PDA

View Full Version : WHY do People?????

Krumbsnatcher
08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Spend thousands of dollars on their boats and then when it comes to buying fenders (bumpers), anchors and tie lines they have not a clue.
Just wondering what you guys have seen.
:coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup

riverbound
08-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Spend thousands of dollars on their boats and then when it comes to buying fenders (bumpers), anchors and tie lines they have not a clue.
I was one of those guys this weekend :( actaully when I was cleaing the boat out I pulled all the ropes, anchors and fenders out. I forgot to put them back in the boat and didnt realize until we were down at the sandbar :hammerhea

Unforgiven
08-11-2005, 02:29 PM
I was one of those guys this weekend :( actaully when I was cleaing the boat out I pulled all the ropes, anchors and fenders out. I forgot to put them back in the boat and didnt realize until we were down at the sandbar :hammerhea
you must have been making room for all the booze

riverbound
08-11-2005, 02:31 PM
you must have been making room for all the booze
Kind of.....it was probably all the booze that made me forget :( no biggie we tied up to somone else and kept them full of beer.

Unforgiven
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Kind of.....it was probably all the booze that made me forget :( no biggie we tied up to somone else and kept them full of beer.
oh..so I see your playing bartender too!!...great way to meet people...

Not So Fast
08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Got color matched dock lines, bumpers, towels, Kerns S.S. sand spike, box anchor all that crap just have to many damn speakers to cover, just over a $$grand to do it in your covers. Oh well Xmas is coming so maybe ;) I need the $$$$ for F----ING fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: NSF

Racer277
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
HA HA, LMAO :D
This reminds me of NoDigg at the Desert Heat. Yelling at guys "You spent 200K on your boat and you don't have a damn $5 rope? WTF"
:D :D

riverbound
08-11-2005, 02:45 PM
oh..so I see your playing bartender too!!...great way to meet people...
No I was playing alcoholic...its a much easier role :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
HA HA, LMAO :D
This reminds me of NoDigg at the Desert Heat. Yelling at guys "You spent 200K on your boat and you don't have a damn $5 rope? WTF"
:D :D
OMG! I remember that now. LMAO! :) :)

Kachina26
08-11-2005, 03:45 PM
This would be a good question for SYA, he had some old rope he found in the marina parking lot for an anchor line!

phuggit
08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
A buddy bought a new boat and pulled it from the sales lot straight to the river. Didn't have a damn thing except life jackets, which were part of the dealer package. I gave him an old anchor and told him to get some ropes, fenders and at least a towel to wipe the boat down with.
Two weeks later he shows up at the river with pieces of yellow nylon rope he bought at Home Depot and asks if they're good enough. I told him they would work fine as long as he was more than three boats away from me. :hammer2:

jdogginla
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
This would be a good question for SYA, he had some old rope he found in the marina parking lot for an anchor line!
An old rome for an achor line and his friend eric as a buoy/bumper! Nice!^%$@# :hammerhea

uvindex
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Spend thousands of dollars on their boats and then when it comes to buying fenders (bumpers), anchors and tie lines they have not a clue.You're not kidding. People using a friggin' plastic Tide or Prestone jug as a mooring buoy. Another one is when people use their ski towline to tie up at the dock -- sheesh, just buy some real docklines for crying out loud. :) And while we're on the topic, learn how to tie off a line on a cleat properly :p

Beer-30
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
You're not kidding. People using a friggin' plastic Tide or Prestone jug as a mooring buoy. Another one is when people use their ski towline to tie up at the dock -- sheesh, just buy some real docklines for crying out loud. :) And while we're on the topic, learn how to tie off a line on a cleat properly :p
Amen. Can I get a witness!?!
We bought Beer-30 and she had old dingy brownish ropes, 3 different color fenders, a piece of PVC with a scrap of orange cloth riveted to it for a flag. Old pointy swiveley anchor with a chain.
At the boat show, we spent $200 on red Top-Knot tie-off and fender ropes, silver beach and anchor ropes. Another $200 on large box-anchor and large sand-spike. C'mon peeps, don't these nice boats deserve nice equip?