PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

cdog
08-08-2005, 11:43 AM
My engine started to run hot on sat. out a parker and I can see small amounts of water come in thru the sea strainer. Usually it flows alot of water. I've pulled all of my hose's one at a time and blew water thru them and water flow's fine thru them. I replaced my sea pump impeller, even though the OG one looked fine. Is it possiable for something or weeds to be stuck in the drive housing and clogging it to restrict flow. And if so How do you get it out? Since I have a imco extension box I was able to get in and take off the hose to the inside of the gimble, when I did so there were no weeds in there. I tried to flush out back from the sea strainer thru the drive and while it will flow a little water it was def. not free flowing. It felt like it was clogged. Any suggestions? BTW I have a imco sc drive.

h2oski2fast
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Keep running water backward through the hose, it will eventually blow what ever is stuck out. If you can clamp a garden hose to the pick up hose to get as much pressure as you can get.

unleashed
08-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Same thing happened to me in Tahoe. I went thru the hoses one at a time blowing out all the crap and running a hose through the drive. It cooled it down a little but it took a top speed run to blow all the crap out and bring my engines back down to temperature. Try a speed run after you have gone thru all the hoses and drive and see if you can blow through it.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Havasu Hangin'
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Also, check if the water cavity (pickup) in the outdrive is not packed with sand...seen that before.

cdog
08-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I clamped the garden hose to the sea strainer and the drive pooped out some weeds. What a pain in the ass. Everythings happy now. Parker has lost of weeds so look out.