PDA

View Full Version : Any one know how to...Registration #'s

Bryan Rose
08-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Any on know how to find who a boat is registered to through the Hull #'s on the side?
I need to know who owns this boat....NY 6238 UT
I need help...in more than one way
Bryan

Nord
08-09-2005, 03:03 PM
We're going to need some details there chief. Stricktly for the sake of nosey of course :redface:

Bryan Rose
08-09-2005, 03:04 PM
We're going to need some details there chief. Stricktly for the sake of nosey of course :redface:
Trying to buy the boat......end around the broker, he is lazy and greedy.Owner wants to sell and broker wants to make money

Bryan Rose
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Any one....I lost my decoder ring.

voodoomedman
08-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Any one....I lost my decoder ring.
Call the manufacturer if it's not the broker. If it's the original owner and the manufacturer has the info and is cool maybe they will contact them for you and give them your info.

Bryan Rose
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
COme on here , someone must have an idea on this or even better a Database to search....

C-2
08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
You might try the state of New York - see how they tax their boats. See if they can reverse the registration number (search it by number). Doubt it, but might be worth a try.
Other than that, maybe try a NY private investigation agency, who has access to the info. Searching a plate can be tricky since different states allow searches using different input criteria - vin numbers, tag numbers, hull number, tax number.
It didn't come up on several sources I have access to, which is why you need somebody in NY.

old school daycruiser
08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Several women have been attacked in California, after their homes were looked up via DMV records. It has been illegal for almost 20 years for the DMV or ANYONE to divulge that info.
Suppose someone sees your wife driving around, and decides to start sending letters to your house?
It happened to me (almost 20 years ago, and shes still hot imho), and it is NOT a good feeling.
If you are actively looking for a boat, and the seller is actively selling, then you should be able to eventually get together on a price.

azgfboatgirl
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Any on know how to find who a boat is registered to through the Hull #'s on the side?
I need to know who owns this boat....NY 6238 UT
I need help...in more than one way
Bryan
Good luck getting info from NY. They don't even deal with me. :(

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
You need to make friends with a NY police officer, or any type of LE.

C-2
08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Several women have been attacked in California, after their homes were looked up via DMV records. It has been illegal for almost 20 years for the DMV or ANYONE to divulge that info.
Suppose someone sees your wife driving around, and decides to start sending letters to your house?
It happened to me (almost 20 years ago, and shes still hot imho), and it is NOT a good feeling.
If you are actively looking for a boat, and the seller is actively selling, then you should be able to eventually get together on a price.
That's only half correct. Many states still allow access without maintaining strict licensing agreements. DMV info is usually dated info, which is why most PI's go directly to the social. The 1989 Rebecca Schaefer incident was the result of a hell-bent stalker - he would have found her without DMV info.
Most boats are considered "personal property" and are taxed and thus the info is public record. The address of the owner might not be, but the name certainly is.
Sounds like this is the long way to save some money?
;)

wildbillg
08-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Trying to buy the boat......end around the broker, he is lazy and greedy.Owner wants to sell and broker wants to make money
AHHHH
you could buy the boat from the broker?
Sounds to me like the boat is for sale with him?
I know when we have a boat for sale here, and someone trys to go around us,
the OWNER still has to pay a percentage to us, since the boat is or was shown and listed by us. Amazing that the broker is trying to make money selling the boat? Maybe that is what he is doing for a living and what pays his bills....
Kind of like when you go out to a resturant, that food dosent cost that much if you just buy it from the farm? Maybe you can go to the restrant and just pay them what they payed for the food, and just walk out?
:mix: :(

Bryan Rose
08-10-2005, 04:09 PM
AHHHH
you could buy the boat from the broker?
Sounds to me like the boat is for sale with him?
I know when we have a boat for sale here, and someone trys to go around us,
the OWNER still has to pay a percentage to us, since the boat is or was shown and listed by us. Amazing that the broker is trying to make money selling the boat? Maybe that is what he is doing for a living and what pays his bills....
Kind of like when you go out to a resturant, that food dooes'nt cost that much if you just buy it from the farm? Maybe you can go to the restrant and just pay them what they payed for the food, and just walk out?
:mix: :(
I understand what you are saying... after all I make a living selling things that I buy low and sell high....the difference is that I own the product I have and make a profit on what I buy not what I consign....from some one. My reason for trying to go around the broker is he has done nothing to earn the money on the sale he has to earn the commision...I have to do the chasing of him to call me back , constant reminders to call the owner...get the boat cleaned up get the foot of standing water out of the front cabin that has been sitting there for 3 months molding the front cabin up...etc... oh well you know what it's not worth it.......................
Bryan

76BARRON
08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
don't know how thorough a dealer is about cleaning out the boats(or car's) before sale,but I have upon inspection of many boats in the past have almost always found a copy of registration somewhere in the boat. under seats,dash
v-berth,storage pockets etc....and or service records with name,address etc.
Happy hunting! :D

wildbillg
08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I understand what you are saying... after all I make a living selling things that I buy low and sell high....the difference is that I own the product I have and make a profit on what I buy not what I consign....from some one. My reason for trying to go around the broker is he has done nothing to earn the money on the sale he has to earn the commision...I have to do the chasing of him to call me back , constant reminders to call the owner...get the boat cleaned up get the foot of standing water out of the front cabin that has been sitting there for 3 months molding the front cabin up...etc... oh well you know what it's not worth it.......................
Bryan
Ok so what your saying is it is OK for YOU to make money from things that your steal (buy low and sell high)from someone else, but its not ok for HIM to make a living on things that HE advertises for sale and aggranges financing, and pays for the lot to show to potential buyers?
WOW
your right ITS NOT WORTH IT......
Go right ahead and buy the boat low and sell it for more.
(kind of like what he does) but different.... I get it.... :confused:

Bryan Rose
08-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Ok so what your saying is it is OK for YOU to make money from things that your steal (buy low and sell high)from someone else, but its not ok for HIM to make a living on things that HE advertises for sale and aggranges financing, and pays for the lot to show to potential buyers?
WOW
your right ITS NOT WORTH IT......
Go right ahead and buy the boat low and sell it for more.
(kind of like what he does) but different.... I get it.... :confused:
I go to Europe 4 times a year buying 24 containers of Antiques a year and wholesale in the United states... my Biz for over 8 years... I paid over $ 125,000.00 in shipping alone last year, but yes I do understand what you are saying though.... I sell my product at a fair price no middle man nothing just a good price on a great product...I hat e middle men... I understand what you are saying .....Seller has the boat priced right Broker makes it too high that's all, come on we all want the best deal we can get...I do know what you mean just don't like it...LOL
We all want the best deal
Bryan