PDA

View Full Version : Hey Snowman

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
you remember that present i want my wife to get me that was sitting on that table with the hat on it??? fix a brother up with the 2 , 4's

Greaser
08-09-2005, 03:09 PM
:idea: Is someone thinkin about going BIG TYME??????

Devilman
08-09-2005, 04:58 PM
:idea: Is someone thinkin about going BIG TYME??????
He's dreamin!!

sdba069
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll see what I can come up with.......

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 05:24 AM
He's dreamin!!quit screwin with my dream :sleeping:
thanks Garry let me know

Devilman
08-10-2005, 05:32 AM
quit screwin with my dream :sleeping:
thanks Garry let me know
Well, you what they say....
Can you fill me in or is it a private deal? You going "Mad Max" on us? :idea: :D :D

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Well, you what they say....
Can you fill me in or is it a private deal? You going "Mad Max" on us? :idea: :D :DMad Max shit that is good! hahaha well im thinking about it 8-71 blower with an additional 850 demon

Devilman
08-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Mad Max shit that is good! hahaha well im thinking about it 8-71 blower with an additional 850 demon
Are you shittin me?!? I've wondered about blowers myself :devil: . It's outta my budget, thats fer sure, but I know on mine, I'd have to move the seat up. No room back there. How about yers?
Have to admit though, that Avenger would look good with a blower on top!! Hell, any boat looks good with a blower on top!! :D

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Are you shittin me?!? I've wondered about blowers myself :devil: . It's outta my budget, thats fer sure, but I know on mine, I'd have to move the seat up. No room back there. How about yers?
Have to admit though, that Avenger would look good with a blower on top!! Hell, any boat looks good with a blower on top!! :Dyea i was lookin at the seat lastnight its gonna take a little modify'n but not much,and that is the only part of the seats i havent rebuilt..the rear cushion has new wood but needs a new cover all the backrest and stuff was gonna come out this winter and get redone anyway so i figure i better start thinking about the blower b/4 i redo the seat

taylormanss
08-10-2005, 06:02 AM
hey garry whatcha doing on laborday weekend?

Devilman
08-10-2005, 06:04 AM
yea i was lookin at the seat lastnight its gonna take a little modify'n but not much,and that is the only part of the seats i havent rebuilt..the rear cushion has new wood but needs a new cover all the backrest and stuff was gonna come out this winter and get redone anyway so i figure i better start thinking about the blower b/4 i redo the seat
What would it have to move, about 6-7 inches forward? or I guess if you're gonna rebuild the seat, you could have a cutout right there, kinda split the rear seat....

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 06:16 AM
What would it have to move, about 6-7 inches forward? or I guess if you're gonna rebuild the seat, you could have a cutout right there, kinda split the rear seat....3 to 4 was my guess? but that may all change time i get all the belts and stuff on who knows?

Devilman
08-10-2005, 06:32 AM
3 to 4 was my guess? but that may all change time i get all the belts and stuff on who knows?
I would have thought the belt alone was 3" wide... How original did you want to keep your boat? If you didn't mind rearranging things you could have a rear-facing seating arrangement with something in front of the engine to keep the pulleys & belts guarded. (although, I've seen a bunch with it exposed...)
Maybe something like this?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812boatseatdesign.jpg

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 06:37 AM
I would have thought the belt alone was 3" wide... How original did you want to keep your boat? If you didn't mind rearranging things you could have a rear-facing seating arrangement with something in front of the engine to keep the pulleys & belts guarded. (although, I've seen a bunch with it exposed...)
Maybe something like this?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812boatseatdesign.jpghum!!! thats an idea,didnt think about doing it like that

Devilman
08-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Just an idea! Like I said, I didn't know how original you wanted to keep your boat. I thought about that layout & several others to try & maximize what space I had. The original layout was about the best. I looked into having 2 buckets in front & a small back seat but that ate up more space. I saw an Avenger on ebay awhile back like ours but had a seating arrangement similar to the one I showed you. Pretty cool. "Cocktail" seating I think is what they call it... :idea: Still have room for a cooler & a few items along with a big fat blower belt, without being all bunched up!!

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Just an idea! Like I said, I didn't know how original you wanted to keep your boat. I thought about that layout & several others to try & maximize what space I had. The original layout was about the best. I looked into having 2 buckets in front & a small back seat but that ate up more space. I saw an Avenger on ebay awhile back like ours but had a seating arrangement similar to the one I showed you. Pretty cool. "Cocktail" seating I think is what they call it... :idea: Still have room for a cooler & a few items along with a big fat blower belt, without being all bunched up!!you can bet you @ZZ the belt is gonna have a gaurd on it of some kind after having 2 of my fingers yanked off by one of our trucks im not taking a chance on it

sdba069
08-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey Randall.... As far as I know, I'll be here working.

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 08:06 AM
morning Garry! how's greaser deal looking?

Greaser
08-10-2005, 08:51 AM
morning Garry! how's greaser deal looking?
Not good. I have one broken piston, and a few other things he found. He is in the process of pulling the motor now to check everything else.
Maybe I need to start planning some kind of fun raiser or something. :frown: :cry:
Well, if I cant afford to have it fixed, I may have to sit out the rest of the year.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Not good. I have one broken piston, and a few other things he found. He is in the process of pulling the motor now to check everything else.
Maybe I need to start planning some kind of fun raiser or something. :frown: :cry:
Well, if I cant afford to have it fixed, I may have to sit out the rest of the year.
Shit Greaser! Sorry to hear that.... What kind of pistons were you running?
Next time we come to Somerville, you can ride with us. or Plowmans! Reminds me, I need to call up there....

Greaser
08-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Yea, it looks like its gonna be a gloomy day. Although the Machine shop is trying to work with me any way they can, but there workmanship leaves much to be desired.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
What kind of pistons were you running? Factory or something aftermarket?

Greaser
08-10-2005, 09:12 AM
They were after market dish top pistons. Speed Pro I think, but I'm not sure.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 09:26 AM
They were after market dish top pistons. Speed Pro I think, but I'm not sure.
I think I've got a set, but they're factory Ford dish pistons. Standard bore if I'm not mistaken. Don't know if that's anything you could use or not. If it is, your welcome to them. They're just sitting in a box at my old place, you'd wanna get 'em checked out of course, I honestly can't remember where they cam from... Lemme know.

Greaser
08-10-2005, 09:29 AM
I think I've got a set, but they're factory Ford dish pistons. Standard bore if I'm not mistaken. Don't know if that's anything you could use or not. If it is, your welcome to them. They're just sitting in a box at my old place, you'd wanna get 'em checked out of course, I honestly can't remember where they cam from... Lemme know.
Thanks, but I am already 60 over on my block, Hopefully the block is still salvageable.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks, but I am already 60 over on my block, Hopefully the block is still salvageable.
10-4!! Well, keep me posted. If I run across an engine or something, I'll let ya know. Also, you might you might get in contact with taylormanss & esabataj. Both of them said they'd help me out on mine, so they might know of something. San Antonio & Pt. Arthur aren't too far away...

Greaser
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
10-4!! Well, keep me posted. If I run across an engine or something, I'll let ya know. Also, you might you might get in contact with taylormanss & esabataj. Both of them said they'd help me out on mine, so they might know of something. San Antonio & Pt. Arthur aren't too far away...
Alright buddy, will do.

esabataj
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey Greaser, You got a ride in my boat anytime ya want :D

Greaser
08-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey Greaser, You got a ride in my boat anytime ya want :D
Thanks buddy.

1slowboat
08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Greaser, I have a friend that has a ford 468 ci... hyperintectics, truck rods, and heads, for 500 bucks!!!!! posibly deliver... If that will get you back on the water for Jetfest :cool:

taylormanss
08-10-2005, 05:51 PM
ebay look on ebay,there's not that many people I know who run fords,you might check with martybird I know he runs a ford!!!!!!!also Duane runs a ford in his jet hydro.

taylormanss
08-10-2005, 05:54 PM
garry you could come down to jetfest,it would be good to see ya.

BigMo
08-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey greaser i got a stock 460 block in the garage along with some pistons. lmk.
Mo

Greaser
08-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys. Garry found a few other problems, is is taking it to the machine shop, so I guess I will wait to see what they say.

