PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Kurtis $4000 Reward

BA Kurtis
08-07-2005, 12:12 PM
My boat was stolen from Four Feathers storage at Big River between July ninth and August seventh. Description Kurtis runner bottom orange paint race # 924 on sides name Born Again, Blown carbarated 502 chevy, Menkens V-Drive. On matching trailer orange with chrome fenders. Unable to post pics I can e-mail some to someone who can post pics for me. Thanks for any help on this guys, I think I am going to go throw up now.
REWARD IS UP TO $4000 FOR INFO LEADING TO ARREST CALL ANONYMOUS# 866-HAVE TIP

ssmike
08-07-2005, 12:49 PM
email me vdriver@yahoo.com your pics
sorry to hear that. F those theives

dmontzsta
08-07-2005, 12:50 PM
This really bothers me...please post the pics ASAP, you would be surprised how word spreads through the ***boat community.
Was there a lock on the trailer?

Sanger D
08-07-2005, 02:22 PM
AH SHIT :mad: :mad: :mad: , I am so sorry to hear this!! I have a picture disc from fathers day and it has pictures of your boat but I can,t download them, gofast has it too,maybe he can post em, ..........................everyone else can look in hot boat magazine and see a picture of itits here some where and we,ll all keep a look out for parts being sold!!!! SOB,s,,,I know your a honest Christian man and I can,t see this happening to you, you and your wife where awesome to know at big river on fathers day!!!It,ll show up bro!!!give us as many details as possible!!!

BA Kurtis
08-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks D I did forget to mention the boat is in yhe July issue of Hot boat. If any one can post pics from fathers day at big river I would appreciate it.

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 02:37 PM
just looked up the july issue.......man that is one heck of a boat bro..........hope u get it back soon and all together.....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1789Picture183.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1789morepics003.jpg

river redy
08-07-2005, 02:37 PM
i was at br last weekend and did not see nothing, i have a 1992 kurtis runner bottom and i know how you must feel :cry: :(

olbiezer
08-07-2005, 03:24 PM
pics are up of stollen boat..........bump

BA Kurtis
08-07-2005, 03:34 PM
pics are up of stollen boat..........bump
Thanks alot, we can work together and maybey catch these F*#*KIN SCUM BAGS before this tradgity happens to any one else. If anyone has any info call me at 951 7123704.

dmontzsta
08-07-2005, 03:54 PM
What a beautiful boat, the pics in ***boat do it no justice. I am definately going to keep my eyes peeled, I will be in Laughlin and Needles next weekend...if I see it, I will let nature take its course.

Fiat48
08-07-2005, 04:00 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wsuwrhr
08-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Why the long time frame?
The boat storage yard didn't notice it missing? How does a boat like that leave the yard and noone sees a thing?
Im sorry to hear.
You said it had a Menkins Vdrive in it? A billet V-drive? If it is, I am sure Tom has serial numbers on all his drives, so if it ever shows up for service......maybe you can make a personal delivery.
wsu storesallhistoyswhereIcanseethemnomatterwhattheylo oklike wrhr

BA Kurtis
08-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Why the long time frame?
The boat storage yard didn't notice it missing? How does a boat like that leave the yard and noone sees a thing?
Im sorry to hear.
You said it had a Menkins Vdrive in it? A billet V-drive? If it is, I am sure Tom has serial numbers on all his drives, so if it ever shows up for service......maybe you can make a personal delivery.
wsu storesallhistoyswhereIcanseethemnomatterwhattheylo oklike wrhr
The last time I was ther was July ninth and left it locked up inside, my partner went down this week end opened the garage and called me with the bad news :mad: There is a office but never anyone in it (easy in and out). no v-drive is not billit its an older one 1978 but yet bran new everything was, first season out after restoration.

ssmike
08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Here's your pics........this sucks big time man.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41101_0067.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41101_0068.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41101_0069.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41101_0070.JPG

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
08-07-2005, 05:07 PM
wow pretty boat.....im sure the parts or boat wont get to far.

ssmike
08-07-2005, 05:07 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41more.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41more-1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41Picture.jpg
We should all be on the lookout for these motor parts being sold off..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GofastRacer
08-07-2005, 08:10 PM
My boat was stolen from Four Feathers storage at Big River between July ninth and now. Description Kurtis runner bottom orange paint race # 924 on sides name Born Again, Blown carbarated 502 chevy, Menkens V-Drive. On matching trailer orange with chrome fenders. Unable to post pics I can e-mail some to someone who can post pics for me. Thanks for any help on this guys, I think I am going to go throw up now.
So sorry to hear that bud that sucks, I'll sure keep an eye out for it here!.. :mad:

ColeTR2
08-08-2005, 07:13 AM
That SUCKS!! I will put the word out around Parker.

LakesOnly
08-08-2005, 07:44 AM
I tell ya, man, this type of SH*T going on just sickens me. F'in with another man's property. :mad:
If I saw somebody keying the car of someone I hate, I would waste the person keying the car. But this type of crap...stealing a boat...ARRRRGH! :mad:
Good luck and I hope you get it all back.
LO

Cas
08-08-2005, 08:20 AM
I tell ya, man, this type of SH*T going on just sickens me. F'in with another man's property. :mad:
If I saw somebody keying the car of someone I hate, I would waste the person keying the car. But this type of crap...stealing a boat...ARRRRGH! :mad:
Good luck and I hope you get it all back.
LO
ditto that! Hearing this sh*t pisses me off to no end!

63stevens
08-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I just returned from Big River. BAKurtis shares a storage space with the yellow boat in one of the picutres from the boat show that was at Big River over fathers day. The owner (yellow boat) went up to the storage building on saturday morning to work on his boat and when he opened the unit the orange boat was gone. Neither one of them had been there within the last 3 weeks. He called bakurtis to see if had taken it home or put it somewhere else. Unfortunately neither circumstances had taken place. The cops were called but no one seems to know anything or seen anything. The interesting thing about the whole thing is that the unit was locked and the original lock was still on the unit. either it was accidently left unlocked or someone knows how to pick a lock. Anyway you look at it, it's a sad day in BAKurtis camp. My only hope is that those responsible will someday get caught and get their just reward.
The storage place has no camera's and anyone can drive in the gate. I guess we all will have to use more secure means to keep other's from obtaining those things that don't belong to them.

You Te
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
We should all be on the lookout for these motor parts being sold off..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I hear these guy's mostly want just the motor and or parts. :hammer2: :hammer2:

BA Kurtis
08-10-2005, 04:25 AM
I hear these guy's mostly want just the motor and or parts. :hammer2: :hammer2:
Yes there is a good chance just parts might come up for sale, I wil try to get some pics up on the inside of boat.

ColeTR2
08-10-2005, 09:12 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/738924sm.jpg
LetÂ’s help BA Kurtis out!! It's easy right mouse click on this and print it, Take a couple around and post them. I will post some around here in Parker. We need some up in Havasu, Needles and down in Blythe. Any volunteers?

Towndrunk
08-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear it BUT: That asshole is closer to you than might appear. Look close my friend.

Big Proppa
08-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Whats up towndrunk - Sounds like you know something -

BA Kurtis
08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Sorry to hear it BUT: That asshole is closer to you than might appear. Look close my friend.
I have been looking close and at every possible lead, if you know somthing give me a call. 9517123704.

BA Kurtis
08-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I think I need to clear the air here, if you are refering to the guy with the yellow boat that 63 Stevens mentioned, no way he is my best freind that I fully trust.

Towndrunk
08-17-2005, 06:55 AM
I hope you're right but never put your trust or all your money in one person. Finding people like this is lke snake hunting. Leave no stone unturned. That lock didn't fall open my friend. Yours was taken on purpose, remeber that.
Good luck
Towndrunk
PS: I'm not accusing anyone, just telling it like I see it.

Big Proppa
08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Do you have any leads at all - I look for it every day on the freeway thinking someone will f-up and try to move it

Towndrunk
08-17-2005, 04:55 PM
How about a vin number. I'd feel pretty silly knocking on the wrong head.

BA Kurtis
08-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Do you have any leads at all - I look for it every day on the freeway thinking someone will f-up and try to move it
Ya I have some leads check your pm

BA Kurtis
08-17-2005, 07:01 PM
How about a vin number. I'd feel pretty silly knocking on the wrong head.
Vin# FRKSR0350578, CF#9936GL, TRAILER VIN#GRO781159, LIC.#1HT2433

ColeTR2
08-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Ya I have some leads check your pm
glad to see you're making some progress

hbpdub
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that, I was down at fine design a couple of weeks ago talking to craig about your boat being in hot boat and how good the resto came out. Hope you get it back ... good luck

BA Kurtis
08-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that, I was down at fine design a couple of weeks ago talking to craig about your boat being in hot boat and how good the resto came out. Hope you get it back ... good luck
Thanks workin real hard to get it back, Craig is a good guy and did me right.

BA Kurtis
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
glad to see you're making some progress
Thanks Cole check your pm.

Carnivalride
08-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Sorry about your misfortune. :( :( Best of luck to you getting it back!
This is the stuff that scares me since I just finished mine. Its not insured and after fighting with the wife and streching the budget to rebuild it. :argue:

Roman 1
08-22-2005, 07:38 AM
I'll keep a look out too.
R1

BA Kurtis
08-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Update, just got back from Parker had alot of leads some good some bad, think I am getting close to finding out who did it gettig it narrowed down to a few scum bags instead of 100 of them. Boat was seen in Victorville just off the 15 frwy on Dale Evans Pkwy at a shell station at 2 am towed by a black 4x4 suberban late 80s model :mad: :mad: . The good news is at that time (2 wks ago) it was still all togather. So high desert people keep your eyes pealed it coud still be in the area. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moneypitt
08-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Doesn't the station have a security tape going at that hour?? Pretty bold to move a stolen boat at that hour, so long after it was taken......MP

BA Kurtis
08-22-2005, 07:46 PM
I am meeting with the manager to check tape, the boat could have been taken from big river that am or the night before we didnt discover it missing until the moning of the 6th.

Big Proppa
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
So F'n close bro - did the license plate turn up on the tape , It's just a matter of time before she is back in your garage- to be never left out of your site again I bet

Hot Rod Hallett
08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you to BA Kurtis. That has to be the worst feeling in the world not knowing who has your boat or what the bastards are doing to it. I hope you find it and in the same shape.

BA Kurtis
08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
So F'n close bro - did the license plate turn up on the tape , It's just a matter of time before she is back in your garage- to be never left out of your site again I bet
No license plate :mad: thanks for encouraging words and ya if I get it back its either locked to my truck or locked in my garage NO more storage for me.

BA Kurtis
08-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you to BA Kurtis. That has to be the worst feeling in the world not knowing who has your boat or what the bastards are doing to it. I hope you find it and in the same shape.
Thanks hallet, ya it is the sickest felling I have ever felt, and that is exactly what I think about 24-7.

Sherpa
08-30-2005, 09:51 AM
BA Kurtis,
This whole thing just makes a guy sick to his stomach.... I really hope you
get your ride back, and hopefully it's still all there........... that boat is just
georgous..-sp?
I've kept my eyes open in the bay area for ya............ I did pick up a
heavy equip truck trader book yesterday, and there was a flat on a trailer,
no motor, hull was primered, and the guy was looking for tools in trade.
the book is in my truck, I'll try and post the # after lunch.......
--Sherpa

victorfb
08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I think I need to clear the air here, if you are refering to the guy with the yellow boat that 63 Stevens mentioned, no way he is my best freind that I fully trust.
trust noone at this point. a little story: as a kid i got a real nice BMX bicycle, a good friend says lets go play vidio games at the arcade. as we play i say i want to go check on our bikes that were locked up with a his monster lock and cable. he keeps saying no let just play a couple more games. after a few more minutes he suddenly says, "ok lets go" , we go out and my bike was gone and his (even better bike) was still there with his lock sittin next to it. i was devistated. it took about a week before a guy comes to me and says it was a set up and knows the guy who stole it. i never got it back and never hung out with my so called friend. so id say trust noone. a so called friend, the security, and anyone else you think may not have anything to do with the theft are ALL suspects and SHOULD be looked into.
i really do hope you get her back and in the same shape. but we all know that its most likely a bare hull by now. keep searching for this rat bastard who stole it and apply some good ole country justice on him first before you call the authorities.

