PDA

View Full Version : "There's a Bathroom on the Right..."

Froggystyle
08-09-2005, 07:10 AM
My life has been plagued off and on with the realization that you have been singing the wrong words, for whatever reason to a song. One of my first memories of this was the Credence song verse that I thought went "Don't come around tonight, it's bound to save your life... there's a bathroom on the right.."
Now remember, I was young, so Elton John was on the radio with his big hit that sang "Rocketman... burning up the sky with you shoes on fire"
None made me feel as stupid as the realization that one of my old standby's on acoustic guitar around campfires, Bob Marley's Redemption Song did not start with "An old Pirate's just a rabbi" I was crushed to think of the hundred times I sang that song that way. (In my defense, I am not Jamaican and was not aware of a term spoken "rob-I" meaning get oneself stolen. ;) )
None are as funny as the one that just came to light however...
As in any shop, the subject of midgets comes up on occasion. Mikey, one of the riggers always mentions that if we do get someone small enough to fit down the sponson easily we will have to name him ""Simon" after the Rancid song (big fan) that goes "I had a dream I was a midget named Simon, my name is Tim and I'm a lesser known character, I had a dream I was a midget named Simon, fighting crime in the streets together."
Except that "midget named Simon" is actually "Vigilant Sidekick", and the song is called "Sidekick"
I think I like the midget version better, but this whole thing is cracking me up big time, thinking of how many times Mikey has shouted that at the top of his lungs in the shop.
Too funny.
What are your best song screwups?

Jordy
08-09-2005, 07:14 AM
I always liked Blinded By The Light, you know, the one about about being wrapped up like a douche... :D :D :D

Flashover
08-09-2005, 07:15 AM
There's to many to list I wouldn't even know where to start... :hammer2: :hammer2:

hoolign
08-09-2005, 07:17 AM
I always liked Blinded By The Light, you know, the one about about being wrapped up like a douche... :D :D :D
Those arent the words??? :D

Jbb
08-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Midgets.....lol

Froggystyle
08-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Midgets.....lol
Midgit sounds smaller... fixed them though.. ;)

RP1
08-09-2005, 07:55 AM
beat me to it... that's the one for me.

pjones
08-09-2005, 08:21 AM
There's a term for it, it's called chronic lyricosis....

4day!!
08-09-2005, 08:35 AM
"Big ol jet had a light out" Steve Miller.. Great song :hammerhea

LaveyJet
08-09-2005, 08:44 AM
""scuse me while I kiss this guy" Hendrix, Purple Haze

Froggystyle
08-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I thought that was "Please don't leave your light on..." ;)

Kachina26
08-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Until today, I honestly thought that's how it went. "revved up like a duece" makes just as much sense.

Chromegorilla
08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Thats what it sounds like to me. :D

ratso
08-09-2005, 09:39 AM
...some pussy on a highway
sure be a sign
take it to the limit one more time

Chubby4Life
08-09-2005, 10:14 AM
LMAO, I too thought the bathroom was on the right!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
LOL, my mom thought it was "big ol' Carolin-a" like a chicks name.
"Big ol' Carolin-a, don't carry me too far away." LMAO it cracks me up.

sigepmock
08-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Bob Marley's " I don't want to wait in vain for your love...."
I thought it was ....."I don't want a wedding vail for your love..." :confused: I don't where I came up with that.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-09-2005, 11:17 AM
So while we're at it . . . What are they cookin' in Hotel California?
Sounds like "Warm smell of carnitas rising up in the air" or is it something else?

topless
08-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Kenny Rogers You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.

