PDA

View Full Version : my bitch! on living cost

meaniam
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
i am just freaking tired of giving my savings to the arabs, and other oil rich countries, this alone will put a strangle hold on the economy. why are we (the us) one of the highest tech countries in the world. not mass producing some other alt fuel vehicals. and then making them affordable. that would show the other countries that we are not so vulnerable.
i remember that when prices first started to skyrocket in 2000 or 2001 before the attacks. they were reporting that if oil sales were striked (by not gettin gas on wed and thursdays) the supply would exceed demand cuasing prices to fall alot. it would definatly send a ripple to the oil companies. showing we will not take the abuse.
our manufactering plants are going over seas. the nafta agreement has hurt are working enviroment. removed blue collar jobs, removed the white collar jobs that ran those operations. and the suppliers that supplyed those jobs. which removed wages that would have supported the other markets in our states.
all the steel for the past 10 yrs has been being bought up by china. i remember hauling the scrape metal from my fathers shop. (tons it was a mass prodution machine shop) brass and aluminum were great to recover along with stainless steel. and steel was junk worth just a couple bucks for tons. not worth the gas to hual it to la. but need to be removed. now steel has gone way high. and is beginning to be importated. in automobiles this is really noticable. (yes gm ford dodge and all the foreign cars) all being stamped outside of the us. mostly china and tiawan. agian steel factories are almost a thing of the past. losing jobs and prices of steel are skyrocketing.
and concrete is going over seas cuasing prices to rise. i wonder how long it will be tell concrete is getting imported, if not already being done.
i recently took a trip to rosarito mexico. that place sure has changed. for the better. that president fox is definatly making a diffrence. most the roads there are paved better then ours now. the old junk is or has been removed and it looks great. i wonder if mexico may soon have role reversal with the us here.
this rant pretty much started becuase a kia post earlier. and i started thinking. how muchmoney i dump into gas. and what that is costing the buissness here. and this may lead to more buissness not being able to survive here, and having to go under, or overseas. which will meen more job losses. which means less spending power. agian more job losses.
if we are to place the blinders on. and say everything is going to be just fine. we may become a 3rd world country. depending on others. and we may not be strong enough to bounce back. my thought are the oil rancher we have as prez, should be demanding all auto manufactering to produce at least a 50% mix on alt fuels. reward them with taxes relief or something. but make sure they are made here on our soil. with our people. top the work visa programs. and if the counrties that want to place finance burden on us, with high oil prices. we should limit their abilty to sell products here in the us. including oil. but we would have to be at least 50% free of depenacy on oil. that would be a great bitch slap there. i am guilty of using way to much gas. truck cost 60 dollars a week to fill up. and if we need to go somewhere else its more. i have 9 classic chevys getting anywhere between 3 to 9 miles a gallon. cant afford to drive them. much.i need to make a change and get a car like a kia or huyndai. just a cheap pos to romp on.
im interested in your thoughts.
im sure that there are misspelled words and no puncuation. and i didnt proof read this. to bad. that not my topic here
mike

ECeptor
08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
I agree. But the problem is wider than you said. Crap like $250M of federal money to build a bridge in Alaska to an island with 50 residents. Billions on fighter and bomber aircraft that do nothing while ground troops in Iraq are going through dumps for scrap metal to protect themselves. Government kickbacks to oil companies who are netting billions....it's all screwed up. The only way to get ahead is to be selfish and greedy.

meaniam
08-10-2005, 01:36 PM
i would thank the places to boycott would be bp gas and arco. which i think supplies flying j and terrible hust. i think 76 is affilianted with bp. im not sure on this statement but i belive there is only a small hand full of oil companies out there. and they are all branched out. the same way chevy cadillac pontiac and buick are all gm.
exxon 76 bp fuels
the hurting thing is i bought membership to sames club just for gas. and last week it was higher the arco by 3 cents

little rowe boat
08-10-2005, 01:42 PM
The boycott thing has been tried, it never works.
The oil industry is too big and powerful. The prez and vice prez are oil guys. They are getting their pockets lined.

whiteworks
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
amazing how much gas we burn. this little hobby of ours dosent help but it is fun