illegal. What about athletes that drank during probition should they be throw out?
If I am correct winstal is a cutting steriod not for power so is that different?
Pull your head out your A$$, I wonder why you didn't say that everbody in the hall that has driven over the speed limit should be thrown out.
He lied to congress FELONY, taking steroids FELONY, he is a cheater NO HALL!
Do some research winstal is one odf the most powerfull roids out there. The first notable athelete to use it that got caught was Ben Johnson the 100 meter sprinter who shattered the record....YA THATS RIGHT HE JUST WANTED TO LOOK CUT UP! Winstal is also used on horses, ya I guess it is a diet drug. PD get a clue!

*BN*
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Very good post and I couldnt agree more..Sterioids does not help your hand/eye coordination. Do you guys think Bonds wiill be held out of the HAll of Fame? Hell no he wont
You guys are wrong on this, STEROIDS does enhance EYE SIGHT.
I'm no doctor but wife has MS and has been on steroids on and off for 15 years when attacks occur. One of the symptoms of MS is eye sight issue, steroids do help.
It has also been reported by many in the sports world that the roids do help eye sight. Just do a goggle and be informed.
Steroids also will increase coordination due to stamina. A normal player will get tired as the season progresses and the coordination will drop off due to lack of strength. YOU EVER GET TIRED? Steroids will increase recovery and stamina that will better coordination.
ROIDS HELP A PLAYER IN EVERY ASPECT OF SPORT JUST LIKE IT HELPS A MS PATIENT THAT BECOMES WEAKER AND WEAKER DUE TO MUSCLE DETERIORATION!

HOSS
08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Pull your head out your A$$, I wonder why you didn't say that everbody in the hall that has driven over the speed limit should be thrown out.
He lied to congress FELONY, taking steroids FELONY, he is a cheater NO HALL!
Do some research winstal is one odf the most powerfull roids out there. The first notable athelete to use it that got caught was Ben Johnson the 100 meter sprinter who shattered the record....YA THATS RIGHT HE JUST WANTED TO LOOK CUT UP! Winstal is also used on horses, ya I guess it is a diet drug. PD get a clue!
Horses is what V-cut is made for specifically.