PDA

View Full Version : ROOKIE NEEDS HELP

BASH
06-16-2001, 03:36 PM
Hi there,
I am looking to buy my first boat. Like you, I do not want another blue and white boat in the water. I am going to southern CA. later this month to look at the custom boat manufactures. I am looking for a 19' runabpout in the 26K range. I really like Galixie boats. Any thoughts? All help would appreciated
Thanks

B-rad502
06-16-2001, 05:17 PM
Check out www.laserboats.com (http://www.laserboats.com) and also a company called lightning (made by Ultra). These 2 companies seem to make a nice custom boat at a reasonable price probably close to where you are at 26k. They both make a 21' open bow. Good luck.

boatnam1
06-16-2001, 07:55 PM
hey bash,i agree with b-rad i would forget about the galaxy and go look at a lighting by ultra.you will be very suprised by the price and the big difference 2ft of boat will make.19 ft is a very ruff riding boat.

Racing Ray
06-16-2001, 08:26 PM
[This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

BADAXE
06-16-2001, 09:30 PM
if someone gave me a galaxy boat I would procede as follows;
1) take them off my xmas card list
2) sell the boat immediatly, BEFORE USING!
3) take what little money I got from the sale and put it toward a REAL boat.
b-rad502 has good advice lighting boats is an excellent value.
Hey b-rad, I saw the lasor boats at the la boat show and in the mags. do you know much about them? pricing? quality? performance?

davewilliams
06-25-2001, 07:52 AM
The Lazer boats are made in the same shop as the Essex. They have great structural integrity. The finish is not as nice though but for a big discount thats worth it.

superdave013
06-25-2001, 10:50 AM
You should check out Ultra boats too. Ultra makes the Lightning line also. Both are fantastic boats. I think ultra is one of the most reputable companies in the business today.

skijake
06-25-2001, 07:29 PM
You may want to go to Corona, there is alot of boat builders located in one area to check out.
Have you concidered looking for a used boat in that price range. You can get more for your money, you may have to sacrifice being the first owner and having it with your personal touch, but let someone else take the hit on the price and buy a one to three year old boat that has only a few hours on it you can get a boat that you thought you would never beable to afford.
remember with all the dot.commers going broke their are some good deals for those how look.

gstark
06-26-2001, 11:38 AM
I agree with Skijake. In Corona/Norco you will find Carrera, Shockwave, Caliber1, Warlock, Hawaiian, Commander, GS Marine, and others. Within a 20 mile radius you will find Essex, Laser, Eliminator, UltraMontclair (or their current name), and Cheetah. I am sure I left out some others, my apologies to those.

iparky
06-28-2001, 09:52 PM
Good selection of boats in the riverside area, there are also many builders of the non hot boat types http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

racingrascal
07-01-2001, 01:35 PM
I think you should take a look at the ultra's. I am also in the new boat market, I have looked at alot of boats and found that is a really nice boat. Don't buy a boat for the name or to save a couple of thousand, buy for the rep. Besides you will just pay the price in one or two seasons. Example :Scarab everybody says great boat. I had a 22' Scarab (96) three new stringers/ new floor/deck cracked and it also cracked around the gas filler. They warrantied it and said sorry after a total of 5 months in the shop on and off. Buy an Ultra, look at the reputation they have.Sorry so long guys.