BA Kurtis
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
trust noone at this point. a little story: as a kid i got a real nice BMX bicycle, a good friend says lets go play vidio games at the arcade. as we play i say i want to go check on our bikes that were locked up with a his monster lock and cable. he keeps saying no let just play a couple more games. after a few more minutes he suddenly says, "ok lets go" , we go out and my bike was gone and his (even better bike) was still there with his lock sittin next to it. i was devistated. it took about a week before a guy comes to me and says it was a set up and knows the guy who stole it. i never got it back and never hung out with my so called friend. so id say trust noone. a so called friend, the security, and anyone else you think may not have anything to do with the theft are ALL suspects and SHOULD be looked into.
i really do hope you get her back and in the same shape. but we all know that its most likely a bare hull by now. keep searching for this rat bastard who stole it and apply some good ole country justice on him first before you call the authorities.
We are not kids anymore, me and my buddy you are refering too are 50 yrs. old and I think by now I should know who I can trust, right now I dont trust too many people but he is definetly one that I do. I apprecaite the concern but this is not an option.

INEEDAV
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I keep hoping to see you post that you found the boat.

Fiat48
08-30-2005, 07:22 PM
me too.

GofastRacer
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah same here!..

pebo
08-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by victorfb
We are not kids anymore, me and my buddy you are refering too are 50 yrs. old and I think by now I should know who I can trust, right now I dont trust too many people but he is definetly one that I do. I apprecaite the concern but this is not an option.
So i guess i better chime in here to defend myself. I own the yellow flattie that was left behind. No I don't think I'm a suspect. Gee lets see Dan and and I built both boats together, we live about two miles from each other and we are related. So lets look out for the real bad guys. :burningm:
And by the way thanks Dan for defending us old guys
:D

BA Kurtis
08-31-2005, 05:30 PM
I keep hoping to see you post that you found the boat.
Believe me if I find it every one here will know, but for now lets keep looking. Thank to everyone for your support :D

GofastRacer
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Well I been watching closely out here, haven't seen anything yet not even parts, but if I do you'll here about it right away!..

victorfb
08-31-2005, 09:04 PM
i only used the childhood analogy because of the similiarity. one boat taken but not the other. no, we are not kids any longer and i guess i am just too damn trusting but even adults have screwed me over aswell. as im sure with most everyone. but my point was not to suspect pebo, but rather to not automaticly discount everyone you think you may trust. i apologize to you pebo and to both of you for the way i posted, i should have made it more clear. i am almost as sickened by this as you both must be. i just dont want you to overlook a possible lead. the thieves must have known what was inside and had a plan, so it makes me wonder why they didnt plan to steal both boats. kinda like a guy robbing a 7-11 and saying just give me half of whats in the register. think back to whoem may have known both your schedules and plans to visit the storage facility. who had access to the facilty (assuming its a gated facilty). who had access to the key. so many things to think about, and its tough when your upset. im sure you have thought about everything, but sometimes we just miss that one factor and say later "damn, i didnt even think of that". i am just one of many that wish you get your boat back, wether the thieves are caught or not. (obviously better if caught) and i hope its soon. i know id be going nuts. good luck to you man, seriously...

CircleJerk
08-31-2005, 10:21 PM
We are watching up here!

BA Kurtis
09-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Hey Pebo check your pm :coffeycup

BA Kurtis
09-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I have gotten several calls on a primered black blown t- deck runner bottom running in Blythe, sounds suspicious so I went and checked it out not mine, its a Cole and its real nice just needs paint, anyway thanks to you guys that called.