Greaser
08-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey Greaser, I have a friend that has a ford 468 ci... hyperintectics, truck rods, and heads, for 500 bucks!!!!! posibly deliver... If that will get you back on the water for Jetfest :cool:
That sounds interesting.

460rogers
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Greaser
I have a 460.
I'll never use any of mine. :cry:

sdba069
08-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Greaser's motor will be headed to the machine shop in the morning. This must be Ford week. The 460 that was in the other jet that was sitting in the shop was trashed and it will be headed up with Greaser's motor. throw a 540 BBc in the mix and there's a truckload. TaylormanSS, thanks for the invite, but there's little danger I'll go anywhere that weekend. I'm usually pretty busy around here on holiday weekends. Plus, I'm going to try to put something together for the Outlaw race at Ft. Cobb, Ok the following weekend. I think our Bryan race is the weekend of the 27th. All you guys need to make that race, I highly recommend it. It's the final SDBA race of the year.

Greaser
08-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Greaser's motor will be headed to the machine shop in the morning. This must be Ford week. The 460 that was in the other jet that was sitting in the shop was trashed and it will be headed up with Greaser's motor. throw a 540 BBc in the mix and there's a truckload. TaylormanSS, thanks for the invite, but there's little danger I'll go anywhere that weekend. I'm usually pretty busy around here on holiday weekends. Plus, I'm going to try to put something together for the Outlaw race at Ft. Cobb, Ok the following weekend. I think our Bryan race is the weekend of the 27th. All you guys need to make that race, I highly recommend it. It's the final SDBA race of the year.
You know I will be there Garry, and my offer still stands on taking you out to eat at the best damn steak house on this part of the Brazos River.
And if any one else wants to meet up for a good steak dinner, while they are down for the Bryan races, let me know.

Devilman
08-12-2005, 09:56 AM
You know I will be there Garry, and my offer still stands on taking you out to eat at the best damn steak house on this part of the Brazos River.
And if any one else wants to meet up for a good steak dinner, while they are down for the Bryan races, let me know.
Keep me posted on the drags there. We'd still like to come provided my wallet has a little green in it!!

sdba069
08-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Bert......... I might have to take you up on that.

TexasJet
08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
I WILL BE THERE!!!! COME HELL OR HIGH WATER. Sat. nite steak dinner sounds good. I may have some motor related news of my own to share. :D :wink:

oldbuck40
08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I WILL BE THERE!!!! COME HELL OR HIGH WATER. Sat. nite steak dinner sounds good. I may have some motor related news of my own to share. :D :wink:uhhhhh like what?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
uhhhhh like what?
I hear Texasjet is getting 2 blowers on his boat plus a 500 shot of nitrous. He wants to break the speed of sound in his boat. Talk about a sleeper :2purples:
Omega

oldbuck40
08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
I hear Texasjet is getting 2 blowers on his boat plus a 500 shot of nitrous. He wants to break the speed of sound in his boat. Talk about a sleeper :2purples:
Omegahahaha he's gonna have to build a bigger dog house to cover his engine up!!! no nos! thats just asking for trouble in a lake boat :hammerhea

Greaser
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey Bert......... I might have to take you up on that.
Hey, just say the word

Greaser
08-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Sat. nite steak dinner sounds good. :D :wink:
Sounds like a plan

oldbuck40
08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a planHEY BERT HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR BOX THREAD YET!!! BLAME LUE IT HIS FAULT!

Greaser
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
HEY BERT HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR BOX THREAD YET!!! BLAME LUE IT HIS FAULT!
Yea, I'm tryin to get it back :lightsabe

TexasJet
08-12-2005, 06:05 PM
uhhhhh like what?
Welllll, that depends on what you are going to do to you motor. :wink: Seriously, I'm thinking about upgrading this winter. Not sure yet which way I'll go.

sdba069
08-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Jeff........ I'm thinking rubber band motor (blower belt). The only way to go.

TexasJet
08-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Hey Jeff........ I'm thinking rubber band motor (blower belt). The only way to go.
I would have to modify my gas tank and rear seat, and cut a hole in the motor cover. I'd rather not do all that. Well, maybe cut a hole in the motor cover would be OK. Might put on one of those cool blower scoops on to cover the carb air cleaner. :smile: