PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice

riverracerx
12-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Anyone else see this trailer? I loved Miami Vice! This looks like it could be pretty good. Looks like some nice boat action too:
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/images/index_01.jpg
Miami Vice trailer site (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/)

HighRoller
12-30-2005, 09:45 AM
If Michael Mann did it you can bet your ass it will be good. Collateral was excellent!

INSman
12-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Hopefully Farrell get's out of Drug Rehab before the Premier !! :)

riverracerx
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
As long as there are hot chicks, cool boats, car crashes and gunfire it will be pretty cool.
But why is the Ferrari silver? And can we at least get a cameo of a Testarossa for old times sake?

KACHINA KEN
12-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Jamie is pissing me off right now but the trailer is sick. I've been able to see a ton of preview stuff because of about 8 people on OSO who were in the race scene. Michael Man is the shit for sure, I just bought season2 of MV last week.

Sleek-Jet
12-30-2005, 11:06 AM
As long as there are hot chicks, cool boats, car crashes and gunfire it will be pretty cool.
But why is the Ferrari silver? And can we at least get a cameo of a Testarossa for old times sake?
Why is Crockett piloting a Cat for that matter... :D Where's a Chris Craft Stinger when you need one???
... AND WHERE THE F*CK IS ELVIS?????????

Cole Trickle
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
I heard Michael Mann is really faught the whole remake of the TV series thing.
He wants to make it it's own stand alone movie.
The previews looked good.

goneboatin
12-30-2005, 11:35 AM
I've always liked Miami Vice, but like Kachina Ken said, Jamie Fox is just pissing me off right now and I hope all the people that were against Tookie Williams boycott the movie in protest of Jamie Fox. I"d feel sorry for the rest of the cast if the boycott did happen, but I hope this will reel in Fox's attitude and big head.

Cole Trickle
12-30-2005, 11:42 AM
I've always liked Miami Vice, but like Kachina Ken said, Jamie Fox is just pissing me off right now and I hope all the people that were against Tookie Williams boycott the movie in protest of Jamie Fox. I"d feel sorry for the rest of the cast if the boycott did happen, but I hope this will reel in Fox's attitude and big head.
He has caught a very bad case of Kanye West syndrome!

Desert Rat
12-30-2005, 11:45 AM
He NEEDS to catch a case of Rodney King if you ask me! :yuk:

mbrown2
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I agree to a certain extent due to the Tookie Support, but the guy is a still a good actor and has not went off the deepend as Kanye did during the Katrina aftermath...
Also, I try to not to write off everyone due to a particular political stance.....now if you continue down the road, then see ya (ala Jane Fonda)....
BTW...I doubt many folks who were against Tookie are now burning their Snoop Dog CD's....and the folks that did not listen to the Snoop, I am not talking to you....I am talking to white folks that make up 70% of the population that buy his CD's.... I bet I will hear him just as much this year at the Sandbar as last year. :idea: :)

Ducatista
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I bought my wife season one of Miami Vice for X-Mass, we still love that show. This could be good...

Jbb
12-30-2005, 03:17 PM
wonder if we'll see pink and green gelcoat return after the movie.... :p

HocusPocus
12-30-2005, 03:41 PM
wow.. another movie about a cancelled tv show. i think i will wait until it comes on tv.... again.

HBjet
12-30-2005, 05:22 PM
If Michael Mann did it you can bet your ass it will be good. Collateral was excellent!
If you thought Collateral was excellent, then HEAT was a masterpiece!
I can't wait to see this movie and I got season one on DVD too!
HBjet

Riverkid
12-30-2005, 06:02 PM
If you thought Collateral was excellent, then HEAT was a masterpiece!
I can't wait to see this movie and I got season one on DVD too!
HBjet
I'm with you on that! My wife won't let me watch Heat anymore when she's home because the subs shake the hell out of the house during the bank scene...
I've got MV Season 1 on DVD also and we will be first in line when it hits the local theater.... The trailer looks badass!

