PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Brits!

Froggystyle
08-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I can't tell you how relieved I am that the seven Russian submariners got out alive. I can't imagine a worse death than suffocating in a rescue sub. I would have had my leatherman out and cutting hullsides pretty quickly I think.
At the very least, you would have seen a flooded sub after a couple of days and me on the surface with my head in a mop bucket.
Anyway, I hope those Brits aren't buying beers right now. They shouldn't ever have to pay for vodka again either.
We sent 30 sailors over from North Island on Friday. The spirit of the cooperation to rescue fellow sailors, nationality aside has been pretty amazing.

HocusPocus
08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
i was glad to see them all safe. :)

SmokinLowriderSS
08-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I had not heard since Fri, but I as well am glad they have lived to tell of their adventures. The deep ocean is every bit as unforgiving of errors as space is. :)

Froggystyle
08-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Yeah, this is a pretty big deal in my opinion. Good to see the cooperation to save lives.

sigepmock
08-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Glad to see the guys out alive. The Russians handled this one a lot better than the Kursk(SP?) Makes you wonder if they could have saved a few then.
Chris

Froggystyle
08-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Glad to see the guys out alive. The Russians handled this one a lot better than the Kursk(SP?) Makes you wonder if they could have saved a few then.
Chris
This was a small, non-tactical rescue sub with no real military significance. The Kursk was a nuclear attack sub, loaded with weapons and with an unknown level nuclear incident on board. I think if the Kursk happened today it would go down the same way.

Big Warlock
08-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Good job to the Brits!!!!
Kursk would have gone down either way. But they might have saved a couple of the guys. Remember, the front blew off the damn sub!!!! Damn, that is hard to recover from when your sitting on the bottom!
Anyway! Brits showed an outstanding ability to get to the scene and get the job done!! ;)