PDA

View Full Version : Inflation? Government figures are bullshit...

Mandelon
08-11-2005, 05:53 PM
How can they keep saying inflation figures are "low"?
The cost of everything I buy has seemingly doubled in the past couple of years....milk, gas, building supplies, insurance, housing....need I go on?
What do they use when they calculate "inflation"???? :mad: Whatever goes up they must take out of the equation....

Topock Junkie
08-11-2005, 05:57 PM
All they do is bullshi@ us with SMOKE and MIRRORS.

Freak
08-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Those #'s are so twisted from them it's not even funny but it keeps the regular joe blows the don't research for themselfs thinking things are great and so they invest in the market etc. Your being lied to but it is keeping the economy running. The truth sucks huh?

Rexone
08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
How can they keep saying inflation figures are "low"?
The cost of everything I buy has seemingly doubled in the past couple of years....milk, gas, building supplies, insurance, housing....need I go on?
What do they use when they calculate "inflation"???? :mad: Whatever goes up they must take out of the equation....
I agree, many items and materials we purchase have gone up 10-50% in the past 2 years. Perhaps they are reporting inflation on the moon. I'm sure it's minimal there.

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Mandelon you are way off, LAST YEAR ALONE doubled....

bigq
08-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Maybe, but when you adjust inflation for inflation our prices are actually lower than in 1953. :hammerhea
in the end just feel good and smile when you take in the end :wink:

wsuwrhr
08-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Maybe, but when you adjust inflation for inflation our prices are actually lower than in 1953. :hammerhea
in the end just feel good and smile when you take in the end :wink:
Inflation is great WHERE THE RULEMAKERS ARE, course they are on the take.
Everyone else has to WORK to provide a living.
Brian

sorry dog
08-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Inflation appears to have helped you California home owners...

Freak
08-17-2005, 10:56 AM
HA HA..I just love dumb ass comments like this.
"Energy is a killer, but if you don't use it, you're not seeing a whole lot of inflation,"
No shit shirlock. Well, if you don't "buy stuff", you're not affected by inflation are you? See inflation is nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:
Who can live without buying stuff? Who can live without using energy? In todays world?
Idiots like this need to be shot.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/16/AR2005081600565.html

Mandelon
08-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Where can I found out what they actually use to figure the inflation number?

Topock Junkie
08-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Inflation appears to have helped you California home owners...
Only if we sell. If we pull equity we still have to pay it back.

sorry dog
08-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I would normally say sell, but I'd rather ya'll keep your inflation away from me.

HighRoller
08-26-2005, 06:18 PM
It's really quite simple. Everything you buy has to be transported. While railroads and ships do transport freight, 99.9% of everything has to ride on a truck eventually to get to its destination. (A locomotive does not deliver to stores) Fuel, which is the #1 expense for trucking companies, has doubled in the past two years. When I was still doing the OTR gig, I paid about 1.20-1.50 a gallon for diesel. I got 1.00-1.40 a mile for a load. Now, fuel is touching 3 bucks and loads are paying 2.00-2.50 a mile. No wonder you have "resultant inflation". The trucking companies and Owner Ops aren't going to swallow that kind of increase in their bottom line. They expect higher rates, and higher rates mean higher prices in the store. Ironically, the Gov't doesn't consider this kind of thing "inflation" because they had no hand in it.

ROZ
08-27-2005, 03:32 PM
inflation[t] = f(cpi[t],cpi[t-1]) ? I think CPI is the consumer price index... I think F = rates?
Sorry, I'm no math wiz...

desertbird
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Only if we sell. If we pull equity we still have to pay it back.
YAH!! Pull the equity and buy a bigger boat!!!!! :rollside: :eek: :rollside: