PDA

View Full Version : Engines coming out

Devilman
08-09-2005, 12:33 PM
this evening. Got the headers, water lines, motor mounts, etc. unhooked & outta the way. Hopefully, the tear down will commence, but just have to see how things are going around there. I'm dyin to know what went on in there... :hammerhea

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
this evening. Got the headers, water lines, motor mounts, etc. unhooked & outta the way. Hopefully, the tear down will commence, but just have to see how things are going around there. I'm dyin to know what went on in there... :hammerheai know this saying is starting to get old this summer but GET ER DONE! shoot if you werent so damn far down there i'd be there in a jiffy to help.

Devilman
08-09-2005, 12:48 PM
i know this saying is starting to get old this summer but GET ER DONE! shoot if you werent so damn far down there i'd be there in a jiffy to help.
I appreciate it!! If things turn out real bad, I know I'll be able to depend on you to give me a ride up river where I can dump that motor over the side & let the fish try & figure out what's wrong with it!! :D

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I appreciate it!! If things turn out real bad, I know I'll be able to depend on you to give me a ride up river where I can dump that motor over the side & let the fish try & figure out what's wrong with it!! :Dsomedays it sure makes you want to do somthing like that! heck my dad is like that he will get pissed at a hand tool or power tool cause it aint working to his satisfaction and he will cut it in half with the chop saw or beat the shit out of it with a sledge hammer and yea i will be rotflmao watching it too...

taylormanss
08-09-2005, 01:24 PM
hey devilman let us know if ya need anything?

Devilman
08-09-2005, 01:26 PM
somedays it sure makes you want to do somthing like that! heck my dad is like that he will get pissed at a hand tool or power tool cause it aint working to his satisfaction and he will cut it in half with the chop saw or beat the shit out of it with a sledge hammer and yea i will be rotflmao watching it too...
I hear you, big time!! Ask me about the "yellow bed" sometime.... :wink:
but not till we've got some beer around! LMAO!!!

Devilman
08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
hey devilman let us know if ya need anything?
Hey Randall, I sure will!! Like I said, I'm hoping he feels like, or has time to at least open it up & see what's going on in there..... Thanks for the hand!! You gonna be ready to try the river up here sometime in the near future?? (Devilman=fingers crossed!!)
Kenny

taylormanss
08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I'll ask ya at jetfest!

oldbuck40
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
I hear you, big time!! Ask me about the "yellow bed" sometime.... :wink:
but not till we've got some beer around! LMAO!!!remind me i wanna hear this one!

taylormanss
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Yea whenever you get your boat running,did you lock it up or what?what engine are you running?I know alot of people who might have what you need to get it running.Just let us know.

Devilman
08-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Yea whenever you get your boat running,did you lock it up or what?what engine are you running?I know alot of people who might have what you need to get it running.Just let us know.
It never locked up, in fact it sounds healthy as ever unless you give it a little throttle. Then, it sounds like a small rock flyin around in there. My guess is bearings. Carb may have dumped too much fuel, thinned the oil & ate one up? If that makes any sense. We thought timing at first, it had all the signs, but Duane was leaning towards fuel delivery. At first thinking too lean, but after pulling the plugs, & seeing the first plug on each side blackblack with all the rest normal I was thinking the bearing thing. Too bad too, she'll start up without even a pump on the gas!! Hopefully find out something this evening. If I do, I'll check back on here tonight, or tomorrow for sure, let you know what we find.... Something happens, I'll take you up on it... Appreciate it!!!

taylormanss
08-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I did the same thing in my taylor last year the month before jetfest washed the bearings out from a bad carb,I understand.i just talked to duane he said he was on his way to La grange to pick up Norman Cox's taylor to get it running for jetfest.

Devilman
08-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, Duane still wasn't home. I waited for a bit & then his buddy(can't recall his name at he moment) had me leave my boat there.... Said they'd have the motor out in the morning sometime & by the time I went by there to latch onto the boat tomorrow, the motor would be apart. Not exactly the scenario I was hoping for, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.... If things go really well, I'll know something during the day. If not, I hope to know something tomorrow evening. Keep ye fingers crossed! I did make sure & mention that the boat was SUPPOSED to be at Jetfest!! See what happens...

sdba069
08-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Maybe it's something as simple as a rocker arm. You should have mentioned it while you were here. We could have done a quick check on it. Good luck.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Maybe it's something as simple as a rocker arm. You should have mentioned it while you were here. We could have done a quick check on it. Good luck.
I didn't have the boat up there with me..... Could kick myself for not mentioning it though. Well, the wife already did! :D Thank you!

sdba069
08-10-2005, 08:05 AM
You are welcome and once again, GOOD LUCK.