PDA

View Full Version : Good place to take the family

272 LS
08-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Anyone have some suggestions of where to take the boat, camper and kids? I live in Nor Cal so I was thinking tahoe or shasta but not sure what the camping is like in those places. I live on lake berryessa so i am spoiled by it and want something just as good. Let me know everyone

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
from what I have heard. either one of those places are beautiful.. I have not been to either but I have only heard good things from both. I think Deano ( unleashed ) has been to both and he is very familt orientated. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 01:16 PM
you can also try
www.lakeshasta.com

Cas
08-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Shasta! and stay at the Antlers campground. Antler's has Fri and Sat night movies out on their deck, Sunday morning all you can eat pancake breakfast, a pool, playground and more. We've been going up there for the past 5 years or so and love it...my wife says it's her favorite campground.
If you want to see some pictures, just click the Laid Back website link in my signature and go to Past Events. There's a bunch of pictures from the past few years of us heading up there.
Your other option is to stay down in Jones Valley where you can just pull your motorhome up to the lake and stay right there.

Cas
08-08-2005, 01:28 PM
oh yea,
Antler's Campground (http://www.antlersrv.com/welcome.htm)

272 LS
08-08-2005, 02:58 PM
great suggestions thanks. thanks for the links that is huge. any other suggestions?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM
great suggestions thanks. thanks for the links that is huge. any other suggestions?
yes.. enjoy yourself.. :D and stay safe..

78Anthonyjet
08-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Have you checked out LAKE OROVILLE ? We were up there about a week ago and it is a beautiful lake. camp grounds, bathrooms and showers were clean, lake water was warm and clear. 167 miles of shoreline and a bunch of places to hang out and swim with no one around you.

GoCiggie31
08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I second the oroville suggestion. Awesome lake, great ramps, clean campsites. With the 167 miles of shoreline, it rarely gets crowded. Feather Falls is a sight to see if the water is up.
Does anyone know if they still offer the floating campsites...if still available, its the best?

unleashed
08-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Any of the above mentioned lakes are awesome. Tahoe though Is my favorite. Here is a link to a great place to camp...they have miles of sandy beachs, restaurant, bike trails, great hiking to waterfalls, upper lakes etc., 5 star restaurants if you are in the mood, gambling not far when the kids are asleep, boat charters, wave runners, fishing etc. Basically alot of stuff to do and not enough time! :D
Camp Richardson (http://www.camprichardson.com/) :crossx:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

78Anthonyjet
08-08-2005, 06:45 PM
They still have the floating campsites. check out LIME SADDLE MARINA, that where you can find alot of info on the lake.

stashtrey
08-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Watch out for some corn-eyed brown trout in Tahoe right now.
A couple weeks ago some private contractor was putting in a dock for someone and drove a post into a 14" pressurized sewage pipe in the lake..... 130,000 gallons of human waste pumped into the lake. A week ago nobody was swimming in the lake.
Real bummer.

Cas
08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Yes, Oroville is real nice also....another place we've been going the past few years.....missed going this year though. Personally, I think Shasta and Antler's is a whole lot more kid friendly without having to go very far.
Tahoe is also a great place, I just don't like the way a boat runs up there and if the wind kicks up in the afternoon, it's one hell of a bumpy ride. Also lots of things to do but you pretty much need to drive (for the kids). The one real nice thing about Tahoe is all the real good places to eat on the lake.
You ought to just join us all at Tower Park in a couple of weeks :D
Looks to be about 75 jet boats and a few "others" ;)

a catered life
08-09-2005, 08:35 PM
oh yea,
Antler's Campground (http://www.antlersrv.com/welcome.htm)
great suggestion there i ready to make my res..now :p web site looks realy good