PDA

View Full Version : Paid $3.09 for Diesel....$73.00 to fill the truck

Parker
08-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I have nothing more to say other than WTF.....

Kilrtoy
08-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I agree this is BULLSHIT........
gas is starting to cost more than the housing market in Cali....

Parker
08-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I've never seen diesel be more expensive than super....looks like they are taking advantage of diesel owners.

WYRD
08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I agree but I wonder why the trucking industury hasn't said a damn thing about it..........it has to be killing them :confused:

WetWillie
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Isnt Diesel like 40 Octane ? What the hell? :burningm:

Phat Matt
08-09-2005, 11:22 PM
When I bought mine 2 years ago I could get it for $1.39. It has more than doubled now. Explain that.

JetBoatRich
08-10-2005, 03:15 AM
I have nothing more to say other than WTF.....
You must have only needed half a tank :yuk: we have hit near the century mark a few times :cry: and that was at around $2.91 per gallon :cry:

Dusty Times
08-10-2005, 04:06 AM
It's the fact that it's more than super now that I don't understand. :mad:

HammerDown
08-10-2005, 04:51 AM
Isnt Diesel like 40 Octane ?
"diesel/octane"...Now that's funny as hell...rotflmao.
Almost as funny when yuppie diesel owners talk about their diesel's (gas) mileage. Say what :messedup:

Devilman
08-10-2005, 04:55 AM
I agree but I wonder why the trucking industury hasn't said a damn thing about it..........it has to be killing them :confused:
Got that right! Running this truck scale, I hear that all day long & the diesel here is sitting at $2.39.... :jawdrop:

ECeptor
08-10-2005, 04:57 AM
When I bought mine 2 years ago I could get it for $1.39. It has more than doubled now. Explain that.
Easy to explain. Look no further than Washington D.C. and who has financial interest in seeing that happen and the means to make it happen.

Freak
08-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Don't worry. Once it's not possible for a whole class of people to afford airfare or Truck/SUV daily drivers the energy streams they were using will be diverted back to the system. :D

HammerDown
08-10-2005, 05:06 AM
I've never seen diesel be more expensive than super....looks like they are taking advantage of diesel owners.
For several years now in my area of SE Pa, Diesels always been higher than Premium grade gas! And that's just BS!
I've owned a Diesel Ford since the 1980's...when it wasn't "trendy" to own one and the thing to be (seen in) :rolleyes: .
Fuel was way below the cost of Regular grade Gas and maybe $.70 a gallon.
I blame the high (fuel) prices on all these trendy yup's...that go buy a big F250, raise it up to the sky (bling-bling-bling)...and just go grocery shopping with it :hammerhea :rolleyes: :notam:
J/K...they say Diesel fuels more money (now) because of the extra processing steps taken to remove the sulfer from it as lead was taken out of gas back in the late 70's.
My answer, go back to a gas vehicle.

Freak
08-10-2005, 05:08 AM
For several years now in my area of SE Pa, Diesels always been higher than Premium grade gas!
I've owned a Diesel Ford since the 1980's...when it wasn't "trendy" to own one and the thing to have.
Fuel was way below the cost of Regular grade Gas and maybe $.70 a gallon.
I blame the high (fuel) prices on all these trendy yup's...that go buy a big F250, raise it up to the sky (bling-bling-bling)...and just go grocery shopping with it :hammerhea :rolleyes: :notam:
J/K...they say Diesel fuels more money (now) because of the extra processing steps taken to remove the sulfer from it as lead was taken out of gas back in the late 70's.
My answer, go back to a gas vehicle.
Oh yes the new epa regs for cleaner diesel will be paid by us.

Dusty Times
08-10-2005, 05:12 AM
I'm about to start running red in my power stroke but don't want to get my tank dipped :hammerhea

Devilman
08-10-2005, 05:19 AM
There was a thread on here a while back when fuel started going up about "bio-diesel"... Peanut oil or soybean oil, something like that? Is that one of those "more trouble than its worth" type of deals or something to it...

HammerDown
08-10-2005, 05:28 AM
Is that one of those "more trouble than its worth" type of deals or something to it...
Pretty much...it's something that needs to also be processed. True one can do it in their garrage but $$$. In it's raw state bio fuels are way to thick.

crf311
08-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Ride a bike.

Waist Deep
08-10-2005, 05:47 AM
Go to Dieselstop.com, in the forum section you will find all you need to know about running bio diesel and making it yourself.

Danhercules
08-10-2005, 06:47 AM
What gets me is the price all around. Gas usually is a few cents cheeper or more. What I dont get, its $2.99 everywhere I have seen. Mission Vejo, Anahiem, Norco, Upland.
I did find ONE that was diffrent, and they are cheeper than most all the time. $2.85. I filled up, 100 gal. While I was pumping, the price was changed to $2.93.
Good thing my boat dose not run on Diesel.

boatnam2
08-10-2005, 07:06 AM
dan thrifty on hamner had it for 2.61 saturday,i waited until sunday to fill up and it jumped 28cents to 2.99.in one day.