ColeTR2
09-06-2005, 09:05 PM
not mine
:( we well keep looking

BA Kurtis
09-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Well things have seemed kind of quiet latley, I have been working on a few things, if the boat is still togather there is a possibility it could be painted red and located in Hesperia, Victorville area. If not still togather be on the look out for parts I will try to get some pic's up. rail kit and all mounting hardware is powder coated purple, polished menkins v-drive w/wirlaway 26 gears, Rex marine billit cav. peddle and locker, 502 chevy, weiand 250 blower w/superchiller, 750 carb shop holleys, dooly scoop and pan. I have been :hammerhea

Lake Ape
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Was anyone up at Apache Lake in Arizona this weekend? There was a very, very similar looking trailer parked up at the Burnt Corral (not sure this is the correct name, the northern most ramp) ramp. I thought it was strange that such a nice trailer was sitting without a truck there, althought I'm not sure if it was his trailer but it had the same rims and was orange with chrome fenders. I called and told the guy on the poster. I will drive up there tonight if I can.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2219Apache.jpg
It's probably not it since it's so far away but it's worth a shot...

Hallett
09-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I hope this is a good lead im reading. i have
been looking here in havasu. try to post
moor pic's if you have them. don't give
up. somthing will show up it's just a matter
of time.

Kurtis500
09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Lake Ape, I was at Burnt Corral for a week until last Monday Labor Day. I assume you are talking over this past weekend? The 9th? I didnt see anything there the labor day week. I was looking too.
Also, there is only one concrete ramp at Burnt Corral. And its the only one with a parking lot. Let me know if you make it up there.

ColeTR2
09-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Is there a ranger or law-enforcement that can look?

BA Kurtis
09-14-2005, 07:33 PM
The day it was seen there was 9/10 in the pm. I did contact Tempe and Phoenix pd also park ranger, they were all on it today but I havnt heard anything, I think this is a good lead and alot of you guys are out there in AZ. so keep your eyes peeled. Thanks lake ape :cool:

Lake Ape
09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Went back up there tonight and it wasn't there. Sorry. If it was your trailer I wonder if they took it there and switched trailers. That's the only reason that I can think of why a trailer like that was just sitting there. I should have paid more attention but I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. The tongue was painted a brownish red so you might look for a brownish red boat also, they could have spray painted it. I would also tell the ranger to look around up there, by the time I got up there it was getting dark, someone could have pushed it off the road some where, but I doubt it since it was already left by itself.
Good Luck!

BA Kurtis
09-14-2005, 08:31 PM
I hope this is a good lead im reading. i have
been looking here in havasu. try to post
moor pic's if you have them. don't give
up. somthing will show up it's just a matter
of time.
Check your pm.

Lake Ape
09-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Just curious as to what the Ranger or Sheriff said, did they happen to see it too?

83nordic
09-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I was at Apache Lake Friday and Sat, A.M. we did not see the boat and hot rod v-drives don't escape us. I was at burnt corral ramp Sat. in the morning I do not recall the trailer. I asked a friend who stayed until Sun. and he did not see the trailer and definately no boat unless they had it hidden in the reeds. We will be back next weekend and will keep an eye out. Keep the faith.
John

BA Kurtis
09-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Just curious as to what the Ranger or Sheriff said, did they happen to see it too?
I never heard back from the ranger, the sherrif did call me back and thay went up there around 6:30 and saw nothing :mad: The trailer must not have been there to long. Hey I am having some trouble posting pics of parts could you shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I will send them to you. Thanks.

BA Kurtis
09-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I was at Apache Lake Friday and Sat, A.M. we did not see the boat and hot rod v-drives don't escape us. I was at burnt corral ramp Sat. in the morning I do not recall the trailer. I asked a friend who stayed until Sun. and he did not see the trailer and definately no boat unless they had it hidden in the reeds. We will be back next weekend and will keep an eye out. Keep the faith.
John
Thanks for keepin a look out Nordic :D

ColeTR2
09-17-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey I am having some trouble posting pics of parts
Stolen Boat & Parts Keep a eye out!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738Pic1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738pic2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738pic3.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738pic4.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738pic5.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738pic6.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738pic7.jpg