hoolign
12-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Anyone else see this trailer? I loved Miami Vice! This looks like it could be pretty good. Looks like some nice boat action too:
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/images/index_01.jpg
Miami Vice trailer site (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/)
I heard that RD was cast as crocket and Tom Brown as Tubbs...it's just not gonna be the same!
Crocket.. " they have guns..use your fist and ppoke a hole in them Tubbs"
Tubs.."Shhh GET DOWN...I'll take Cap'n stalio's advice and give em a dairreashot"
Crocket.. " Let em have it...I;ll cover you"
Tubb's... " Not yet..I dont have a clear shot"
Crocket.."take the shot...for christ sakes Tubb's ..take the shot"
Tubbs .." Stand back "....
Crocket ..." don't shoot d..don't shoot ..I 'm in the way!!"
Tubbs.." BAAAALLLLLAAWHOOOOOOSH
Crocket.." mY god man...someone get me a "mister" so I can ge this shit off of me"

HBjet
12-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm with you on that! My wife won't let me watch Heat anymore when she's home because the subs shake the hell out of the house during the bank scene...
I could watch that scene over and over... great sound of the guns firing! If you have surround its great!

Riverkid
12-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Been there, still doing that.
7.1 my friend!!!

INSman
12-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Been there, still doing that.
7.1 my friend!!!
7.1 is good, but let's talk power, equipment and speakers !!! Please don't tell me about some 120WPC Sony or Pioneer Surround receiver :220v:

riverracerx
02-28-2006, 03:10 PM
http://www.kfcplainfield.com/sound/miamivice.wav

lawbreaker2
03-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey chris, I think were about the same age, I never missed a show and, I loved that show, then again I love any movie with cars, boats, girls,guns.
Do you have one of these,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6038908919&fromMakeTrack=true
I do, Still In the box from 86. :D

a catered life
03-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Jamie is pissing me off right now but the trailer is sick. I've been able to see a ton of preview stuff because of about 8 people on OSO who were in the race scene. Michael Man is the shit for sure, I just bought season2 of MV last week.
just wondering why is jamie pissing you off?

lawbreaker2
03-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Does anybody know where or if They made a movie poster off the first one, I think that would look cool in my garage.

a catered life
03-01-2006, 08:15 AM
i can send you a picture of me and my boat it looks like the miami vice boats and i kinda look like tubbs :p

lawbreaker2
03-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Funny :2purples:

riverracerx
03-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Well I am 35 and I used to dress like Crocket in Jr. High and High school! (hey, it was cool back then)
My buddy dressed like Michael Jackson...but he won't admit that!

lawbreaker2
03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Yup, I'm 37 and Did that to, the bad thing is I still have that stuff in the closet at my parents farm, But my wife made me toss out my disco shirts, remember those, the silk ones. :rollside:

HTRDLNCN
03-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I was djing on south beach all thru the 80s-90s.
At the time of filiming MV I was at the Forge on 41st.
Crew used to come in all the time. Met them all.
Here I am with PMT at an MV party at Bash nightclub years later in the late 90s.
Im the funny looking guy in the bluegreen jacket.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11648&stc=1

Dave4XTC
03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Ahhh... The Memories

Get415
03-02-2006, 11:54 PM
It was a badass show and i'm sure it will be a great movie but...not sure that i can get myself to watch those two boneheads in the movie...specially that jackhole jamie foxx. he was next to me in a Coffee Bean so i say hello and he turns his head and starts the trash talkin about the popo while i'm standin there in uniform. :argue: .... huh,Ok i feel better now

HTRDLNCN
03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
specially that jackhole jamie foxx. he was next to me in a Coffee Bean so i say hello and he turns his head and starts the trash talkin about the popo while i'm standin there in uniform. :argue: .... huh,Ok i feel better now
Dang,,
you should have bopped him one on the noggin,,
what a jerk..

Bling Bling
03-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Well I am 35 and I used to dress like Crocket in Jr. High and High school! (hey, it was cool back then)
My buddy dressed like Michael Jackson...but he won't admit that!
I seen ya at the Miami boat show and you still were dressed like Crocket. :D :D

riverracerx
03-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I was trolling for the ladies! :)

funkcity
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
When it comes out, go to a Digital Cinema theatre near you and see arguably
the finest offshore footage shot with a hi-def dig-cinema camera.
The plane and helecopter work is stunning.
Killer boats shot off the south florida coastline.
July 28