Freak
08-10-2005, 07:14 AM
From what I've been told. Diesel is artifically inflated to insure that consumers don't switch from gasoline vehicles.. Industry (such as trucking) buys it at the lower rate (blue diesel) - Show the right license and you can buy dyed diesel considerablly cheaper than gasoline.
In a way its really just a taxpayer subsidy of the trucking industry. If people found diesel cheaper to use and went to it en masse then of course the price would rise. But by keeping the cost of consumer diesel artifically high (more than gasoline most places) it keeps pressure off trucking and industrial/military costs.
If it's true (truckers speak up if not) then yes, you should be pissed....

hoolign
08-10-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm about to start running red in my power stroke but don't want to get my tank dipped :hammerhea
They don't need to dip your tank!, They sit on the side of the road and point a laser at vehicles and can tell what your running from the emissions. Deisel is still better even at the cost it's at. You dont get the milage out of a tank of gas, or the power. We run deisels in the oil patch beacuase of availability in remote areas. Somthing always runs on deisel so it's always in abundance.

chub
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Diesel in Huntington Beach this morning was 3.19$. Gas in Needles at the 76 on J was 3.19,3.29, and 3.41 respectively. :yuk:

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 07:36 AM
If somehow this equates in the short term to less idiots on the road, I am all for it.
I would happily pay $400/month to have it more difficult/expensive to operate a vehicle in California. I would make the extra money, and choose to spend it having a vehicle.
I drove up to Anaheim on Saturday. I sat in bad traffic going north from Carlsbad all the way to Anaheim. I saw some serious idiots on the road doing some truly stupid stuff. None were in BMWs. All were in vehicles with little or no expense invested into them, and they drove like they didn't care what happened to them or their pieces of shit.
Way I see it, if it gets just one fiesta with no taillights off the road, or keeps the idiots in a clapped out Cavalier that tried to merge onto the 133 from the Carpool lane (5 lanes of traffic... straight across) then I am for higher gas prices.
Hell, maybe it will make the prospect of getting all of your homies together and renting a boat a lot less appealing...

2Driver
08-10-2005, 07:55 AM
If somehow this equates in the short term to less idiots on the road, I am all for it.
I would happily pay $400/month to have it more difficult/expensive to operate a vehicle in California. I would make the extra money, and choose to spend it having a vehicle.
I drove up to Anaheim on Saturday. I sat in bad traffic going north from Carlsbad all the way to Anaheim. I saw some serious idiots on the road doing some truly stupid stuff. None were in BMWs. All were in vehicles with little or no expense invested into them, and they drove like they didn't care what happened to them or their pieces of shit.
Way I see it, if it gets just one fiesta with no taillights off the road, or keeps the idiots in a clapped out Cavalier that tried to merge onto the 133 from the Carpool lane (5 lanes of traffic... straight across) then I am for higher gas prices.
Hell, maybe it will make the prospect of getting all of your homies together and renting a boat a lot less appealing...
Yeah! FU-- all those lazy non-elitists non BMW driving dumb bastards. :idea:
Hile~!

hoolign
08-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah! FU-- all those lazy non-elitists non BMW driving dumb bastards. :idea:
Hile~!
WTF?? Hile????
I agree with Wes. Get those contraption driving, don't know left from right, runnem till they fall apart morons off the road. 50 dollar cars with all the lights taped up with red or orange tape. Exhaust missing , smoking like a bastard. All they need to do is keep the prices up for a while and those cars will be in the scrap yard where they belong.

2Driver
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
WTF?? Hile????
I agree with Wes. Get those contraption driving, don't know left from right, runnem till they fall apart morons off the road. 50 dollar cars with all the lights taped up with red or orange tape. Exhaust missing , smoking like a bastard. All they need to do is keep the prices up for a while and those cars will be in the scrap yard where they belong.
I'm thinking that pulling more money from the "Plum Pickers" with higher gas prices will make the matter you speak of worse. I am not thinking they will start walking anytime soon. If that was the case it would have happend between $1 to $2. I think they will jsut stop buying the red and orange tape. :D

Jordy
08-10-2005, 08:24 AM
They don't need to dip your tank!, They sit on the side of the road and point a laser at vehicles and can tell what your running from the emissions.
You guys must have some really high tech shiznit in Canada. Down here the DOT guys all carry a length of clear tube and dip the tank. As far a emissions giving any indication, the only difference, at least down here, between the red and clear is the color. I know guys that have run red for years and never had a problem. In 12 years of running diesel pickups, I've never been checked for red and have run it a couple times because it was there. ;)

hoolign
08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm thinking that pulling more money from the "Plum Pickers" with higher gas prices will make the matter you speak of worse. I am not thinking they will start walking anytime soon. If that was the case it would have happend between $1 to $2. I think they will jsut stop buying the red and orange tape. :D
Well that is possible, BUT, with fuel prices going through the roof it's bound to get a bunch of junk off the road.

