PDA

View Full Version : Red Rocker's Schiada Update

Schiada Time
05-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Ok gang the Schiada is officially gutted. Two weekends ago i pulled all the interior out and yanked the transmission. The trans is at a shop in Huntington beach getting freshened up and fit with a manual valve body so i can shift it-it was formerly set up full automatic like it would be in a car. The ZZ502 complete crate engine is on order from GMPP and should arrive hopefully within two weeks. I picked up a set of used Nicson logs from Mondorally (thanks man) and my Olson 12 quart V-drive pan and pick up are sitting in my house in the box. Just waiting for the engine to get here and then I can dress the engine on the stand with marine gear, bolt up the transmission, and slide it into the boat. For those who don't remember the boat is a '74 Schiada '22 V-drive that I purchased about 3 months ago less engine. After the engine and trans go in my Dad and I will give it a healthy color sand and polish and it should be good to go. Just thought I would give you guys a quick update.
Trav

dmontzsta
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Sounds like it is moving along. I can not wait to see it done.

Schiada Time
05-05-2006, 09:27 AM
I know Im Jonesing. With all I have going on this month i am not going to get to touch it again until June 1st. My goal for the water is July 4th so once the engine gets here I'll have a month to wrench and a day to test and tune and then it is off to Mead for 4th of July weekend.
trav

GofastRacer
05-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear it's progressing, looking forward to seeing it!.. :cool:

Beer-30
05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I picked up a set of used Nicson logs from Mondorally (thanks man)
Trav
Be careful with those on that motor / with that cam. Probably going to create a good amount of reversion (not the water type, the exh back through the intake type). Will probaby make the bottom of the carb and the intake tracts black.

mondorally
05-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Trav,
Glad to see the logs go to a good home. When you get it all together I'd love to come by and check it out. And Larry (Boze) says Hi.
Justin

dmontzsta
05-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Be careful with those on that motor / with that cam. Probably going to create a good amount of reversion (not the water type, the exh back through the intake type). Will probaby make the bottom of the carb and the intake tracts black.
That is a good point.
You might want to consider some thru transom headers soon.
:)

Beer-30
05-05-2006, 10:48 AM
These bassetts have always looked like a nice log replacement.
http://www.bassettracing.com/images/9001-1.jpg

Schiada Time
05-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Its all about the benjamins boys. I am only planning to run the logs for a while then it is on to Through the Transom headers. If i sell my show truck soon then I'll pick up some lightnings.
Trav

dmontzsta
05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Its all about the benjamins boys.
It sure is! :D