PDA

View Full Version : Flat Lander Racing.com????

HammerDown
04-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Thought I'd ask over here if anyone's ever ordered from them.
Thanks for any info.

Hotcrusader76
04-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Hammerdown,
I haven't bought from them but from what I have seen on their site everything looks great. I don't see any red flags from a webmasters point of veiw. Just give them a call and talk with someone.
Ask about their turnaround times, inventory on the items you want, and their return policy. Once those items are taken into consideration I don't see anything wrong with using them.
I plan to buy from them soon, as I do support online vendors more than Summit or Jegs.
~Ty

HammerDown
04-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback...I've seen a few errors on there Web-Site...that had me some what concerned. I know that several of there parts are drop shipped from the Manufacture (not saying thats a bad thing)but when I'm told somethings in stock I assume its at there location.

Hotcrusader76
04-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah...make sure they are in stock. I have delt with drop shipments with my tool supplier back east. Not only is it a hassle but it takes a while to actually get them.
What is Flatlander Racing going to do when your part doens't come on time, tell the guy to package it faster? I think not...
Granted not everyone stocks parts as much as Summit or Jegs, but at least deal with someone who actually sends them out on-site. This alleviates all the middle men.
Just my 0.02
~Ty

DogHouse
04-09-2003, 01:56 PM
I have ordered a lot of stuff from them and have had great luck so far. Some stuff was in stock, some drop shipped, either way it got to me with no drama. Their prices have been hard to beat. Best example so far was a C&A ring set for 180 bucks that everyone else wanted over 250 for. My buddy recently got some very good deals on a Dart block (with free freight) and intake through them.
-brian

126driver
04-09-2003, 02:27 PM
I priced a set of rods a few days ago and they are $200 less than Jeg's. I'm not in a real hurry to get them so I'm going to place the order and give them a try. It's good to hear you've had good luck with them DogHouse.

HammerDown
04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
DogHouse, Glad to here ya had a good experience with them...I'll call again tomorrow...if I get a bad vibe I'm ordering it somewhere else. Shipping is not included with my item. Tack on $20.00?
One more thing...ya better confirm on the phone what the web-site says...a little deceiving, at least the item I wanted.
[ April 09, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

DogHouse
04-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Most of the stuff I've gotten from them has been simple, I give them a part number, they give me a price, done deal. I find out tomorrow how they did on my latest and more complicated order... set of heads with some custom options. They were patient with me calling every week to check status while Dart was building them. Hopefully all the communication was good and they will turn out as-planned!

HammerDown
04-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Well I ordered my parts from FlatLander...24 hrs to process the order...and 7-10 business days to get it here in Pa.
24 hrs to process :mad: ...whats up with that?

HammerDown
04-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Update...pan & pick up arrived today...earler than I thought! Nice looking heavy duty pan. I've got the new 1 piece Gasket...and I'll belive I'll roll-in a new 2 piece rear main seal. Going with my original standard volume pump.