PDA

View Full Version : its sure quite in here

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
where did everybody go?

Devilman
08-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Here & there!! Guy that works here was checkin out some of the pictures from Brazos. He's the one that's goin to Jetfest I was tellin you about... I been tryin to get the O2 sensor outta this truck. Needs to be replaced. How about yerself?? Slow day at the office?

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Here & there!! Guy that works here was checkin out some of the pictures from Brazos. He's the one that's goin to Jetfest I was tellin you about... I been tryin to get the O2 sensor outta this truck. Needs to be replaced. How about yerself?? Slow day at the office?shoot its slow here today! man i can hardly stay awake.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I hear you! Slow day makes for a long day.... I been wanting to change that dam oxygen sensor, but just don't feel like going out there to do it. Man, I tell you, when I showed a few of the pics from Friday evening, when the water was so slick?? Dammit!! I need to go back!!

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I hear you! Slow day makes for a long day.... I been wanting to change that dam oxygen sensor, but just don't feel like going out there to do it. Man, I tell you, when I showed a few of the pics from Friday evening, when the water was so slick?? Dammit!! I need to go back!!
i hear on the slick water! but you know the sad deal of it is that river stays like that (slick) most of the time. i know what your saying :sleeping: :sleeping: quick dream here,,,,,5000rpm motor hummin its@ZZ off the boat not even jumping around or moving side to side, :hammerhea awww heck i woke up!

Devilman
08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, here's a little more to wake you up... I just got off the phone with Barb. We got a room laid away for Plowmans. Be second room from the end, #12 down by the RV spots in case ya'll want some company! :D :D Ya'll ready? Tell me again what days you got, so I know if I got the right ones. I got Friday & Saturday night...

esabataj
08-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, here's a little more to wake you up... I just got off the phone with Barb. We got a room laid away for Plowmans. Be second room from the end, #12 down by the RV spots in case ya'll want some company! :D :D Ya'll ready? Tell me again what days you got, so I know if I got the right ones. I got Friday & Saturday night...
I figured you wouldn't want to hang around with all the old men :D :D :D
I may be old but I can run with the best of them!!!!!
Really looking forward to it, and finally getting to meet you guys.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Tip of the Day:
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Well, here's a little more to wake you up... I just got off the phone with Barb. We got a room laid away for Plowmans. Be second room from the end, #12 down by the RV spots in case ya'll want some company! :D :D Ya'll ready? Tell me again what days you got, so I know if I got the right ones. I got Friday & Saturday night...yep its the first weekend in oct so sept.30th and oct 1st and richard yea we are staying at the lodge with the motorhome and i got you a space too did you forget?

esabataj
08-10-2005, 12:01 PM
yep its the first weekend in oct so sept.30th and oct 1st and richard yea we are staying at the lodge with the motorhome and i got you a space too did you forget?
Naw I didn't forget. That's what the comment to devil is about. Hangin in with the oldsters :D :D

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I figured you wouldn't want to hang around with all the old men :D :D :D
I may be old but I can run with the best of them!!!!!
Really looking forward to it, and finally getting to meet you guys.
Tip of the Day:
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Shit, if we got any closer, we'd be in ya'lls motorhome! For what we spend on the room will save money for gas! :cool: :cool: This is still depending on damages.... but I figured it be better to have the room & then maybe not need it, than to need it & not have it... Know what I mean?

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Shit, if we got any closer, we'd be in ya'lls motorhome! For what we spend on the room will save money for gas! :cool: :cool: This is still depending on damages.... but I figured it be better to have the room & then maybe not need it, than to need it & not have it... Know what I mean?you will need the room cause your coming up boat or no boat! you know we wouldnt leave you on the dock to watch :D

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
you will need the room cause your coming up boat or no boat! you know we wouldnt leave you on the dock to watch :D
As long as you ain't in the market for another beer bitch! LOL! :D

esabataj
08-10-2005, 12:15 PM
As long as you ain't in the market for another beer bitch! LOL! :D
Tell ya what Oldbuck
Devilman can be your beerbiatch and greaser can be mine :D

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 12:19 PM
As long as you ain't in the market for another beer bitch! LOL! :Dhaha i like the way it went,,,,sensuwuz up get me a beer! hahaha who ever was up grabbed one and brought it out!

charlie f
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
undefined

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Tell ya what Oldbuck
Devilman can be your beerbiatch and greaser can be mine :D
Yer pretty damn funny!! You ever think of workin Vegas? :D :D
How's things Mr. Charlie??

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
undefinedare you saying you dont know about plowmans in october?

charlie f
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
O.K. You guys got me hooked, fill me in on Plowmans.
What? Where? When?

esabataj
08-10-2005, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Devilman]Yer pretty damn funny!! You ever think of workin Vegas? :D :D
QUOTE]
Hey Oldbuck
Can I biatch slap your biatch?????????????????????????????

Taylorman
08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
What? Where? When?
Same place you were this weekend, first weekend in Oct.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:28 PM
What? Where? When?
Same place, Indian Lodge. First weekend of Oct. Not exatcly sure what all it is, Oldbuck was tellin me how badass it was, so I went ahead & got a room reserved....

esabataj
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
This is from a thread I started right after plowmans last year:
To everyone who attended The Gathering this weekend at Lake Whitney I wanted to say thank you for making it a great event!!!
I have been around hot boats and cars approaching a half century now and I have never been to an event where so much serious hardware came together just for fun and love of the sport. A run what ya brung, serious partying, and great fellowship weekend with the kind of peeps who know what the true River Rat Life experience is supposed to be.
For those of you who didn’t make it try to add it to your calendar for next year. It’s worth the trip no matter where you’re hauling from. From the top of the line Havasu style cats to an RC controlled model hydro with a mad Weed Eater motor, everything was well represented.”V” drives, Out drives, Weed whackers, Flatties, Hydros, Tunnel, Jets, Gasoline, Alcohol, Nitro- Just name your passion and all were represented well.
On a personal level, I wanted to thank everyone one who came by RRL.com party central at my motor home during the weekend. I hope everyone had a good time and look forward to seeing again you soon.
Scott- You and your family are the best. Glad to see you finally got that vintage trailer queen Avenger wet on Sunday!! Glad you were able to get in on the Roost parade on Sunday. You may not have been the fastest out there but ya Roost with the best of them.
"Cookieman" and your lovely wife- We really enjoyed finally spending some time with you guys. Debra told me I was crazy last night when I got home after midnight and wouldn’t come to bed till after I watched the roost parade video on the bigscreen TV. The footage is awesome and I’ll start copying tonight. Don’t forget to Pm me your address. Thanks for the great idea and I think it was one of the highlights of the Weekend.
Ratso- Even though we didn’t get to spend much time with you and your crew, we enjoyed meeting you. Your mom and dad are great and looking forward to the next time.
Texas Jet.- Thanks for stopping by and I promise that next time I’ll have that frozen margarita ready for ya (with salt on the rim) even if it is early Sunday morning. I’m glad I knew enough about that sleeper you cruise around in that I didn’t get embarrassed by letting ya spank my jet with that bad boy.
The Snowman-
There is not much I can say except that I finally met someone that lived up to all the positive things that have been said about you. Truly you are an honest, caring, talented individual that does what you do purely for the love of the sport and the participants in it. Thanks for taking the time for helping and “B” S” ing with the little guys! For someone who said they had “NOTHING” to do with this year’s event, I can’t wait till next year with you organizing and promoting it. Great job for not having anything to do with it!!
Lets see-------------- Who did I forget
Kevin -------------------- AKA Shark In The Pond.---------------------------------
Last but not least. Buddy your reputation proceeded you and did you ever live up to it!!!
If you’ve never met this redneck tree planter from Lubbock, TX take the time to say hi next time he’s around. All I can say is that you are truly the kind of friend a friend would love to have. Thanks for the great times, the bullshit, the company, and all the help all weekend. Debra and I had a great time getting to know you but tell me something? When the hell do you sleep??????? My house is your house and we can’t wait to do it again.
To all the peeps out there. When you see my avatar flying, my old slow boat, and the RRL flag flying (next year? Right RD?????) Stop by for some good food, a little booze, and some good River Rat Life, Texas Style good times. My blender always running and the beers ice cold.
Richard

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Devilman]Yer pretty damn funny!! You ever think of workin Vegas? :D :D
QUOTE]
Hey Oldbuck
Can I biatch slap your biatch?????????????????????????????
LOL!!! You'll have to come to Edna to do it. Bring some beer & some parts, then the only slapping will be that motor gettin slapped into that boat! :D :D

esabataj
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
LOL!!! You'll have to come to Edna to do it. Bring some beer & some parts, then the only slapping will be that motor gettin slapped into that boat! :D :D
How far from SA is Edna Devil.
I know I'm alot closer to you than Oldbuck

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 12:33 PM
What? Where? When?ok charlie here it is, allways the first weekend in oct,,most folks stay at plowmans but have to camp,,thats south of indian lodge where we are staying and yes if you have any intrest you better make reservations NOW cause it will fill up quick! all kinds of boats will be there and some very very fast drag boats,,so bring your camera,boat,beer and sit back and have some fun!

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:38 PM
How far from SA is Edna Devil.
I know I'm alot closer to you than Oldbuck
120-125 miles give or take. About an 1 1/2 hour drive, I suppose....While I'm thinking about it... How many times have you gone to Jetfest?? Just curious...

esabataj
08-10-2005, 12:42 PM
120-125 miles give or take. About an 1 1/2 hour drive, I suppose....While I'm thinking about it... How many times have you gone to Jetfest?? Just curious...
we went the last two years with the sleekcraft. We usually stay at Fiesta marina which is about 10 min boat trip to sunrise beach. they'll let my wifes basset hound in and they have motel, cabins and rv sites.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 12:48 PM
we went the last two years with the sleekcraft. We usually stay at Fiesta marina which is about 10 min boat trip to sunrise beach. they'll let my wifes basset hound in and they have motel, cabins and rv sites.
Well, how is it? You'll sell anybody on Plowman's with that description you posted. Somebody's already thinking about ducking Jetfest..... :idea: :sleeping: So you need to post an accurate description!! :D

Devilman
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Well, how is it? You'll sell anybody on Plowman's with that description you posted. Somebody's already thinking about ducking Jetfest..... :idea: :sleeping: So you need to post an accurate description!! :D
Damn! I came back & figured Esabataj would have a glowing description!!! :smile:

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Damn! I came back & figured Esabataj would have a glowing description!!! :smile:he type's slow too,but i bet he's working on it!
charlie f i went over to the taylor site and posted up on the plowmans deal!

Devilman
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
he type's slow too,but i bet he's working on it!
charlie f i went over to the taylor site and posted up on the plowmans deal!
Must have took him a week to do that Plowman thing then!! :D :D

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Must have took him a week to do that Plowman thing then!! :D :Dnah its just his boss the head guy has been there today so he has to watch his back!

esabataj
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Jetfest is a great event. We had close to a hundred boats show up for the long weekend. I would rank it real close to the Gathering at Plowmans. They have a helicopter flyover on Sunday that takes pics of the group float and then we peel off one at a time for individual photos. Last year the up in smoke cooking team had food available for everyone at Sunrise beach all weekend. Lots of great times and had a blast with all the peeps. They had the biggest collections of Jets that I’ve ever seen in one place. Sunrise is out on a point so we have excellent water all the time in the coves on both sides. Who am I to tell you that there was more than a little match racing going on. I’ve got tons of pics from last year and will post some up as I get the chance. It’s a little hard with the big boss here this week.

Devilman
08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
nah its just his boss the head guy has been there today so he has to watch his back!
Well, that ain't no good! Take it easy Esabataj, don't blow yer cover!!

Devilman
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Jetfest is a great event. We had close to a hundred boats show up for the long weekend. I would rank it real close to the Gathering at Plowmans. They have a helicopter flyover on Sunday that takes pics of the group float and then we peel off one at a time for individual photos. Last year the up in smoke cooking team had food available for everyone at Sunrise beach all weekend. Lots of great times and had a blast with all the peeps. They had the biggest collections of Jets that I’ve ever seen in one place. Sunrise is out on a point so we have excellent water all the time in the coves on both sides. Who am I to tell you that there was more than a little match racing going on. I’ve got tons of pics from last year and will post some up as I get the chance. It’s a little hard with the big boss here this week.
Thank you Esabataj! This is the kind of stuff we need up here. AHEM!! :D
I've gotta split guys! Might have some engine news for ya later or in the a.m.
Find out in a bit, I guess! You all have a good evening!

oldbuck40
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
im outta here guys see ya tomorrow!

Devilman
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
im outta here guys see ya tomorrow!
Yeah! What he said! Have a good one!!

Greaser
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Damn guys looks like I missed out on alot of shit talkin while I was gone.
Oh, by the way I also have a cabin reserved for the plowmans thing. So boat or not, I will be there. I might be begging for a ride though. :(

Shark In The Pond
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Plowmans ....... A bunch of racer's getting together for a fun run weekend and it's the last get together for the yr. that I know of ! Might be seeing ole Ron in that Cougar now that it's fixed and if that happens I would not be surprized to see Garry put a little something something together to run that Cougar :boxingguy