Rod-64
08-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Gypsies, Chimpanzees
instead of:
Gypsies, Tramps and Theives...Cher........... :D

pjones
08-09-2005, 11:37 AM
It's actually "warm smell of colitas"

MagicMtnDan
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Macy Gray
Wrong lyrics: I blow bubbles when you are not here
Right lyrics: My world crumbles when you are not here
Billy Joel's Allentown:
Wrong lyrics: And we’re living here without a towel
Right lyrics: And we’re living here in Allentown
The Police's Message in a Bottle:
Wrong Lyrics: It’s been ten years since I broke my nose
Right lyrics: It’s been ten years since I wrote my note
The Lord’s Prayer (Hymn):
Wrong Lyrics: Harold be thy name
Right lyrics: Hallowed be thy name

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-09-2005, 11:49 AM
It's actually "warm smell of colitas"
That was actually my other guess, but I haven't been able to find anyone who knows what the heck a "colita" is. :confused:

4day!!
08-09-2005, 11:52 AM
That was actually my other guess, but I haven't been able to find anyone who knows what the heck a "colita" is. :confused:
This was taken from another website:
DEAR JERRY: This E-mail just came in from Eagles management honcho, Irving Azoff:
In response to your recent inquiry, in 1976, during the writing of the song “Hotel California,” by Don Henley and Glenn Frey, the word “colitas” was translated for them by their Mexican-American road manager as “little buds.”
“Colitas is little tails, but here the author is referring to “colas,” the tip of a marijuana branch, where it is more potent and with more sap — said to be the best part of the leaves.”
We knew with an instant shock of certainty that this was the correct interpretation. The Eagles, with the prescience given only to true artists, were touting the virtues of high-quality industrial hemp!
And to think some people thought this song was about drugs.
—Dr.Steve Brown, Harrisonburg, Va.
Oh and is it cool whip in his hair or cool wind in his hair :messedup: :idea:

pjones
08-09-2005, 12:10 PM
And there you have it.
I just love this forum, it's so educational. : )

Schiada76
08-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I had a girlfriend (blond) that thought "Too much information" (the Police) was "Too much shit from Asia".

sidewound
08-09-2005, 12:48 PM
My wife thought for a long time an Aerosmith song was
Back... Back.... Do the lucky lady! :D :D :D :D
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR

ratso
08-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Kenny Rogers You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
...lmao :D

Sleek-Jet
08-09-2005, 01:13 PM
I knew a girl once that thought the song "Black Hole Sun" was "But Hole Sun"...
I wish my mis-interpratations were that simple... :hammer2:

Froggystyle
08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
What this doesn't even begin to cover are all of those lyrics I don't even take a shot at because they mumbled or were totally unclear.

OGShocker
08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
My Sister yelled to my Mom, "TELL HIM TO STOP SINGING THAT SONG"!
These are the words SHE heard,
The Knack
Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Scrotum?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
Gun it comin' off of the line Scrotum
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. I always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind. My my my i yi woo. M M M My Scrotum...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
This was taken from another website:
DEAR JERRY: This E-mail just came in from Eagles management honcho, Irving Azoff:
In response to your recent inquiry, in 1976, during the writing of the song “Hotel California,” by Don Henley and Glenn Frey, the word “colitas” was translated for them by their Mexican-American road manager as “little buds.”
“Colitas is little tails, but here the author is referring to “colas,” the tip of a marijuana branch, where it is more potent and with more sap — said to be the best part of the leaves.”
We knew with an instant shock of certainty that this was the correct interpretation. The Eagles, with the prescience given only to true artists, were touting the virtues of high-quality industrial hemp!
And to think some people thought this song was about drugs.
—Dr.Steve Brown, Harrisonburg, Va.
Oh and is it cool whip in his hair or cool wind in his hair :messedup: :idea:
Awesome! Now I know! My life is complete :wink:

Rod-64
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
When I was 10 KISS Alive was the hot album and naturally I had it......well after Ace 's guitar solo Paul said what I thought was "Ace Frehley leaping chow"......took a long time to figure out it was "Ace Frehley lead guitar." :D

Sleek-Jet
08-09-2005, 02:28 PM
What this doesn't even begin to cover are all of those lyrics I don't even take a shot at because they mumbled or were totally unclear.
Pretty much anything Bob Dillon sang... :confused: :notam:

4day!!
08-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Now can someone just please tell me, what in the hell is a "bustle in your hedgerow". That has been plaguing me for years now. :confused:

DaveA
08-09-2005, 05:26 PM
There's a term for it, it's called chronic lyricosis....
Ah, yes...another JB&B Big Show listener!