PDA

View Full Version : Engine Update...

Devilman
08-11-2005, 04:58 AM
Got the intake & heads off last night. Extensive amount of water in the oil ate up some bearings. The rattling was the last #4 & #8 pistons slapping the head. Duane will have it on a stand & pull the pan today & find out how much more damage there may be. Crank, couple of rods, hard to say.... Hopefully, the damage will be minimal! Greaser, didn't you say something about a fundraiser? :)
Oh yeah, ISL is back.... :rollside: :rollside:

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Got the intake & heads off last night. Extensive amount of water in the oil ate up some bearings. The rattling was the last #4 & #8 pistons slapping the head. Duane will have it on a stand & pull the pan today & find out how much more damage there may be. Crank, couple of rods, hard to say.... Hopefully, the damage will be minimal! Greaser, didn't you say something about a fundraiser? :)
Oh yeah, ISL is back.... :rollside: :rollside:D-MANthis dont sound too good :frown:

Devilman
08-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Well, till he gets the pan off, where he can see inside. I'm trying to stay positive. First thought was Crank=junk, 2 rods=junk, 2 pistons on those rods=questionable, block=fine(may get away with a hone, might need to bore it: one cylinder was kinda funny looking ,but it was getting dark?). I guess all bets are offtill the pan is removed though....

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Well, till he gets the pan off, where he can see inside. I'm trying to stay positive. First thought was Crank=junk, 2 rods=junk, 2 pistons on those rods=questionable, block=fine(may get away with a hone, might need to bore it: one cylinder was kinda funny looking ,but it was getting dark?). I guess all bets are offtill the pan is removed though....yea well keep lookin on the up and up and maybe it wont hurt too bad! lemme know what the damage is later.

Devilman
08-11-2005, 05:36 AM
yea well keep lookin on the up and up and maybe it wont hurt too bad! lemme know what the damage is later.
I sure will!! I got some more to tell you, just gotta get some trucks out of the way. :jawdrop:

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 06:15 AM
I sure will!! I got some more to tell you, just gotta get some trucks out of the way. :jawdrop:ok i'll be around!!! hey i gotta 300 six banger we could put in da boat! boy now that would be unusual with one big header on one side! sad thing is that 300 with a little hopping up will haul ass !

Devilman
08-11-2005, 06:33 AM
ok i'll be around!!! hey i gotta 300 six banger we could put in da boat! boy now that would be unusual with one big header on one side! sad thing is that 300 with a little hopping up will haul ass !
It'd have to be one bad mother or you guys would laugh me off the lake!! LOL!! I know what you mean though, I 've been around some sixes that would flat ass get it!! Some guys here in town had a '36 Chevy pickup with a six they would run at the drags. That sumbitch would surprise ya. Name of their team was "Buzzin' Half-Dozen" race team...

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 06:38 AM
It'd have to be one bad mother or you guys would laugh me off the lake!! LOL!! I know what you mean though, I 've been around some sixes that would flat ass get it!! Some guys here in town had a '36 Chevy pickup with a six they would run at the drags. That sumbitch would surprise ya. Name of their team was "Buzzin' Half-Dozen" race team...haha what else were you gonna tell me?

Devilman
08-11-2005, 06:56 AM
haha what else were you gonna tell me?
Well, nothing major, yet! The 460 I have doesn't look like it will work. I DID find a crankshaft, rods, & pistons, that I forgot I had. Don't know anything about them either other than they are FoMoCo. I may or may not be in luck with that stuff. I posted the #'s in Gear Heads, I know there are more than a few knowledgeable Ford guys on here. I also talked to Esabataj this morning & he has some stuff that will work, if mine won't! Keeping the fingers crossed!
On a down note though, I found that I couldn't use the 460 outta my big truck even if I wanted to. It won't work with my motor mount set-up. I wonder if I could just change my motor mount deal??? :idea: Gotta run to the shop right quick, but I'll be right back!

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Well, nothing major, yet! The 460 I have doesn't look like it will work. I DID find a crankshaft, rods, & pistons, that I forgot I had. Don't know anything about them either other than they are FoMoCo. I may or may not be in luck with that stuff. I posted the #'s in Gear Heads, I know there are more than a few knowledgeable Ford guys on here. I also talked to Esabataj this morning & he has some stuff that will work, if mine won't! Keeping the fingers crossed!
On a down note though, I found that I couldn't use the 460 outta my big truck even if I wanted to. It won't work with my motor mount set-up. I wonder if I could just change my motor mount deal??? :idea: Gotta run to the shop right quick, but I'll be right back!im lost on the ford stuff dude your better off with richard helping ya he knows that stuff pretty good!

Devilman
08-11-2005, 07:29 AM
im lost on the ford stuff dude your better off with richard helping ya he knows that stuff pretty good!
Yessir! He's on it! Looks like I may have a back up plan if my stuff heads south... Stand- up guy right there! On a side note: I was talking to my brother about it this morning. He said, and I quote, "Might be time to put a Chevy in it!" :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Yessir! He's on it! Looks like I may have a back up plan if my stuff heads south... Stand- up guy right there! On a side note: I was talking to my brother about it this morning. He said, and I quote, "Might be time to put a Chevy in it!" :sqeyes: :sqeyes:i have no comment on that deal,,besides look at all the crap your gonna have to buy just to change it over!

Devilman
08-11-2005, 08:00 AM
i have no comment on that deal,,besides look at all the crap your gonna have to buy just to change it over!
He was just giving me a hard time!! Didn't plan it that way, but since way back, he's always had Chevys & I always had Fords. I thought about it, nothing I would do right now of course, but who knows?? :cool:

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 08:25 AM
He was just giving me a hard time!! Didn't plan it that way, but since way back, he's always had Chevys & I always had Fords. I thought about it, nothing I would do right now of course, but who knows?? :cool:i sure hope yours starts coming together,i talked to richard and it seems there might be some parts available :rollside:

Devilman
08-11-2005, 08:38 AM
i sure hope yours starts coming together,i talked to richard and it seems there might be some parts available :rollside:
Yessir!! Talking to the boy right now..... :D

oldbuck40
08-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Yessir!! Talking to the boy right now..... :D
the boy will fix ya up! he's good guy and will steer ya the right way...

taylormanss
08-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey devilman I was talking to a buddy who said he has some 460 stuff give him a call at 361-765 0414 his name is Tony Guerra.

Devilman
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey devilman I was talking to a buddy who said he has some 460 stuff give him a call at 361-765 0414 his name is Tony Guerra.
Thanks man! I'll certainly keep it in mind. Looks like mine is pretty screwed as I ran it after it had water in it. I've got a mildly built 460 I'm gonna pull out of my 4x4 & use it for the time being & put the 429 in mothballs.... Wish I knew then what I know now!!!!

taylormanss
08-17-2005, 09:18 AM
so are you gonna make JETFEST????????????????