PDA

View Full Version : need to know where to put water psi hole in pump

robsquezn
08-10-2005, 08:51 PM
i have a jg bowl i whant to put a water psi gage in to the pump can some one help me with where it gos pics whould be nice anny info on this thanks rob

moneysucker
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Check in the NJBA Rule book and it will tell you where they want it in the specs but sorry, no pix

pops1
08-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Check in the NJBA Rule book and it will tell you where they want it in the specs but sorry, no pix
Not sure what or why NJBA Rule Book would have any Ruling on this. If you are after Intake/Suction Pressure -I will stay away from the Variables that go on regarding this subject. Suction Base _ Below the shaft line will always give you the higher reading. Stay 1" or more in front of the Wear ring- I would say
you might find the 8 O Clock(position to be as good a source. Wherever (position) you establish It, That becomes your base Pressure. 1 change at a time will tell you what just happened. Your baseline. Also no 2 units will read the same Good Luck

wsm9808
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
This is where the pressure gauge tap is on mine. It was already there when I bought the boat. Boat was raced for several years and last owner claims Papp did all the pump and bottom work, so maybe it is in the right place.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/503/226IMAGE088.JPG