PDA

View Full Version : Karma - Lake Pleasant

Sane Asylum
08-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Weekend before last, at Lake Pleasant, we put the boat in the water about 7:30p and ease over to the Marina to grab a guest slip. We put in just after a typical rippin AZ monsoon with the rain and the 50mph winds.
We get to the slips, tie off and I immediately notice lots of boats with covers blown off, boats full of rain, and several had come untied or were rubbing bigtime and bumperless. The docks were kindof a ghosttown, people wise, but lots of boats. Couple of Eliminators, a Warlock, a Sleek and various chopper gun boats and some cruisers.
Wife and kids are tired and go to bed......I fix a cocktail and begin putting covers back on, wiping down guages, making sure bilges were working and retying all of the boats that were storm victims. It kills me to see boats getting rained on.....Couple of them had turned battery switches off :2purples: , uncovered in the rain, so the bilge wouldn't work. Addressed those issues also.
If one of those boats was yours, I apologize if I boarded without your permission, just felt like the right thing to do. If you're a ***boater and you got to the dock the next morning and everything was OK, then my work was done....
So, for all of you non Karma believers........There you go!!!

ADDICTED
08-10-2005, 07:58 AM
A true boater at his best! :D

voodoomedman
Although I don't boat there I would like to say thanks for helping out fellow boaters.

Jordy
Right on. That should come back to ya. :D
We were out there for that and it was insane. That storm was worse than any I've seen in a long time. There were a couple times that both sponsons dipped and water came over the dash on my boat and I never had that happen in the ocean. It was wild. I guess they sank something like 13 boats out there.
Nice work on the covers and fenders though. ;)

Mike.A
08-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Although I wasnt one of them,
Good job and a if I ever meet you guys out there 1st & 2nd round on me :)

Jordy
08-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Although I wasnt one of them,
Good job and a if I ever meet you guys out there 1st & 2nd round on me :)
Who is picking up the other 27 rounds then? :D :D :D

Mike.A
08-10-2005, 09:02 AM
24 cans to a case
2 cases per cooler
Looks like I am bringing the Petron ;)

boater72
08-10-2005, 09:13 AM
What goes around comes around! Good job :cool:

dicudmore
08-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Weekend before last, at Lake Pleasant, we put the boat in the water about 7:30p and ease over to the Marina to grab a guest slip. We put in just after a typical rippin AZ monsoon with the rain and the 50mph winds.
We get to the slips, tie off and I immediately notice lots of boats with covers blown off, boats full of rain, and several had come untied or were rubbing bigtime and bumperless. The docks were kindof a ghosttown, people wise, but lots of boats. Couple of Eliminators, a Warlock, a Sleek and various chopper gun boats and some cruisers.
Wife and kids are tired and go to bed......I fix a cocktail and begin putting covers back on, wiping down guages, making sure bilges were working and retying all of the boats that were storm victims. It kills me to see boats getting rained on.....Couple of them had turned battery switches off :2purples: , uncovered in the rain, so the bilge wouldn't work. Addressed those issues also.
If one of those boats was yours, I apologize if I boarded without your permission, just felt like the right thing to do. If you're a ***boater and you got to the dock the next morning and everything was OK, then my work was done....
So, for all of you non Karma believers........There you go!!!
nice work SA, that's really cool of ya :D

Sane Asylum
08-10-2005, 10:39 AM
nice work SA, that's really cool of ya :D
Thanks Dan.....Hey, Did you get my PM??? Had a camper question......

Evil-E
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Nice work! Looking forward to hooking up with you and Jordy sometime and the rest of the AZ peeps.

roln 20s
08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Nice work! Looking forward to hooking up with you and Jordy sometime and the rest of the AZ peeps.
Watch out for that Jordy guy...the rest of us are safe though :D
Good work SA :) I still have to meet you out there sometime.
-Patrick