Vada
08-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Well I have to disagree with you on this one. I happen to own a newer car and raise a daughter on my own while holding down a full time job. I struggle every month to make ends meet. The cost of gas certainly is making it difficult to keep my car on the road and get myself to work.
I would say in some cases some people are forced to drived peices of crap because not everyone can afford these ridiculous gas prices and the cost of insurance(now thats a whole other thread!)
There's my 2 cents :D

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Well I have to disagree with you on this one. I happen to own a newer car and raise a daughter on my own while holding down a full time job. I struggle every month to make ends meet. The cost of gas certainly is making it difficult to keep my car on the road and get myself to work.
I would say in some cases some people are forced to drived peices of crap because not everyone can afford these ridiculous gas prices and the cost of insurance(now thats a whole other thread!)
There's my 2 cents :D
The reason we can't afford insurance is because of the pieces of crap.
Pull more people off the road who drive like they have nothing to lose, and there will be less reason to have expensive insurance.
I am not saying that my way should be national policy... I just think it is working out fine for me. I have personally seen some folks I wouldn't want on the road explaining that they weren't going to go somewhere because they didn't have gas money. I didn't feel as bad paying $3.06 at Valero the next morning.
Who is the big winner???? That's right.... America! ;)
I couldn't afford a car once. I was about 17-18 and worked 11 miles from where I lived. My parents wouldn't pay for my insurance, I couldn't afford a car, so I traded some stuff for a bicycle, and rode it every day. I got in great shape, got rained on about a hundred times and really got my shit together quickly. I got VERY motivated to solve my financial problems, and did so. By buying a motorcycle BTW.... Still got wet, but it was an easier commute.
No sympathy here. People assume they are entitled to stuff they can't afford. People have acted like driving is a right. It isn't. It is a priviledge, and in my jaded opinion the best stuff is stuff not everyone can afford. One of the reasons I like boating is it does a pretty good job keeping out the riff-raff. Just go to the beach one of these days if you are still wondering what I am talking about. Sure, I miss the beach, but I don't want to go there anymore with all of the gang-style bullshit that goes on there all the time.
BTW, I don't drive a BMW... I drive a three year old Chevy. I was making a point.

Mardonzi
08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I broke down and bought a truck box tank from KSH a couple of weeks ago and now fill it up whenever I'm at a cheaper fill station for Diesel ($2.27 a gallon at the Loves Truck Stop in Holbrook AZ last week). I figure that the tank should pay for itself pretty quick with $3.00 a gallon plus prices...

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, I have some serious firsthand experience how this is working out really well...
One of my employees is looking to get out of his place and move closer so he can start either running or riding a bike to work. I am going to put in a shower for them to encourage this mentality. I may even start doing it.
The more I think about it, the more I hope this is part of a plan.

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Well that is possible, BUT, with fuel prices going through the roof it's bound to get a bunch of junk off the road.
It will have to. It might not happen overnight, but if this hike in prices is combined with an increase in registration and parking enforcement, this might get a whole lot of garbage off the road and into junk yards.

boater72
08-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Don't worry. Once it's not possible for a whole class of people to afford airfare or Truck/SUV daily drivers the energy streams they were using will be diverted back to the system. :D
This will happen but I don't see it diverting back to the system. :cry:

Nord
08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
F*ck Diesel!!! :p :rollside: :rollside:

Seadog
08-10-2005, 09:27 AM
As much as we are going to hate it, we are in for a lifestyle change. Some future day, we may convert to another source of fuel, but right now we are peaking out. The oil industry knows we need new refineries to handle the higher demands, but they have no incentive to do so. There are no new oil sources to bring oil from within several years, they can sell all they produce and it would take so much hassle and time to build a new plant. It does not make fiscal sense. Especially if the amount of oil we can receive goes down due to competition from China and India. The only solutution for America is a gradual reverse of lifestyle. Moving into communities where transit systems can deliver people to work and shop will become a big thing. This is not a bad thing when done right. Suburbia will shrink and stores will become more localized. Large retailers will revise their operations and will probably experiment with establishing shopping transit systems.
The fuel intensive activities are going to have to be reviewed. A lot less retirees on the road with their motorhomes and a lot less big boats, big SUVs, etc. I am screwed because my fuel costs are going to rise by probably $3000/year and the cost of living pay raise I get, will not cover half of that. When you figure what the fuel costs is going to do to all goods, many of us will see a major decline in discretionary funds. My sympathy is for Froggy and others in a volatile industry like boating. The number of people that are going to feel like buying a new boat is going to drop like a rock. A lot of good builders have sunk in this type of economy and for many industries, life is going to get rough. It is going to be real easy to get a bargain on a RV this fall. Just my .02.

hoolign
08-10-2005, 09:29 AM
It will have to. It might not happen overnight, but if this hike in prices is combined with an increase in registration and parking enforcement, this might get a whole lot of garbage off the road and into junk yards.
It would not hurt my feeings. When I spend thousands on maitanance to ensure my steering, brakes etc.. are all in safe working order ( and my truck gets tortured) So I have peace of mind for my and others safety on the road, it makes me ill knowing that here are morons out there who don't even know what status the vehicles they are propelling down the road, are in. I replace tires when they appear near 25%, while others run them to the point the wires are poking out, bald as a hairy chrishna, while driving like assholes down the highway. Tail pipes dragging on the road at 70 mph, no signal lights, brake lights don't work, when they hit the brakes you can see them fighting to stay in control. Scrap em!