BA Kurtis
09-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks alot Mike :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I am local in mesa/phx area and I will keep my eyes peeled. I will let all the guys at the lake know as well. If I see it I will take it back for you, and I guarentee that they wont do sh!t to stop me! I just need a good pic of the whole boat with trailer so I can print it and keep it in my truck! If I get it I dont want $$$, I just want satisfaction of beating someones ass for taking a fellow ***boater sh!T;) OH AND OF COURSE A COLD COORS LIGHT! :D :D

BA Kurtis
09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks 396, there is alot of pictures of boat and trailer on page 1 of this thread. You find it and I will buy you a truck load of coors light :wink:

Mohave Vice
09-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I am local in mesa/phx area and I will keep my eyes peeled. I will let all the guys at the lake know as well. If I see it I will take it back for you, and I guarentee that they wont do sh!t to stop me! I just need a good pic of the whole boat with trailer so I can print it and keep it in my truck! If I get it I dont want $$$, I just want satisfaction of beating someones ass for taking a fellow ***boater sh!T;) OH AND OF COURSE A COLD COORS LIGHT! :D :D
I'm with you on this one!!!!!

Riverkid
09-23-2005, 09:11 PM
That was nice of Hot Boat to put in the article on the theft of your boat in the latest issue... Wishing you luck in finding it whole. :smile:

olbiezer
10-02-2005, 07:44 PM
whats the latest anyway? any sightings at all?

BA Kurtis
10-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Its been quiet but still lookin and not giving up. I just bought another Kurtis same yr. getting started on the restoration, but I will never stop lookin for the other one :cool:

olbiezer
10-03-2005, 07:55 PM
nice......just out of couriosity what does a blown 468 set ya back anyway?

BA Kurtis
10-04-2005, 04:27 PM
That last Kurtis had a 502 with a 250 blower and inner cooler,I had about $7500 in that deal but you could spend alot more than that if you have it :D This next one came with a LS7 that I am going to bor 60 over to a 468 and I will run 671 blower and carbs.

LOWRIVER2
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi BA Kurtis!
I've been off this site along time. I'm an old river neighbor of yours. I had a orange/yellow 19ft. Eliminator jet named "Implied Consent" a few years back and stayed across from you.
BA Kurtis is a great guy, it's terrible that this had to happen to him. He is great family guy and one of the most cool peeps you'll meet at the river.
BA, you can bet I'll keep an eye out for the boat and parts, I hang up on the strip nowadays but I've put the word out to guys in the LA area to look out for the boat when doing stops/warrants on chop shops. We've found stolen flats before, you never know.
My regards to the family and and the river gang at W.I. in Earp

BA Kurtis
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks lowrider for the kind words, come on down and see us :D

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Everytime someone posts, I come on and check hoping to see that you or someone found it.
Blasted again.
Brian

BA Kurtis
10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks Brian for your support :D somthing will turn up so keep checking.

Mohave Vice
10-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Agreed! Dan is a GREAT guy and those involved in the theft will get what's coming.

meaniam
10-11-2005, 08:54 AM
keep your chin up. chance is that it will pop up next summer when the heat dies down. hopefully people reconize the profile of the boat. it took 3 yrs to get one of our flatties back from portland oregon. all it took was a bad drug deal for 1 to snitch on the other. my dad was so bummed out he became kinda self destructive over the loss of the boat. and let his other toys go to hell along with himself. dont let that happen to you. it could also be useful to keep engine block numbers handy.

Riverkid
10-11-2005, 06:15 PM
We had a Jet Ranger III all over the desert two weeks ago, from 29 Palms across to Barstow/Daggett and finally to Edwards and then back to Ontario. It was a nice clear day and believe me, we were looking for that Orange beast of yours, too, in between stops. Didn't see it but we came up with some pretty creative ideas of what we would do if we did... Keep the faith.

BA Kurtis
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks kid for keepin an eye out, we gota keep lookin something is bound to turn up.

Mohave Vice
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Any info? 1-866-HAVETIP

Rexone
12-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Bump... no sign of this yet?

