PDA

View Full Version : rockingham county nc

schiada96
08-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Who is local there? I'm close to leaving this rat race.5 bedrooms 3 baths 14 acres pool and a shop for $225,000

DaveA
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Don't blame you for leaving- I hear more and more folks are bailing from out there. When is you movin'? Sounds like a super deal!
Now you know that you've got to have your passport validated for Nawth Caroliner, have a job lined up, and be able to pay the high taxes that our gummint has forced upon us here. But they'll be cheap considering what yer used to.
So where are you thinking about living? Reidsville? Stoneville? Madison-Mayodan? You won't be far from Belews Creek Lake in the southwest part of the county.
I'm about 1.5 hrs southwest. Grew up just south of there in Guilford Co. You've got several of us within an hour of Rockingham County.

schiada96
08-09-2005, 05:14 PM
My parents live in Eden, I'm looking at Reidsville,Stoneville and a couple more places. I can have a job as soon as I get there in Kernersville. You live down by the nascar lake?

GasGuzzler
08-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Nice area and about the only traffic backup you get in will be behind a school bus. Not far from there to Belews Creek, Philpot Dam, and even High Rock Lake is just down the road. Sounds like you know the area. :supp:

nitro557
08-09-2005, 07:12 PM
very nice area i come down 3 times a year for racing,not nascar,ton loads more laid back than northern va

nitro557
08-09-2005, 07:25 PM
oh ya price of housing you couldnt buy a shed in la for what youll get a house for in nc ,and there are some nice houses down there almost had the thought of 5hrs isnt that far to commute

DaveA
08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
My parents live in Eden, I'm looking at Reidsville,Stoneville and a couple more places. I can have a job as soon as I get there in Kernersville. You live down by the nascar lake?
My younger bro lives just north of K-ville. I used to live east of there near the GSO airport just off I-40.
Yeah, I'm down on 'the NASCAR lake' :D on the northeast end of it. There's a bunch of NASCAR drivers & team members in the area, along with all the support businesses that go along with it. My neighbor's daughters hang with all the 'young guns' so I hear about their social lives from time to time. Yawn.
I think I remember you saying your folks were in Eden in another post some time back.
Beat the rush- go ahead and move on out here! Fitz and his family did it years ago and won't go back. (see below)