Vada
08-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Pull more people off the road who drive like they have nothing to lose, and there will be less reason to have expensive insurance.
I am not saying that my way should be national policy... I just think it is working out fine for me. I have personally seen some folks I wouldn't want on the road explaining that they weren't going to go somewhere because they didn't have gas money. I didn't feel as bad paying $3.06 at Valero the next morning.
I couldn't afford a car once. I was about 17-18 and worked 11 miles from where I lived. My parents wouldn't pay for my insurance, I couldn't afford a car, so I traded some stuff for a bicycle, and rode it every day. I got in great shape, got rained on about a hundred times and really got my shit together quickly. I got VERY motivated to solve my financial problems, and did so. By buying a motorcycle BTW.... Still got wet, but it was an easier commute.
No sympathy here. People assume they are entitled to stuff they can't afford. People have acted like driving is a right. It isn't. It is a priviledge, and in my jaded opinion the best stuff is stuff not everyone can afford. One of the reasons I like boating is it does a pretty good job keeping out the riff-raff. Just go to the beach one of these days if you are still wondering what I am talking about. Sure, I miss the beach, but I don't want to go there anymore with all of the gang-style bullshit that goes on there all the time.
BTW, I don't drive a BMW... I drive a three year old Chevy. I was making a point.
The reason why we can't afford insurance is because there are some really bad drivers out there. These drivers sometimes are driving older crappers, old, and New cars. They drive like retards and thats why insurance is high. Not because of crappy cars.
I don't have alot of money but I certainly know how to drive as anyone could clearly see by my driving record.
So are you saying that I don't deserve to drive because I don't make alot of money. Should I not have the same rights as people such as yourself???
I think the real reason behind the price in gas is (a) we are eating all of our natural resources...we will run out eventually (b) government taxing is probably I would guess a shad high (c) and wait....the oil companies are money hungry...can it be???

2Driver
08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Prosperity for all and the elimination of poverty through higher crude prices! :hammerhea jeez

Vada
08-10-2005, 10:05 AM
:wink:

Essex29
08-10-2005, 10:11 AM
I just filled up my Suburban at Costco....71.00.........wtf? :cry:

boater72
08-10-2005, 10:13 AM
I think the real reason behind the price in gas is (a) we are eating all of our natural resources...we will run out eventually (b) government taxing is probably I would guess a shad high (c) and wait....the oil companies are money hungry...can it be???
government taxing is probably I would guess a shad high
Ca is a shad high?
.the oil companies are money hungry...can it be??
Can't be as they posted record $3.5 billion profit first time ever. :hammer2:

Vada
08-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Damn conversion system!!!
I go by litres!!!
So I have no idea what this even means.
Here I had to pay 99.9 cents per litre and that was only because they did not have any room/space on the board to put it past a buck yet.

Vada
08-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Ca is a shad high?
lol...geeze imagine that!!!

Eliminator 4 Life
08-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I agree this is BULLSHIT........
gas is starting to cost more than the housing market in Cali....
Gas or Diesel ??? :yuk:

2Driver
08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Ca is a shad high?
...and bush's new energy bill just gave them a 2.5 billion dollar credit?!!! WTF

cdog
I think the oil company's know that they will be in for hard times ahead so they are taking in as much profit as they possiably can right now. Things will change over the next couple of years and energy goes from their hands to someone else's. Why do you think you see those stupid BP comercials on tv where the gas company's try to sell you on the fact that their on our side. Fuel is a nessasary evil. Why the hell would they need to advertise?

Froggystyle
So are you saying that I don't deserve to drive because I don't make alot of money. Should I not have the same rights as people such as yourself???
Driving is not a right.
I am not suggesting that your freedom of speech, or right to bear arms is in jeopardy. And no, I am not suggesting that because you are not rich you shouldn't get to drive. I am suggesting that in a world of higher priced gas, everyone needs to make adjustments to their fuel consumption, and will likely do so.
Every 55 mph towing speed limit is out there because some jackasses in ill-equipped trucks were towing in excess of that and probably caused some accidents. Or, truckers were speeding and causing accidents. I have to pay for their stupidity every time I tow something. Again, I would gladly pay extra for a "towing certification" to keep the minority of bad towers from effecting my ability to get where I am going in a safe manner. If you can't afford the cert, you probably can't afford the brakes and safety equipment needed either.
When you increase the cost, the demand goes down. I personally would love to see the demand go down. One of the nicest things about flying is that it really, really limits the riff raff. Nobody wants to go up in a claptrap plane, and the FAA won't let you anyway because you need annual inspections that are also very expensive. Why don't you complain about how expensive flying is?
When they start taxing us per mile on bikes I will complain. Until then, I will pay the extra money because it is important to me. Frankly, America would probably be a better place if people would be forced to get off their asses a little.
And Seadog...
As long as there is anyone in the country making money, and want the best, I will do fine. Even in the depression there were Rockefellers and Morgans. There will never be a shortage of professionals (doctors, lawyers, real estate, stocks etc...) to buy the very best available.
Anytime you think America is going broke, you need to step outside of your own (and my own) wallet. The guy who bought boat #2 ($169,000) wrote a check. There is plenty of money out there.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Froggystyle did you get my PM?? :cool:

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 10:31 AM
BTW... Anyone who wants to complain about the petroleum companies and how much money they make should start one up so they can share in those big profits. Show them who is boss. Greedy petroleum companies with their tankers and international businesses keeping the whole country moving...
Stop complaining... it is keeping Hooli employed.

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Froggystyle did you get my PM?? :cool:
Wrote you back yesterday...
I have been having trouble with PM's for no reason though. Bust me your e-mail addy...

Eliminator 4 Life
08-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Wrote you back yesterday...
I have been having trouble with PM's for no reason though. Bust me your e-mail addy...
Thanks Rob

Vada
08-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Driving is not a right.
I am not suggesting that your freedom of speech, or right to bear arms is in jeopardy. And no, I am not suggesting that because you are not rich you shouldn't get to drive. I am suggesting that in a world of higher priced gas, everyone needs to make adjustments to their fuel consumption, and will likely do so.
Every 55 mph towing speed limit is out there because some jackasses in ill-equipped trucks were towing in excess of that and probably caused some accidents. Or, truckers were speeding and causing accidents. I have to pay for their stupidity every time I tow something. Again, I would gladly pay extra for a "towing certification" to keep the minority of bad towers from effecting my ability to get where I am going in a safe manner. If you can't afford the cert, you probably can't afford the brakes and safety equipment needed either.
When you increase the cost, the demand goes down. I personally would love to see the demand go down. One of the nicest things about flying is that it really, really limits the riff raff. Nobody wants to go up in a claptrap plane, and the FAA won't let you anyway because you need annual inspections that are also very expensive. Why don't you complain about how expensive flying is?
When they start taxing us per mile on bikes I will complain. Until then, I will pay the extra money because it is important to me. Frankly, America would probably be a better place if people would be forced to get off their asses a little.
And Seadog...
As long as there is anyone in the country making money, and want the best, I will do fine. Even in the depression there were Rockefellers and Morgans. There will never be a shortage of professionals (doctors, lawyers, real estate, stocks etc...) to buy the very best available.
Anytime you think America is going broke, you need to step outside of your own (and my own) wallet. The guy who bought boat #2 ($169,000) wrote a check. There is plenty of money out there.
Let me guess...you work for either the government or the oil companies. As long as you keep justifing the gas prices, you get your fair share of the deal. Huh Huh??? :D :D
By the way, I'm not arguing with you...just bored and stating my opinion.
What do you expect, I'm a women. I'm loud and clear on what I think! :D

Vada
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Screw it all!
I could do without those corporate boozo's anyway
I want to live in a cave.

Nord
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
SOMEONE PASS THE............
http://www.acemart.com/graphics/00000001/products/GMP2268.jpg

Vada
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
This is getting heated!! :eat:

Seadog
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Froggy, it was more to make a point than being specific. You have a great product and attitude, so you should do better than most. I do think the recreation industry is going to suffer, but it will probably hurt the lower tiers most.
I am hoping most for coal gasification to tame the beast. A Tulsa based company is set to begin the process within a few years with the signing of the energy bill. We have the world's largest reserves of coal and at current prices, it could produce 10% of our needs within the decade. The nice part is that the plants are built at the coal mines, coal goes in and ultra pure diesel comes out without further refining. They soon expect to be producing gasoline. Coal gasification has been around since 1923, but the newer technology and current prices make it practical. Right now they can make natural gas into fuel and it will take little tweaking to make it with coal.

hoolign
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
BTW... Anyone who wants to complain about the petroleum companies and how much money they make should start one up so they can share in those big profits. Show them who is boss. Greedy petroleum companies with their tankers and international businesses keeping the whole country moving...
Stop complaining... it is keeping Hooli employed.
I actually suggest you all go out and buy a few more vehicles!! :D
I think if anyone believes they have the "right" to drive a vehicle, then it's all other motorists "right" to know all vehicles they meet are in tip top shape! You don't have the "right" to endanger me, you don't have the "right" to knowingly run unsafe vehicles! If you can't afford to make them and keep them safe....start pedaling or walking fukkers!

meaniam
08-10-2005, 01:14 PM
when these people start buying these festiva civic caviliers. that they dont care much about, just bought them for gas milage. cuase it is a lot cheaper to drive a festiva with a 8 gallon take that may go 2 weeks, vs my boat hauler that is just sitting in the driveway. but takes only 27 gallons to fill and doing that every 4 days, starts to make the wallet go down and payment on truck payment on truck and insurance a little tighter.( i havent faced any of this yet. but i am thinking of getting a little sippy car. as i dont enjoy throwing my cash away) im sure the numbers of uninsured 500 dollar cars will go up. so when someone hits your rig towing your boat in the cluster f@ck we call freeways, and cuases that 50k worth of property damage. dont expect sympathy when you find out they only bought the states min required insurance for that 500 dollar gas sipper they re driving.
cheer on. and pretend the gas prices arent bothering you in the slightist

Froggystyle
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
cheer on. and pretend the gas prices arent bothering you in the slightist
You evidently miss my point. I don't like that they are going up. I buy gas too. I like what I have seen as a result. People moving closer to work, experimenting with alternative transportation methods, buying more fuel efficient cars etc...

BALLSDEEP
08-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Froggy: I agree with you 100% about a lot of things and how they are a privilege in America. Like everyone else on these boards, we all work our asses off to have nice shit and enjoy it when we want. Boating is a privilege there is no doubt about it and it’s not cheap to own a boat and enjoy it. It’s just frustrating when you feel like you have gotten to a point in your life where we all have worked hard to have all these nice things and suddenly its harder and keeps getting harder to enjoy them. It always seems like something. During the summer time when everyone is traveling fuel prices go up and we also run into energy shortages. During the wintertime natural gas goes up for heating and we have an energy shortage during. I don’t really know what I am trying to say other than it’s extremely frustrating. At some point, you would think that the government would step in more and intervene.

BoatPI
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
It was $2.49 to $2.65 at Havasu today, and cheapest gas went to $2.33.

SSTahoe
08-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Diesel is $3.24 here and regular unleaded is $2.51

BALLSDEEP
08-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Its $3.00 a gallon here. Its crazy to think when I first bought my truck new in 1999 that diesel was less that 1 dollar a gallon. I could fill it up for $40.00

JetBoatRich
08-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I pass through the Cajon Pass for work, there is a gas station that was $3.09 per gallon for Diesel yesterday, this morning it jumped to $3.19 :mad:

77charger
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
but dont diesels get twice the milage??Dont worry it will only take longer to equal out the extra upfront cost.
Saw it for 3.10 today in laguna hills.apparent ly the oil companies can charge the amount they do we the people are paying it and not slowing down on usage.we still use our boats,cars,toys,drive everywhere.I spend alot of time on the raods and the traffic has gotten worse this summer.When i go to the lakes the crodws are still there the 5 mpg motorhomes are still arrrivng as i am leaving. :confused: :confused:

hoolign
08-10-2005, 06:43 PM
but dont diesels get twice the milage??Dont worry it will only take longer to equal out the extra upfront cost.
Saw it for 3.10 today in laguna hills.apparent ly the oil companies can charge the amount they do we the people are paying it and not slowing down on usage.we still use our boats,cars,toys,drive everywhere.I spend alot of time on the raods and the traffic has gotten worse this summer.When i go to the lakes the crodws are still there the 5 mpg motorhomes are still arrrivng as i am leaving. :confused: :confused:
Interesting analogy..And I agree..what it boils down to ..is pay up suckers!

77charger
08-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Interesting analogy..And I agree..what it boils down to ..is pay up suckers!
forgot to add do you want synthetic lube for that or plain ol KY

Waist Deep
08-11-2005, 07:50 AM
www.kitchen-biodiesel.com

Freak
08-11-2005, 08:22 AM
This will happen but I don't see it diverting back to the system. :cry:
LOL true. I was just being a smartass. :)

Freak
08-11-2005, 08:25 AM
I think the oil company's know that they will be in for hard times ahead so they are taking in as much profit as they possiably can right now. Things will change over the next couple of years and energy goes from their hands to someone else's. Why do you think you see those stupid BP comercials on tv where the gas company's try to sell you on the fact that their on our side. Fuel is a nessasary evil. Why the hell would they need to advertise?
CDOG=smart man. BP new commercials are interesting. I find a oil company talking about shortage and moving to NG VERY INTERESTING.

Vada
08-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Well on tv the other week, I saw a couple driving around using the gas emitted from their fecal matter.
This, in my opinion, is clearly the way to go! :wink:

meaniam
08-11-2005, 10:34 AM
You evidently miss my point. I don't like that they are going up. I buy gas too. I like what I have seen as a result. People moving closer to work, experimenting with alternative transportation methods, buying more fuel efficient cars etc...
im sorry i did not get your point. i would hope with the rise in gas prices. that the people resorting to civic cavilers and festivas would invest a little bit of money in their cars, to keep them safe. i have seen more and more festivas popping out. they all seem to be in safe working condition, other then them not exceeding 55mph. no brakes in a car w/ as much structure as a tin can would just be stupid.
on the other hand
the lines at the lake will be shorter. less people parking on luanch ramp to go eat. less traffic on the lakes. those are all positives to rising gas prices

meaniam
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
isnt desil and karosen <sp?> the same thing. if so good help the peeps back east this winter. oh and the cunucks

Vada
08-11-2005, 10:38 AM
fistivas...hahaha
I like firefly's too!
lol :lightsabe

Freak
08-11-2005, 12:43 PM
There have been four significant events the past month.
1) BP has announced a delay in the start up of thunder horse #? of at least 6 months
http://energyreview.net/storyview.asp?storyid=43279&sectionsource=s70
-210.000 bd
2) Statoil anounced that the startup of the Kristin field will be delayed for one year due to reservoir problems
http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=24306
-230.000 bd
3) Shell anounced that the startup of the Salakin-2 field in russia will be delayed by at least a year
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/08/04/047.html
-200.000 bd
4) In India the Bombay high field is shut down because the oil platform burned down http://sg.news.yahoo.com/050727/1/3ts9v.html
-100.000 bd
That means that the production estimates for next year have to be cut by something like 600.000 bd.
Meanwhile depletion of existing fields will more than make up for anything coming online in 2007.
Other than a whole lot of people not being able to afford recreational vehicles. I see issues of product supply in the future that may contribute to a boat manufactures demise. I'd say many products used in the manufacturing process are petroleum based.
Rationing of petroleum for transport/agriculture/energy production and the outlawing of any unnecessary fossil fuel engines will be a problem for such a business.
What Synthetics are not petroleum based?

cdog
08-11-2005, 02:04 PM
CDOG=smart man. BP new commercials are interesting. I find a oil company talking about shortage and moving to NG VERY INTERESTING.
Thanks, I was waiting for someone to chime in on that one.

BoatPI
08-11-2005, 02:22 PM
The first refinery to be built in the USA in over ten years was recently approved. So much of this price fluctuation is due to supply issues. So this refinery will be built in Yuma, AZ. Arizonas FIRST and only refinery. The owner...Pemex, the state oil Co. of Mexico.
They are laying oil pipelines from the fields in MExico to the refinery grounds.
This should take two years to build and from what I have read ease the squeeze on diesel supplies. Time to wait......

Daytona19
08-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Check out this site, I may go for it...
http://www.dieselsecret.com/index.htm

wsuwrhr
08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
I am going to put in a shower for them to encourage this mentality.
And bedrooms, hallways, closets and dressers.
then you can start charging them RENT for working there.
Brian
:) :)

Freak
08-12-2005, 03:51 AM
Thanks, I was waiting for someone to chime in on that one.
No problem. It's great when people read through the P.R. bullshit. Joe public is getting trained to understand there is a SERIOUS problem without causing chaos.

Wet Dream
08-12-2005, 07:48 AM
On an average day, I put 130 gallons of diesel fuel in my truck at $2.499. Thats $325 a day, now put the same fuel into the other 299 trucks that my company has and its almost $100,000 per day . The trucking industry does bitch about it, nothing gets done, so then we start tacking on "Fuel Surcharges". Right now most companies and O/O's are adding on 18% to your freight bill and cutting the fuel cost or at the least maintaining the operating expense to levels before this increase. Who pays that 18%? We all do. It gets added to your groceries, lumber, FUEL, everything you can think of, it gets added to. Have fun. :D

Freak
08-12-2005, 07:57 AM
On an average day, I put 130 gallons of diesel fuel in my truck at $2.499. Thats $325 a day, now put the same fuel into the other 299 trucks that my company has and its almost $100,000 per day . The trucking industry does bitch about it, nothing gets done, so then we start tacking on "Fuel Surcharges". Right now most companies and O/O's are adding on 18% to your freight bill and cutting the fuel cost or at the least maintaining the operating expense to levels before this increase. Who pays that 18%? We all do. It gets added to your groceries, lumber, FUEL, everything you can think of, it gets added to. Have fun. :D
They are starting to bitch all right. Hundreds Of Truckers Protest High Gas Prices
POSTED: 11:02 am EDT August 10, 2005
UPDATED: 4:12 pm EDT August 10, 2005
MIAMI -- More than 600 truckers gathered in their big rigs Wednesday to protest the rising gas prices in South Florida, NBC 6's Hank Tester reported.
and
More than 50 independent log truckers parked their rigs and refused to work this morning, as a protest over the high price of fuel - and, they say, timber companies' refusal to help defray the costs.
"They're paying us on a scale that hasn't been updated since 1984," said Rick Smith, president of the Twin Harbors Division of the Northwest Log Truckers' Co-operative. "Everybody knows that in 2005, you can't live on what you worked for in 1984

Wet Dream
08-12-2005, 08:01 AM
600 is a pretty good number.

ELIMINAT THIS
08-12-2005, 08:12 AM
I own a small trucking company,I will be honest one year ago I had 6 trucks + 1 contractor pulling for me.I am down to 2 trucks,If fuel and ins. keep going up I will be out of bus. I know of 5 small trucking firms that have gone out of bus. in the last 3 months alone.Today I just raised are rates another 15% which will mean less bus. for us. :umm: :confused:

Vada
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
I own a small trucking company,I will be honest one year ago I had 6 trucks + 1 contractor pulling for me.I am down to 2 trucks,If fuel and ins. keep going up I will be out of bus. I know of 5 small trucking firms that have gone out of bus. in the last 3 months alone.Today I just raised are rates another 15% which will mean less bus. for us. :umm: :confused:
That really blows! Something needs to be done here.
I was considering starting a delivery service but the way insurance and gas prices have been going, it's going to be impossible just to break even. :frown:

ELIMINAT THIS
08-12-2005, 08:27 AM
That really blows! Something needs to be done here.
I was considering starting a delivery service but the way insurance and gas prices have been going, it's going to be impossible just to break even. :frown:
The trucking industry is in a bad spot,people will not pay what we really need to charge to make a profit.There is always a company willing to ***** them selfs out. :mad:

Wet Dream
08-12-2005, 09:42 AM
ET, you're right. There is always some company or O/O that will haul the shit freight and keep the "wages" down. Profit margin = 0. Douche bags.

Waist Deep
08-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Just got reamed for $3.19 a gallon in HB. The price hike was immediate from 2.95 to 3.05 to 3.19.
Thats BULLSHIT!

Froggystyle
08-12-2005, 09:56 AM
The trucking industry is in a bad spot,people will not pay what we really need to charge to make a profit.There is always a company willing to ***** them selfs out. :mad:
Well, it is the same way in the boat industry. Fact is, they rarely weather the storm, and service usually lacks.
I am personally competing with manufacturers who sell out of their factories. In order for me to gain market share, I need a better product and better availablility. Additionally, in order to add the additional dealer profit, I have needed to be twice as efficient from a manufacturing perspective as the rest.
Tough deal to be sure, but the best businessmen will rise to the top, and there will likely be a lot of profit to be had if you are the owner of one of the survivors.
Look at the airline industry. One of two things is going to happen... the startups are going to dominate the industry because of low overhead and lower costs, driving the old companies with pensions to pay and lots of maintenance issues out, or the old companies will cut a lot of stuff, compete with the newer companies through better service and infrastructure and stay alive. Either way, the customer wins.
Times like this are how we end up knowing who the good companies are.

Freak
08-12-2005, 10:59 AM
AAA warns gas prices likely to jump 5 cents a gallon nationwide by this weekend. That means you folks in the west will be more like 25 cents. Fill your tank now.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8912403/

boater72
08-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Barrel of oil up to 66.70. Reason concern for supply. Anyone see the documentary-style show on FX a few months ago called "Oil Storm"?

meaniam
08-17-2005, 09:37 AM
The first refinery to be built in the USA in over ten years was recently approved. So much of this price fluctuation is due to supply issues. So this refinery will be built in Yuma, AZ. Arizonas FIRST and only refinery. The owner...Pemex, the state oil Co. of Mexico.
They are laying oil pipelines from the fields in MExico to the refinery grounds.
This should take two years to build and from what I have read ease the squeeze on diesel supplies. Time to wait......
boat pi. i was argueeing with my father on this exact oil refinery. and how its being pumped into mexico. do you or anyone else have any info on this. im looking for a link
mike

UnionJack
08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Just payed 193.05 to put 62 gallons in the truck

Freak
08-17-2005, 10:31 AM
If approved, the contruction could start in 2006 and be completed in 2009 or 2010. My guess 2010. It will be built near Yuma AZ and process sour crude form Mexico via a 300 mile pipeline from the Gulf of Baja (yet to be built). Lots of local opposition to it's construction. I feel this is good lets hope it's gets built. 5yrs to wait - that is not good cause as I have said before 2008 is when the real problems start.
http://www.refinery.org/about.htm
http://www.refinery.org/news/2005/032305.AP.permit.htm

Freak
08-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Just payed 193.05 to put 62 gallons in the truck
WOW. $3 nationwide by christmas - $4 for Cali. That's my guess.

UnionJack
08-17-2005, 10:38 AM
it was a good time

Freak
08-17-2005, 10:44 AM
daily driver?

CA Stu
08-17-2005, 12:29 PM
$92.10 to fill my 2500 Dodge Diesel.
Zoiks!
Wonder if I can tow with my pedal bike? (Yes, I am that buff)
Cheers
CA Stu

JetBoatRich
08-19-2005, 07:06 PM
$110 to fill up the pick-up today :yuk: Second tank this week :devil:

HammerDown
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
$77.00 to fill my Diesel Ford the other day...and I still had 1/4 tank of fuel.
Unless it's towing the boat (or) snowing...my truck ain't moving.
Just bought a 06 Toyota Corolla-s 5-speed........41 mpg hwy :)
PS. I remember when diesel was $.70 a gallon.

Mrs. casean
08-19-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm scared to go fill up next week! Luckily it takes me two weeks or more to use the entire tank unless we go somewhere. I'm afraid to see what it will be at once we hit Labor Day! :cry: