PDA

View Full Version : Jet hot coat boat headers ??

Blown 472
04-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Anyone done it and how did it work for you?

HavasuDreamin'
04-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Look Here:
http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=002363

78Eliminator
04-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Did HBJet get it done? In the thread he said he was going to. I remember Ty talking about it too but I still don't know of anyone that has done it that can talk about it. My headers are all rusty inside and I don't know if it's even worth it to spend the extra money.

burbanite
04-04-2003, 02:13 PM
It's Good.

Beautiful Noise
04-04-2003, 02:50 PM
78Eliminator
My headers are all rusty inside [/QB]You need to Spray the inside when you get home with WD-40,I've had my Header's on my Boat for 3 year's now and there in Great shape :D
Steve

Froggystyle
04-05-2003, 09:26 AM
From what I understand, you need to decide to do it when the headers are brand new, or a close enough approximation to have no corrosion whatsoever. You will need to enlarge the drain holes in the bottom before spraying, so they end up the same diameter, and protect your water inlet manifold threads from the coating somehow. Plugs work good.
If you coat old headers, or add heat protection like the header wrap to them for that matter, you exponentially increase the failure rate of the inside. You will trap in the corrosion, and it will increase dramatically in severity.
Granted, until it fails, you will have better looking headers on the outside though.
In addition, from what I understand, coating your new headers makes them essentially impervious to corrosion, and increases their lifespan dramatically. Most of my experience has been based on a couple of non-board members experiences, as well as some in the aviation industry.

Budnikjet
04-05-2003, 12:43 PM
I purchased a boat that had a pair of Bassetts on it that were rusted pretty bad on the outside and inside.I sent mine to Jet Hot for them to coat them.That was 4 years ago and today they still look brand new .Take it that its not as shiny as chrome but it still looks real good.And also they will not blue from idling around alot.One otherthing, they cool down alot quicker too.That just my two cents based on experience.
Bud

Windy
04-05-2003, 01:34 PM
78Eliminator:
Did HBJet get it done? In the thread he said he was going to. They are at the jet coaters.
MissHBjet

1Bahnerjet
04-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Jet Hot done in Tempe Az. Is there someone in Nor-Cal Silicon Valley (that anyone knows) that does it? Shipping to Az. would Kill the Deal. :confused:

stix818
04-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Just had mine my set done. They turned out good. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet but hopefully this Friday will change that.