PDA

View Full Version : 460 issues....

Ntwotrance
08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
We just had valve work done, replaced everything this morning, went to start the boat, and are getting very little spark to the plugs. the engine will turn, but won't start....what am I missing? new plugs and new coil were also put in today, check the resistor....?.....?....help?

dmontzsta
08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
How old is the battery? Also, is it an elec. dist?

Blown 472
08-08-2005, 05:02 PM
We just had valve work done, replaced everything this morning, went to start the boat, and are getting very little spark to the plugs. the engine will turn, but won't start....what am I missing? new plugs and new coil were also put in today, check the resistor....?.....?....help?
How charged up is the battery?

Ntwotrance
08-08-2005, 05:07 PM
battery is 1 year old, dist is mallory, and the battery also had a full charge.....until about an hour ago...when we had to jump it with your dads truck Don...lol....

dmontzsta
08-08-2005, 05:10 PM
battery is 1 year old, dist is mallory, and the battery also had a full charge.....until about an hour ago...when we had to jump it with your dads truck Don...lol....
ha, how old is the dist?

Ntwotrance
08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
ha, how old is the dist?
about a year old as well...

MikeF
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Leave it attached to the truck to recharge the batt.......or trickle charge it w/a bat charger (would be better).

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-09-2005, 08:07 AM
get a meter and make sure you are getting 12v at the coil. I would assume if you have enough juice to roll over the engine you should have enough at the coil. Also, double check your coil wire to the dist. make sure the connections are tight and the wire is good. Did you get pre-fab wires or make them yourself?
Omega