BA Kurtis
12-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Nope nothin has turned up yet, I'm always thinking about it and looking everywhere I go, thanks boss for the bump :cool: :cool:

YeLLowBoaT
03-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to bring this too the top.... I think I may have found this boat.......I have some Qs that may or may not cofrim it....out of a hot rod magazine add.... Sending PM

dmontzsta
03-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I have to bring this too the top.... I think I may have found this boat.......I have some Qs that may or may not cofrim it....out of a hot rod magazine add.... Sending PM
Hopefully it pans out!

SnoopJonnyJon
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Good luck.

BA Kurtis
03-12-2006, 07:26 AM
YellowBoat What did you find and where is it, I'll come check it out PLEASE call me right away (951)712-3704 thanks Dan

meaniam
03-12-2006, 09:56 AM
i sure hope you catch a theif with thier hands in the cookie jar. good luck in may pop up this year

whiteworks
03-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Get A Rope

steve d
03-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Get A Rope
Find a tree.......

BA Kurtis
03-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Anyone know YellowBoat?? mabey a phone# and where is Fair Oaks?? I havent heard back from him yet.

SnoopJonnyJon
03-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I wonder what Hot Rod Magazine ad he is speaking of. After I read that i looked carefully through the new April issue and couldn't see anything at all.

BA Kurtis
03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I wonder what Hot Rod Magazine ad he is speaking of. After I read that i looked carefully through the new April issue and couldn't see anything at all.
I think he ment Hot Boat mag. there was an artical in last July issue and then another on the theft in Oct. or Nov. issue.

Moose
03-12-2006, 12:50 PM
BA Kurtis, Fair Oaks is up here near Sacramento, I don't know who YellowBoat is but if he needs some back up to go check this boat out I'd be happy to go with him. YellowBoat?.
Moose

BA Kurtis
03-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks Moose, still havent heard nothin from yellowboat, MAN this has been a long day waitin for a call.

YeLLowBoaT
03-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I am going to see the boat at 4 pm today... Thanks for the hull ID I will check then get back to you. I'll give you a call in a few mins.

dmontzsta
03-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I am going to see the boat at 4 pm today... Thanks for the hull ID I will check then get back to you. I'll give you a call in a few mins.
This is getting good. I hope this is the boat.

Riverkid
03-12-2006, 04:48 PM
You aren't the only one.
It's well after 4... Any updates?

DansBlown73Nordic
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I sure hope the boat is found. That will be pretty cool....

YeLLowBoaT
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Well... by the add it sounded very, very close too it... its not the boat. Looked very smilar and had smilar parts, but the #s were wrong. I feel really bad that I got BA kurtis's hopes up. I really hope you find this boat some day. I will keep a Eye out for it. I can't stand theifs....

BA Kurtis
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Well I just got word from Yellowboat, the boat he went and looked at is not mine :cry: :cry: . The add he saw said Kurtis runner bottum bright orange with matching trailer menkins v-drive blown bbc, that is a good discription of it but numbers didnt match among a few other details not matching up. I sure appritiate the time yellowboat spent on this today thank you brother.

DansBlown73Nordic
03-12-2006, 06:40 PM
I was really hoping it was it. Its hard to believe it could just vanish. I have seen a few things in the past that were stolen and sooner or later they always turned up. You just never know....

steve d
03-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Damn

Schiada76
03-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Well I just got word from Yellowboat, the boat he went and looked at is not mine :cry: :cry: . The add he saw said Kurtis runner bottum bright orange with matching trailer menkins v-drive blown bbc, that is a good discription of it but numbers didnt match among a few other details not matching up. I sure appritiate the time yellowboat spent on this today thank you brother.
Doesn't seem like it would be hard to change the #'s?

flat broke
03-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Doesn't seem like it would be hard to change the #'s?
That and considering there is a 50/50 chance that whoever harked it reads the boards, they had plenty of warning to know someone might have been on to what they were doing. With regard to things of this nature in the future, next time, the tipster should privately get a hold of the concerned party as not to possibly alert his hand to the "bad guys".
Either way, sucks that it wasn't a wham, bam, thank you mam type deal where BA got to roll up there with the rest of the A team and kick the living piss outta the bastard who stole his ride.
Chris

DansBlown73Nordic
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Maybe call ahead next time so they have Hot Coffee...... :crossx: