PDA

View Full Version : Interview questions

Angry Inch
08-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm on a committee to interview candidates for a director of operations position at my work. I can't think of any good original questions. Can you all help me out?
I work for a private university. The position is campus director.

upsman105
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
What's your best pick-up line for a co-ed?

Jbb
08-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Is it or is it not a fact that you killed a group of people Juy7 1969 in a drug induced rampage?

JB in so cal
08-11-2005, 09:18 AM
what kind would you be :wink:
Do you want to go camping?
Are you a Virgo?
Boxers or briefs?
Wad or fold?
:cool: :cool:
Let me know if I can help any more.

dimarcobros
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
What campus?
DMB

Angry Inch
08-11-2005, 09:23 AM
I should have known better.
If the chick is smoking hot, I'll hire her.

JB in so cal
08-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Since most Institutions of Higher Learning employ people with GREAT senses of humor, I suggest playing your Avitar on a big screen behind you as you conduct the interview. :2purples:

Water Romper
08-11-2005, 09:34 AM
“So (insert name here), what is your preference,
Jets?
Outboards?
I/O?
Runner Bottom?

Red Eye
08-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Do you give lap dances?
How do you feel about fraternization in the work place?
What are you thoughts on dipping the pen in the company ink?

Vada
08-11-2005, 09:35 AM
You had to know that these were the responses that you were going to get :D

hoolign
08-11-2005, 09:37 AM
If you found a bag of some killer bud on the floor would you...
A) Call the authorities
B) Stuff it in your pocket with hopes no one saw you
C) Come to my office with a bong and two bags of double fudge oreos

uvindex
08-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I can't think of any good original questions. Can you all help me out?Here are some that I use:
What was the most complex report that you ever had to write?
What will your current boss say when you go in to resign?
What do you think are the essential qualities of a good director of operations here?
Tell me about a project that you were unable to complete, and explain why you were unable to complete it.
What type of person do you get along with best?
What are some of the things you find difficult to do?
What would you say is your biggest flaw?
After the candidate tells you about a particular project or task they accomplished, ask follow-up questions such as:
What decisions or judgement calls did you have to make in that area?
What achievements are you most proud of in that area?
And the old standbys: Tell me more about that... or I'd like some more details about that....
A couple of general interviewer tips. The candidate should do most of the talking. Often candidates will ask you questions in an attempt to get the spotlight off of them and onto you. When that happens, say, "Let's please finish my questions then you'll have an opportunity to ask me anything you'd like." Also, don't worry about "dead air." If the candidate is silent while thinking of a response don't worry about it and don't feel that you need to fill the silence with words.
Good luck!

riverroyal
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
shaved or el natural

JB in so cal
08-11-2005, 09:50 AM
shaved or el natural
...oh come on. He's trying to get some serious questions to ask and you chime in with that? :rollside:

hoolign
08-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Since most Institutions of Higher Learning employ people with GREAT senses of humor, I suggest playing your Avitar on a big screen behind you as you conduct the interview. :2purples:
THE OWL???

CandyA$$
08-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Here are some that I use:
What was the most complex report that you ever had to write?
What will your current boss say when you go in to resign?
What do you think are the essential qualities of a good director of operations here?
Tell me about a project that you were unable to complete, and explain why you were unable to complete it.
What type of person do you get along with best?
What are some of the things you find difficult to do?
What would you say is your biggest flaw?
After the candidate tells you about a particular project or task they accomplished, ask follow-up questions such as:
What decisions or judgement calls did you have to make in that area?
What achievements are you most proud of in that area?
And the old standbys: Tell me more about that... or I'd like some more details about that....
A couple of general interviewer tips. The candidate should do most of the talking. Often candidates will ask you questions in an attempt to get the spotlight off of them and onto you. When that happens, say, "Let's please finish my questions then you'll have an opportunity to ask me anything you'd like." Also, don't worry about "dead air." If the candidate is silent while thinking of a response don't worry about it and don't feel that you need to fill the silence with words.
Good luck!
Oh wow I like these. :D
Good Luck :clover: , I know I hate giving interviews with a board of people. :redface:

Angry Inch
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Well it's done. It was really easier than I thought. Thanks for the laughs HB and for the serious replies as well. :) :smile: :) :smile: