PDA

View Full Version : Hey blown, wanna check out your ideas.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey Blown472,
I know we differ a lot on various poolitical things, but in the interest of a non-flaming discussion, I want your ideas of how to fix the things Bush is doing wrong.
"POOF", YOU are Emporer of the US (no congress to fight with), how do you fix all the problems the US has today. "Blown's Utopia" (I have a utopian vision too blown, everyone does, so don't think I'm being facetious) You still have a budget but hey, you are emporer so you can raise taxes as high as you want to pay for stuff.
We'll begin foreign:
Terrorism, internationally
Protecting US citizens here from Terrorism seen in England last month
The war(s) in Iraq and Afghanistan
Israel
China (communist China, not to be confused with Tiawan, the Democratic China)
North Korea and Kim Jong Il
Drug traficking from Central & S America (Mexico is the worst suplier)
Jobs being moved off US soil
US companies being bought by foreign investors/companies
Products sold here but made in foreign countries.
DOMESTIC ISSUES
Domestic terrorism from sources like Earth First, Animal Liberation Front, KKK, disgruntled Americans, etc.
Illegal Mexican immigration
Ease of entry of foreigners at Canadian (and Mexican) borders
All the illegal Immigrants already here from Mexico
All the illegals here from other countries who have overstayed visas and dissapeared.
Marajuana usage
Cocaine usage (all forms)
Methamphetamine usage
Heroin usage
Penalties for crimes such as murder and rapists.
Peophiles roaming this country, especially the convicted ones.
Welfare money give-away program
Save Social Security before it goes under in 20 years.
Prescriptions for older people, what the heck, everyone!
Tort system in this country (lawsuits)
The shortage of Electricity (already present in places like California, and spreading).
Environment issues
Oil supply to this country
Public School System failing to teach children
The amount of people in US living "below the poverty level". (if you look it up, it's like $18,000 a year if you have 3 kids.)
Movie & recording piracy here electronically.
Gang crime/violence
Riots in cities (especially after sports teams or court cases these days).
Global warming/cooling, whichever one you subscribe to, cure it.
Noise problems/complaints on lakes & rivers nationwide.
Can't think of any more, been a long, tiring day. I'll post mine in response to yours. Heck, whoever else wants to make a perfect country, chime in too. might be very interesting to see how much we think alike instead of different. :D :coffeycup :coffeycup

Blown 472
08-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey Blown472,
I know we differ a lot on various poolitical things, but in the interest of a non-flaming discussion, I want your ideas of how to fix the things Bush is doing wrong.
"POOF", YOU are Emporer of the US (no congress to fight with), how do you fix all the problems the US has today. "Blown's Utopia" (I have a utopian vision too blown, everyone does, so don't think I'm being facetious) You still have a budget but hey, you are emporer so you can raise taxes as high as you want to pay for stuff.
We'll begin foreign:
Terrorism, internationally ( reap what you sow)
Protecting US citizens here from Terrorism seen in England last month
The war(s) in Iraq and Afghanistan (neocons pushing their ideas on the world)
Israel ( need to stop sending them money and make them adhere with un resolutions)
China (communist China, not to be confused with Tiawan, the Democratic China) (stop selling our country out to them as they are going to crush us economically)
North Korea and Kim Jong Il (something to keep an eye on)
Drug traficking from Central & S America (Mexico is the worst suplier) (could be stopped but too much money being made all the way around)
Jobs being moved off US soil ( complete bullshit and corp greed)
US companies being bought by foreign investors/companies (elected officals selling us out)
Products sold here but made in foreign countries. (masshyperconsumerism)
DOMESTIC ISSUES
Domestic terrorism from sources like Earth First, Animal Liberation Front, KKK, disgruntled Americans, etc. (you forgot right to life assholes that blow up clinics)
Illegal Mexican immigration (close the boarders)
Ease of entry of foreigners at Canadian (and Mexican) borders (see above)
All the illegal Immigrants already here from Mexico (boot them out but corp america wont let that happen)
All the illegals here from other countries who have overstayed visas and dissapeared. (boot them out)
Marajuana usage (no big)
Cocaine usage (all forms) (waste of money)
Methamphetamine usage (the 909)
Heroin usage (sid and nancy)
Penalties for crimes such as murder and rapists. (death)
Peophiles roaming this country, especially the convicted ones. (death)
Welfare money give-away program (get a ****ing job)
Save Social Security before it goes under in 20 years. (where is the money going now?)
Prescriptions for older people, what the heck, everyone! (the gubment is doing what with my tax dollars?)
Tort system in this country (lawsuits) (get rich quick bs)
The shortage of Electricity (already present in places like California, and spreading). (lobbiest and corp america ****ing people over but gubment not doing anything about it as they are on the paymaster ticket)
Environment issues (suv driving tree hugers??)
Oil supply to this country (see above)
Public School System failing to teach children (my tax dollars hard at work)
The amount of people in US living "below the poverty level". (if you look it up, it's like $18,000 a year if you have 3 kids.) (how many billions over to israel?)
Movie & recording piracy here electronically. (dont care)
Gang crime/violence (shoot them all)
Riots in cities (especially after sports teams or court cases these days). (stupid people showing their stupidity)
Global warming/cooling, whichever one you subscribe to, cure it. (dont buy into the warming as I live in the upper midwest and it is cold here, don't care if it gets cold, shit happens)
Noise problems/complaints on lakes & rivers nationwide. (people need something to bitch about, kinda like building a house next to an airport)
Can't think of any more, been a long, tiring day. I'll post mine in response to yours. Heck, whoever else wants to make a perfect country, chime in too. might be very interesting to see how much we think alike instead of different. :D :coffeycup :coffeycup
There you have it.

Blown 472
08-10-2005, 05:32 PM
And people think you are a pinko commie bastard....there is nothing pinko or commie about you. :) :)
Hey thanks, I think. :eek:

HM
08-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey thanks, I think. :eek:
Your welcome.....kinda. :eek: :eek:

Kachina26
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
There you have it.
Didn't see anything of substance there. What's the matter, couldn't find some cut and paste opinions?
North Korea and Kim Jong Il (something to keep an eye on)
And then what? Send our boys over there when they step over the line? Then America hating commies like you will whine everytime one of our young men die in the line of duty and scream for their immediate removal from the situation? Yup, you've proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are nothing but leftist platitudes and no original thought! (Like I needed proof :rolleyes: )

Blown 472
08-11-2005, 04:24 AM
Didn't see anything of substance there. What's the matter, couldn't find some cut and paste opinions?
And then what? Send our boys over there when they step over the line? Then America hating commies like you will whine everytime one of our young men die in the line of duty and scream for their immediate removal from the situation? Yup, you've proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are nothing but leftist platitudes and no original thought! (Like I needed proof :rolleyes: )
Don't you have a shocker or something to throw up while you front to be something your not??

Kachina26
08-11-2005, 07:12 AM
Don't you have a shocker or something to throw up while you front to be something your not??
What am I fronting to be? Oh, yeah, nice answer. Like how you change the subject.

Blown 472
08-11-2005, 07:14 AM
What am I fronting to be? Oh, yeah, nice answer. Like how you change the subject.
Funny, he asked what I thought and I told him. Last time I checked I really don't give a **** what you think.

Kachina26
08-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Funny, he asked what I thought and I told him. Last time I checked I really don't give a **** what you think.
Actually, he asked how would you fix it! Rather than your usual bitch and complain posts.
Last time I checked I really don't give a **** what you think. So does that mean that I've got you to a point where you are without words? Not that's funny! Blown is speechless. ROFL

Blown 472
08-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Actually, he asked how would you fix it! Rather than your usual bitch and complain posts.
So does that mean that I've got you to a point where you are without words? Not that's funny! Blown is speechless. ROFL
Don't flatter yourself, it has come to a point where you are a waste of bandwidth.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
There you have it.
Ok, lessee ..... Terrorism ............ bitch about it and do nothing.......
I'd do exactly what we ARE doing. kill the bastards over there.
Protecting US citizens here from Terrorism seen in England last month --- Nothing, again. See my answer above.
The war(s) in Iraq and Afghanistan (neocons pushing their ideas on the world) And no solution .... #3. Hmmmmmmm
Israel ( need to stop sending them money and make them adhere with un resolutions) Agreed, to an extent. We don't really send THAT much $$ their way compared to what is spent elsewhere. I wouldn't cut them off and abandon them to the Arabs. I gues you would.
China (communist China, not to be confused with Tiawan, the Democratic China) (stop selling our country out to them as they are going to crush us economically) OK, stop selling WHAT? Businesses? Property?
North Korea and Kim Jong Il (something to keep an eye on) Darned rtight it is. Get better relations with China, regardless of what you will hear, the Chinese tell Kim when he can shyte. They OWN his country. Only reason N Korea has ANYTHING, China provides it.
Drug traficking from Central & S America (Mexico is the worst suplier) (could be stopped but too much money being made all the way around) So stop it. Police & Mil on border. Inconvenience people. Airport flights too. Anywhere customs is.
Jobs being moved off US soil ( complete bullshit and corp greed) Sooo if it's BS, then it isn't occurring? Don't consider for a seccond that the US worker (as well as excess govt regulation) is PRICING himself out of a job in many areas. Thank Unions there.
US companies being bought by foreign investors/companies (elected officals selling us out) US govt has little say except when it involves US defence contractors & MAJOR industry. The Govt advertizes companies for sale?
Sooooo Still no solution?
Products sold here but made in foreign countries. (masshyperconsumerism) But aparently you aprove since you don't have a "fix" for it.
DOMESTIC ISSUES
Domestic terrorism from sources like Earth First, Animal Liberation Front, KKK, disgruntled Americans, etc. (you forgot right to life assholes that blow up clinics) No, I didn't, (notice the "etcetera") but aparently you don't care that it happens as you post no solution. I think more LE effort needs to be focussed there as well as intl terror. We ignore the groups too much till they kill someone.
Illegal Mexican immigration (close the boarders) How? I'd use the Natl Guard.
Ease of entry of foreigners at Canadian (and Mexican) borders (see above) Same
All the illegal Immigrants already here from Mexico (boot them out but corp america wont let that happen) Ummmmm almost ZERO illegals work for "corporate America". They work for small companies (under 20 employees) and as agriculture pickers. We agreee as to what to DO, just not why they are here.
All the illegals here from other countries who have overstayed visas and dissapeared. (boot them out) Same
Marajuana usage (no big) No problem that NEARLY EVERYONE who uses weed for a while goes on to harder drugs? Well, so much for the rest of the drug problem too.
Cocaine usage (all forms) (waste of money) You aprove here too I see.
Methamphetamine usage (the 909) Whatever that is supposed to mean. More proval I guess.
Heroin usage (sid and nancy) Again, WTF I say? I guess Blown presides over a nation of unproductive dopeheads. Well, the pizza biz would be good but for the crack & crankers robbing the delivery drivers.
Penalties for crimes such as murder and rapists. (death) We agree.
Peophiles roaming this country, especially the convicted ones. (death) Damn, we can't agree twice in a ROW! :D
Welfare money give-away program (get a ****ing job) Ok, the world is gonna blow, we agree 3 times straight.
Save Social Security before it goes under in 20 years. (where is the money going now?) Out faster than it is coming in. 25 people supported every SS recipient in the 30's, now, 3 workers carry each one. in another 20 years, it'll be even up, 1:1. Where's the money GOING TO come from??? More taxes??
Prescriptions for older people, what the heck, everyone! (the gubment is doing what with my tax dollars?) Repeal the law that prevents insurance companies from offering prescrip bennefits unless they include it in a healh/medical insurance plan. Yes, it is true. That is the reason you CANNOT and WILL NOT BE ABLE to buy a pescription plan ONLY. The regulation is preventing it. get rid of it and the coverage will exist, and for less than the govt is spending.
Tort system in this country (lawsuits) (get rich quick bs) Again, no solution? Make it punitive on the ATTORNEYS to loose a BS lawsuit.
The shortage of Electricity (already present in places like California, and spreading). (lobbiest and corp america ****ing people over but gubment not doing anything about it as they are on the paymaster ticket) Ummm .. When was the last power plant built in Cali??? Idiot PEOPLE don't want one nearby. Environmentalists don't want them built AT ALL. Pennsylvania generates more electricity than Cali does, so does Florida, so does N Carolina, somnething wrong there. Start building new plants, NUCLEAR, and to he!! with the protestors.
Environment issues (suv driving tree hugers??)
Oil supply to this country (see above)Ahh, so the govt is keeping you paying $3 a gal for gas? 26 years since a refinery was BUILT. I've seen 3 dismantled over last 20 years in Kansas. We have no capacity left to make fuel. Are making as fast as we are using, identical to electrical suply. Build more refineries, anywhere. Again, screw the environazis.
Public School System failing to teach children (my tax dollars hard at work) Again, complain but no solution.
School uniforms, strict discipline at school, no lipping off by students, no foul language, no piercings, phones, bullshyte etceterasw. They are in school to LEARN. (and eliminate the greatast stopper to the schools, the Teacher's Union.)
The amount of people in US living "below the poverty level". (if you look it up, it's like $18,000 a year if you have 3 kids.) (how many billions over to israel?) So, what, stop paying Israel and give it to the poor? 95% of people in this country have jobs. 5% don, 5% don't WANT one. The ones poor have made bad choices (been there, WAY below poverty). Hard work will get ya out of there. Give them very little, that is incentive to work to gain.
Movie & recording piracy here electronically. (dont care) What? It's not a scam by "big entertainment" with the govt hand in the pocket? Frankly, I don't care much either on that one, but I don't pirate music or Video.
Gang crime/violence (shoot them all) Agreed.
Riots in cities (especially after sports teams or court cases these days). (stupid people showing their stupidity) Keep the shootings & beatings going.
Global warming/cooling, whichever one you subscribe to, cure it. (dont buy into the warming as I live in the upper midwest and it is cold here, don't care if it gets cold, shit happens) Both are BS, fraudulent science. Just wanted your opinion. Some folks really believe in it.
Noise problems/complaints on lakes & rivers nationwide. (people need something to bitch about, kinda like building a house next to an airport) Yea, but idiots like those try to get airports closed or REALLY scream if a plane crashes in their yard livig off the end of the runway. Tell-em to go eat cake.

Kachina26
08-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Don't flatter yourself, it has come to a point where you are a waste of bandwidth.
And still no answer to the question! What a fukin' pussy! I'm not flattering myself, I've received many PM's thanking me for getting you to finally shut your fuking man gravy recepticle! What a loser! All this time and you still couldn't find something to cut 'n paste into the post.

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Korea is a non-issue, one volley towards us or S. Korea and the first thing that will happen it will be swatted down with whatever countermeasure that is in place ( personally I believe "Star Wars" is operational ). A high altitude detonation ( = minimal initial death count and manageable fallout ) It will then be dealers choice for a retaliation or not. If 2 are ever launched it is ON and N korea will be a 1000 yr nightlite.

Creator
08-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Marajuana usage (no big) No problem that NEARLY EVERYONE who uses weed for a while goes on to harder drugs? Well, so much for the rest of the drug problem too.
Let me first say:
I agree with almost everything you've said here.
I know this is not my thread but I have to call you on this one.
You are just wrong here, Sounds like you've been watching Refer madness again.
I don't smoke it but I have done plenty of studies back in college and this is just not the case. Contrary to popular belief it is not a "GATEWAY" drug. Really calling it a gateway drug is like saying If you smoke cigarettes you'll smoke pot. The statistics are almost the same. You only make this comment because the people who get caught doing harder drugs have also smoked pot.
When an anonymous study in the age groups 18 to 65 was done it turns out many more americans are smoking than you think. I personally know plenty of high ranking business men that like to kick their shoes off and smoke a bit when the week is over and have been doing so for many years.
I'm republican, I'm conservative, I'm educated and I'm realistic, This is not a major problem in our country.
If anything it should be legalized, grown by our farmers (Cheap to Grow and has many byproducts) here in the USA sold on our store shelves (treated like alcohol) and taxed up the A$$. Take that money and start using it to solve some of our many other issues that do matter. My .02
Everything else in your post...ROCK ON! I totally agree.
Please don't flame me on this one, I just wanted to let you know what I've studied in the past (can you tell I was a psychology major). If you disagree it's OK with me, it's really not the most important issue in this thread.

Blown 472
08-11-2005, 11:36 PM
And still no answer to the question! What a fukin' pussy! I'm not flattering myself, I've received many PM's thanking me for getting you to finally shut your fuking man gravy recepticle! What a loser! All this time and you still couldn't find something to cut 'n paste into the post.
really?? all jumping on the dipshit wagon? funny no pm's to me. Keep living the dream you hard ass.

Kachina26
08-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Sorry Smokin SS, I tried to get an answer out him. But, nobody was available to tell him how he would fix these problems.
Hard ass :D Now that's funny.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Let me first say:
I agree with almost everything you've said here.
I know this is not my thread but I have to call you on this one.
You are just wrong here, Sounds like you've been watching Refer madness again.
I don't smoke it but I have done plenty of studies back in college and this is just not the case. Contrary to popular belief it is not a "GATEWAY" drug. Really calling it a gateway drug is like saying If you smoke cigarettes you'll smoke pot. The statistics are almost the same. You only make this comment because the people who get caught doing harder drugs have also smoked pot.
When an anonymous study in the age groups 18 to 65 was done it turns out many more americans are smoking than you think. I personally know plenty of high ranking business men that like to kick their shoes off and smoke a bit when the week is over and have been doing so for many years.
I'm republican, I'm conservative, I'm educated and I'm realistic, This is not a major problem in our country.
If anything it should be legalized, grown by our farmers (Cheap to Grow and has many byproducts) here in the USA sold on our store shelves (treated like alcohol) and taxed up the A$$. Take that money and start using it to solve some of our many other issues that do matter. My .02
Everything else in your post...ROCK ON! I totally agree.
Please don't flame me on this one, I just wanted to let you know what I've studied in the past (can you tell I was a psychology major). If you disagree it's OK with me, it's really not the most important issue in this thread.
I don't flame anyone Creator, not even Blown. :cool:
I don't think I am underestimating weed's usage. I work building aircraft for a living, I am also in the Millitary part time (17 years). I know quite a few people who used to be aircraft co-workers till they got burned on a UA (stupidity throwing away a $20+/hour job for weed. I have never smoked it myself either, not used any others. I have not dug deeply into statistics of drug usage, BUT, since you mention a lot of people who get busted for harsher drugs used pot, How many people get busted for hard dope that DIDN'T use pot, not many.
I've started trolling stats.:
NHSDA data for 2000 show that lifetime use among those aged 12 to 17 was much higher for marijuana/hashish (18.3%) than for the next highest specific drug--LSD (3.6%).1
Many more kids smoke grass than use any other drug. Few kids start with hard stuff, (coke, halucinogens, crank) most find Marajuana, and move up from there, making it a gateway drug. Sure, some folks stop at grass, many do not.
There is an argument for legalization and taxation, which I am not ENTIRELY against, but I cannot claim to be "for". I do agree that weed usage itself may not be a major problem but I think I can back up my belief that it is a precursor to the bigger problems caused by the harder drugs.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry Smokin SS, I tried to get an answer out him. But, nobody was available to tell him how he would fix these problems.
Hard ass :D Now that's funny.
Thx for the help Kachina. :mix: haha I tried too, to little result. I don't PM him because I just PM (PUBLIC MESSAGE) him here. He probably thinks (or thought) I was trying to bait him into something other than an open discussion of our differing ideas. Oh well. It has been "educational" and "informative". :chi:

Creator
08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Absolutely they start somewhere, no argument there.
Unfortunately if weed didn't exist there would be some other drug that would be in its place as the "gateway".
I also agree it is completely idiotic to lose a job just to smoke some pot. It's illegal and that's just the way it is right now. On the flip side though, I am a supporter of the legalization of marijuana as I stated before. I really don't care what people do at home as long as it stays at home and in NO WAY affects their ability to be productive at work and in society. That is an issue for debate right there, I understand.
I'm glad to see you did some research before posting (unlike many others). If in the future you ever want to discuss this further (I doubt it) I'd be more than happy to share the results of many studies conducted yearly from 1975 to present.
Just to be clear though and leave this on a positive note, Marijuana use has dropped consistently by a 10 to 18% among high school students and young adults for the last 6 years. That's something.
I don't want to take up anymore space in this thread so I will just leave it at that.
Thanks for the reply.

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Wow, great posts guys... :cool:
Even yours was interesting (read intertaining) Blown.
As far as gateway drugs are concerned, which do you think some one would be more likely to try a harder drug, some one that was drunk on alcohol? Or some one stoned on pot?
:smile:

Creator
08-12-2005, 08:23 PM
As far as gateway drugs are concerned, which do you think some one would be more likely to try a harder drug, some one that was drunk on alcohol? Or some one stoned on pot?
How Drunk? J/k
I don't know, it would depend on the person. I try to steer clear of speculation. Alcohol is legal, pot is not therefore apples and oranges.

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2005, 08:31 PM
How Drunk? J/k
I don't know, it would depend on the person. I try to steer clear of speculation. Alcohol is legal, pot is not therefore apples and oranges.
Ah yes, but the end result would be the same. :)
Apparently you haven't: 'you have to go to the hospital right after you hear an intoxicated redneck utter the infamous, "Hey y'all, watch this!!!"' :hammerhea

Creator
08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Ah yes, but the end result would be the same. :)
Apparently you haven't: 'you have to go to the hospital right after you hear an intoxicated redneck utter the infamous, "Hey y'all, watch this!!!"' :hammerhea
Ah, refer to my post earlier in the sandbar. I think they said something similar.
Hey Watch This (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88755)

Blown 472
08-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Now that is a hard call, as I snorted vodka off the bar tonight so what does that mean as I have not smoked any pot today.

Seadog
08-13-2005, 04:35 AM
While I am not a big supporter of calling pot a gateway drug, I am a big proponent of it not being legal.
Many decades ago, in a land far, far away, I tried smoking. In Vietnam, I hated the smokers because they were associated with the addicts. A lot of the pot was laced with dust by the locals to increase their market. In addition, the pot smokers, even if the stuff was safe, they were not. I was not interested in the clinical analysis. A drinker would soon sober up in an emergency, but a smoker was unreliable. Their senses were dulled and they could get you kiled.
In Korea, I tried smoking. Hell, I did quite a bit when I was stuck on a mountain for several months. I gave it up when I got back stateside because I did not want the restrictions and stigma of an arrest record.
Since then, I have noticed several things about pot smokers. There are many addictive people, like alkies, that cannot give it up. I also notice that there are a bunch of the recreation smokers, that will never amount to anything. Pot has a tendency to rot the brain over time. Once a month users are probably never going to show it, but those who indulge every night or every weekend, are never the brightest members of the team. No difference between them and Joe Sixpack, except it stays with them more the day after.
And unlike a few beers in the evening, the children are going to be inhaling second-hand pot smoke. The are more likely to grow up hooked on pot. I suspect that pot is as addictive or more addictive than tobacco.
I supervise people and I suspect some of being smokers. To a man, they do not retain information as well the others. They have to be constantly watched because I can tell them one thing and they remember another. And the worse part is the lacking of interest in doing a job properly.
I also have noted several cases where smokers have caused fatal accidents and some where they have committed murder. I have little patience with those who grow and sell weed. I may advocate the immediate execution of meth and crack dealers. Pot dealers, I would allow them to only serve a year on a chain gang in Iraq.

canuck1
08-13-2005, 08:46 AM
While I am not a big supporter of calling pot a gateway drug, I am a big proponent of it not being legal.
Many decades ago, in a land far, far away, I tried smoking. In Vietnam, I hated the smokers because they were associated with the addicts. A lot of the pot was laced with dust by the locals to increase their market. In addition, the pot smokers, even if the stuff was safe, they were not. I was not interested in the clinical analysis. A drinker would soon sober up in an emergency, but a smoker was unreliable. Their senses were dulled and they could get you kiled.
In Korea, I tried smoking. Hell, I did quite a bit when I was stuck on a mountain for several months. I gave it up when I got back stateside because I did not want the restrictions and stigma of an arrest record.
Since then, I have noticed several things about pot smokers. There are many addictive people, like alkies, that cannot give it up. I also notice that there are a bunch of the recreation smokers, that will never amount to anything. Pot has a tendency to rot the brain over time. Once a month users are probably never going to show it, but those who indulge every night or every weekend, are never the brightest members of the team. No difference between them and Joe Sixpack, except it stays with them more the day after.
And unlike a few beers in the evening, the children are going to be inhaling second-hand pot smoke. The are more likely to grow up hooked on pot. I suspect that pot is as addictive or more addictive than tobacco.
I supervise people and I suspect some of being smokers. To a man, they do not retain information as well the others. They have to be constantly watched because I can tell them one thing and they remember another. And the worse part is the lacking of interest in doing a job properly.
I also have noted several cases where smokers have caused fatal accidents and some where they have committed murder. I have little patience with those who grow and sell weed. I may advocate the immediate execution of meth and crack dealers. Pot dealers, I would allow them to only serve a year on a chain gang in Iraq.
What was the question again?

Creator
08-13-2005, 09:43 AM
If this is going to continue on as a marijuana thread, A new thread should be started.
Seadog, First let me thank you for your service in our military.
Now without going into depth here I will just say I appreciate you comments but I do disagree on most points.
Too much research and personal observation counters all most all of your statements. Because this is just an opinion that you stated I will leave it at that.
I'm having a hard time not addressing each point so I will respond to this later tonight when I can pick at each part.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm glad to see you did some research before posting (unlike many others). If in the future you ever want to discuss this further (I doubt it) I'd be more than happy to share the results of many studies conducted yearly from 1975 to present
Thanks for the reply.
Well, you are correct that I don't really care to discuss Marajuana usage much further, but that is not due to our difference of opinion. It is merely due to it not being a particularly interesting topic to me. No offence, either offered or taken. :smile:
Yes, I do check out what I post (mostly) prior to posting things. When I have an opinion, I like to have knowledgs and facts to base it on. Sometimes I find out I was mistaken, and then consider revising my opinion even before posting it. Thx for noticing. :cool: